Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Oliver's Bachelor Pad

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:16 pm
xxxxxxxxxxx OLIVER'S BACHELOR PAD xxxxxxxxxxx

User Image

LOCATED IN Edith Weston, England

xxxxxxxxxxFIRST FLOORxxxxxxxxxx

User Image...User Image...User Image

| Kitchen | Living Room | Dining Room |

User Image...User Image

| Oliver's Bedroom | Bathroom |

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:17 pm
xxxxxxxxxxxxH O U S E x O C C U P A N T Sxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oliver Davis
| Home | Work | Elsewhere |

Arwen Bradbury
| Home | Work | Elsewhere | Moved |

xxxxxxxxxxxxF A M I L Y x P E T Sxxxxxxxxxxxx

Moon the Cat
| Home | Elsewhere | Moved |

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:19 pm
xxxxxxxxxxxxH I S T O R Yxxxxxxxxxxxx

⟹ Oliver moved in during 2044

⟹ Arwen moved in during 2053 and the couple adopted Moon that same year

⟹ Arwen moved out with Moon in 2055

xxxxxxxxxxxxC O N T A C Txxxxxxxxxxxx

⟹ Not Connected to the Floo Network

⟹ Does Not Allow Apparition

⟹ Allows Owl Messages

xxxxxxxxxxxxV I S I T O R Sxxxxxxxxxxxx

⟹ None  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:34 pm
User Image

╔══════════════════════════════════════╗
                                                Oliver Davis
                                                Slytherin Alumn - Twenty Four Years Old - Pureblood - Office for Counterfeit Spell and Objects
                                                Department of Magical Law Enforcement

╚══════════════════════════════════════╝

The only really annoying aspect about inviting anyone over was the fact that Oliver only had one beanbag chair facing the television. Every time he wanted to watch it with company, he’d have to switch the chair with the couch. Sometimes, he’d just leave the beanbag chair in a random area of the room instead of dragging it over to the wall, but his sisters advised him that girls didn’t typically like it when a guy’s house was messy. Not that Oliver really had any girls over that he was trying to impress except Arwen. But, he didn’t even know if she was interested in him as anything more than just a friend. They had grown very close in the last two years, and neither of them had seriously dated anybody during that time. Perhaps Ollie hadn’t dated anyone because he spent a good portion of the first year getting over Arnie. However, his feelings for the American girl had been blossoming since they met and all of his worries seemed to disappear whenever they were together. He’d never tell her that though – he didn’t want to ruin their friendship.

“You wanna go get some food?” he asked. After having spent a couple of hours together, Oliver was beginning to long for some dinner. Unfortunately, he didn’t have any cooked meals waiting for them in the fridge. The bachelor knew he had to start cooking more and eating out less, but it was just so much easier to buy a meal than to make one. “We could always order something, too,” he suggested. That way they didn't have to leave the apartment and step out into the drizzle. Even in the summer, England managed to experience a lot of rain.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

It almost feels like it was just a dream
                                                ♫ All these memories of you and me

Rawwry

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:03 pm
User Image

User Image

I x h a v e x p a s s e d x t h r o u g h x f i r e - - -
s a l e m x a l u m n a
c u r s e b r e a k e r
o l i v e r ' sx b a c h e l o r x p a d
o l i v e r x d a v i s
a r w e n ' s x c r u s h
c o n t e n t

"Uhhh..." Arwen glanced out of the window at the miserable weather, "We might wanna order something, it's kind of lousy outside," she answered, she, too, was beginning to feel a bit peckish. Arwen's eyes flitted back to Oliver's face, causing heat to rush to her cheeks - not that she'd ever admit it. "What're you thinking? pizza? Or, like, maybe Chinese or something?" She asked, she didn't really mind, she just knew she was hungry. 'Pasta could be good, though...' she thought absentmindedly, brushing a stray curl behind her ear.

Arwen had a lot of feelings toward Oliver, a lot of them made her confused and nervous, but even more of them made her feel happy and calm. In fact, she only really worried about her feelings when she stopped to think about them, usually after they had hung out and she was by herself with her thoughts. If she just lived in the moment with him, she didn't have time to get flustered, nor did she feel the need to stop to think about them. Arwen hadn't really felt like she did with him before. She didn't feel guilty for spending time with him or feel like she was wasting his time, it was pleasant. It made her smile. Ambrose noticed this and always waggled his brow at her every time she went out with him. On the same token, these emotions confused her. How was she supposed to even deal with them? If Arwen actually confronted them, she could risk rejection, which, she guessed she could deal with, eventually, except the entire dynamic between her and Oliver would change and she didn't really want that. Arwen really liked his company, he was her closest (and first) friend in England, she really did not want to push him away. And so, she would keep quiet.

♚ ♚ ♚ ♚ g r a n d d a u g h t e r x o f x t h e x w i t c h e s x y o u x f a i l e d xt o x b u r n ♚ ♚ ♚

kiska166

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:17 pm
User Image

Oliver Davis
                                                Slytherin Alumn - Twenty Four Years Old - Pureblood - Office for Counterfeit Spell and Objects

Oliver glanced out the window in the same direction Arwen was looking. “Yeah, I do not want to go out in that,” he admitted, scratching the back of his head. So, they made a choice on whether or not to leave the house. Next, the friends had to decide what kind of food to order. The blond perked up when the brunette had made a suggestion. “We could get Chinese!” he said excitedly. Ollie grabbed his takeout menu for a local restaurant before returning to the couch and sitting down next to Arwen just a tad closer than usual. If she thought it was weird, he could always brush it off as trying to share the menu. “This place is pretty good – they have a lot of options,” he advised, leaning a liiiittle bit closer so they could both see. Wow, she smells nice, he thought, breathing slowly so Arwen wouldn’t hear him smelling her. That’s so weird – stop it, he ordered himself., but he couldn’t. Was she wearing perfume? It had a nice lavender scent. And her hair! Her hair smelled like coconuts.

Oliver leaned back. He tried to do it as subtley as possible, but he still managed to do it rather suddenly. He felt really hot all of a sudden and decided some air would be a good idea. “Have a look at the menu – I’m just gonna go to the loo,” he said, excusing himself to get out of the situation for a moment. Maybe Arwen wouldn’t notice how weird he was acting, or if she did, maybe she wouldn’t say anything. “Get it together, man,” he whispered to himself, looking at his reflection in the bathroom mirror. Arwen was his friend. He liked her. Maybe she liked him, too? After all, their friends would joke around and say they argued like a married couple – maybe that meant something. Or maybe it meant he got on her nerves. Sometimes, he thought he could see hints and signs that she was crushing on him, but they were really small and could all have just been in his head. Regardless, this was driving him mad. He knew he had to say something, or at least make a move, but talking about his feelings was one of his biggest flaws.

A few moments later, Oliver emerged from the bathroom, an idea in his mind. “D’you want something to drink?” he asked, referring to alcohol since she already had a glass of water. “I’ve got wine and beer. Or if you American girls prefer whiskey, I’ve got some of that, too,” he said, hoping to entice her to the challenge of drinking whiskey with him. He wasn’t planning on drinking much, just enough to intake some liquid courage – and he didn’t want Arwen to be too drunk to make any decisions she might later regret or retreat on. A couple of drinks, however, couldn’t hurt anyone.

Rawwry

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:14 pm
User Image

User Image

s a l e m x a l u m n a
c u r s e b r e a k e r
o l i v e r x d a v i s
c o n t e n t

Arwen hummed in agreement, she would really rather not go out in the rain because even apparating meant going out in the rain, as the pair would have to walk fair enough away from Oliver's flat to apparate, although she preferred to stay here where it was warm and dry. As Oliver stood, Arwen's eyes trailed after him, she ran fingers through her hair as her eyes quickly flitted elsewhere, 'Maybe staring at his a** is not the most effective way of hiding a crush, Arwen,' she scolded herself silently. And when he joined her on the couch once again, the witch was acutely aware of how close they were. Arwen leaned a bit closer, hopefully not too much to make him uncomfortable, she had to read the menu after all! At least, that would be her excuse. But just as soon as she had leaned in, he pulled away, claiming he had to use the restroom.

Arwen leaned back also, looking over the menu, "I'm just gonna go to the loo," she mocked him, in a poor British accent that she had been working on perfecting basically since they had met. His reaction to it also made her laugh, she could still remember the look on his face when she said "pip pip cheerio!" to him. Even now, Arwen found herself grinning from ear to ear. Reminding herself that she should pick out some food, she glanced at the menu again before deciding on wontons and curry chicken, her go-to most of the time.

The witch looked up from the menu when Oliver made his entrance, offering her a drink. That could get her mind off of the fact that she was smitten with him, "I could go for a drink," Arwen nodded, before getting to her feet, "Oliver Davis, are you challenging me right now?" she asked at the mention of whiskey, a smirk on her lips. Believe it or not, she had learned to hold her liquor, maybe while she was underage in America, but that didn't really matter now. Leaning against a wall, she grinned at him, "I'm down if you are."

OOC: sorry for the double quote, the formatting was off and bothering me. o3o;

♚ ♚ ♚ ♚ g r a n d d a u g h t e r x o f x t h e x w i t c h e s x y o u x f a i l e d xt o x b u r n ♚ ♚ ♚

kiska166

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:03 pm
User Image

Oliver Davis

Although Oliver expected Arwen to mock him as she always did whenever he said something that stuck out as a very British thing to say, such as loo, he still couldn’t help but roll his eyes at her and respond with his own form of mockery. “If you want to fit in with us English folk, you’re gonna have to practice that accent of yours a little more,” he said before disappearing into the bathroom. When the brunette had agreed to a drink, his smile stretched before turning into a grin. “Neat or on the rocks?” he asked, not giving her the option to mix it with anything. “I can also get you a chaser if you can’t handle it on its own,” he added teasingly. Knowing Arwen, she would tell him to take the chaser and stick it up his arse.

After deciding how they had wanted their drinks, Oliver brought their glasses over and plopped back onto the couch, a little further away from the girl than before. “You done with the menu?” he asked before taking it from her and looking over the choices, nursing his glass of whiskey all the while. Once they were ready to order, Oliver dialed the restaurant and asked for delivery. Less than half an hour later, a delivery man arrived with the food. “You fine with eating on the couch or you wanna eat at the table?” he asked Arwen. His couch was comfortable and all, but the three little coffee tables he had in the room were not if they had to share them. It was hard enough eating there alone. However, a part of him hoped she wouldn't mind feasting on the couch as that gave him an excuse to sit right next to her.

Rawwry

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:09 pm
User Image

User Image

s a l e m x a l u m n a
c u r s e b r e a k e r
o l i v e r x d a v i s
c o n t e n t

"On the rocks," Arwen answered, though when he offered a chaser, she raised an eyebrow. She was half-tempted to swallow the whole thing down, instead she just said, "Something tells me I'm not the one who needs it," a playful smirk on her lips. She did, however, make a point to drink her whiskey at a faster pace than him, knowing full well she'd be able to handle it. Arwen handed over the menu, her eyes lingering on lips for a bit longer than she'd like to admit. She cleared her throat and smoothed out her skirt, mentally chastising herself. She seriously needed to sort out her feelings, and she had a sneaking suspicion that it meant telling Oliver how she really felt. The thought of that conversation sobered Arwen up a bit.

"The couch is fine," Arwen smiled softly, "You want a wonton?" she asked, offering the takeout carton to him, the witch used this opportunity to subtly slide closer to him so that their shoulders were touching. She hoped that he might wrap an arm around her, or just that he wouldn't pull away immediately. 'Maybe I should just tell him...' Arwen thought to herself, 'Or just kiss him.' She bit her lip gently, before setting her food down on a coffee table. "Hey Oliver?" Arwen asked and when he turned toward her, she leaned forward, and pressed her lips against his.

kiska166

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:41 pm
User Image

Oliver Davis

When Arwen made the comment about Oliver needing a chaser, he raised both of his eyebrows and blinked quickly, copying the famous meme of the guy blinking in surprise. Yes – Oliver knew memes. He was a wizard, but living in the muggle world allowed him to stay connected with the world wide web. “What are you trying to say, that I can’t handle the taste of whiskey? I’ll have you know, I sip this for enjoyment,” he stated. When he walked back over with the drinks, he made sure to drink from his as he passed her the other glass, eyes locked as she drank from hers immediately. Challenge accepted, he thought, not pulling the glass away from his lips until she did the same – which ended in him fighting not to make a face at the large sip he ended up having to swallow.

“Sure,” Oliver responded, reaching over to Arwen’s carton with his chopsticks. “I’ll trade you some tofu if you want,” he offered, not noticing that she had moved in closer to him and that their shoulders were touching until his knee brushed against hers. The blond flushed, although he could have blamed the redness of his face on the alcohol. A moment later, the brunette called his name, so he turned to look up at her – and just in time for her to kiss him! Oliver kissed her back, placing his free hand gently on her cheek, butterflies racing in his stomach. But, he didn’t feel nervous – more than likely due to the fact that he was tipsy.

Rawwry

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:21 pm
User Image

User Image

s a l e m x a l u m n a
c u r s e b r e a k e r
o l i v e r x d a v i s
c o n t e n t

Arwen's heart rate quickened once she had realized what she'd done. And it raced even faster when Oliver had kissed her back. What was she doing?! It was completely out of no where! She pulled away gently, a slight frown on her lips, "I...I'm sorry. I should've asked, at the very least. I really don't want to take advantage of you or anything," she grimaced. Arwen had really messed it up this time, hadn't she? "I think...Well, you know I've been trying to take more risks and, y'know, not overthink everything. And I guess I decided that this was a risk I wanted to take. You know? Like, acting on my feelings? Because I do, you know, have feelings...for you,"
Arwen spoke softly, "I should've said something awhile ago."

Arwen pulled away a bit further, a frown still on her face. Her emotions shouldn't be an excuse for her actions. "I guess it's 'cause I didn't want to lose you, you know? I still don't..." she murmured dejectedly. Maybe she shouldn't have drank that whiskey so quickly after all. Maybe then she wouldn't have acted so rashly. The witch pushed her hair out of her eyes with downward cast eyes. She wasn't really sure she could look him in the eye - which was what she dreamt about most nights anymore. 'Stupid,' Arwen thought bitterly. Maybe she should leave? Talk about a walk of shame...

kiska166

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:11 am
User Image

Oliver Davis

Oliver felt Arwen starting to pull away, so he also pulled back. However, when he saw the frown on her face, he felt his heart sink into the pit of his stomach. She hated it. Immediately, his mind jumped to the worst conclusions – she didn’t like him, he wasn’t a good kisser, she regretted kissing him. However, when she apologized, he furrowed his brows, clearly puzzled. “What? Arwen – no – you’re not – ” he began, but got cut off. Oliver scratched the back of his head as the brunette went on, trying to explain her reason for kissing him. Once she admitted having feelings for him, the blond thought he’d feel happy. Instead, he was confused.

Perhaps Oliver should have said something once she finished talking, but he didn’t know what to say. He liked her a lot, but was left at a loss of words. This seemed to have caused her to pull away more, which was the opposite of what he wanted her to do. “Arwen, you’re not going to lose me,” he reassured her, grabbing both of her arms with his hands so she could look him in the eyes. “This may sound crazy, but I’ve – erm – I really like you, and – erm – I have for a while,” he explained, stuttering through his words. “I didn’t say anything because I didn’t want to lose you.” Finally, that weight was off Ollie’s shoulders. It was a good feeling, finally telling the girl he loved liked that he liked her. He just hoped that didn’t make her more upset, which now he wasn’t so sure about. Girls were complicated.

Rawwry

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:34 am
User Image

User Image

s a l e m x a l u m n a
c u r s e b r e a k e r
o l i v e r x d a v i s
c o n t e n t

Arwen's cheeks burned with embarrassment, hot tears stung at the corner of her eyes as she watched Oliver's reaction. She blinked quickly to keep the tears from falling. She didn't really want him to see her cry from shame, she just wanted a hug, if she was honest. But then Oliver started talking to her and grabbed her arms, shaking her from her growing self-pity. Her skin tingled beneath his. Arwen looked into his eyes in an attempt to calm herself down, but his words caught her off-guard. He liked her too? Her cheeks flushed pink and a small grin made its way to her face, not that she could really help it. Or that she wanted to. The anxiety that had a grip on her heart slowly fell away, like a snake shedding its skin. She felt light, like she could float away without even having to use a spell!

Arwen reached out to his face, gently caressing his cheek, something had thought about doing many times throughout their relationship. It reassured her to feel his skin on her fingertips, like she wasn't just imagining this. "You're not going to lose me either," Arwen said softly, a soft smile on her face. She was sure she was acting like a mess, kissing him like she did, and then freaking out about it to now, feeling light as air. Although, he had been around her when she was in rut before, staring at a journal filled with old newspaper clippings surrounding her mother's disappearance and murder, or when she just couldn't figure out how to break a curse on an item and poured over the same books over and over again. She supposed he might be used to it by now. Arwen's gaze flicked down to Oliver's lips before looking into his eyes again, "Is it alright if I kiss you?"

kiska166

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:21 am
User Image

Oliver Davis

Oliver held onto Arwen’s arms tightly, not letting her go until she caressed his cheek. At that point, he felt totally at ease – like he really wasn’t going to lose her. Her hand felt cold on his cheek, but he didn’t mind. It was kind of refreshing, actually, considering after everything that they had just discussed, he felt a little too warm to be comfortable. It wasn’t particularly hot in the apartment, considering the window was open, allowing the fresh watery breeze to enter the home. However, Oliver felt like he needed a moment to cool down. Taking a minute to sit and gaze into Arwen’s eyes was helping although his heart began to pound harder in his chest when she asked if it was alright to kiss him. A smile grew on the blond’s face before he leaned in to answer the brunette’s question with a kiss. Did this mean they were together? He liked to think so, and even though there hadn’t yet been a discussion on their status, Oliver was pretty confident that their relationship was understood between the both of them. They spent the next little while snogging – meanwhile, their food was becoming colder by the second and the ice in his drink had surely melted into the liquid. Not that he needed the whiskey anymore, anyway.

Rawwry

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Private Homes

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out