Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:24 am
Name: Nov
Sex: Female
Sexual Orientation: Demisexual polyamorous.
Craft: Art, dominantly. Minorly, cooking.
Physical Description: Nov keeps her hair shorter, almost in a fauxhawk, and rarely offers much in the way of a clean look. Her complexion is pale to prone to freckling, and she has green eyes. Built more like a tank, this goob comes across as unintentionally terrifying, complete with Resting b***h Face Syndrome.
Personality: Nov has been compared to a ferret, or the pernese equal. She goes and goes until she drops tired with no remorse. When she's happy and she knows it, everyone else knows it. She's far from quiet when happy, and delights on oddly simple things like picking fruit or weaving, or even painting, and has a deepo adoration for the dragons high above (The world trembled when she was Searched). She's friendly, social, upbeat, and will not let anyone down. But, opnce she tanks, she TANKS. Nov will withdraw entirely, often hiding with crafts, and refuse to emerge bar to eat, or she might simply sulk if dragged out -- as Nov struggles to perk up. She's surprisingly self critical, bordering on cruel to herself, often leading to down moods, but also highly sensitive to others' moods.

On her opwn she has very logical thought patterns -- while it may not follow the logic most people assume, she's relatively decent seeing cause-effect, or if not x, then y, and similar. Her maths are horrid, but her other schools of logic are quite solid, in fact the girl can sit and dscern patterns long befre some others, making her good at reading people -- though sometimes she ghets false positives for danger. To this end, being a big, scary woman doesn't FULLY upset her. She tries to be less so as needed but her skill in intimidation is a tool she practices for danger -- she will not harm those she reaches out to nor those whom she comes to love and it's plain to anyone who gets to know her that she's generally a floofball. At the same time, social cues and affection often seem stilted.She does her best, and most people don't grasp she finds being overly touchy-feely to be nearly alien. She tries, but she gets anxious in crowds, or if touched too long and has to move away unless she knows and deeply trusts. Still, a mostly good egg, if sometimes a brat, but everybody loves a spot of fun, right? RIGHT???
Positive Trait List Supportive, Kind, Empathic, Compassionate
Negative Trait List Extreme moods, Socially awkward, Anxious, Intimidating (Often, unintentionally)
History: Nov was always Weyrfolk. A weyrfolk mother, a rider father, her life as a child was almost average -- however her birth was result of a goldflight and her father didn't win. So, her mother pinned her sire down to force him to help raise her. As suvch, she had good education, was fed as expecdted, and cared for, but there was no nurturing, no loving understanding -- she was expected to be a tiny adult, or be silent, for in truth, her mother didn't truly want a girl. Still, she wasn't a bad child -- she enjoyed spending time with her father and his dragon, a blue with no small energy, and enjkoyed lessons, even if she learned far too quickly. She developed a fondness for weaving and for cooking as tactiler endeavors -- touch was a Thing she was deprived of at times when afraid, and she turned this to using touch to feel the world as well as all other senses. To this end, she was a fine weaver, a fine cook, and a good child ready for society. Then she was truamatized.

Thread came unexpectedly into life. While she was inside preparing a meal to experiment, her father was outside training when Thread struck, unexpectedly and swiftly. As a Bluerider, he was quick to respond... And the man never came home. Shortly after, her mother, unaware and seeking her father to 'parent more' in blind ignorance, was outside, and one of the casualties to Thread. Alone, and a bit afraid, Nov was left alone. As the weyrs began to seek Candidates again, however, she found hope in new companionship -- she was searched by a greenrider whom had known her father well, and brought into the Candidates summarily, where she's taken to her studies eagerly, and often enjoys using free times to help prepare meals for others, as her sense of smell and taste are keen and allow her to identify delicious season mixes, and she tries making her own clothing. Aside her candidate's clothes, however, she often uses black dyes along with cheaply made cool colors. She says it's edgey.
Other: Nov's parents never married. While she rarely heard her Dad's dragon speak, he did introduce them and the dragon helped teach her How To Noit Be Stupid Around Dragons. Shje doesn't profess expertese though.

Candidate Specific Questions
Do you want them to have an official Search RP? No
Do you understand they will age every passing year regardless if you're there to RP the or not? Yes
Do you want them to have a possible Stands Impression? No
- - - > Please keep in mind that Stands Impressions are very rare. This means that not everybody will get an opportunity to have a surprise Impression, and you lower your chances of being picked by a dragonet. Given the character is not ICly an official Candidate, they will need a reason to be at the Weyr of their choice long-term, or at least for every Hatching.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:28 pm

Okay, this is actually the second time this has come up, but...

Please don't qualify your characters' flaws. It lessens their impact, and essentially downgrades the flaw to an attribute. Intimidating on its own might serve as a flaw, but intimidating (often, unintentionally) is less so.

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:37 pm
Mr Cheri

Okay, this is actually the second time this has come up, but...

Please don't qualify your characters' flaws. It lessens their impact, and essentially downgrades the flaw to an attribute. Intimidating on its own might serve as a flaw, but intimidating (often, unintentionally) is less so.

I do follow, but, and I ask because I'm literally wondering if I need to look into a thesaurus, if you have suggestions for being more clear in those cases? For example continuing the Unintentionally Intimidating point, if only because I know in RPO areas flaws and what counts varies place to place. Wondering if you have any suggestions before I get my poking stick out for my form love.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:44 pm

It actually does sound like she does intend to be intimidating from time to time. However, as she doesn't seem to do it to people who "don't deserve it," to me it just seems like a tool that she uses?

I would probably, personally, have gone with: Moody, awkward, anxious, self-critical, for example.

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Character Approvals

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas