[PRP] - At last I found you - Ufunuo and Ubele

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:13 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sleep and quiet had become a rarity in his life, replaced by the chaos of many small voices and fluffy paws. Not that Ufunuo would trade the tiny fuzzballs that had exploded into his life for anything. He had simply learned to appreciate those rare quiet moments.

It was during one such moment that his sleep was broken by a sudden and sharp squawk all too close to his ear. Owww...why so loud! His paws had immediately covered his ears, his eyes squeezing shut as he tried oh so hard to reclaim the precious moment of fleeting sleep.

"Wake up you lazy ball of fluff!"

"Grooooaaaan. What do you want Daga?"

"Get up or I will wake every one of your children."

"You wouldn't dare."

"Oh?"

Suddenly Ufunuo was wide awake, purple eyes settling on the large eagle that had been his best friend since childhood. His eyes narrowed, something told him Daga wsa not bluffing...

"Fine, I'm up, I'm up."

"Good, let's go!"

Daga had barely waited long enough to make certain Ufunuo was in fact on his paws before spreading his own wings and taking flight. A glance back, he saw the dark lion looking far more grumpy that normal, but at least he was following. A smirk on his beak, he'd be glad him came.

"Hurry up!"

"Where are you taking me, Daga?"

And why couldn't it have waited....

"You'll see! You'll like it, trust me!"

Trust him, right, Ufunuo had heard that one before...

Sherpuff

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:19 pm
Amon Larethian

Huria flew with elated purpose, winging swiftly through the rippling breeze. She nearly scared Ubele out of her skin when she dropped unceremoniously from the clouds to land on her companion's sleeping form.

"Ubele, you must wake up and come with me. Now."

The bird's tone brooked no argument and made it very clear that she would accept no excuses. Rarely was Huria so persuasive, so Ubele did what she was told and lurched to standing, shaking sleep from her eyes.

It seemed all she did was sleep lately. Lethargy hung heavily on her with her depression. She had no meaning to fill her days, no one to share it with, nothing to distract her from the guilt she felt at her past mistakes. The only one who had stuck with her was her faithful companion Huria, who had been treating her gently as of late. Which made this demand so much stranger.

She quickly left the rock formation that she'd been resting on and peered at the sky, following Huria's small, black and white form in the sky above.

"Where on earth is she taking me and why such a hurry?" she grumbled to herself, breaking into a loping run when she realized she was being left behind. She didn't recognize much of her surroundings, but realized that Huria was leading her to the border of one of the nearby prides. She knew nothing about them as she'd been shying away from any sort of company. Why would her companion be bringing her here?

She would just have to hurry up and see.

Ubele was nearly out of breath when she finally saw that Huria was slowing, clearly leading her towards their destination, whatever that may be. Anxiety made her slow as she squinted at the shape of another form in the distance. She didn't want to see anyone or talk to anyone, certainly not a stranger. Why would Huria be doing this to her.

But wait....this form looked strangely familiar.

"It can't be......"

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:05 pm
The dark lion yawned, a flick of his tail, stretching his limbs as he walked, shaking the last remains of sleep. He really hoped whatever Daga thought was so urgent was worth it.

"Daga, the cubs will be awake soon, how far are we going?"

If he wasn't there when Ta and the cubs woke up, she was not going to be happy with him for leaving her alone with so many fuzzballs.

"Be patient, we're almost there."

Daga rolled his eyes. Just trust him Ufunuo, you will not regret it. There is nothing more important at this moment then what Daga is about to show you, you'll see.

The eagle's flight had slowed, the beat of his wings deliberate as he searched the sky and ground below, they could not be far now. Ah, there, not far ahead in the sky, a familiar avian. A smile, a nod, Daga drifted toward the ground, waiting for Ufunuo to follow.

"Is this it--"

Ufunuo was suddenly silent as he drew near, purple eyes falling on a figure he had not seen in too long, one he feared he would never see again. Was it really her? Had Daga finally found her?

"U-Ubele?"

The lion sprung forward, lost sleep forgotten in an instead as he leapt to his lost twin. It was her, it really was! Before he even thought it, Ufunuo had already closed the distance between them, rearing onto his hind legs to wrap his paws around his sister. She was okay, it was really her, he had missed her so much.

Sherpuff

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:27 pm
Amon Larethian

Tears filled her eyes as Ubele finally recognized the figure in front of her. The one she was closer to than anyone else in the entire world. Her brother, her twin, her best friend.

She felt him wrap his paws around her and eagerly returned his embrace, sobbing into his fur.

"Brother, is it really you? I can't believe it!"

She had missed Ufunuo more than anyone else after the pride had disbanded. She'd searched for him for awhile, but had eventually given up due to her depression and guilt. A part of her had been scared and thought that he wouldn't want to see her. She'd been unable to hold the pride together after all, perhaps he hated her.

This loving embrace proved that wrong and a small part of Ubele's heart began to heal.

"It really is you, Ufunuo. After all this time."

Nearby, Huria puffed her feathers in delight, pleased as could be. She owed it all to Daga who had been the one to find her. Finally she was able to help Ubele.

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:02 pm
Of course he didn't hate her, he could never hate her. Ubele was his sister, his twin, she was more to him than he could have ever said. It was not her fault the quakes had destroyed their home and scattered their pride, how could she ever think it was?

"I can't believe you're here, I've missed you so much. I was afraid I'd never see you again."

He had felt lost for so long, alone, no idea if any of his family, if his sister, had lived or died. Tears formed in his eyes as he clung to her, a rush of emotion and relief flooding through him. He had so many questions, so many things to tell her. He had a home, love, a family to show her.

"So much has happened since I saw you. Where have you been? What have you been up to?"

He wanted to know everything, all that she had seen, every journey she had taken.

Nearby the crowned eagle smirked, how it warmed his heart to see the twins together again.

Sherpuff

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:41 am
Amon Larethian

It was difficult for Ubele to keep from sobbing in relief and overwhelming emotion. She'd missed her brother so much! She'd had no idea where he had gone to after the pride had scattered and she'd been unable to find him. But at last, he was here and they were together again.

"Oh Ufunuo, how I have missed you! Come, let us sit down and let me look at you!"

She moved to a comfortable spot and sat to help her shaking limbs. Her brother looked wonderful and healthy and she just had to know what he'd been up to all this time.

"Huria and I have just been wandering here and there since the....since we left home," she faltered before pushing through. "But what about you? You look so happy! Where have you been? How have you been?"

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:01 am
Ufunuo gave his sister a gentle reassuring nudge, his head lowered in an affectionate nuzzle. He followed, never more than a step away, settling to sit at her side when she did.

"I...wandered a lot, looking for you, looking for a place, wondering about father."

He looked to the distance for a moment, a rare look of sadness in his eyes. He knew his father was gone, that he would not return as he once had when they were children. When he looked back the sorrow had left, replaced by the optimism he had carried since he was a cub.

"I found myself here in these lands, and it felt like home, so we stayed. Daga has been searching for you, we never gave up."

And then that warm smile turned into the stupidly happy grin he must have had on his maw since he'd found out Ta was pregnant.

"You have to meet my family and my wife. We have cubs."

Sherpuff

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 4:44 pm
Amon Larethian

Huria chuckled to herself at the dumstruck look on her companion's face. Granted, she'd also been surprised to hear from Daga that Ufunuo had a new family, but it had been one of the driving reasons to bring the two siblings back together. If anything could help pull Ubele from her depression, discovering that she was a new Aunt certainly would!

"Cubs?! You have cubs?! Ufunuo, that is wonderful! I'm an aunt!" cried Ubele, grinning from ear to ear.

"And a mate, I must meet her! Good for you, brother," she laughed, nudging him playfully.

Her expression sobered, as familiar fear and doubt flooded in.

"Do you think they will like me? Will they accept me?" she asked, her voice small and meek.

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 8:12 pm
Ufunuo could not have smiled any broader, could not have been anymore ridiculously happy and proud than he was in that moment. His sister was here, with him, his twin had found him again. And she was going to meet his children and his love. Somehow, in his long journey, Ufunuo had found everything he had ever wanted.

"We have seven cubs! They are wonderful, and very noisy and full of energy. Two of them are twins, like us, and one of them, he looks like mother."

His head lowered, playfully nudging against his sister in affection and reassurance.

"They will be awake soon, you must meet them. I know that they will love you."

Of course they would, Ufunuo had no doubt.

The eagle shook his head, rolling his eyes a Ufunuo went on about his children. It was barely moments ago that the lion was grumbling about how tired he was and complaining that Daga had woken him up. Hah! He wasn't complaining now was he? A smile, it had been some time since Daga had seen such joy in his bonded.

Sherpuff

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 6:53 pm
Amon Larethian

Ubele blinked, mouth agape in astonishment. Seven cubs? Seven! Who would have thought her brother would have grown into such a wonderful father! He clearly had made a wonderful life for himself and she was so grateful to be reunited with him at last. She only hoped that she would be as lucky.

"Oh my goodness! How exciting! Can you imagine how overwhelmed father would have been with seven cubs?" she laughed at the thought. She missed Umoja every single day, but the pain was starting to soften around the edges.

"I cannot wait to meet them all! Tell me about your mate? Where did you meet her? What is she like?"

As she got excited, Ubele reverted back to her cub-like enthusiasm and bossiness, falling back into the same old relationship with her brother as though they had never been apart.

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 5:44 pm
Ufunuo laughed at his twin.

"I think he had his paws more than full with just us."

A distant smile cross his maw as he remembered days when he and Ubele were cubs. When he spent his time exploring their home lands and running after their father. He remembered how proud he had been when he and Daga had met, how he couldn't wait to show his father. He remembered hunting lessons with father, and he remembered the flowers he and Ubele had left for their mother when they'd learned she was gone. There was more joy than sorrow in those memories.

His head lowered, a playful nudge at his sister.

"Come on, I'll introduce you, and you can see what she is like for yourself. I'll tell you how we met on the way."

As he spoke, Ufunuo turned, prepared to lead his sister back to his den where his family waited.

Sherpuff

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff