Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
The Old Chance Cottage

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Trickblues

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:40 pm
❈ C H A N C E X C O T T A G E ❈

User Image

【Located at the Outskirts of Godric's Hollow, England】

Floo Address :: J.P.C. Apothecary

XXXXXXOccupantsXXXXXX
Delia Alya Chance
Orion Harrison Lane
Jonah Castor Lane
Rhea Allison Lane

【Interior】

XXXXXXFirst FloorXXXXXX

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

(From Left to Right): Mud Room, Living Room, Kitchen, Dining Room, Delia's Room, Bathroom

XXXXXXSecond FloorXXXXXX

User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

(From Left to Right): Orion's Room, Jonah's Room, Rhea's Room, Guest Bedroom, Bathroom

【Back Yard】

XXXXXXPotions WorkshopXXXXXX

User ImageUser Image
X
X
X
X

▧ C O N T A C T X X X

Muggle Phone Lines
Owl Messaging
Floo Network
Apparition

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:41 pm
▧ R E S I D E N T S X X X

User Image
X
X

XXDelia "Della" ChanceXXXXX
XXXXXStatus:: At Home
XXXXXXXX ▪ Former Gryffindor
XXXXXXXX ▪ Astronomer
XXXXXXXX ▪ Daughter of Jonah P. Chance and Vera Chance. Ex-Wife of Marco Lane. Mother of Orion, Jonah, and Rhea.

X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X

User Image
X
X

XXOrion "Rion" LaneXXXXX
XXXXXXXX ▪ Squib
XXXXXXXX ▪ Public School Student
XXXXXXXX ▪ Son of Dr. Marco Lane and Delia Lane. Brother of Jonah and Rhea.

X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X

User Image
X
X

XXJonah LaneXXXXX
XXXXXXXX ▪ Third Year Ravenclaw
XXXXXXXX ▪ Son of Dr. Marco Lane and Delia Lane. Brother of Orion and Rhea.

X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X

User Image
X
X

XXRhea LaneXXXXX
XXXXXXXX ▪ Grade School Student
XXXXXXXX ▪ Daughter of Dr. Marco Lane and Delia Lane. Sister of Orion and Jonah.

X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X

( Family Profiles Here )

Trickblues

Trickblues

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:42 pm
H I S T O R Y

The Apothecary has been in possession of the Chance family for three generations. Originally built by Avery and Rosalind Chance in 1982, the home was inherited by their only son, Jonah Pollux, after their deaths in 2001 when he was 16. The potions workshop located in the back garden was built by Jonah Chance in 2003, where he would run his own potions shop for much of his adult life.

Jonah married his wife, an auror named Vera, in the spring of 2009. The following year she gave birth to their only daughter, Delia Chance. Though a small family, their home was always lively and full of love up until Vera's death in the line of duty on 23 September 2026.

A few short years after the death of her mother, seventh year Delia Chance returned home from school briefly to give birth to her first son, Orion Lane. Orion was born in Delia's bedroom, which is now his own room. Jonah Pollux had raised Orion on his own for a short while until Delia finished school, after which she and her son had moved to Rye to be with the baby's father, leaving Jonah on his own. He heard from his daughter occasionally, and would sometimes see his grandson, but his primary company was that of the Kieran children down the street whom he would look after.

Jonah Pollux Chance died of illness on 18 December 2030, leaving the cottage to Delia in his will. Delia and Marco had agreed to sell the home, but Delia could never bring herself to do so, causing extra strain in their already struggling marriage. After their divorce in 2044, Delia moved back in, taking primary custody of her children.

P E T S

Circe the Tawny Owl
(Shared by Orion, Jonah, and Rhea. Jonah maintains primary custody per Circe's own preference.)

Pandora the Peregrine Falcon
(Owned by Delia Lane)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:44 pm
👾 MARTIN KIERANxxx ||xxx AIDENE KIERAN

36 years | squib | video game coachxx||xxfuture Hogwarts student | pureblood | 10 years

setting The Chance Cottage? || with Rhea, Brook, Della

”Mr Chance's granddaughter?” Martin had been a little surprised when his daughter came home talking about how she was going to a sleepover that night. Did Della ever sell the cottage? I don’t remember her having a daughter Aidene’s age? Then again I don’t think I’ve seen her since.... he brushed the thought aside. Things had been going well. And he was home. It would be nice to reconnect with friends from before the last ten years of his mess of a marriage. Zuzu seemed to think that she couldn't talk magic in front of them, which was odd. One of the best reasons he'd thought for moving back was so they could be around other magical folk again. Did she simply not know? The Knapps were definitely magical--and if Zu would quiet for a moment he would have told her that.

He was distracted from his thoughts when his daughter spoke up. ”Are those the games?” He showed her the bag of board games for around three players she’d requested he select. ”Only these?”

”Yeah, I doubt you’d get through all of these as is,” he replied. ”Besides, you’ll probably be talking most of the time.”

Aidene bounced back and forth nervously as they continued to walk to the Chance Cottage--or whatever it was now. She spoke up again when he failed to say anything. ”Is that what we do at sleepovers? Play games and talk until we fall asleep?”

”Something like that. Elysia would stay up until dawn discussing theoretical wandlore or the most efficient potion recipe.” He shrugged.

”Aunt Elly went to sleepovers?”

”Sure. Also, you slept over at the game house once you know. You’ve been to a sleepover before.”

”But that doesn’t count,” Aidene protested as they walked up to a house guarded by a fence. Aidene could make out Brook’s house on the other side of the hedges and nodded.”Because they were your friends. And I don’t remember.”

”You were young,” he conceded. ”You have everything?”

”Blanket, pillow, toothbrush, toothpaste, extra blanket to sleep on, and I have to finish my homework if we stay over the weekend.” Aidene rattled off.

”Did you even bring your homework?” he caught before knocking. Aidene made a surprised face that quickly turned guilty and fidgeted with the three dolls she’d also brought. She was relieved when her dad replied with a chuckle and ruffled her hair before knocking. ”Alright Zuzu, you can do it when you get home.”

When the door opened, Aidene tried to make a polite greeting but their parents were clearly in the middle of some reunion. Regardless, Aidene herself was soon dragged in by a friend. She snagged a glimpse at what looked like a cozy dining space, wishing she could take ten and thoroughly investigate the interior of the place Mr. Chance had done cool potions stuff. As it was, she could only think Huh. It’s so normal. before following her friends upstairs to an adorable bedroom.

“Greetings, o patient cookie conjurer and ice knight! I have returned from the Order, bringing the requested supplies,” she greeted, leaving the bag of games just inside the door to Rhea’s room. ”And I see you have found food!”

At their welcome she helped herself to a slice of pizza. Cold or not, Aidene only suddenly realized how hungry she’d been after not eating since the little mana-restorative cookie that afternoon. She stepped over to an empty corner by the bed to sit down. ”So what-- and was about to ask what progress the demons had made on their adventure or what other things they were talking about when her foot hit something under the bed. She stumbled into her selected sitting place and poked the binder that now peeked out from under the bed. ”--what’s this?”

She asked before she really thought it through and immediately backtracked. ”Sorry! Not sneaking!”.

Martin status Did Marco and Della move back here? Is it someone else?
Adiene's status Please not potions theory--actually yes potions theory because then that would mean you’re witches too

addaellis

Private Homes

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff