Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands
[PRP - Bird] For the Birds (Skan x Gadane)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:11 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Things were going well enough, but nothing fully satisfied Skan. He was always looking for things hiding in the shadows; for unknown issues to crop out of no where and haunt his dreams. He had been raised in a warm family, but the knowledge that he had absorbed when he was young clung to him like burrs in fur. No matter how he tried to soothe his weary soul, he was always worried.

His worries had begun to turn towards his daughter, the alu'nadi of the clan. She seemed happy, but he would not openly admit that he still worried about her. Yinehi was long gone, and there was a part of him that would never truly get over her departure. Ever. And another part of him that could never fully forgive the Wolf clan for his perceived betrayal. He was to be the wise and stoic leader of all Ela'wadiyi, but he could not let himself loosen the shackles of bitterness that dragged his heels.

He walked quietly around the Bird clan, a clearly troubled look on his face. Most of the clan members knew to keep a bit of a distance from him when he looked so cross; it wouldn't do well if they said the wrong thing and received a curt reply instead of the warm acknowledgement that was due from the wanidatsi.

Oh...he needed to do something to get his mind off of these issues. He glanced skyward, mildly hoping that one of the messenger birds would report some frivolous issue so he could throw himself into a different pile of work.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:03 pm
User Image

Gadane had settled quite comfortably into the Bird Clan after the festival, leaving the Earth Clan behind hadn't been as hard as he expected. Of course he loved his family and his birth clan, but maybe there was just something about the nomadic lives they lived that prepared him for this kind of chance, or maybe he was just so happy to be with Dohi all the time now. He hadn't really thought about finding a wife and now that he had one, he wasn't sure how anything this wonderful could have happened on purpose.

He didn't want to get in the way of Dohi's day to day business, though, and she was pretty busy today.. so he was wandering a bit on his own. He'd been thinking for a while about the birds trained by the Bird Clan.. he'd only ever been able to do so much tending to the earth at home, this seemed a much more simple directive.

The only problem today was that Gadane couldn't find any birds that wanted to cooperate. He was a quiet lion but he was a hard worker, his determined look was probably not encouraging any of the feathered beasts nearby to come chat with him as he stared at the sky, thinking.

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:16 pm
Skan had spent a long moment looking towards the sky, but it was a rather quiet day. He could see a few of the birds out flying, though it appeared that they were flying for pleasure rather than work. It seemed there wouldn't be much for Skan to do to keep himself preoccupied today. A pity.

He glanced around, attempting to decide where to go next when his eyes landed on Gadane. He had not spent too much time with his new son-in-law, as he didn't want to be too overbearing over Dohi's husband and have her chide him until his ears fell off. In a way, part of Dohi's stubbornness against her father was due to his own choices in life, and he had been trying to ease up some of his stiffness to strangers. Gadane was Ela through and through, but change in his personal life wasn't easy for the wanidatsi.

"Ah...greetings, Gadane," Skan cleared his throat and greeted the male, nodding his head as he approached the pale male.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:26 pm
Gadane's ear twitched at the sound of someone approaching and he looked back down to the ground to see it was actually Skan who had found him. He didn't start but he did feel somewhat uneasy, he only hoped it didn't really show. Skan's reputation was a complicated one and it seemed like it was on purpose that Gadane had not seen much of his father-in-law since moving in. His guess was both Dohi and Skan were doing that on purpose so he was happy to let them sort it out.

"Hello, Skan, sir," he said respectfully, straightening up a bit and smiling, "What can I do for you?"

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:38 pm
Well, at least he didn't look too turned off by Skan approaching him. The wanidatsi was pretty skilled at reading body language, and he was used to the unease that he brought out in others.

"I was actually looking for some work, but it seems like many of the birds don't have any messages to carry to me today." He sighed, just slightly. "Perhaps that should be taken as a good sign, but I am used to throwing myself into my work."

He paused, letting the moment fill with a slightly awkward feeling. He cleared his throat again, offering a slight bob of his head again. He did not quite know how to talk to Gadane as someone who was not part of his family, but he needed to try. "I know Dohi is busy today, is that why you are out looking towards the sky as well?"  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:47 pm
"Oh."

He was rather surprised the wanidatsi didn't have a particular reason to approach him. The alu'nadi were always the least intimidating, perhaps not least since his old alu'nadi was the same age as him and his current alu'nadi was also his wife. The nvwati were more intimidating, especially in his clans since Adi'sa and Sahale were both older lions from well known families with long histories in their clans, but at least they were something normal to deal with.

The wanidatsi was different, though. It made him more intimidating to be like those nvwati but more. And being the overprotective father of his wife was just an added bonus.

"Yeah," he answered, smiling uneasily, "I'm not needed on the hunt today so I thought I'd try to learn more about the birds. The actual birds, I mean. But they don't seem too eager to chat with me."

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:06 pm
"Ah, yes. Some are more friendly than others. I'm sure you can guess that I don't have many that like to work with me, but they do their duty well enough and I try to treat them fairly." He knew that he would never completely change, but his age had made him reflect a bit more on his past choices. There were some hard decisions he had made that he would never change his opinion on, but the simplest thing he could do lately was to just be...nicer.

"I'm certain we could find one or two to acquaint yourself with, if you would like that." Skan glanced skyward again, trying to see if he could recognize any of the birds that were somewhat around. His eyes weren't as sharp as they once had been, and it was hard to recognize any of them when they could fly up so high into the sky. Unless... he wondered if any of the birds his mother had befriended were around. They were usually more willing to entertain Skan than those that had no ties to Wind.

"It would be good for them to know someone who did not grow up in Bird; I feel like it has been a while since we got to know someone from Earth."  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:14 pm
Gadane nodded. Dohi's bird was the only one he'd really had a good opportunity to meet, he hadn't needed to interact much with the birds travelling into and out of the Earth clan and he hadn't really thought to go out and make friends with random birds before now, either. Still.. it was a good reminder that they had varying personalities, too. And lives of their own. He wasn't actively frustrated by his failure so far today but it eased his disappointment, thinking on that.

"I would like that!" he said, his smile now sincere, "I've been in this area before but I've never paid attention to where the birds usually are, and I don't know if.. maybe they come out more when you're here?"

And suddenly, Gadane was unusually chatty.

"If the birds work with the Bird Clan, they must know more of us here," he said, glancing back around them and to the sky, searching for any sign of the birds, "I think they mostly left the Earth Clan alone."

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:51 pm
Skan chuckled. This felt like a rare opportunity to try to work with Gadane, to learn more about him in a more friendly way. Dohi would probably be surprised, but in a good way. Skan was trying. As long as no work suddenly cropped up in his face now, all would be well.

"They did, other than being used as a communications to ensure that all was well within the Earth clan. I'm sure Dohi will have you take a more hands on approach soon, so...let's see if we can find some birds to converse with. I'm sure there's a..." he glanced around, noticing that there was a tree not too far off. "We can go see if any are resting in that tree and try our luck? They'll at least have the decency to speak with us for a short bit, as we do care for them as best we can."

Skan was rather...hopeful that this would work out.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:16 pm
"OK!"

Gadane felt silly not thinking to look a little closer to the ground but he was glad he had Skan to help him out. Without his own parents and siblings here, Dohi's family was all the family he had and he was grateful this was rather pleasant. And if you were going to learn about birds from anyone, the leader seemed a lucky option.

"Lead the way, sir."

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out