Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:39 pm
User Image User Image

"So all these strange activity lately are being recorded I assume," Faun and Meztli were walking the border together while talking about inner workings of the pride. Mostly the High Lord was concerned with the ghostly phenomenon and Meztli was one of the scribes assigned to record some of what was going on. There were a good deal of scribes on this task as of now and a lot of shines doing their own investigation. The chevaliers were doing what they could to keep everyone safe as the strange ghostly phenomenon continued but there was only so much to do. The pride was leaning more so that this activity was not a threat as no one had been attacked and no apparitions , only lights, had been seen.

Suddenly Meztli stopped while Faun kept padding along. It took him a moment to realize she had stopped. He looked over his shoulder back at her and lifted a brow.

"Is something wrong? We have a lot of work to do with all this strange.." He stopped mid sentence really studying Meztlis face. "What is it?"

"Sorry sir but I have a feeling I need to go a few paces back this way. I can't really describe it but I have a feeling I need to be there... You are aware of .. my abilities.." She really did look sorry but what ever was bothering her seemed urgent. Faun sighed and gave a nod.

"Well if you're headed that way suppose I can tag along." He offered.

"Of course." She wasn't about to say no to Faun. It didn't fee -wrong- for him to follow her so she wasn't going to argue. "It's just a few paces back. What ever it is .. I don't believe its anything bad."

"Do you think it could be supernatural in nature?" Faun almost sounded hopeful.

"..not sure... I feel I need to be there is all." She turned and started off with Faun following after.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:08 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Don't be straying too far," whispered softly from a place a little off from where the pair had been walking, and in a quick moment, a cheeton had passed them, out of sight for now. She probably looked the most out of place, as she did in most places, being the union of a cheetah and lion. Being completely blind never helped either. "Jamala." She called again, as her charge wandered closer to the border's edge with a sense of certainty and youthful ignorance.

The small god was definitively someting supernatural in nature, as his little wings spread out on each side of him, catching the light wind that strayed across the land, feathers flickering contently. Turning back to his charge, he slowed down a little, knowng that she was doing all she could to stay in his pawsteps.

"It's okay, Leknaat, last time I came here, I met another like me, it was really nice." He chirped contently, before forging forward again, missing the uncertain look that followed. She knew that there were more gods - she was, too, a child of one. He was lucky he had found a welcoming domain this time. She did not want what happened back in Chokwe to happen to him, immortal or not.

"Besides, I don't think this is a bad place, I'd feel it. Nothing will go wrong--" he started, before fumbling a little through a small clearing, that just so happened to also fumble in to the same path as the other two wanderers.

"Uh." He could only come out, before Leknaat rushed forward, assuming he had gotten hurt or in trouble, only to nearly run over the little cub where he stood. "Hello!" He chirped to the large lion and his companion.

Friends, right?

Alpaca Chobi

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
  • Wandering Head-First 500

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:12 am
Nerpin

The fumble happened so fast and before the two on patrol laid a black and blue ball of feathers. Faun was intrigued by this occurrence now assuming this must have been what Meztli was talking about having a feeling. Were the two supposed to run in to the god? He'd yet to notice the cheeton near by.

"Why hello." Faun couldn't help but put a good amount of trust that this godling was not one that had dark powers. How could he? He was a little ball of fluff and feathers.

Meztli stopped clear in her tracks and stared at the little thing now in her path. The seer was no strangers to gods and it was strange one so young would be on their border and bare such a striking resemblance to her father. The lioness took a cautious step forward towards the little godling feeling uneasy forIt was hard to say if it was her seer powers orin her throat.

Faun looked back over at Meztli for some guidance on the godling to find she had a look in her eye. The kind of look that was a tell tale sign she was uneasy for some reason. Faun couldn't imagine why with such a little ball of fluff and feathers. Than he noticed a shape a little up another path. A shape that was vaguely lion with a hint of pink. Was this what Meztli was talking about in her feelings?

"May I ask why you're lurking on the border?" He called to the lion shape. Was this godling the target? He wasn't putting together Meztli's reaction was because of the godling and had nothing to do with the Cheeton.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:05 pm
Oh, now they were definitively in a bind.

Clearing her throat a little, the cheeton started to skulk closer to the lion cub, her head lowered in respect to the powerful voice that was demanding to know why she was in their borderlands. She had known they were close to a pride - the smells and sounds were different than the quiet rogue-lands, but she wouldn't be deterred - being part cheetah gave her speed, being the daughter of the Wind made her fast.

"I bring no harm," she started, a soft, low voice, as she nudged Mala softly, "I've come to collect my ward, he's been a little nosy around your pride. We're here temporarily while we rest our paws." She continued, nudging Mala again with her nose. She couldn't tell where the second lioness was, but she could smell her - she was so quiet that Leknaat's ears constantly swiveled, hoping to pick her up.

"I met someone like me, Leknaat, I told you." He picked up, puffing his chest out a bit, before turning to the two lions. "I'm Jamala'Ardhi - everyone calls me Mala - I carry the Virtue domain. This is Leknaat, she watches me." He unabashedly stated, before turning his attention from the lioness. She was . . . familiar, but it was super fuzzy, which happened, a lot.

"We'll be gone soon, I promise - a quick stop to eat, rest and figure out where we will go from here." Leknaat reassured again, before noticing that the small god was toddling away.

"What's your name?" Jamala broke the quiet moment, his head tilting up to the pale lioness, "You're very pretty."

Alpaca Chobi

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
  • Wandering Head-First 500

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:24 pm
Nerpin
((I am so sorry for the delay bby))

The gentle nature of the hybrid and the fact that she was with a godling did well in her favor for Faun to not give her a warning. The pride was closed off to those who were not full lion and, even if one was a lion, there were strong coloration rules in which one had to be in order to get to the heart of the pride. This cheeton broke every single one of those rules with her bright pink marking and the fact she was only half lion but her gentle demeanor and care for this godling told Faun that she was of good character and thus he trusted her instantly.

"You have nothing to -" Before Faun could give his blessing to both the godling and the cheeton he was interrupted by Meztli who was standing beside him with tears streaming down her cheek. The words 'father' stayed firmly in her throat and dared not travel to the tip of her tongue. There was no question that the resemblance was no accident as this godling carried her fathers name and his domain. While gods did possess a great deal of power and there were rumors they could change form; Meztli was certain her father would never be so cruel to appear as a cub before her unless something bad had happened. This was no longer her father standing beside her and she was at a very heavy cross roads to decide if she would speak with familiarity to Mala or if she would carry this burden her self and let it simmer in the pits of her heart.

"Meztli?" Faun couldn't fathom why his companion had tears in her eyes.

"Oh.. Uh.. It's nothing.. Allergies.." She was insistent about this point. The tears had happened with out her meaning them to have happened. "Please continue Faun. I didn't mean to interrupt you. It's nothing." She forced a smile and cleared her eyes but Faun was concerned and it was a little late to assure him. He'd revisit this with Meztli later as it was more important to address their guests on the border.

"You are welcome to rest your paws and fill your stomachs on our borders. I am afraid I can't offer you safe passage further in to our border though. We're very secretive with our inner warnings," He offered a genuine smile, "But if you're in need of anything please feel free to let us know by sending a seagull . Our pride was once ta band of travelers too and I know it can be rough."  
[IC] Deserted...

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games