[PRP] Wounded wings

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:43 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

(Will take place after Raia/Tawi found their perfect den)

Mstiri was enjoying their new home. He had made a small next just on top of a small ledge (there was multiple there), but he needed to make it a bit more comfortable. Sleeping on the hard rock wasn't the most pleasant of feelings, and while Tawi and Raia were getting their own dwelling situated, Mstiri would need to do the same.

He scouted the skies, looking for loose twins, patches of fur, anything to make his bedding softer. He was sure Tawi wasn't liking him pulling the strands of his mane every now and then.

But, something caught his attention. A grounded bird? While that was a normal appearance for someone with a lion bond, like he and Tawi, Mstiri didn't see anyone nearby. A frown tugged at his beak as he swooped low. What was her story?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:27 am
"Wrong place, wrong time."

The dark, feathered avian groaned to herself as she continued to move towards something akin to shelter. Brillo found herself forcibly grounded, a once proud raven, now nothing more than a quick meal and she knew it. Each sound that tousled the leaves surrounding her, or made a groan caused her to jump slightly. The Viking toughened raven wasn't used to this behavior - or feeling weak.

A small branch overtook her though, fell slightly under its own weight and knocked her to the ground. The already grievous wounds burned as the branch struck and she held back a screech that promised to wake the dead if she let it loose. With her single good wing, fortunately the one beneath the branch, she was able to push free of its entrapment, but not before noticing something above her.

The distinct sound of feathers took over her ears - she had been hearing them most of the night, but they hadn't sounded near enough for her to be concerned, but now Brillo peered up to find something had sighted her - great.

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:07 pm
Ctrl F Greenie

Mstiri made eye contact with the raven. A frown placed on his beak as he landed with a soft thump on the ground.

"You okay miss?" He asked, head tilting to take in the overall appearance of the raven. "That wing doesn't look good," he commented, eyeing the appendage as the female held it. "What happened?" The falcon asked, taking a step towards her.

Perhaps he was a little too quick into diving into an unknown bird's history. He needed to back up a little. "Oh...I'm Mstiri. You are in the Mwezi'johari territory. But, the lions here are pretty friendly to birds." He wanted to make sure the avian felt safe, even if he was kind of protruding on her personal space.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:54 am
Soon she was showered in company, wanted or unwanted, she needed it. Brillo recognized that she was a sitting duck, but that didn't mean she was about to lose her attitude. Miss? The bird snorted at the greeting/concern, her brow furrowed shortly after as she looked over the invading individual. "You're a nosy sort." Brillo scolded harshly, not caring to relax her tone even slightly. "What happened matters very little, but yes, I'm not at my best." She admitted this with a shrug and glanced away. Weakness didn't look good on anyone, but feeling it was incredibly out of place for her.

"Brillo." Her gaze returned to him. "The Mwezi'Johari?" Brillo repeated the prides name and looked back to the ground for some form of invisible support or memory. What happened? Her memory remained fuzzy and she found her gaze returning to Mstiri. "At least they are friendly I suppose. Will you help a bird out then?" She pressed him a little. "I know it's probably a lot to ask, but with my wing the way it is.. who knows what will happen to me out here."

What she was asking was a lot. A stray avian out in the wild? For another bird it could be just as damning to help.. then to just leave her for possible death.

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:04 am
Ctrl F Greenie

"Nosy?" Mstiri paused. "Pardon my trying to help someone who looked like they are in trouble." The falcon cawed, taken aback by her hostility. "Obviously." He snorted, shaking his head. Well, he couldn't let that bother him. Negativity didn't affect him as much, living with the anxiety ridden lion. Letting the raven's attitude brush off his shoulder, he went to refocus on the reason he stopped in the first place. Her wing.

Her attitude seemed to change a little as she spoke her name, and the pride's. "Yeah. I mean, That's why I stopped. I may not be a lion born in the pride, but I was raised here, and always learned to help others in need." Mstiri advised. "Though, I don't think I could carry you....err not that your are heavy or anything!" He quick backtracked his comment. "My bonds," Mstiri was claiming Raia as his bond too, "just moved to a den nearby. It's got a lot of space," much to Tawi's dismay. Why two lions and a bird needed all the space baffled the blue male. Poor naive lion. "Ledges for safety, moon light. You name it! They did well." He chirped with a wide grin.

"Shouldn't be too long of a walk either. I'll walk with you! " It'd be rude of him to fly when she was grounded.

"Where did you come from Brillo?" If she didn't want to tell him how she had her wing injured, perhaps she could let on a little more about her past? That injury didn't look good.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:21 pm
"Yes, nosy."

She retorted, but still couldn't help feeling grateful for his company. The world was suddenly very small to her, her freedom was ruined for the time being. A brow rose as he continued on about her weight, though not directly. "Excuse me?" Was all she could manage to get out with bits of laughter trailing after which was sing songy in comparison to her abrasive tones.

"That sounds nice." She admitted with a shrug. "If you don't mind walking with me, I'm a little useless right now." Another shrug as she looked away briefly, suffering with these injuries had been bad enough, but having to rely on someone else? It was nearly to much to bare. "The moon light creeps in as well?" Brillo was a little surprised by this, if the moon crept in, wouldn't the sun? "Do your lions have a cover for the top of the den then?" Curiosity warmed her a bit, feeling something like that was better than what she felt before.

"Well lets head that way then."

She prepared to walk, but was clearly unexperienced. Her steps were awkward though quick enough to set a decent pace. It wouldn't be so bad. "I'm from a couple of places, but most recently the Myrsyk Syntynt." Brillo replied to his question. "I was a companion to one of those born of the Storm." She spoke with incredible pride that faded as she finished. "Have you lived here all your life?"

KasaiLoki

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:44 am
Ctrl F Greenie

Mstiri enjoyed the change in attitude from the raven. He nodded, stepping over towards her to offer any aid she might need. Although, he highly doubted she would try taking any.

"Yes. This pride worships the moon, or as they call it 'The Great Lion', so finding a perfect home with a moonlight was just fitting for them." Mstiri explained before frowning. "Oh... I guess they never thought of that...I am sure Raia will figure out something. Maybe make a cover for to keep the sun out," Or, more importantly, the rain. "Eh, minor details the two of them will figure out. My perch is under nice shelter," he grinned, now imagining a rainstorm soaking the two lions as they slept. Tawi would be so mad!

"It shouldn't be too far," Mstiri noted, watching the awkward steps of the female. "Never heard of the Myrsky Syntynyt lands. What are they like?" he asked. "And what happened to your companion?"

"Oh...Not my whole life no. I stumbled across my boy when he was just a cub. He had a branch almost land on him, which earned him the nickname Branch." Although the falcon didn't use it as much as before. "But since then I decided to make this place home. Only recently Raia joined our little duo."  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:43 pm
"Well isn't that odd." Her tone hadn't change, in fact it became simple. "So the folks here worship something they can't see?" Her mind was.. to put it mildly ..blown. Brillo allowed surprise to litter her expression and she didn't bother to compose herself. "My home worships gods, but cherishes the things they can take and touch." Though would that be her home any longer? The lion she had been with was no longer around.

"They were injured, just as I was, but they seemed to have made it away." She sneered slightly and instantly began to hold a grudge against her old companion.

"Sounds like you have a nice little family." Though she didn't let it bubble over she did feel some mild jealousy creep up. "Hopefully we can make it there soon." She felt faint and even wobbled slightly. The walk there would be a new version of hell for her and truthfully the varying emotional points of their conversation had drained her.

KasaiLoki

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:27 pm
Ctrl F Greenie

Mstiri paused his steps at her comment. "I mean...they can see the moon. So...it's not like they can't see anything. Just because they can't see a physical form of a lion doesn't mean it doesn't exists...right?" The falcon questioned, as Brillo went into her own description of her home. "They cherish each other." He found himself commenting quietly.

"Not a very good companion if they left you behind." Mstiri sighed. "Though, once your wing is healed I am sure you can find your way back to them if you want. Though, what would prevent them from leaving you again?" He wondered.

A smile tugged at his beak. Yes, they were a nice little family. One that would one day grow he knew, once Tawi realized that was what Raia wanted. "You'll get to me them. I am sure they will help take care of you to get that wing fixed. Don't worry," the falcon wrapped a wing around the other. "Lean on me if you have to. Not getting touchy feely, but I'd rather you not pass out just as we enter. I don't feel like explaining that to either lions." he jested.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:38 am
"Yes, but the moon seems like such an odd thing to worship." She turned her gaze upward and tilted her head slightly. Brillo couldn't see what the big fuss was, but it wasn't her place to feel neither here nor there. "That's true. The same could be said about prides out there.. we know they exist, but haven't seen them." She shrugged slightly, but didn't pause with him and so she was a little further ahead.

"I probably won't go back to him or any of them." Her jaw clenched slightly "Abandonment can go both ways." Had she been able to, she would have snarled, but as a bird she was unable and so branches and bushes around her received a glare.

Brillo visibly tensed up as he spoke and without a moments hesitation a wing was wrapped around her. She hoped they could help her and this was the thought she was focused on, his wing was a distraction, but she wasn't sure if it was a welcome one. "I'll do my best." She teased slightly and tried to look in his direction, but failed. Keeping her eyes forward were in her best interest - so it would seem.

KasaiLoki

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out