Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:03 am
Malas had slacked in his duties. Hard. He winced as he made his way out of the Northfarthing area, smiling sheepishly at the herders and herds. Well, it seemed life had continued even with his impromptu absence. Still, he wasn’t going to enjoy explaining this to the clan chiefs, or even the Thain. Hopefully, the clan chiefs would just… relay his tardiness. Delicately, if he got ahold of the right ear.

And there was just the ear he was looking for! Faramir! Holding up his head a bit more, and even bothering to shake his mane (and dislodging a few bits of grass from when he had been snoozing), he approached the other lion. ”Still a Clan Chief, I hope?” he asked with a grin, in lieu of a greeting. Perhaps Fara could put in a good word and get him his job back; being a plain herder meant more work. He was leading such a good life as the Master Herder… why did he have to hear that rumor?!  
The weather was surprisingly nice as of late and he was enjoying the bit of free time he had to see what some of the members were up to. Soft blowing winds carassed his face as he walked along and eyes sparkled as a familiar voice greeted him, turning his head to look upon the face of their former Master Herder.

"Ah, Malas, so nice to see you. What can I do for you?" Flicking his tail behind him as he turned to face his dear friend, it wasn't his fault his laziness got a hold of him sometimes. They all had a lazy side, did they not?

"I'm assuming you're asking if I'm still a Chief for a reason." Laughing lightly.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Malas gave a sheepish grin, settling down to sit as he tilted his head in a slightly innocent fashion. Feigned innocence, of course. ”Can I not just check up on an old friend and inquire about his status without some hidden agenda?” he asked in mock shock, eyes widening comically for a moment, before his face fell into his usual lazy smile, eyes hooded.

”I uh… took a small trip. Had something to check out and all. Heard some funny rumors about pits that made you lose your fur if you fell in and some other stuff. I guess I should have checked in? And well… It seems my trip took longer than expected,” he explained, not quite asking the question yet. ”You heard the same rumors, yea?” Malas asked, a bit hopefully.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:04 am
Waving a paw, "Of course you can! But, am I wrong to assume you might have another reason for asking?" Smiling warmly at his old friend he allowed him the moment to settle into their conversation.

Giving a nod of his head he listened as Malas began to talk about his travels and it sounded like he had quite the adventure befall him. "I would definitely see about getting checked out... It's not contagious is it?" Taking a step back with a small laugh.

"Aye, I have. Is that why you've come to me dear friend?"  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:05 am
Malas gawked for a moment before giving his friend a small frown. ”I’m not sickly. I didn’t go near the pits. Not even in the same area. Turns out, it was too far. And, well… time slipped away. I set out to check these things out, never really arrived with all the uh… detours… I took,” Malas said decidedly. It really was a blissful and relaxing time. He had spent nearly a week holed up in a little den near a river. Until the inhabitant finally came home and chased him out.

He yawned lazily, shaking out his mane again. Boy, he’d rather be napping. But he needed to deal with this first. Otherwise, he’d wake up and actually… have to work. ”Well, I came to you to talk about my title as Master Herder. I assume no one has stepped up to the job yet?” He hoped not. Malas was not really in the mood to be ordered around by some welp. And if he tried to retire, some might throw a fit due to his rather young age.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:05 am
"You're far too sensitive, I was only joking with you." Though, if he had found out he had been demoted it was quite possible he'd be just as sensitive if someone joked with him in such a manner. "I'm glad to hear you made it back unscathed. Are any of them near our lands? II would assume no since you said some were too far away to actually go check out. I was only asking in case we have to warn other's not not go near them?" It wasn't a bad thing to take precautions.

Listening to his companions words he gave a nod of his head, "You're in luck, no one has stepped up to the position yet so if you're wanting it you'll likely have to do a little leg work but otherwise it's yours to take back." Hopefully that bit of news would be enlightening to Malas.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:03 pm
Malas shrugged, giving out another yawn. He really wanted a nap. But... first, he should really settle this matter. "I don't think there was any near our lands? At least, I haven't heard of it," he breezed. Nah, he had been... super distracted. With being lazy and he had found a lady to pass the days with. Of course, mentioning this was not going to happen. Incriminating himself further was not an option. "Warning others to stay within the border for the time being doesn't seem like a bad idea, though. Especially for the curious whelps who still think adventure is a good idea," he pointed out. No, he decided he liked life in the shire far too much now. Especially being on the outside. The shire was safe.

"A little leg work?" Malas asked in a grimace. Ew. He didn't like the sound of that. But much better than being bossed around for years to come. Still, he hesitated before finally nodding his head in consent. "Fine, what do you think I should do, my old friend?"  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:48 pm
Giving a nod of his head he'd have to spread the word a little bit that some odd things had been seen outside their lands and if any decided to go near their boarders to be on their best behavior and on the lookout for dangerous things.

Really, what all was he going to have to do to prove he wanted his rank besides appealing to himself an perhaps the thain on the matter? "I tell you what, you're already halfway there, but if you do a few things to prove your serious about keeping your position I'm sure the Thain will bless off on it." It wasn't like Faramir could just be like HERE, have your rank back.

"I would love to tell you that you could have your rank back, but we both know I don't have that kind of power." Close to it, but not quite.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

[IC] Sûzat Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas