Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands
C: Eschrich (AstoriaFallen) vs Onacona Kanesda (KasaiLoki)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
AstoriaFallen rolled 1 6-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-6)

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:04 pm
He had joined during last years festival so this was all new to him still, despite all that he believed he should at least give it a shot. Squaring up against Onacona he looked the pale male over, he was young still and it made Eschy feel a little at odds.

Giving a smile to the male he gave a small bow of his head, they waited to see who would be going first and he prepared himself mentally for either the first blow to land upon himself or for him to get the go ahead to go first.  
KasaiLoki rolled 1 6-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-6)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:06 pm
Onacona did not know what he was getting into! He had just told his sister that he wanted to participate in this year's sky tournament, and here he was! He was actually surprised Ta'la'la went along with it. He was young, but by the looks of it, several other youngsters of the other clans were participating. How cool would it have been if he would actually beat out the seasoned members of the pride?

Ona gulped, taking a step into the ring. His older siblings stood on the sidelines, watching. He sent a small glance towards them, before they returned the reassuring smile. No matter what happened, there was always the next year.

The young Kanesda watched as his opponent approached. Well, this would be interesting!  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

AstoriaFallen generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:07 pm
It was his turn to go first and he moved forward quickly and reached out with a paw and felt it connect upon the pale fur of the adolescent. This was just a friendly spar type deal, so no claws or no teeth and he was quite alright with that. He wasn't much of a fighter in that sense but he found this to be more up his ally, plus it kept him on his toes. Which wasn't a bad deal overall.  
KasaiLoki generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:55 am
The male was quick, which through Ona off. He expected introductions, what to expect, all that jazz before the fight began.

He was wrong.

No sooner was he about to introduce himself, when the other was right at him, his paw striking at him. The male was much larger, and it didn't take much to throw the adolescent off balance. He didn't fall to the ground, but he stumbled a bit. His eyes narrowed as he aimed for the male's shoulder. He followed his actions, no using teeth or claws. This wasn't a battle to the death.

In the background, he hear his brother, U'no'le, tell him to focus. U'no had participated in last year's competition and couldn't get past the first round. Ona found himself in the same predicament.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

AstoriaFallen generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 3!

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:32 pm
The younger male was quick and able to land a decent blow in return and the silver male took a step back to reassess and shake off the hit the other had landed on him.

This wasn't bad overall, it was just some mild hitting against one another. Giving a small shake of his head he did a small circle and moved in and reached out with a paw and felt it connect and he let out a sigh of relief. He sorta wanted to win, to show his mate that he could do this, even if it was just for bragging rights in the end.  
KasaiLoki generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 1!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:56 am
While he was surprised he managed to get a hit on the lion, the next time he attempted a swipe he wasn't so lucky. Ona found himself riled up, not even taking U'no's suggestion of focusing just aiming randomly for the male. It was no surprise he managed to miss his target, leaving him open for another blow from the former rogue.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

AstoriaFallen generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:10 am
The other had taken a counter swing and come up short and with that it had left him open and a firm paw to the other's side was hit three for the silver male. That meant he had succeeded with making it through round one and a smile and breath of relief escaped from his maw.

Hanging his head for a moment he allowed himself a moment to compose all his thoughts and bearings and he turned to look at the other. They hadn't been introduced before the match started and he felt a little bad about that.

"Sorry for starting it out so quickly without and introduction, nerves got the best of me there. I'm Eschrich, what may I call you by?" He knew that by the fact he hadn't introduced himself with a last name that it was clear he had joined the pride either recently or in the past. At least any children he had would have a surname to go by.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:25 am
AstoriaFallen

At the final hit, Onacona found himself gasping slightly, leaving his paws up. "I yield!" He found himself saying a loud, allowing the other male to compose himself as he backed up. His eyes flickered towards his siblings, who both held smiles on their face. So he joined the ranks of his siblings not making it past round one. That was okay, while he knew Ta'la and U'no wouldn't be trying again, didn't mean Ona wouldn't in the future.

He turned towards the male, giving him a small smile. "Onacona Kanesda," he introduced, "of the Bird Clan." Though the male probably knew his clan from the round's sign up, he figured he would say it again anyways.

"Congratulations," he offered. "I have to get more tips from my brother if I am to do better in the future, hmm." He grinned.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:34 pm
KasaiLoki

He was glad the other didn't appear to be a sore-loser about the whole thing, it was likely there were a few that had a rough go of it, especially if it was something their family had participated in before them and what not. He, however, was new and had no such legacy to live up to. Perhaps he could start his own soon, depending on how things went here anyway. If anything perhaps he could encourage any future children to participate. It might be a fun thing to do.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Onacona Kanesda of the Bird Clan." Was he supposed to have said what clan he was from?

"Has your brother participated in this before?" Perhaps the male had an older sibling that hard joined in the event the year before or year before that, depending on sibling age and all that. One could never really know when it came to families.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:28 pm
AstoriaFallen

Onacona found himself giving the adult a lopsided smile.

"The Kanesda clan has been trying this tournament for a few gos now, so I hear. My sister was the first to try a few years back. My brother, U'no'le, tried last year. Neither got past the first round." A small chuckle left his maw. "I guess I just join that statistic. But, that's okay. One year this Kanesda curse will be broken." The smaller male said.

"None of my litter has tried though. Maybe I can rally them to go. Give everyone a good shot." A small sigh left his maw, as his gaze shifted elsewhere. "I probably should go tell them," he looked at his two elder siblings that had pretty much become his parents when his own had passed. "Good luck in the competition!"  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:19 pm
KasaiLoki

He was sure the expression on his face was a curious one as he listened to the male speak. "It's impressive that your family takes such an interest in it though! There is something to be said about that I think." It was nice to hear of a family joining in like that, it showed a lot, at least to him it did.

"Perhaps next year will be the year!" Giving him hope for the future perhaps. "I appreciate your words, perhaps I'll see you around." Giving a wave of his paw he turned to head off to get ready for the next round.  
[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games