Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Giese-Dunbar Cottage Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:28 pm
Been traveling in packs that I can't carry anymore
Been waiting for somebody else to carry me
There's nothing else there for me at my door
All the people I know aren't who they used to be

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image

Sαłeм'š Ałυм ▨ Mυggłeвøяи ▨ Tħeαтeя Aššıšтαит

☯⚝ϟAll three women started at hearing Milo boast that he has twenty-four cousins, each with their own families and children along with them. Holy hell, Puck was really really hoping she didn't have to meet every one of them or even just half of them. It wasn't fair! All he had to meet was her moms, Chanda, and maybe her grandparents down the line; she didn't have a closet full of cousins hidden somewhere like he apparently did.

Wyatt could apparently sense her rising dread and quickly cut in. "But we're not expecting you to meet all of them at once, or even at all even if that's what you're comfortable with. We've been married just over fifteen years and I can honestly say I've maybe only met eighty percent of the Wakefield family." he said with a disarming smile and chuckle. It kind of made Puck feel better but not really considering fifteen years and he's only gotten to eighty percent what in the heckening-! Thankfully conversation moved on from the family talk and onto important measures: cats. Both Nora and Hera just shook their head bemused that of course their daughter found someone just as infatuated with the animals as she was. "I'd keep an eye on them if I were you. One day she might just walk out with one and 'forget' to tell you." Hera supplied taking a bite out of a roll. Puck merely rolled her eyes. "I wouldn't! They're much too attached to Dris anyhow." she replied with a quick wink to him. He (hopefully) knew she'd never actually attempt to steal his cats without his permission. Or at all, ever.

Puck sent an ecstatic prayer of thanks to the god or goddess who'd been paying attention that they moved quickly on from the awkward sex talk to whatever the world her ma was doing to her poor students. She just barely managed to keep her snort in as Milo attempted to use outdated American slang. From the way his husband just looked at him-a mix of resignation and amusement-she could tell this was an on-going problem. At least it was better than puns. As she finished off the last of the food on her plate, Puck listened as Dris explained his job situation allot friggen better than he did their not-sexcapades and totally didn't blush as he mentioned being glad he worked at the apothecary since it was how they met. Out the corner of her eyes she spotted something reddish and noticed it spreading across Dris. For a split second she nearly jumped out her seat thinking it was blood but thankfully kept her composure long enough for Milo to call his son out for his paint. Both older women were confused before Nora, being the closest, noticed the paint stains trailing from Dris's hands to his pants and ultimately their dining wood table. They, and Wyatt, we all confused on how he managed to do so when they hadn't noticed him holding anything resembling paint prior to dinner though his father's concern seemed more of exasperation matching his husband's. Puck however was on another train of thought.

"Oh! That's my color!" she exclaimed happily grabbing his painted hand to look at it closely. Something kept sparkling a bit as the light reflected the purplish undertones of the paint and she furrowed her brow a bit trying to figure out what it was until she was hit with a memory and suddenly gigglesnorted. "Ohmygod, when did you add glitter you sentimental dork?" she asked with her tone far softer than her words belied. Then she finally remembered that they weren't alone and that both sets of parents were looking at them with unreadable expressions on their faces as she blushed lightly but still kept a tight hold of her boyfriend's stained hand. "Sorry, I should've warned you he molts sometimes." Puck directed at her parents since she was sure Dris' knew this already.

"That's quite alright. Besides it's just paint, some soap or maybe a scourgify and it'll all be right as rain." Nora offered being the first to recover though not without sending the two youngsters a soft smile. Maybe she actually had nothing to worry about at all.

Miss GryffindorK

And if I try to change my life one more day
There would be nobody else to save
And I can't change into a person I don't wanna be, so
Oh, it's Saturday night, yeah

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:12 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Giese-Dunbar Cottage
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Puck, Milo & Wyatt, Hera & Nora
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Meet-The-Parents Dinner
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I hope she still likes me after this

Milo nodded along when Wyatt cut off his thoughts and said Puck wouldn't have to meet everyone. Heck, he himself had barely met everyone and he literally was a Wakefield! There were just a ton of people in his family. "Oh no, don't worry. Only about.... a quarter are required. And of those, eh... only like 10 people you'll see a lot." He nodded, sipping more of his wine. Dris, meanwhile, was fully prepared to come up with a specific plan of action when it came time to meet the family.... or, the important members. Hera told Dris to keep an eye on his cats when Puck came around and he laughed. Puck's reply made him laugh a bit more before he was able to speak. "Well, Lumi's a love. All she does is laze about. She's about as obsessed with my sweaters as Puck is, though. Picasso, my sphynx, is a wild card. He'll run around like a nut, then fall asleep in an empty paint jar."

He grinned, forever proud of his goofy kitties. As he zoned out a bit, his brain had drifted into thoughts about himself and Puck, perhaps in a house surrounded by cats. It wasn't until Milo called him on being covered in paint that his brain snapped back into attention. Luckily before he could get too flustered, Puck pointed out where she knew the color from. It was her color indeed, because she'd been in his thoughts. Plus also her voice was around, which made him feel the need to put her color out there. At her little gigglysnort, he grinned softly, before answering her question. "Well, that's the thing... about colors. I'm usually adapting them. Plus your voice... I dunno kinda shimmers when you talk sometimes. So I added a bit of glitter to the mix to see if we liked it." He looked around at the paint encircling him, then glanced to his hand, which was currently being held. He curled his long fingers between hers, enterlacing them. He also noticed that now the still slightly wet paint was trailing onto her. Well... oops. "I meant to just show you the little jar, but, I suppose painting all over the place works too?" Pink filled his cheeks as she commented about his so-called molting.

"No, dear, it's only molting when it's dry. Now he's just infecting you with the colors. At least, that's what his cousin, Brendan, calls it." He grinned, taking a second to steal Wyatt's hand too. The kids weren't the only one's allowed to be romantic, damn it! Nora commented that it'd come right up with a bit of soapy water, and Milo nodded. "It should do the trick, yes. The worst is when he gets paint in the carpet and forgets to say anything for a week. We had to completely recarpet his room! It was awful trying to get that mess cleaned up. That's not even mentioning anything with sound he'd paint." The man laughed, nudging his son gently.

"And please, Mrs. Nora, I don't mind cleaning up the mess at all. It happens and I really shouldn't have allowed myself to paint. But... well, I couldn't help it." He wanted to add in that Puck's voice is what made him need to paint, but he didn't want them to think it was anything super weird. Because for him, it was simply that she had a lovely voice. He gently squeezed her hand, sending a small smile in her direction. At least no one seemed to be mad at him over this, though he figured that might be due in part to her calm deflection of the situation. Thank the heavens for her, because he'd been in situations before where simply having a comforting hand to hold would've made all the difference. And now he had found the hand he really liked to hold. Now he just had to hope she liked being the ground for him when his brain ran away to the clouds.

Yukina101

I ᴀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏsᴇ, ᴛʜᴇ ꜰʟᴏᴡᴇʀs ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʟᴀɴᴋᴇᴛs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙᴇᴅʀᴏᴏᴍ ꜰʟᴏᴏʀ.
Aɴᴅ I ᴀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴀʏ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʜᴏsᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʜɪᴅᴇs ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴄʟᴏᴛʜᴇs ʙᴇʜɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴄʟᴏsᴇᴛ ᴅᴏᴏʀ.
I ᴀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴇᴇɴ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴀss ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʙᴇɴᴅs ʙᴀᴄᴋ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀɴᴇᴀᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜʀ ꜰᴇᴇᴛ.
Aɴᴅ I ᴀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʟᴜᴇ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴀʟʟᴇʏ ᴠɪᴇᴡ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏʀɪᴢᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴏꜰᴛᴏᴘs ᴍᴇᴇᴛ.
Iꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴜᴛ ᴍᴇ I sᴜᴘᴘᴏsᴇ I ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙʟᴇᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏʟᴏʀs ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴠᴇɴɪɴɢ sᴛᴀʀs.
Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ɢᴏ ᴀɴʏᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪsʜ ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ, ᴡʜᴇʀᴇᴠᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ, ᴍʏ ᴅᴀʀʟɪɴɢ.

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:15 pm

User Image

☯⚝ϟPuck wasn't sure how relieved she should be at hearing Milo reiterate that, at most, she'd be meeting ten family members when just counting on her fingers the member she knew she'd eventually meet were allot more than ten. Dris tried to distract her from it by talking about his cats which worked sort of so she tried to calm the rest of it down by finishing off her class of iced tea. While Lumi was everything a fluffy princess was supposed to be, she'd especially fallen hard for Picasso. Maybe it was because when she first met him he reminded her of this adorable little goblin that she immediately wanted to carry around in a kangaroo pouch. Even when he bit her multiple times while also purring. She supposed there was something wrong with her for thing that was amazingly cute but meh, she never claimed sanity. She was sure her parents would agree, especially as they watched her become lovestruck over glitter in paint that her boyfriend had apparently unconsciously snuck over on his person then got all over himself and a good part of their wooden table. What could she say, the heart wanted what the heart wanted. "That's...you..I.." she stammered out the only keeping her from hiding behind her eyes being the fact that one was currently curled around his.

"I think now is a good time to bring dessert. I hope everyone saved room!" Nora suggested getting up from the table with a small secret smile. Puck could've kissed her mother as she quickly got up to join her to help with the serving. Wyatt was curious as to what the dessert was and shot his husband an amused look as he grabbed his hand to place it on the table almost like he was in competition with their son. "If it's as delicious as the dinner, I'll definitely find room." he assured their hostess with a smile and happy pat of his stomach. While both Abrams men were decent at cooking, it was always nice to taste something different.

"Oh believe me you will." Hera piped in practically vibrating in her seat at the thought of the apple crumble. "And don't give it another thought Dris. Between me and Puck, Nora's got her fair share of being exasperated by messes." she soothed the boy while also sending a wink to her wife who was returning with a pie dish of the pastry. Nora just huffed but couldn't find it in her to rebuff the other woman's words. "It's true. I'd rather have paint stains that nearly impale myself on a set of sewing needles again." her brown eyes shot an accusatory look at her wife who merely tried to look everywhere but at her. Typical. "Or actual pieces of charcoal in the sofa!" she called out towards her daughter who was coming from the kitchen with a tub of the ice cream.

"It happened at the most twice. Stop trying to tarnish my good name!" Puck shot back with a dramatic pout. "Tada, dessert! Apple crumble with mum's homemade ice cream, caramel flavor. Tuck in." she introduced to the table taking her seat by Dris noticing her hand and also the bottom of the ice cream container had smidges of the glittery maroon color. Eh, it'd come off eventually.

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:39 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I hope she still likes me after this

Dris was honestly a bit shocked that no one seemed upset by his painting all over the place. He usually got at least a casual scolding. He gently squeezed Puck's hand, watching her struggle to thank him. He wasn't quite sure why she was thanking him, given that he'd not done anything to deserve thanks... had he? Unless she was just excited to see the color he'd made up for her. Or maybe it was the glitter? She did truly love glitter, after all. She curled up, almost like she was trying to hide. She'd hidden to reboot before, so he assumed she needed a second again. At that moment, Nora popped up and offered dessert. Dris didn't even know what the dessert was, but his belly rumbled in hunger. "That sounds lovely, thank you."

Puck jumped up to walk off after Nora, leaving Dris to look at his hand. It was now devoid of hers, and he could see the outline of her hand in the paint. Perfect. A small blush touched his cheeks, the boy moving to look over at Wyatt when he spoke. Of course he wanted dessert. He secretly had a sweet tooth, and not just for tea. "Oh, I'm so excited! We'll have to have you over and have Kalin make us a nice cheesecake. Ooh! And I can get Nan's recipe for mulled cider. Mmmm...." Milo grinned, thinking of a good meal to make with Kalin's magical cheesecake. Maybe ribs and Dris' favorite version of macaroni? Ooooh he could feel the calories on his hips already!

Dris sent Hera a crooked grin when she told him not to worry about messes. "I'm sure. Puck's told me she likes charcoals and they're incredibly messy. I do, however, still feel bad. Puck can attest I apologize a lot." At that moment, Nora walked back in with a pie dish full of heaven. She mentioned sitting on needles or finding charcoal in the couch. Goodness sake, apparently Milo and Wyatt should be happy they only had one messy artsy kid. He laughed as Puck tried to defend her good name, and Dris was pretty sure if they ever got a place together it'd be nothing but art mess and cat fur. Wait. Had he just thought about living with her? They'd only been dating a short while! Color filled his cheeks, but he was just glad he hadn't spoken out loud something goofy this time.

Luckily, a big platter of apple crumble with caramel ice cream was on the table now to distract the group. He dished himself out a small bowl and tasted it, smiling brightly. "This is really good. Thank you guys so much!" He liked the Giese-Dunbar family... though that was probably just because they were feeding him. It wasn't until Milo spoke up that the silence was broken. "So, Magdalena, Dris told us all his job, but what about you? What do you do? Ooh, and add in ambitions. I like learning people's dreams." He grinned, looking around Dris to Puck. He could see why his son liked her so much. She was sweet, smart, and he could admit she was pretty too. He was honestly proud of his son for his choice in dates. Also he was proud of Nora and Hera for raising such a lovely young woman... and also for their dessert skills.

Yukina101

Aɴᴅ I ᴀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴀʏ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʜᴏsᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʜɪᴅᴇs ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴄʟᴏᴛʜᴇs ʙᴇʜɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴄʟᴏsᴇᴛ ᴅᴏᴏʀ.
Aɴᴅ I ᴀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʟᴜᴇ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴀʟʟᴇʏ ᴠɪᴇᴡ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏʀɪᴢᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴏꜰᴛᴏᴘs ᴍᴇᴇᴛ.

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:40 pm

User Image

☯⚝ϟPuck perked up at hearing an invitation for cheesecake while her mom's interest was piqued at the mulled cider. "Ohh, that sounds great! I never started appreciating the drink until we moved here; it's much better than what I was used to." Hera piped in getting up to refill everyone's wine glasses. She nodded along as Dris mentioned her daughter's charcoals and how messy they can be, lord knows she's tried every stain remover under the sun trying to keep her uniforms cleaned when she was younger, and snickered at his admission to apologizing.

"Well I don't think there's every something bad about being quick to apologize, as long as you also know that not everything that happens is your fault." she intoned wisely topping off his parent's glasses.

"That's very insightful of you." Wyatt praised her saying a quiet thanks before sipping from his glass.

"Thank you, I have my moments as they say." she tittered sitting down only as her wife and daughter came back. She shot a look at her daughter who still seemed a bit embarrassed at something though with a look at Nora, they were both pretty sure what it was. Puck was usually never this fully transparent around someone else she didn't explicitly know well, it took numerous years before she even got comfortable calling her grandparents anything other than "Mr. and Mrs. Dunbar" so for her to actually act as enamored as she was it was very telling.

Puck had just taken a spoonful of ice cream when she got sideswiped by Milo's question about her job and..ambitions? Well he certainly wasn't low balling her anymore was he. "Uh, well currently, I work with mom at her school as her assistant teacher. I don't really teach anything, I basically just help out wherever I'm needed, grade assignments, and do some of the more dangerous aspects of backstage work and try to teach it to the kids so they can learn. Sometimes it's pretty rewarding but others...not so much? " she cleared her throat thinking of the days when she wanted to kick one or more of those buggers off the stage and straight into the pit. "Or, at least with the older kids. I also help out at the community theater with their kids since my mom went down to volunteer. It actually started with me babysitting some of the actors' kids and then we'd go through improvs or I'd show them some lighting tricks and it just kinda...grew? Now every few months we put on a small kids production, just something small and it's usually something simple like a fairy tale or an animated storytelling."

"They were mentioned in the local paper last time they put on a show. They said it was the best retelling of 'The Man Without a Heart' they'd seen in a good while." Nora piped in proudly while Puck pinked and coughed awkwardly.

"We were alright I think. As for ambitions? I actually rather like what I'm doing, well besides the supposed teaching part? I guess what I'm trying to say is, I really like working behind the scenes and doing things with a set no one could imagine and I don't mind helping or teaching those who'd want to learn but maybe not as my full-time job? Maybe when I'm older and starting to retire so no one things I'm a mean old cat woman who hisses from the balcony." she giggled to herself.

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:53 am
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Foot, meet mouth

Milo grinned over at Hera as she mentioned her budding appreciation for mulled cider. It was one of his favorites, just behind hot tea. "Oh, if you like it at all, you'll positively love my Nan's! It's so good!" He grinned and nodded, nudging his husband for support. After Dris mentioned how messy charcoals could be, Milo wanted to contend with just how messy paints alone were, but decided to keep his frustration under wraps. After all, it was a day of love... and stuff. He lovingly ruffled his son's hair, flakes of paint floating down as he did so.

Dris was grateful Hera didn't tease him about his weird apology schedules, instead providing him helpful life advice. He sent a small smile her way as Milo quietly cheered for having more wine poured into his glass. He looked over as Nora and Puck walked back in the room, though he focused on the latter. He ate his dessert in awkward silence until Milo spoke up, dropping a question about jobs and ambitions for Puck. At least it wasn't the sex question. Dark eyes moved to look over at Puck as she answered, speaking first about her job working with kids in her mum's theater class. He tried not to giggle as she carefully worded her way around probably tossing a kid in a rubbish bin, but for the most part she remained perfectly optimistic.

