Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Hepburn Home Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:01 pm

User Image❈✾
YANGQIAO YARROW YU

recent graduate || Changlong alumna || muggleborn
Association of Noodle Enthusiasts || Future Healers Club || Dueling Club || Music Club

Kam seemed confident. Was confident. He had a plan, and the logistics mapped so...Well, okay. Yang clung tight to that. She didn’t have the mental or emotional bandwidth to figure out more logistics. And more than anything, she trusted Kam. She knew he thought things through, and she knew he wouldn’t lie to her about this interview just to keep her company. For the first time since graduation, she felt...like there were options in her life again.

Packing was...not as bad as she had dreaded. There was an aim to this, and Yang moved methodically through spells to fold and pack. Clothes for England, then Venice. A few toiletries, utensils. Laptop, chargers, Muggle passport. She threw a few scrapbooks in there and a copy of Advanced Healing in case there was downtime or she just needed something to read. Her guqin, because duets at the Hepburn House had been great. Some other documents that were safer on her person than at home in case it got robbed. When she was finished, the apartment looked...larger. Neater. Yang murmured a cleaning spell over the walls and floors and sheets and the whole place looked almost new. Damn it, why hadn’t she done this before? She’d turned 17 a year ago. She could’ve done this at least once when her dad was around.

Yang pushed the welling regret aside and zipped up the duffel with basically her whole apartment in it thanks to a few spells. She double checked the doors were locked. By the time she got back, Kam had gotten the story from Iggy, and they were headed to the Ministry. She thanked him when she realized he’d taken her luggage. ”One last thing -- this convention cover story. Let me at least pay them back for that, okay? I can’t accept taking advantage of your company and house and funds.”. Once they came to an agreement, Yang nodded, then grinned at Kam’s pun. ”Dork,” she kid, then added: ”Shall we call it Harriet the Hair-iot?”

Then the portkey. She’d taken a portkey between campus a million times when the portals were down, so when they landed Yang was hit by a bout of nostalgia more than anything. She held a concerned arm out at Kam’s reaction, reaching for her bag with her other hand in case he needed something for the nausea.

But Kam seemed fine after a moment, and soon he returned Harriet Hair-iot and led her through the British Ministry of Magic. Yang had been here once briefly before, for questioning after the London Magical Creatures incident. But finally she was getting a proper tour. She trailed after him, and was as relieved to see Iggy as he was. Yang hugged Iggy after his twin. ”Iggy! Thank you. For everything.”

Kam’s phone exploded with alerts and Yang felt her mouth twitch up. It must be good to be back. This was home for Kam. She followed his lead, questioning Iggy as they made their way to Diagon Alley. “What have you been up to, Iggy? And how many dragons should I expect you’d adopted?” She

When they got to the Hepburn house, Yang paused to greet Kam’s parents as though it were just a temporary visit and she hadn’t been hanging with Kam all week. ”Thank you for letting me stay in your home. It’s great to have friends to visit in England.”

setting The Hepburn Home, Summer 2049 || with Kam, Iggy, Hepburn Family
wearing black shirt/skirt || status Back in England

Kungfudemoness

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
I turn another page of my biography
And all the mysteries begin to fall in place
I wonder why I wasted so much precious time
I'd never find my life inside this cluttered room
✾❈
~"Hysteria" by Nano.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:21 am
User Image

You and I in a little toy shop
                                          Buy a bag of balloons with the money we've got
                                          Set them free at the break of dawn
                                          'Til one by one they were gone.

Iggy was so excited that he had his brother back and that yang came to visit. Kam kept up the rise and iggy had planned all the cool things that happened at "Gamecon 2049". And totally acted as he had been gone for a while. Though he felt guilty because Kam deserved the hugs. While there was no guest room they did have a couch that could pull out to a bed.

"Oh Kam check under your bed mom got you some pickle potato chips. I had to hide and pretend I ate them." He said once they were out of parental earshot. Mom was banging around in the kitchen making something. And dad was trying to see if the pull out sofa worked and set up a makeshift bedroom for Yang "You guys got any plans? Oh Kam guess who scored an Interview ironically the same day as yours!" Iggy said totally stoked. Kam knew he had applied for the dragon research branch of the ministry. He hoped both would get a job in what they wanted.

If I could find a souvenir
                                                              Just to prove the world was here
                                                              And here is a red balloon
                                                              I think of you, and let it go

Miss Gryffindork
                                                              addaellis

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:39 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Home Sweet Home
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Yang & Iggy
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Arriving Safe and Sound
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I missed them all so much

Kam agreed to let Yang help with the paying back, provided he were allowed to help, since he felt guilty at having sprung it all on their friends last minute. Once they were settled and back in the Isles, they were able to give Iggy all the love he deserved. Yang asked how many dragons he'd adopted, and Kam laughed. "More worrisome, how many have you nested in my bed?" He laughed, cheeks hurting from smiling.

Once back at home, he did his best to pretend he'd been there all week, including preventing himself from giving his parents a huge hug! Yang thanked them for allowing her to stay, promptly earning a lot of happy, welcoming replies. Good ol' mom and dad, always rolling out the welcome wagon, even when friends were literally too big to fit in the door. After polite chatter, the three made their way into Kam's room, where they were probably going to spend a while. Iggy told Kam to look under the bed for a treat, so the older twin hurried to do so, before settling back with his tasty treat.

When Iggy asked about plans, Kam looked over at Yang, but luckily the younger twin kept going, this time happily talking about earning an interview. "No way!? Doing research for the Ministry? Awesome! We can go together, then." Another wild grin, but Kam was starting to settle into them. He had two of his favorite people around, and now, when they did their big dinner party, they'd probably have another reason to celebrate. After all, there was no reason Iggy wouldn't get the job.

Though, now it came time to explain their plans. "We were wanting... after the interview and results and stuff... to go to Venice. Yang's always wanted to go, and, well... I'd like to go too. Oh! But speaking of trips..." Kam hurried to grab his bag, rooting through to find what he was looking for. He handed Iggy a super plush Panda Stuffy, followed by one that looked like a more traditional Chinese dragon. He then offered a large bag filled with all sorts of neat snacks Kam and Yang thought Iggy would like. There were even a few egg-themed treats inside. Hopefully it helped make up for the stress he's undoubtedly thrown upon his brother...

addaellis

Kungfudemoness

Bʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴄʟᴏᴜᴅs ᴀʀᴇ ʙᴇʜɪɴᴅ ᴍᴇ, I ɴᴏᴡ ᴄᴀɴ sᴇᴇ ᴀʜᴇᴀᴅ. Oꜰᴛᴇɴ I ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇʀ ᴡʜʏ I ᴛʀʏ ʜᴏᴘɪɴɢ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀɴ ᴇɴᴅ
Sᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ᴡᴇɪɢʜs ᴍʏ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅᴇʀs ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀᴏᴜʙʟᴇ ʜᴀᴜɴᴛs ᴍʏ ᴍɪɴᴅ
Bᴜᴛ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀᴇsᴇɴᴛ ᴡɪʟʟ ɴᴏᴛ ʟᴀsᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴋɪɴᴅᴇʀ
Iᴛ's ᴛʀᴜᴇ, I'ᴠᴇ sᴇᴇɴ ɪᴛ ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ! A ʙʀɪɢʜᴛᴇʀ ᴅᴀʏ ɪs ᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ ᴍʏ ᴡᴀʏ
Tᴏᴅᴀʏ I'ᴠᴇ ᴄʀɪᴇᴅ ᴀ ᴍᴀɴʏ ᴛᴇᴀʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘᴀɪɴ ɪs ɪɴ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ
Aʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴍᴇ ʟɪᴇs ᴀ sᴏᴍʙᴇʀ sᴄᴇɴᴇ, I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴛᴀʀᴛ
Bᴜᴛ I ꜰᴇᴇʟ ᴡᴀʀᴍᴛʜ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ sᴋɪɴ, ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀs ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀʟʟ ᴀʟɪɢɴᴇᴅ
Tʜᴇ ᴡɪɴᴅ ʜᴀs ʙʟᴏᴡɴ, ʙᴜᴛ ɴᴏᴡ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴋɪɴᴅᴇʀ

Private Homes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash