[PRP] Warmth

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:22 pm
Uolie wasn't really settled yet. The pale lioness wasn't used to the aggression, oir hurly burly -- and getting the 'honor' of dealing with Audax's shenanigans was just a little too much. Pride pushing cubwork off, or Audax assigning chores, all of it was damned when the poor female just Couldn't and fled into a small alcove to hide in shade away from others, or so she hoped, huddling up to make a face.

She just... Wasn't adjusting well, and in dire need of time to simply Cope with her environs, and Uolie was all ears as shadows passed by her hiding place, the female shivering a bit in anxiety. She just wanted to feel better. That was all she asked.

Redbud-Tree

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:01 pm
Quildë wasn't one who would ever dream of poking his nose where it didn't belong - such a thing didn't come naturally to him, after all. But a desire to help, to serve and follow? That absolutely did. With it came a great deal of compassion, or perhaps that was just because of who his father was. But either way, the end result was that he couldn't bring himself to pass by the hiding place and the trembling lioness he could just make out.

"U-um," he said, creeping into the alcove on uncertain paws, ears pinned back against his skull, "Are - are you alright? C-can - can I help, somehow? Should I get someone? Or - or I can just go away..." Not that he really thought he should go away, not if whoever this was (he still couldn't quite make... her, he thought, out, she was just too well-tucked and he wasn't sure how nosy he could be), needed something.

"Maybe I can keep you company...?"

NovaCracker

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:08 pm
Redbud-Tree

Oh, that was one of the babies she got saddled with sometimes, and Uolie slowly slumped out, looking absolutely stressed, fur dishevelled and fluffing oddly.

"If you want to." She said gently, wincing. "I've been having my uncle Audax being too bossy to keep up with and everyone's snappy and I just."

Uolie then shook.

"Sorry6 if I'm oversteppiung grounds but I'm not adjustimng well."

She didn't really fit in with the other sador well and she certainly wasn't a demon.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:58 pm
Quildë hummed to himself, quietly padding over and lying down next to the lioness, snuggling up to her. She was family, this one, and she wasn't happy. That just couldn't be left like this. He headbutted her gently from where he sat, blue eyes watching her with a mixture of uncertainty and concern.

"Um. Um, W-would you like to talk to me about it? I'm a good listener... I think. If - you don't mind! It just... it seems like you could use someone being nice to you, and I try to be good at that, because the ones who need it the most don't get it enough..."

Oh, he hoped doing this was okay! She didn't seem bothered by him, at least, so that was probably good! Right? She'd tell him to leave if she wanted him to, he thought. And again, she was family, which meant it was probably okay.

"Is someone asking more than you can do? Or - or is it hard to listen to others? Um... I know that's hard for some, to learn how to listen and do what someone else tells you, and - and things like that..."

NovaCracker

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:30 am
It must be okay, if Quilde was getting comfortable, and the lioness huddled to cuddle her young uncle tightly, hiding in his shoulder for comfort as she trembled, listening for several long moments.

"I don't like how mean some of the demons are." Uolie said finally, quiet. "Daddy was never aggressive, and he's as vain as them and he always said I deserved to be on tyop of stuff like my siblings. But he wasn't mean like this and Uncle Audax doesn't tewll them off."

And she was afraid to tell him she was abnsolutely anxious. Uolie was no small lioness, nor weak, but her strength lie elsewhere -- in words and deed, not claw and fang, and she disliked fighting so. It was, simply put, detestable to her.... Mostly, due to her unwillingness to take another creature's life outside of hunting (and who didn't think gazelle or zebra was delicious.).

"I don't.... I don't like being yelled at."  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:08 am
"Are some being mean to you?" Quildë asked, ears pinning back as he nuzzled Uolie affectionately."That isn't right," he said, voice shaking but blue eyes right with determination. "You should be able to be happy serving, and be able to trust that those in charge of you will treat you fairly in turn." He thought that sounded right, at least. Papa took care of everyone he led, didn't he? So - so everyone who was a leader should, because how could you serve someone bad and be happy about it?

He nuzzled her again, shifting where he lay to tuck his head on his paws and sigh. "...I can talk to Papa, probably," the cub offered shyly. "If that's something you'd want me to do? It's - you shouldn't have to feel scared or unhappy, and if you are that means someone in charge isn't being a good leader, I think. Which means Papa should probably know, and you're family so he'd help."

Quildë paused, then, and shyly added, "If... if you're not happy living here, there's probably... probably someplace else you can go, if you ask Papa about it. You're family, and nobody wants to see you unhappy."

NovaCracker

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:51 am
Redbud-Tree

"I like being near family." Uolie nosed Quilde, remaining close to him as best as she could, and she sighed quietly.

"It's the not-family. There's lots of them." She shook a bit then and looked over.

"I'mnot used to being a servant either but Uncle Audy says that Ineed looked after because Ihate fighting." A thoughtful face. "Sometimes though I wonder if he knows that Mommy got Daddy into a pride with her and Papa Maisha by being kind. So not fighting can't be bad, right?"  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:01 pm
"If they're being mean, you should tell someone who can do something about it," Quildë encouraged, frowning. Her next words made him frown, however, and he sighed. "Would... would you be happier if you left? 'cause. Cause if you want t-to go join them, I'm sure Papa would let you." He wanted her happy, even if serving wasn't what made her happy. (It was something he didn't fully understand, but... he knew it happened.)

...But he thought he would miss Uolie, if she did. She was nice, and soft, and gentle.

"I know I don't want to fight," he said slowly, stretching a paw out to bat at a pebble. "I just want to help! If I can help, I'm happy, but if helping isn't making you happy, then - then I'm not sure what to do. Um..."

NovaCracker

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:56 pm
"I'm too big to stay at home." Uolie huffed, pawing the dirt slowly. "Father said so, mother said so, and brother said so, but I don't know anywhere else to go." Uolie looked to Quilde a bit sadly, sighing silently. The lioness didn't think her uncle would let her leave, but dared not tell Quilde. She saw how frightening he got when he was addressing one or too too-rough for his liking demons batting her, but Audax missed things when he was off hunting. Things like the fact she had toi do as told by lions and leopards she didn't like, and the female wondered if it was her being too soft, or what. So, instead, she sprawled some, and sighed.

"I don't have anywhere to go if Ileave. Ijust want to live my life. That's what Iwant, and my family happy." She frowned, kneading the ground mindlessly as she stared forward.

It was a fact-- she didn't know what to do having met her grandpa, but she knew she'd never meet her mother's kin. They would never accept a pale lioness with blue. She just wasn't 'right' for anyone, she supposed, and the female lay her head across her forelegs to ruminate on it.

"It's nobody's fault but mine, I suppose. I'm sorry for unloading on you, little one. It wasn't fair."  
[IC] Deserted...

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games