Milo was listening raptly, attention focused mostly on the youngest female in the group. He ate a bite of ice cream, grinning happily. Apparently she worked with Hera at her secondary school doing a theater program. How quaint they worked together. She spoke on putting on productions with the young kids, causing Milo to light up. That sounded positively wonderful. Nora chimed in, adding in that they'd been mentioned in their local newspaper after their last show, which he figured was big news for sure. "Oh how wonderful, dear! That's lovely news indeed. We tried to get this one-" He paused, gently shaking his son side-to-side, "-into theater, but unfortunately, it didn't work at all!"

Dris flushed and busied himself in eating, though he made sure to listen as Puck continued. She spoke about wanting to work in theater and possibly do theater-related teaching, but for the most part she just wanted to work behind the scenes. He thought it might be fun to help, though all he could really do to be productive involved painting sets. Milo was right, there was no way in hell he'd go back on stage in front of people. It was a far drop to faint when he'd been 5'6", but now over a foot higher than that would be terrifying. Not that he knew. Usually his knees buckled and his brain disconnected for a while. At the mention of being an old cat woman, Dris snorted, not having expected such a thing. "Don't worry, we can be angry old cat people together. Hissing and all." He said, rather confidently.... until his brain processed a bit. Well now it sounded like he was propositioning they'd be old together. Hopefully she didn't derive the same meaning. But judging by Milo's raised-eyebrows look, everyone at the table garnered that. Well.... crap. Oh well.

Yukina101

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:50 pm

User Image

☯⚝ϟPuck was laying in her usual spot on her bed cuddling Galavant under her arms while listlessly staring at her netflix queue. Over the past few weeks when not at work, she'd steadily gone through all the shows she'd ever bookmarked to watch later and now she was slowly doing a success lap. She'd just finished binging all the American Horror Stories after having watched all of Bates Motel and she felt she was sort of horror'd out. But when she tried to watch something with even a modicum of romantic storyline she hadn't been able to stop crying for nearly an hour. "Which do you think? 'Tales from the Crypt' or 'Castlevania' next?" she asked her pet who merely rumbled out something between a purr and a meow. "I mean they're both relatively funny it just depends on how you look at it." she answered with a slight pout. Damned judgmental b*****d. "Maybe he was suggesting you go outside and get some sun instead?" Nora interjected popping her head into her daughter's doorway trying desperately not to wrinkle her nose at the sight and smell before her. Clothes were literally all over the place as were cups and disposable food containers and the blinds were closed making the entire room look dark and depressing, potentially what the young woman was going for.

"I would but the wifi signal is trash in the garden." Puck deadpanned from beneath her next of blankets on her bed. The Scottish woman merely sighed before forcing herself into the room nudging piles out of way to get to the window and flinging the blinds open filling the room with sunlight and rolling her eyes at the exaggerated hissing noise she could hear. "I heard a hiss! She's alive then?" Hera shouted from the living room where she and Chanda had been lounging. "Barely!" Puck yelled back attempting to burrow further into her next.

Nora just shook her head at the dramatics of it all and no nonsense summoned her daughter's blankets off of her causing both her and the cat to hiss in her direction. Galavant decided not to stay in a place he clearly was not wanted while Puck just glared halfheartedly at her mother. "Whatttt??! Can't a girl mourn in peace anymore!" she whined over her mother's tsking. "I'd actually allow it if there were something to mourn. You and Dris are merely out of sync, nothing more." Nora pointed out summoning more of the dirty clothes and placing them in their hamper along with the bedding. "Suure, that's what it's called when you accuse someone of something they didn't even do then run out on them for literally nothing to show for it. Yup, totally just out of sync." Puck snarked sitting up finally. Both of her mothers sighed simultaneously (though they didn't realize it) while one continued her cleaning and the other acted as though she wasn't actually eavesdropping. "I just meant...maybe you could take a shower first before we continue this topic? I'm actually seeing smell lines and I didn't think that was physically possible." Nora prompted with a wrinkle of her nose. Her daughter just snorted and glared but still peeled herself out of bed to shuffle towards her bathroom. "Make sure to exfoliate! Goddess knows how much dead skin you must be carrying around!" Hera couldn't help piping in to the unanimous disgust of her family.

Miss GryffindorK

]  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:33 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Giese-Dunbar Home
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? A Ring and Terror
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Confrontation?
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Nan's always right... right?

Dris had been sulking for much of the past two weeks. He'd even failed to show up for helping his dads. Milo was alright with it, if a bit sulky, but after a few days, Wyatt ended up making Dris get dressed and apparating him to work, if only so he'd sulk somewhere other than home. Unfortunately, his friends and family all had different ideas as to what to do. Ultimately, he just... laid around the house and whined. The few times he tried to paint left him confused and upset. He hadn't even been able to mix the colors, let alone paint. Even aunt Cyd had gotten so annoyed she'd slapped his cheeks a few times. Unfortunately, that just led to an argument between herself and Milo, and Dris going home to hide under his blankets. Finally, when Milo had had his last straw, he called in the ultimate resource.

The light popping noise of apparation startled Dris a bit, but he was too busy being all sprawled out in bed. He'd been too emotionally exhausted to change out of his pajamas, and it didn't help that he really didn't even know what day it was. Instead of questioning the person, he grunted sadly. He didn't even have the energy to sit up and see who it was when they walked in the door. "Driskol, dear, is this where we are?" The tall young man pushed himself up with a look of confusion and shame.

Nan was standing in her great-grandson's messy, messy flat holding a big bowl of macaroni. "Child, you look absolutely miserable. Have you eaten today?" She clucked her tongue softly when he shook his head. The woman set the bowl on a small table, then gently pulled the boy into a deep hug. "Don't you worry your little self, dear. We are going to figure this all out, you and me. First, get up, get showered, and get dressed. I'm going to prepare lunch." She waited a moment until Dris complied, then the woman sighed and stepped into his kitchen. While he was showering, she used magic to quickly clean up the apartment. There. At least that looked better.

When Dris was all cleaned up, he dressed in a pair of comfortable jeans and an artsy tee shirt, then meandered to the kitchen. He was quickly sat down at the little bar, a bowl of pasta pushed before him. He started to eat slowly while Nan leaned on the counter opposite him. "Driskol, dearest, I want you to know that we all love you. Every one of us. That being said, we can all tell there's one person you love quite differently than us. Dear, you've been in so much pain these weeks, and I bet you anything she has been too. You've got to go to her, tell her how you feel. Don't let your own insecurities prevent what may just be the greatest love this generation." She reached a hand out and set it on Dris', preventing the boy from eating. "Nan, what if she tells me she never wants me again? What if she doesn't love me back?"

"The unfortunate part is that that might happen. However, I've seen you two. You remind me of another young couple, a little more than sixty-six years ago. Driskol, I believe with all my heart that you and Magdalena are going to be together forever. And sure, kids aren't in that plan right now, but you never know." Once she was certain she had the boy's full attention, she handed him a small box. Inside sat a plain silver ring. "Oh, Nan it's... um... thank you?" He looked confused, but the elder woman simply chuckled. To add to that, she slipped off her own rings off her left hand. She gently opened Dris' hand, then set the rings on his palm before curling his fingers over them. "I've been waiting for the day that I felt so confident in a young love that I could pass these along. Driskol, go to your dear girl. Go and tell her all that is weighing on your heart. No matter what happens, we will be here to hold you through it."

Dris nodded, this time determination setting in. He walked back to his bedroom, this time dressing in his nice slacks and a pale blue button down shirt. After confirming with Nan that he looked good, he rested her wedding band in the box as well, taking the engagement ring with him. He apparated near Puck's family home, then walked up the street. Once outside their door, he took a deep breath. He could do this. Nan said he could, so there was no way this would fail... probably. He reached out and pressed the doorbell, hand resting in his pocket where the ring was. Hopefully, this would all end up okay.

Yukina101

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:51 pm

User Image

☯⚝ϟWhen the doorbell rang nearly all the family members (excluding the one who couldn't hear it due to the shower) looked on in confusion considering they had what was to be considered an open door policy. Very rarely did any of their friends and family ring the doorbell and in fact if they were to investigate, they would probably find that a few of them had their own copies of the key. Hera broke first and went to answer the door and was doubly surprised to see Dris there well dressed, though a tad thinner than she remembered, looking very resolute. "Dris! You're here! Come in! Come in come in come in-!" she ushered the young man in practically dragging him into the living room to face the other occupant's shocked faces. "Driskol! Ohmy, Magdalena is just-" "Is just getting ready! I'll go help speed her along! You..you take a seat! Get comfy, or don't! We'll be out in a few minutes." Hera interjected loudly waving her wife over to keep the poor boy company while she straightened out her wayward daughter. She was sure there had to be something decent left in her closet that was still clean.

Chanda for the most part was rather split; on one hand he liked Dris and he liked when he and his sister were together and happy and whatnot but he also did not like that one fight like this could send Puck spiraled down into depression like it had. It was somewhat obvious the same could be said of Dris, he looked li he'd lost some weight and he could pack for a round the world trip with those bags under his eyes but still, as a sibling he had a duty. On his way out into the garden he made eye contact with the taller male and made sure to give him the universal "I See You" hand gesture hoping he conveyed all that was mean to be said. Nora on the other hand was bustling in the kitchen attempting to get a kettle to boil in under a minute and wondering if she should offer biscuits or not.
                                                        "I'm glad one of you have come to your senses to talk things out finally, it's truly been maddening not knowing what to do or say. Do you want any tea? Biscuits?"

"HE'S WHAT!?!?" came the shout down the stairs and hallway causing Nora to wince while Hera immediately started shushing an obviously panicking Puck and bodily threw her into her bedroom.
                                                        "He's really actually here?! You're not making this up so I have to go soak up mana rays or something like that?" Puck asked insistently staring at her mother who looked visibly offended.
                                                        "First of all you can't soak up mana rays that's not a thing and second of all yes! I'm actually rather hurt you'd think I'd lie about something like that." she sniffed though her daughter ignored it focusing on the important parts of that sentence. "But why?! Why now?! What does he even want-! What?!" Puck snapped having caught her mom's stare and head shake. "I made a promise to myself to never call any of my children stupid and for the first time in 22 years you are testing that pledge." Hera stated plainly. "That boy looks like the poster child of tapeworms and he still dressed up and came here because he obviously still cares about you and this relationship and don't you even ******** dare open your mouth while I'm talking right now I let you wallow but now I'm officially putting my foot down." Her daughter's mouth snapped shut while her eyes widened in shock.

"I'm tired Magdalena. I'm tired of watching you two play the worst game of keep away imaginable and sulk and fall deeper and deeper into a hole of depression that I'm honestly afraid I'll lose you to. I'm tired of not doing or saying anything sooner because I foolishly believed one or both of you would pull your heads out the collective black hole that is your a** and see that you both messed up, you both need to fix it, and you both need to get this train back on the tracks to happyland or I swear to every female deity I can Google I will make the both of you rue the day Hera Gretchen Giese-Dunbar was ever allowed to graduate with a minor in Psychology. Now! What will it be? The violet or the maroon?" Hera held up two clean dresses she'd scrounged from the closet in front of her daughter with only the barest ticks of her eyebrows. Puck hesitatingly pointed towards the maroon dress. "Wise decision. Now where the hell did you put your brush?!"

After about fifteen or so minutes of Nora dawdling between the kitchen and living room and no more loud sounds coming from upstairs save the first one, she turned to see Puck strolling down the stairs in a maroon flowing sundress, her hair finally brushed and detangled, and the barest hints of makeup on her face. She still foregone shoes but she supposed she could overlook it just this once. When she finally made it to the living room and saw Dris she took in a sharp inhale and froze a few feet away from him. Feeling like an intruder, Nora politely excused herself upstairs to eavesdrop along with her wife.
                                                        "He-hey Dris..."

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:50 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Hera, Nora, and Puck
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Proposal
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? She's so beautiful

Dris looked up when the door swung open, Hera looking a little too excited. He was quickly pulled inside while Nora mentioned Puck. He lifted an eyebrow in confusion when she was quickly cut off by Hera, who claimed Puck was getting ready. So... maybe Puck hadn't been hit as hard as he had. Suddenly he wondered if this was all a terrible mistake. If she was happy enough to go out and have fun.... it wouldn't work. Hera told him to sit (or not) and he awkwardly did so, struggling to not look as nervous as he felt. Nora spoke up, mentioning that she was glad he'd come to his senses. "Oh... um... It was mostly thanks to my Nan... Or I honestly probably... well."

Just as he was about to continue his thought process, a loud scream came from upstairs. A sparkle hit Dris' eyes when the vivid maroon burst into his vision like an explosion of color. "N-no, Miss Nora. Thank you. Um... please... tell me...? Has she been... as much a mess as me?" He bit his lip nervously, praying to all the deities he'd ever heard of that he hadn't been alone in his utmost worst. He turned his gaze down to the carpet, partly wishing he could just sink into it forever. Over the next several minutes, Nora kept wandering between the living room and kitchen, distracting Dris from sinking back into his hole.

