"Are you sure you're ready for this?" echoed a lilting voice. Lilith watched her lion companion from the darkness of their cavern retreat. The air was warm and ashy as she tested it on her tongue. Vito had just woken from a nap and was absently playing with half of a dead snake. Lilith had killed it herself. Her eyes glinted with a kind of warmth as she watched him.

"I think so," Vito replied, not seeming to care much about his companion's concerns. He picked up the half of the dead snake and let it slide over the back of his paw and onto the floor. "I don't think there's much to it, anyway," he added.

"You don't think?" Lilith asked wryly. "And how would you know?" She knew it was cruel to say that, but if Vito ever truly cared about her being cold from time to time, he'd have cast her out long ago. Or worse. She smirked at the thought. The victor of that battle was not so apparent in her mind. It would be interesting. Then again, it would never happen....

"I don't need personal experience with something in order to know it," Vito glowered. While Lilith watched, he picked up the remnants of his corpse toy and consumed them. Lilith remained stoic. While this didn't anger the lion, as he was used to her antics, it was still generally understood that she needed to watch her mouth.

"You seem to have forgotten who killed that snake," Lilith said with a smile. Vito licked snake blood off his maw and watched her apathetically. Maybe it had bothered her after all?

"Have you ever killed a lion, Lilith?" Vito asked her. Lilith inclined her head with amusement.

"No, but I don't need personal experience with something in order to know it's possible," she answered. Vito curled his lip.

"Didn't anyone ever tell you jealousy's disgusting?" he asked. Lilith laughed.

"Me, jealous? Of who, your little Amazonian succubus?" Vito rose to his feet and began to pad out of the cavern. "You're just going to let that slide?" she asked after him, her head turning slowly to follow his movements.

"I don't have time anymore," Vito grumbled. Lilith narrowed her eyes.

"True enough," she said coolly, "you won't have time for much of anything soon."

"I don't care," came his final response, and then he was gone.