[PRP] Breather (Leini x Ladon)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:52 am
Leini'anga--for she had reclaimed the name she'd been born with--was quite busy these days. It felt like she'd scarcely had time to settle into the pride before the role of Midwife had been allotted to her, her task to not only aid pridal lionesses in giving birth but to act as an un-biased witness to their litter's class. No time to ease into it, with the swell of lionesses having litters...it was sink or swim. Fortunate for her that she was somewhat prepared on the practical side of things, having a healer's training.

Also fortunate that there were still some periods of rest, like now. It gave her time to walk and enjoy the night air.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:47 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.It was strange, Ladon had to admit, to finally be home. Over the time he had been lost in the rogue lands he thought that perhaps he was romanticizing the notion of returning to the Mwezi'Johari and the lands that had been his pride and joy. Though times had changed and his position here had fallen a little lower he could not say that he regretted his decision. He would have come home, regardless, once his father had died but he was overcome with relief that he could see that old male live out his final years in a place that he loved even if his love was no longer here.

As he paced through the early evening, it was hard for Ladon not to remember. He had been such an unruly cub for Alcmene - angry that he was not a higher class, angry that a younger, more capable sibling might one day rise to the glory he had wanted. Oh, how the Great Lion had punished such foolish hopes. He had taken her, broken his father, and doomed the pride to much worse than any younger sister or brother might have done. He had once carried guilt in his heart at the notion when he had been younger, when he had been lost in his thoughts and new to his voluntary exile at his father's side, but he knew it could not have simply been his own pride that had doomed them.

After all, the Great Lion only gave them what they could handle and from it all they had received Kimondo. She was, for all that he could tell, a lioness as worthy as his own mother.

It was those thoughts that carried him idly through the lands, that had his eyes above on the stars, and that distractedly him so completely that he found himself quite suddenly stumbling into something bright and blue and nearly glimmering.

"Oh!" he exclaimed, shifting off balance and nearly tumbling over in an attempt to back away from whoever he had nearly bowled over. "I'm sorry, please forgive me, Miss- ?"

His eyes focused and he realized he had absolutely no idea who this beautiful, vibrant female was. She was certainly not from the old pride. Instinctively, he pulled his handsome face into a pleasant smile and dipped his head with a shy apology.

Excited Apathy

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:25 pm
What on earth--

Leini startled and brought her own eyes down from the sky above, putting some distance between them with a swift side-step before turning to face the male. She gave a small cough as she quickly gathered her composure, the fur smoothing along the spine where it had ever-so-slightly begun to fluff up. "No harm done," she replied in a soft--if slightly cool--tone, smiling slightly. "I am Leini'anga, although you may call me Leini. What would your name be?"

She seated herself, her tail curling about her and a hint of curiosity in her eyes. His scaled markings seemed to be quite prominent in several of the families here, but she did not recall meeting any yet that were brown such as he.

She might have been staring, just a little.

Felyn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:15 am
"Leini," he repeated gently, committing it to memory as he tasted the lilting letters on his tongue. For a moment he seemed lost in contemplation as he put name to face and then laughed, awkwardly, and dipped his head again.

"I am Ladon, simple and short. It is a pleasure to meet you."

Where he looked like many of the lions in their pride with colors of a bloodline barely remembered, she, he realized, looked like nothing he had ever quite seen before. Their pride was not particularly known for such delicate, intricate markings and even in all his years of self-imposed exile at his father's side he was not sure he had seen anything quite so brilliant. If she was staring a little, he might as well have been slack-jawed by comparison.

"I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude," the humor was still clear in his voice as he forced his gaze back onto her eyes, "your pelt is just.. very interesting. I've never seen anything like those patterns."

Excited Apathy

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas