Submit

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:47 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Koue could barely lift his paws. He kept stumbling over the rocks on the path - the smallest stones may as well be boulders. Had his head been clear enough to hold such trivial thoughts, Koue would have remarked to himself how a mountainside was a purely rotten place to traverse when injured.

The large male had been traveling around the base of this mountain for a few days now, and it had finally started to round and turn back on itself. Not that he had any idea where he was going, but it would be nice to see what lay on the other side. It had been midafternoon, and Koue had been about to settle into a freshly caught klipspringer when three hyenas rushed him. Under most circumstances, Koue could hold his own in combat, but three against one wasn't one of those circumstances. He put up a nice fight, but he was at a disadvantage, and it quickly became apparent that he would need to give up either his food or his life. Freeing himself from his attackers, he retreated and hurried away.

He'd been walking for a long while since then, his limp steadily getting more pronounced, trying to find a safe place to lick his wounds. Unfortunately, the trees were too small and scarce to provide cover, and he hadn't seen a single cave in the mountain face beside him. Among several mostly superficial injuries was his main problem; a deep, vicious bite in his shoulder that he swore must go down to the bone. Blood still ran from the punctures, flowing heavier with each step, staining his bright white fur a sickening red, and Koue's vision was starting to darken at the edges.

Finally, after several trips and staggers, came one that was too much for the injured lion. He fell to his side harshly and lay in the dirt, his flanks heaving from labored breathing, briefly sensible enough to be thankful that he was already at the bottom of the mountain. He thought he could hear someone or something approaching, but he didn't even bother to lift his head. Koue wasn't sure he could fight back even if he needed to.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:32 pm
Rennekae

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Her family was growing. Not only had her sister been fortuante (unfortunate) enough to have a litter of her own, her brother Tawi, the antisocial git, had wrangled a girl and somehow ended up spawning himself. She had only met the little tykes briefly, before starting her daily and nightly chores.

Today, the cleric found herself roaming the borders, looking for one of the rogue guards. She had a question to ask the female, but hadn't seemed to track her down.

Astrea sighed, searching a spot she believed Kgwedi to be, but ultimately came up empty. Well...there was always the next day she could find her. It wasn't something that was in need of dire attention. As the female was about to turn, she heard a stumble and a thump to the ground. Her head whipped around, ears and eyes alert to find the source. It didn't take long for her eyes to focus on the injured male.

"Oh!" She said with a small gasp, rushing over the dry, slightly rocky terrain towards the male's side. "What happened?" The female asked, a frown appearing on her maw.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:40 pm
Koue blinked and tried to focus as he heard a female voice, but it seemed his vision was only getting worse - almost everything looked dark and starry. Using scent to determine what the speaker was proved useless with the smell of his own blood thick enough to choke on. Closing his eyes hard and then opening them again, his sight was clear just long enough for him to realize that the dark and starry was the source of the voice. A beautiful lioness stood in front of him looking concerned.

"Hyenas," Koue offered, closing his eyes again and hoping he didn't sound as foggy as he felt. "Attacked me for my meal. It's not so bad. Except for my shoulder."

He was lucky enough to have landed with his injured shoulder up, so at least there wasn't the added pain of lying on the wound. He was able to lift his head briefly to look at his shoulder and was relieved that the bleeding seemed to have slowed, though not yet stopped. And, really, it was probably only because he wasn't walking anymore and making it bleed more heavily.

"I hate to be a bother, but would you be able to direct me to a safe place to rest? I'm not from around here and I'm having trouble finding anywhere."

Koue hadn't had the greatest luck in his past encounters with other felines, fellow rogues or otherwise, and directions was the best he dared to hope for from this dark female.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:48 pm
Rennekae

"Not so bad? You males always say that when injuries look that way." Astrea tsked, shaking her head. Hyenas though? Were they close? "Are they around this area still?" The lioness asked, fur bristling on her neck for the potential threat.

However, that wasn't the important thing right now. This male needed help. Regardless if he said the wound wasn't bad. If he stayed like this, it would get infected, and then he would REALLY be in trouble.

"You are on the borders of the Mwezi'johari lands." She advised, now wishing she had found Kgwedi. "If you seek sanctuary I can take you into the pride. We can get you some help for those wounds and a place to rest." She walked closer to the male, sniffing at the injury. The scent of copper entered her nostrils, causing her to wince.

"Do you think you can stand?" Astrea was a smaller lioness. She would not be much help in helping the male walk. He could probably lean on her, but they would have to travel quick before she felt his weight too much.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:03 pm
Koue felt himself smile despite his pain; this female was actually chiding a complete stranger for underselling his injuries. And it was literally the second thing she'd said to him! He liked her spunk. Glancing at the sky, the splotched lion took note of the position of the sun and shook his head awkwardly.

"I've been walking for several hours, and they've no need to follow me. I think we're safe."

Koue felt a spark of interest at hearing he was on the borders of a pride, followed by a rush of relief that this lioness and her pride would be willing to care for a stranger. When she asked if he could stand, he shifted his shoulder experimentally, which caused a low growl of pain deep in his stomach.

"It's not going to be enjoyable, and I worry that I may worsen the bleeding, but I should be fine as long as it isn't too far." Koue was relieved to find his head felt clearer after his "rest" in the dirt, though he suspected that wouldn't last long once the pain and bleeding kicked up in earnest again.

He pushed himself to his paws, careful not to put too much weight on his injured shoulder, groaning with the effort. He was finally starting to notice how sore the rest of his body was. At least he should be able to keep off his bad leg in the beginning, before he got too tired and needed the stability. He limped forward and dipped his head at the female.

"Thank you, stranger. Your kindness does not go unnoticed. My name is Koue Vuur, by the way. I'm pleased - and grateful - to have met you." He dipped his white-maned head graciously, then stepped back to allow the cloud-braceleted female lead the way.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:13 am
Rennekae

Astrea nodded, relaxing only slightly at the comment. If there was danger nearby, she would need to warn the guards. But, she took the male's words as truth.

She clicked her tongue. Ideally she would have wanted him to get to the central part of the pride, where others could assist in watching him. (He may have been hurt, but once healed would he still remain cordial?) However, if a longer walk meant potential for more harm to his already injured form, Astrea would have to think of someplace else.

"There's a place not too far from here." She stated. "It's not the perfect place, but it should do the job." She watched as the lion rose to his feet, wincing slightly at his injuries. Already Astrea was inventory things in her mind, herbs and other flora that would help with him.

"Koue Vuur," Astrea repeated, her head dipping low to greet as he had done. "I am Astrea~ Cleric of the pride." She gave another smile before turning towards the pride, in the direction of the small shelter Koue could use. She walked slow and next to the male, making sure he would not tumble.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:11 pm
"Astrea; a pretty name. And fitting," Koue replied, his voice strained with pain. "A Cleric? What is that, if you don't mind my asking?"

Aside from being genuinely curious, Koue hoped that the conversation would distract him from his injuries. He held his leg aloft, his paw tucked tightly against his chest to prevent any swinging when he walked, lurching movement that it was. Even the effort of holding his paw up was torture and, for the first time since the attack, he wondered if there might not be permanent damage to the muscle. Prior to Astrea's appearance, Koue only had time to think about getting somewhere safe; but now that she was here and his mind was at ease, he was able to actually ponder the potential seriousness of it all.

Koue loved learning about prides - longing to find a home for himself and have a family one day - and he hoped that it would be enough to divert his attention.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:47 pm
Rennekae

The lioness felt her cheeks heating up at the compliment. She couldn't look too much into it, as the male's tone caused the frown to deepen. "We are almost there," She said apologetically. It was either this, or the male remain on the borders where she could go get more help.

"Oh...Um...It's a rank of our pride that only some females in the high class are able to get. Basically we learn about the pride's traditions and religions, and maybe one day we can become the shaman of the pride." Astrea explained, her light eyes gazing forward, spotting the small shelter just ahead. Moss covered the rocks on the side, helping blend into the foliage around it.

"Here we are," The blue lioness was, pointing in the direction of the shelter. "Think you can hold out a little bit longer?" Once the male was comfortable, she would seek help for him, whether it be by gathering some healing herbs herself, or getting assistance from another.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:12 pm
After Astrea's "explanation", Koue chuckled - a short, stiff noise. Her description of the rank meant nothing to the colourful rogue. High class, religion, shaman... all words he'd never heard before. Unfortunately, he'd have to wait for answers; even if he knew what to say, the pain in his shoulder had him clenching his jaw tightly, and he hardly thought that a question spat through gritted teeth was polite.

His blue eyes followed Astrea's gesture toward the refuge. He nodded and grunted a tight "Mmhm". In the back of his mind, a tiny piece of him hoped that his face hadn't screwed itself up into a ridiculous expression, or at least that his unruly white mane covered it.

He just couldn't wait to lie back down.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:51 pm
Rennekae

At the silence, Astrea quickened her pace, arriving at the shelter just before Koue would. It was musky inside, a sign no one had been here in quite a while. That would be good, it meant the male could potentially rest without having curious eyes interrupt him. Once settled, she would be sure to tell a guard or two, as well as the monarch.

She scratched the ground, softening the dirt slightly so by the time Koue arrived he would have a 'softer' place to rest.

the lioness moved herself to the side, allowing the male to enter and get settled. "I...will see what I can find to help that wound. You may see a lion or lioness stop by, those would be a guard. Otherwise, you should have too many others wandering this way."  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:49 am
Koue felt a slight twinge of panic when Astrea left his side, worried that he might end up tripping in the last few unsupported paces, but he thankfully arrived without incidence. The small cave smelled stale and he was grateful for its disuse - and for Astrea's efforts to make it more comfortable.

Koue more fell than anything as he lowered himself into the dirt but, at this point, he hardly cared. What was one last jolt to a wound that had gone from insistent throbbing to a constant scream of agony? He finally relaxed his shoulder, letting his leg lay slack, and heaved a deep sigh as the pain flowed briefly and then diminished. The multi-hued lion could feel himself drifting off into unconsciousness almost immediately, and his starry companion's voice was starting to sound hazy, almost like she was underwater.

He mumbled a garbled thank you, unsure whether actual words or just incoherent noise came out of his mouth, and then sleep took him.

KasaiLoki
Fin. :3

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces