[PRP] The Buzz

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:53 am
The pride was buzzing with life, every clan now together as one big happy family. Groups of lions could be seen chatting happily amongst each other, sharing goods and even sparring for fun. It was during this festival that Tafuki had found her new home. Wandering through the droves of lions, Tafuki stopped to watch a newly wed couple interact with their family. It brought a smile to her face, watching how happy they both were and how excited their extended family was to see them together.

Offering her congratulations she continued onward, towards the center of the festivities. Vendors or many wares had been made available- art, jewelry and wearable pelts among other items could be found. The white lioness had taken a liking to one of the delicate wood carvings for trade. Smiling at the vendor, she declined the trade but continued to watch others swap for this that and the next thing.

Being so close to so many other made Tafuki realize something as she stood quietly. She truly had no one to explore with. It had been a few years since her joining and yet she still hadn't made any close friends. Furrowing her brows, she made a decision. This year she would make friends, come out of her shell and maybe even meet her future husband.

Locking eyes on the carving one last time, Tafuki nodded her goodbye to the artist and moved on. Bright white fur glittering in the sunlight as she continued to make her rounds.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:54 am
He was young and this was his first festival. His mother and father had joined in matrimony at this very festival last year and he and his siblings had been born not long after. He had grown up in the shadow of his slightly older brother. The chosen one in his family and while as a cub he had been jealous and angry that he wasn’t chosen, age and seeing how little his sibling saw of their family unit, made him supportive of his brother.

His parents had told him to go out and explore and that was exactly what he was doing. He had never seen so many lions before. The place was buzzing, he’d sat and listened to tales of other tribes, of history and personal stories. It was wonderful, his head was buzzing with ideas with hopes, dreams and his own story that was slowly being written upon his pelt.

He was away in his own little day dream when the flash of white fur sprinkled with powder blue caught his attention. He’s been wandering along in his own little world and had somehow plodded in to the market. The hustle and bustle made him smile but that pale coat had caught his attention. Everyone in his family was bright, their family name meant colour so spying someone so stark in comparison to his own family made him turn and make a beeline for the unfamiliar face. He picked up his paws and let a smile lift his young lips his half mane falling in to his eyes, he hoped he didn’t seem too keen, most of the pride was naturally coloured earthy tones were an every day occurrence anyone with a more unnatural colour would spark his attention.

In his haste to make a beeline for the white sparkle he forgot to watch his paws and a misplaced rock found a soft toe causing him to stumble and land in a purple and pink pile of fur right at the females paws “ouch”  

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:51 am
Tafuki jumped away as the young lion stumbled in front of her, landing in a messy pile at her feet. Raising a brow, she knelt down and studied him, “Are you alright?” Seafoam eyes glittered with curiosity and empathy. She certainly hoped that soon the lion in front of her would get up or at the very least maybe tell her what she could do to help him.

Shifting from one paw to the other, Tafuki leaned in further so only the stranger could hear her. “We should probably get moving, there is a group starting to form.” And indeed there was one, all of which were staring at the two lions, not quite sure what was going on, but happy to gawk at them. “Come on…” She nudged him with her head and offered a friendly smile. “I can check you out somewhere quieter.”

Shooting a concerned, yet anxious look at the lion in front of her, Tafuki moved backward. “Let’s go this way.”  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:34 am
Zingling

User Image
Having made a complete fool of himself the young male stayed still for a moment, such a little stumble, yet he could hear the hubbub he had caused around himself and the white female. He voice broke through the chaos though and he opened pale blue eyes to smile at the white female.

“I’m fine.” He mumbled, a purely embarrssed look crossing his young maw as he got to his paws and shook the dust from his fur.

He nodded gently at her invitation and followed her quietly like a lamb after its mother. He’d made a right pigs ear out of introducing himself to the female. “I, uh, thanks...” He managed his ears flattening in to his half mane. “I’m really okay if you want to go back to the market.. I Uh.. I didn’t mean to interrupt you..” He felt so foolish but he also felt sort of happy, he was going to get to speak to the pale female anyway which had been the mission at the time until he’d made a complete fool of himself. His mother always told him he should watch where he was putting his paws.

Syrius Lionwing

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:03 pm
Syrius Lionwing

Tafuki studied the younger lion and shook her head at his suggestion to go back to the market. She didn’t have the gear to trade for things and she most certainly didn’t want to be around the gossip that was sure to be buzzing about them. “I was about done anyway.” Studying the purple and pink lion, Tafuki concluded that he had no injuries.

“What happened back there, did you lose balance or something?” She contemplated her next course of action, he wasn’t injured and she had no idea who he was, but she had made it a point to make new friends. “Oh!” White ears shot up excitedly, “I am Tafuki of the bird clan- I tend to keep to myself so this is a bit awkward for me.” Better to be honest with him than pretend to be someone she wasn’t, and she most certainly was an outgoing lioness.

“…Um…” The white lioness was at a loss of words, should she continue the conversation, sit quietly and wait for a reply, run off and hide from the world for the day? Taking a deep breath in, seafoam eyes darted about, following the buzz of the festival. Was it odd for her to be talking to an adolescent like this?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:32 pm
Zingling

The adolescent male grinned goofily. “I’m sorry for interrupting your time there though. I’m sure embarrassed you..” He trailed off for a moment and felt a flush raising on his cheeks. “I..It’s kinda embarrassing, you see my family, we are all pretty brightly coloured...” He cleared his throat and shuffled his paws “I.. I haven’t really ever seen anyone outside of my family that stood out so much in a crowed.” He bit his lip and flickered his tail. “Most everyone I know is kinda, natural coloured.” He looked at his paws again watching as his feet carved slightly large divots where he sat.

“I kind of got distracted and didn’t watch where I was putting my feet.” He raises his eyes and grins sheepishly. “My mother says I should be more careful where I put my paws.”

Her introduction made him realise that he hadn’t told her his name either “Tsulvsada Dikanodi. Everyone just calls me Tsul though, my mother likes to pick out names that no one can really pronounce... Oh my surname means colour though.. which I guess is about right..” He cleared his throat, he’d managed to ramble all of this without taking much of a breath. Taking one at this point seemed like a good idea so he took a breath in and let out a quick huff.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you Tafuki. I uh.. You don’t seem to have any tattoos are you an ex rogue? My mother and father were born in the rogue lands. I’v never seen out there..” Again he paused, perhaps he was saying too much at once.

Syrius Lionwing

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:14 pm
Tafuki shook her head, “No, it is fine- Like I said I was just about done there anyway.” She offered him a soft smile and allowed her to continue. As he spoke a small smile formed and before she knew it, she was laughing. So her fur had distracted him in the crowd? Contemplating what he had said, she realized there were few white pelted lions in the Ela and even less colorful ones. Perhaps that was the reason everyone looked in the first place?

“I can see what you are saying- There is definitely less of us then there are of them.” Looking down at his big paws, she smirked he was still growing into them and still had that child-like curiosity most shed upon adulthood. It was honestly nice, most looked at her as an oddity without tattoos and with so much white upon her pelt.

“So I hear.” Laughing at his over explanation of things, Tafuki felt a lightheartedness. It had been a long time since she just had a conversation without worry of judgement. His mention of her lack of tattoos however made her stiffen up, “Y-yeah… I have been meaning to get them but haven’t found the courage to ask.” Looking at her paws, Tafuki shifted awkwardly on her feet, the thought of her politely taking her leave presently in mind.

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:10 am
Zingling

Tsulvsada smiled brightly, he was glad she wasn’t upset by his rambling. Though it seemed he had said something that upset the female and this made his ears vanish in to his adolescent mane.

“My mum and dad don’t have any tattoos. They were both born in the roguelands. My aunty and her mate are the same.” He paused for a moment looking deeply thoughtful his mind raced as he tried to recover the situation.

“My brothers and sister are the first in our family to have tattoos. We were born here though you see, mum says that those without tattoos are just starting their journey and need to decide what story they want to tell.” Again a short pause as he looked at his own paws I have these really big gaps I need to fill yet see.” He held out his completely blank leg and grinned. “Everyone’s story goes on you don’t have to have absolutely everything tattooed.”

Syrius Lionwing

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff