Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands
[PRP] Something Wicked (Do'al, Makri & Croatia)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:53 pm
Felyn
The night had passed rather.. pleasantly. Even Do'Al, a lion quite accustomed to getting exactly what he wanted out of life, had to admit that he was enjoying the pleasure of Croa's company. Even when Makri had not arrived in the morning as he had anticipated it had been hard for him to grow concerned or annoyed with the lack of her presence. He rarely worried that she could take care of herself but he did often grow concerned that she was somewhere doing something foolish.

The early afternoon found him lazing quietly outside of the small cave they had found - their morning had been as pleasant as the night and she had not seemed at all concerned with moving on just yet. He had bid her explore the forest around them for more of those herbs she had been studying when he happened upon her - he would be here, waiting for both she and Makri.

It was a while still before he heard the distant sound of footfalls and he straightened up, ears swivelling forward. He would have known it was her simply by the pattern of her walk after so many long years together.

"Do'al?" The voice sounded less annoyed than usual and, honestly, almost hesitant. He could tell even before he saw her break through the overgrown foliage and into view. Her face seemed odd, as if her thoughts were heavier than normal, although not.. entirely upset. Something else.

"Aye, here, Makri."

Ctrl F Greenie
The cave had been a perfect place to spend the evening and she was more than happy to enjoy his company well into the morning. It seemed the affections went both ways. When all was said and done she left the den, and Do`al, to seek out some more of those herbs. It was silently agreed upon that she would return, why wouldn't she? Collecting some more herbs up into the small pouch she had would have to satisfy her for the time being. "That's enough for now." She muttered to herself before turning her back on the patch to return to the den. She returned with enough time to hear the comments and moved in on the conversation with a sway of her hips and a grin.

"I'm that stranger." She admitted casually as she came up behind the lioness. "I presume you're his sister, or else this might be awkward." She chuckled softly at her own little joke. Rolling her shoulders and stretching her muscles she opted to seat herself and wrap her tail about her paws.

"Makri? I'm Croatoia."

Felyn
There was no mistaking the way Makri's back ridge went stiff at being approached from behind, nor the way the tips of her claws unsheathed to press tiny pinpricks into the earth below her feet. Do'al let his eyes rake from the stiff ears down to those scars in the earth but said nothing, only let the wicked grin fade to a more ominous, calm mask. Without words, Makri noted it and forced herself to relax as far as she was able. As Croatoia sat, so did she, falling into line with her brother's unspoken rank check. Such was their life.

"A pleasure, I'm sure," she retorted without an ounce of gusto. Whatever charm Do'al had inherited seemed to have failed Makri - or she just didn't care to play at it. Possibly both.

"It must have been quite a long ways you have travelled, sister dear," the red lion interjected, pouring his overly pleasant nature back into the conversation in an effort to crowd out Makri's temperament, "it has taken you quite the long while to make your way back. Did you find something more interesting than expected?"

Distracted from the jarring surprise of finding a new friend sharing a temporary den with her brother, Makri managed at last to bring a smirk to her maw. It wasn't kind or charming, but it did show a dark amusement in the even darker lioness.

"I did, actually. There's a pride not so far from here that seems to think I'd fit in just swell."

Every bit of Do'al's good nature vanished and this time it only made his sister smile brighter. Their's was a game of daggers and the red rogue's gaze was shooting a dozen right at her heart.

"Is that so?"

Ctrl F Greenie
The power that her brother had over her was not missed by the yellow lioness. She noted the way his face fell at her behavior and the way she retracted all of her original actions. Small actions, so small, and yet they spoke volumes to Croatoai that made her want to sing. She'd made a fine choice in males, considering the options out there in the roguelands, trust him or not he wasn't a mistake.

Croa was about to speak when she was interrupted by Do`al. A glimpse of him told her that he was keen on knowing what Makri had found. This drew out some curiosity that burned in the back of her mind. So her ears pricked forward with interest as he spoke.

"What did you learn about the pride?" She wasn't part of the little family feud that appeared to be going on. Earlier she had seen the way they reacted to one another and the reactions weren't lost this time either. But she had a fair idea of what pride the lioness might have been talking about and her tongue wouldn't be controlled.

Felyn
Although it was clear that Makri bent to Do'al's whims, there was no denying the small hint of amusement she had taken from toying with him over the pride. As much as he was the patriarch of their family in the absence of their father, she was every bit his annoying, pestering little sister. Some things never changed ands he wore her smugness with pride, even as she finally pulled her gaze away from the blood-red lion and settled it, instead, upon his new golden friend.

"Are you from around here?" The avoidance was obvious as she answered the question with another question. Makri was suspicious and less tactful than her brother, it seemed, and his pleasant curiosity burned in the dark pelted female with a bluntness that lacked his fine tact. Yet she had not missed the raise of her brother's eyebrows as she so pointedly avoided Croatoia's question and, if she had not wanted to show him her annoyance, she would have sighed at his growing favoritism. He always was a sucker for a pretty, wicked soul. "They are a pride that believe demons exist within certain lions and that these lions take power from the demons, among other things. At least as it was explained to me."

"Interesting," Do'al chimed, flicking his tail as his thoughts tumbled one over the other. It sounded silly to him but he had never been a lion of great faith in anything, at least apart from his own pursuit of happiness - and chaos. After a moment of silent consideration, he slid his bright eyes sidelong to his new companion. "Have you heard of them, Croa?"

Ctrl F Greenie
Moving this here.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:08 am
When the gaze of his sister fell on Croa she didn't squirm, instead her eyes narrowed and she let the question hit her wall of silence. She didn't owe the lioness a response and with that silence came a reward. Makri came around to answering the question, which almost surprised the golden lioness.

Slowly Croatoia inhaled, then exhaled. "Yes, I've heard of them." Her tone was unimpressed, edging on furious. The pride was home to none other than her own flesh and blood, her father. Her blood boiled as she was reminded of him and flashbacks to her childhood flared up. Croa narrowed her eyes further in her silent rage. "The pride plays host to a despicable group of lions." Though she was mostly talking about one in particular she was sure there would be more. "They do believe in these demons, but I believe it's more of an excuse to hide the lot of crazies. They spend plenty of time chattering away to themselves." She couldn't hold back the eye roll that was coming following such a bizarre declaration and she didn't bother trying.

"I wouldn't suggest lowering yourself to that, even if I'm not sure I like you yet, I'd still not suggest it." The golden lioness smirked briefly following her final words before dipping into a silence for the pair of siblings to absorb her slight ramblings.

Felyn

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out