Finally, he looked up when he heard the soft blue thunks of the stairs. There, looking radiant and magical, was Puck. He pushed himself to his feet, feeling a bit wobbly. She greeted him, although hesitantly. He shuffled about for a second, then stepped over toward her. "P-Puck.... Um... I-I just wanted to come by and-and talk. Because I'm.. I'm really sorry, Puck. I acted like a t**t and I've felt terrible since then. I should have gathered my courage long ago, but honestly... I was scared. I was terrified that you might not want me anymore, that I'd finally said the one thing to ruin all of this, and I'm sorry. You deserve someone that's able to say just what you need to hear, but I really, really hope you'll give me another chance." He paused, only long enough to wipe his teary eyes on his sleeve. "Puck, I love you and I never want us to be apart again. I want you to know that this past two weeks were among the hardest I've ever endured, and all I want for you is unending happiness. I want for us to be able to work together to solve all our silly little problems and to be there for one another in our times of need. Puck... I love you more than painting. And, I was wondering," He took a deep breath and slid down onto one knee, holding out the ring from his pocket, "Magdalena, Puck...

Will you marry me?"

Yukina101

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:10 pm

User Image

☯⚝ϟNora just smiled sadly at Dris' slipped question over her daughter's demeanor and as much as she wanted to shout the house down that yes and she'd been depressing the whole house to boot, she held her tongue. Regardless of the outcome, those two were going to figure things out today. When Puck arrived, she quickly made her exit while she kept fiddling with either her fingers or her dress trying to figure out what else to say. It seemed though that Dris was already on the ball and started with an apology calling himself a t**t (which she highly disagreed with) and he was terrified that she was the one who wouldn't want him anymore and that he had ruined everything. Did he even remember what happened?! Did he suddenly forget everything that happened two weeks ago?! "You have absolutely nothing to apologize for! I was the one who started all of this over nothing!" she couldn't help blurting out. Once she had gone to the doctor and gotten the negative results to her pregnancy scare, it had truly hit her how much she had royally ******** up her relationship. She'd been so much of a coward and too ashamed to even face him that she had sent Dris a text message of the news so that he wasn't left in the dark. After that she had pretty much just let her phone die, only letting it charge long enough for her mom to potentially reach her outside of work but that was it. Dris rambled on about how much he loved her and he didn't want to be apart like this again (ditto) and he wants them to be together and work through any problems they might have together which had her nodding in complete agreement not even feeling the tear tracks on her own face.

She let out a watery giggle when he admitted to loving her more than painting, which was really saying something coming from him!, and before she realized, he was on his knee ******** proposing. Like. One bent knee and everything! "What the ********> slipped from Puck before she realized as she absentmindedly wiped her eyes. "You-you just-! You can't just-! I-I told you! I told you can't do or-or say stuff like that to me without a freaking warning! It's just not fair!" she whined not entirely sure how much of that she was serious about. But honestly! The whole scene was like something from a decently written fanfiction! s**t like this didn't just happen every day! "WILL YOU JUST SHUT UP AND SAY YES ALREADY!" Hera yelled from upstairs before she was covered by Nora's indignant hissing. Puck could barely contain her laughter before she cupped Dris' face and finally gave him the kiss she'd been wanting to since he came in. "Of course I'll marry you dingus."

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:48 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Hera, Nora, and Puck
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Proposal
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? She's so beautiful

Dris flushed a bit when Puck denied that the fight was his fault. Sure, she'd thrown out some harsh words, but he had basically told her they were required to get married, so he could see why there was a negative reaction. He felt incredibly awkward as he had sunk down to a knee, especially as he realized a bit late into the game that her parents were both still here. Also probably her slightly spooky younger brother... oh boy. Unfortunately, her reaction wasn't exactly the one he'd been expecting when she cried out "what the ********!" but luckily it sounded... happy-ish? She spoke again, this time stumbling over her words. He blushed more, still awkwardly holding out the shimmery diamond ring. Suddenly his vision was changed from deep maroon to a much lighter creme color that startled the tall man. He looked up at Hera, feeling his cheeks warm heavily. In hindsight, he probably should've proposed... not here.

After a second, they were all laughing and Puck cupped Dris' chin. He barely had time to look up into her eyes before they were kissing. Beautiful. When she agreed, he pushed himself to his feet, wrapping his arms around her waist as he stood, lifting her with him. "I think this might be the happiest moment of my life." He pressed his lips against hers once more, twirling once until he realized that his lack of eating that past two weeks was catching up hard. But he was hungry again, finally. And he had the urge to paint once more. Perhaps he'd just needed his muse? Setting her down, Dris gently took her left hand in his, then slipped the silver ring onto her finger. "It's a perfect fit. I guess Nan was right again." He chuckled softly, then pulled his new fiancee into his arms for a tight hug. "Oh, I missed you so much. So, so much."

Yukina101

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
Private Homes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash