Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Kieran Cottage

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

addaellis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:42 pm
Kieran Cottage

User Image

This is the home of Martin, Elysia, and Aidene Kieran , located outside of Godric’s Hollow, England.

The home is a cozy building built in a flat area just below a wooded rise on the outskirts of Godric's Hollow. Behind the house, the clearing that used to be a garden is starting to melt into the trees and countryside. A rough, brush-lined path connects the cottage to a more well-used trail. Godric's Hollow itself is about a 20 minute walk away, following this Serenity Trail. The Old Chance Cottage and Knapp House are about 5-7 minutes away, also along the trail.

Like modern muggle houses, the cottage is primarily powered by electricity, although it is also linked to the Floo Network. All the bedrooms are upstairs: Martin's room to the right of the stairs, Elysia's to the left and Aidene's at the end of the hall. The halls and walls are decorated with posters, some signed, of video games and an old TV show.

Muggle Address: 9 Serenity, Godric’s Hollow outer limits.
Muggle phones exist
Muggle post welcome. Might come to the town proper though.

Floo Address: "Firefly Cottage"
Apparation welcome anywhere outside or in the living/dining room
Owls welcome

Floor layout

User Image

User ImagexUser ImagexUser ImagexUser Image
Ground floor: Living/ dining room, kitchen, game room, bathroom

User ImagexUser ImagexUser Image
Second Floor: Aidene’s room, Elysia's room, Martin's room

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:43 pm
Residents:

MARTIN: Home / Game House (London) / Art Museum (Scarborough)
AIDENE: Home / Hogwarts / Clifton Hall (Nottinghamshire)

ELYSIA: Home / Quidditch (Kenmare) / Out Meditating
INTANA: Sleeping / Hunting / Playing Mailman  

addaellis

addaellis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:44 pm
User Image

• First established in 2019, the cottage was remodeled in 2041: The downstairs master bedroom was converted to a home theatre/ game room, and the upstairs bathroom space was converted into a third bedroom. Muggle utility infrastructure like electricity and plumbing was also updated.
  • A select few of the nearby trees are of wand or broom-quality wood, although they have gone untouched until the last few years.
  • All the windows are tinted and there is a minifridge stocked with blood pops and occasionally a small animal.

• The wifi network is "Leaf on the Wind", password "WatchHow1Soar". Interruptions in service may be due to magic.
  • Languages spoken include English, Irish Gaelic
  • Intana, Elysia's tawny owl, also roosts here, quietly eating prey or judging people.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:09 pm
User Image

Aɪᴅᴇɴᴇ Aᴢᴜʀᴀ Kɪᴇʀᴀɴ

fourth year || Ravenclaw || pureblood
Art Club seamstress || Astronomy Club baker || Adventurer's Guild paladin || Cooking Club pâtissière
Dueling Club duelist || Fencing club squire || Martial Arts Club founder || Quidditch beater

The door to the game room was left open, letting the smells of the kitchen waft over. Aidene glanced out the door with a face. She, not her dad, should be the one cooking lunch. She’d meant to make her favorite pasta carbonara dish, but she’d barely woken up twenty minutes before Talbot arrived, and had been scrambling to get dressed and finish a little surprise present ready.
Aidene turned away from her distractions with a determined and slightly mischievous grin. She spread a giant sheet of butcher paper on the giant coffee table in her home’s Game Room. ”So.Today’s strategy meeting is to discuss how to make bank because your Primary Mission Goal is to amass a lot and a lot currency.”

”All I know is it has something to do with this bosh’tet,” she continued, presenting Talbot with a cloth and buttons doll made to the likeness of one Terry Clifton -- aside from the mouth and eyebrows, which were just red sharpies drawn into a D:< face. ”I figured you’d spend more time destroying him than playing so I didn’t make any fancy clothes.” she explained. ”It’s therapeutic though, trust.”

She set a bowl of grapes for snacking on top, tossed a marker to Talbot, and brandished her own. She was partly through drawing a galleon onto the paper when she paused: ”Remind me again if you had a particular goal? Does it need to be wizarding currency? Or muggle money?”

User ImageUser Image User Image

I'm on fire with a blade.
You're about to hear my name
Ringing in your head like oh
So keep your eyes on me now
You'll like whatever you see.

~"Pop/Stars" by K/DA (ft. Madison Beer, (G)I-DLE, Jaira Burns) from League of Legends

addaellis

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:28 am

User Image
You'll never know
The ways your words have haunted me
I can't believe you'd ask these things of me
You don't know me now or ever
Soon my love, you'll see
You're just like me
Don't scream anymore, my love
'Cause all I want is you.

❅➳CELESTINA EPSIL HYUR

40 years || Gryffindor Alumna || halfblood
Artificer, Thief, former ice skater

The cold shouldn’t have bothered her -- Celestina spent most of her days in colder climates, skating on lakes in Switzerland. But the winter breeze felt like pinpricks on her face--on the face of a bartender in Sisikon. She was staying busy and content there. She hadn’t even considered touching foot in England for months; she wouldn’t be here now if she hadn’t had an urgent feeling that she was needed in Scarborough. She had arrived to find her stepfather had died.

I didn’t realize so many people knew and cared enough to come, Celestina mused, scanning the faces gathered. It wasn’t a very large gathering, and she assumed most of them were colleagues rather than personal friends. But it still warmed her to think that even someone as serious and solitary as Aspen Hyur had people who cared for his existence--or enough to stand through a cold winter’s day only a few days before Christmas.

She glared up at the pastor droning on. It hurt even now that Martin and Aidene were the ones saying the eulogies. It ought to be her-- she was the man’s stepdaughter after all. He’d raised her, not them. He’d taught her art and art history from him, taught her freedom on ice in skating. She knew his strengths and flaws, she had rebelled and reconciled with him--she was as close to a blood relative he had. Martin--he was only acquaintance with Aspen through her and only because of the child--

The child. After months of trying the blood of others for an experiment, Celestina had resigned herself to the note that this particular spell demanded the blood of family. Celestina knew the power of blood magic and dared not try it with her own. But there was technically one other person that shared her mother’s blood….

As the crowd made their way inside, seeking warmer surroundings, Celestina realized she was here for another purpose. There would never be a better time to catch the annoying girl off-guard. All she needed was a moment alone.

setting 20 December 2049, Scarborough Cemetery. || with Attendees of Aspen Hyur's Funeral.
appearance 5'6", 120 lbs || wearing Black coat and pants
status Funeral...and an opportunity.

I'm losing my mind
and you just stand there
And stare as my world divides
You belong to me
My snow while queen
There's nowhere to run
So let's just get it over
➳❅
"Snow White Queen" by Evanescence, piano cover by The Musical Midget

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:45 am
User Image

Aɪᴅᴇɴᴇ Aᴢᴜʀᴀ Kɪᴇʀᴀɴ

fifth year || Ravenclaw || pureblood
Art Club doodler || Astronomy Club pâtissière || Adventurer's Guild warlock || Cooking Club challenger
Dueling Club duelist || Fencing club senior || Fite Club founder || Quidditch beater

Aidene’s boots crunched through the snow as she trailed behind her dad. 2049 sucked, she decided.

It had started with Deepak’s death, partway through the semester. Suddenly--the Knapp House was burned, with Deepak still inside and Dominik barely escaping. No one was quite the same. And now her Grandpa Aspen was gone--Aidene’d gotten the news when she’d pulled into King’s Cross for the winter break. She hadn’t even gotten to say goodbye. Come to think of it, hadn’t Rhea’s Month Boy lost a grandfather this summer too? He still only wore black. 2049 was just a sucky year.

Aidene kicked the snow. Her dad was saying goodbye to people who had come. She knew a few people-- Grandpa Aspen’s boss, a few colleagues and fellow art friends. She even saw a familiar “Old Man” that she and Talbot owed--she hadn’t talked to him yet, but was wondering how he knew her grandfather. She glanced back. Yeah, she’d talk to him in a bit.

For now, Aidene told her aunt she’d be outside for a moment longer and walked back towards the coffin-in-the-ground. Cemeteries always brought a strange sense of calmness for her--it was the incense, she always figured. Like Aunt Elly used in meditation and prayer sometimes. Or picnics with her grandparents in the graveyard by Godric’s Hollow. She stared down at the coffin. There was no incense, but she still felt some comfort staring at the place where he would lay. It was still upsetting to imagine that the only thing she had left of Grandpa Aspen was the old doll she had made of him. “I hope you get reincarnated as a pretty nymph or a centaur,” she said, remembering an old conversation. “Or you go to that Heaven you believed in.”

Looking up, Aidene realized she wasn’t alone outside. Standing behind her was an unfamiliar man with shaggy brown hair and a long black coat. He seemed moved by the ceremony; Aidene thought he might have introduced himself as a former coworker? She wasn’t paying attention today.

Aidene moved aside with a final goodbye and was about to head in when the man spoke up. “He...he did a lot for me. He was..very good. Steadfast. True to his word. I...didn’t appreciate him. Not until I was older.”

“I get that,” Aidene replied softly. “He helped my dad raise me after my mum left.”

“Why--”

“She changed her mind.” Aidene didn’t like this topic, and this stranger hardly had the requisite hearts to unlock her backstory. “Who was he to y--”

She didn’t get to finish the sentence. The moment Aidene turned away again, the man dropped a wand into his hand and gestured with a nonverbal spell.

Aidene reacted faster than even she herself anticipated, flinching well away before she could tell if it was an object or a spell that had come from the man. “What the hell?”

But the unfamiliar stranger wasn’t talking pleasantries anymore. He fired another spell at her. In the same moment, Aidene leaped into the air, and her heel connected with the man’s chest. There was light pop in the moment of impact, and then both were gone.

-------------------

Aidene landed from her kick with her wand in her hand. She knew some magic had happened the moment she hit, beyond the wandless depulso she cast with the kick. She glanced around. They weren’t at the cemetery anymore. Apparation. She made out the person’s shape and threw out an “Expelliarmus!”

The man, already flung back, moved surprisingly fluidly out of the way as he reeled from the kick. A kick! Who did that in dueling? He danced a pace back as he brandished his wand: “Stupefy! Incarcerus! Stupefy! Everte Statum!”

Aidene hit the ground, rolling as the spells flew overhead. She felt bark scrape her stockings as the last spell sliced through the tree. Aidene pointed her wand at the snowdrift, and launched it up with a “Flipendo!” before darting for the next tree. Trees, in every direction. There was a pond not far ahead, and snow still covered the ground. It reminded her vaguely of the woods not far from Grandpa Aspen’s old house. Scarborough. But she couldn’t be sure. She sent a burst of red sparks into the air, vaguely hoping the muggles would just think it was New Years fireworks or something. Christmas fireworks. She didn’t have time to worry about the gorram Statute of Secrecy. She’d apologize later. The spell gave away her position, but she moved away. The moment she broke cover, she reflected a flipendo incantato with a ”Magis Clausus!”

There. An opening. As the stranger dealt with their own spell, Aidene burst from cover and unloaded a highly powered version of a favorite spell: “Aurumflamma!” A jet of golden fire burst from her wand, creating a trail of fire that roared forward. Besides the wake of melted snow and a few cinders on unfortunate trees, something else caught fire. “Defaeco Animus, Protego Insendium,” she murmured, moving her wand in a precise wave. A spectral spirit surrounded her, then a wave of warmth flickered over her skin as she gave chase.

The stranger had shed their coat, and sent a “Flamma Frigus” at her flame and ”Incarcerous” that came unerringly towards her. Thankfully, her shields caught the spell.

Aidene was closing the distance as they fought. The stranger backed towards the pond, sending another barrage of spells flying at her, which hit her spectral shield harmlessly. Aidene threw out an expelliarmus just as her opponent sent an explosion at her that knocked a burning branch into her arm, knocking her wand out of her hand. She yelped, but managed to maintain her shields and whirled, yanking her heels from a puddle of dirt and melted snow, and launched into a barrage of punches that sent the man scuttling back, not quite as gracefully as before.

“Incendio!” A single exclamation burst forward, the punch accompanied by a flame. The man pulled up a protego shield charm in time, stumbling for the water’s edge. Aidene mimicked what would have been her wand movement with an open-handed slash and jab: ”Adflicto Affligo!” As her spell shattered the shield, she sent another incendio-punch. Her foot darted out, tripping the man onto his back and knocking him partly into the water. ”Stand down,” Aidene warned, her stance clearly ready to strike. ”If the red sparks don’t catch any attention, I’m underage. Aurors will be here any moment.” She didn’t really know if the Trace worked like that, but she said the words confidently; she could only hope that her intimidation would work and someone was indeed coming.

The man glared back. He might have been trying to escape earlier, but now there was something intensely determined, like a thousand years of smoldering frustration, suddenly coaxed to an inferno. His eyes flickered away and summoned his wand with a gritted ”Accio wand.”. Aidene threw her arm up as though catching a bludger on her arm guards, reaching out to intercept her opponent’s wand-- but as her fingers made contact, a spark of lightning charged through the laurel wand. Aidene staggered back back from the shock. Her shield took the damage, but she still felt the shock. A gush of water from an aguamenti spell dissipated her fire shield, and an ”Obscuro” hit her between the eyes.

She heard a glacius as she pried the blindfold away in time to see the man transfigure his shoes to skates and make an escape across the now-frozen surface of the pond. Aidene summoned her wand back to her and kept her feet grounded firmly on land. “Lustro Circulus!” A large ring of crimson and gold fire flared up around the pond. The skater leapt, doding over the stream of fire with a spin. When he landed, he flourished his wand, conjuring a bow and quiver to hand.

Aidene had a terrible sense of who the man really was, but even as the realization dawned, she knew it didn’t matter: an opponent was an opponent. “Aurumflamma!”. Another trail of golden fire exploded across the pond. Screams pierced the air.

Aidene crumpled into the snow with pain as an arrow embedded itself in her leg. It was a physical arrow, not some kind of spell-- the arrowhead was buried in her thigh, just above her boots, and her stockings offered little in the way of arrow defence. Across the way, the fire dispelled in a cloud of steam. It would buy her a moment. She checked the injury, her eyes
stinging with tears. Wundus Healiom probably wouldn’t do enough. She would have to leave the arrow in. Aidene pulled herself to her feet and staggered for the cover of the treeline again. She heard the sound of a blade on ice and turned. Her spectral shield--what was left of it anyways-- might defend against a spell attack. She could probably use depulso or flipendo for another arrow. The attack sounded through the dissipating mist: a blanket Finite Incantatem followed by a ”Expelliarmus!”

The disarming spell hit her as soon as her spectral shield slipped away; the moment she felt her wand jump from her hand, Aidene let loose a wandless ”Depulso!”

As he recovered from the knockback, the mans’ face seemed to bubble and boil. His features softened and narrowed, his hair lightened and lengthened, and he shrunk a few inches, until he was only a little taller than Aidene. He-- no, she-- looked up. If the ice skating wasn’t enough of a premonition, Aidene recognized the face. It had been years since they last spoke, and her pictures no longer haunted Aidene in every mirror, but the person in front of her was unmistakably her mother.

Celestina was smiling in triumph. ”Petrificus Totalus.”

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Tell me where do I go
Tell me where do I take us
Your heart is starting to slow
May the water be safer
As I dive in

~"As We Fall" from League of Legends.

addaellis

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:51 am

User Image
You'll never know
The ways your words have haunted me
I can't believe you'd ask these things of me
You don't know me now or ever
Soon my love, you'll see
You're just like me
Don't scream anymore, my love
'Cause all I want is you.

❅➳CELESTINA EPSIL HYUR

40 years || Gryffindor Alumna || halfblood
Artificer, Thief, former ice skater

Celestina had half a mind to abort the mission when the child dodged her initial stun with instant reflexes. She fired off another stun just in case and apparated away, picturing the woods in Scarborough where she usually apparated from to return to Sisikon.

Then she was interrupted with a heel to her collarbone. Despite her greater bulk due to the polyjuice guise, Celestina felt a pang-- that had hurt more than she thought a mere kick could. More importantly, it meant Aidene had apparated with her. And of course the obnoxious “combat main” was gearing for a fight, starting with a disarming spell that nearly hit, had Celestina not been moving away already. She brandished her wand in return, years of dueling kicking in as she sent a barrage of slicing and stunning spells in return.

Celestina was surprised to be losing. As they dueled, she could see a fire in Aidene’s eyes that reminded her terribly of a picture of a determined girl in black Durmstrang robes who had their face -- Iselin. Celestina was a dancer on ice, but Aidene had clearly inherited Iselin’s dueling prowess. It wasn’t right. It wasn’t right. Aidene didn’t even know Iselin! But as they fought, she saw the same unwavering confidence and precise spellcasting that Iselin had demonstrated. Celestina set her jaw. She earned scorch marks and scratches, cutting through her clothes and skin. But she had to win this. She could.

Her head cleared the moment her feet touched ice. Digging the heel of her blade into the snow on the far side of the small pond, she shot a single arrow. She heard the scream as the arrow struck true, piercing whatever magical barrier the child had erected. The next moment, Celestina screeched herself: the stream of golden fire struck her bow. The wood lit up from within, bursting apart and blasting flamed and splinters around before she could dispel it.

Back on the other side, Celestina smiled in triumph, A rush of victory coursed through her. Finally. A victory! Celestina trembled with excitement. She had won. In a duel, in the end, she had won. She had finally, finally, finally gotten her victory after a lifetime of desperate trying.

Then she realized that the real Iselin was a corpse preserved in magical ice back in Sisikon. Celestina had beaten a fifteen-year-old girl. Sixteen? She didn’t care to count the years.

“Don’t try anything,” Celestina warned as the body on the ground snapped together with a successful body-bind. She seemed to realize the polyjuice potion had worn off. ”I gave life to you. I can take it away.”

Still, somehow, Aidene was trying, struggling to mutter a counterspell to the body-bind holding her. Predictably, Celestina simply cast another immobilization spell just in case and simply vanished the arrow lodged in her thigh. Blood started flowing, collecting in a flask.

"You didn’t need to die here. I only needed blood from you,” Celestina said, almost gently, as though that excused the fight and vanished arrow. But if the girl was dying, then she knew she had to get what blood she could. It would be the last chance. She looked away from the flow for a moment, speaking quietly. “You really look so much like my mother in her pictures. You could have been my ward and learned from me. I gave birth to you. Nine months of suffering: splitting headaches and stomach and back pain. Hours of healer checkups. Sixteen hours of contractions and pain and pain and pain-- can you imagine that? And in the end they had to literally cut me apart, pile my organs on my stomach, to take you out. I was numb for hours as they sewed me back together. And then the recovery afterwards. You wouldn’t even let us sleep. You never slept more than three hours at a time, and you cried, incessantly. You drooled and cried and screamed and whined. When Delia’s baby was born, he was an adorable little button. You were a monster.”

A sudden feeling made Celestina look up, scanning the treeline for movement. She didn’t see any, but she trusted her intuition. It wasn’t safe to linger longer. She gathered what blood she could, and checked that the immobilization would hold. She raised her wand, but couldn’t bring herself to cast the killing curse. The girl was dead anyways. Celestina wasn’t sure if she was still conscious. Then with a quiet pop, Celestina vanished.

setting 20 December 2049, Woods outside Scarborough. || with The child.
appearance 5'6", 120 lbs || wearing Black coat and pants , very tattered.
status A pity.

I'm losing my mind
and you just stand there
And stare as my world divides
You belong to me
My snow while queen
There's nowhere to run
So let's just get it over
➳❅
"Snow White Queen" by Evanescence, piano cover by The Musical Midget

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:55 am
User Image

Aɪᴅᴇɴᴇ Aᴢᴜʀᴀ Kɪᴇʀᴀɴ

fifth year || Ravenclaw || pureblood
Art Club doodler || Astronomy Club pâtissière || Adventurer's Guild warlock || Cooking Club challenger
Dueling Club duelist || Fencing club senior || Fite Club founder || Quidditch beater

”Evanesco.”

Instead of the killing curse, Celestina simply waved a vanishing spell over the arrow, leaving no trace of it besides a gaping wound in the Aidene’s femoral artery.

Aidene was terrified. She didn’t want to die, She didn’t want to die. She had a date on Thursday. They were supposed to have DnD on New Years. She still had to get her black belt. She still had to bake Brook and Rhea’s wedding cakes. She still had to ace her DADA N.E.W.T. and impress Professor Cohen. She hadn’t even 100% completed Skyrim. She didn’t want to die. She couldn’t die here! She felt a whimper in her throat and swallowed it. Aidene took a deep, frozen breath that felt more like breathing in glass chips than air and glared resolutely down the length of the wand pointed at her. Her senses were fading to black rapidly. But she wouldn’t give her mother the satisfaction of a whimper.

Aidene’s head was spinning, and she could only hear half of what Celestina was saying through the pounding of her own heartbeat. She could feel every last drop of air in her lungs. Her eyes blinked, and she wasn’t sure if everything was hazy because of tears or just her head not being entirely present. She couldn’t move, but she could feel the warmth of her blood, dripping through her leg and knee. She could feel the cold of the snow, seeping through her stockings. She was bleeding out. She imagined her HP bar, not just slowly ticking but shrinking. She felt every painful second and every bit of resistance as she fought against the paralysis.

”F-F-Finite,” she finally managed, and felt the body-blind relax. She needed her wand. But her limbs wouldn’t respond. At some point she imagined someone was talking to her. Someone had found her? Maybe she was in-between life and rebirth or something. She struggled to find sound for words. ”Please--Please. I don’t want to die.”

Tell me where do I go
Tell me where do I take us
Your heart is starting to slow
May the water be safer
As I dive in

addaellis

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:07 am
User Image
                                                    On a cobweb afternoon,
                                                    In a room full of emptiness
                                                    By a freeway I confess
                                                    I was lost in the pages of a book full of death;
                                                    Reading how we'll die alone.
                                                    And if we're good we'll lay to rest,
                                                    Anywhere we wanna go.

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════

𝔓𝔲𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡 || 𝔑𝔬𝔵 ℭ𝔩𝔞𝔫 || 𝔇𝔲𝔯𝔪𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔞𝔫𝔤 𝔄𝔩𝔲𝔪𝔫𝔦

════════════════════════

Lore had stood at the funeral, a silent spectator to a family grieving for their lost member. He'd known the man for years since being back in England, posing as a historian of sorts when he was investigating the disappearances of vampires in the area and ultimately striking up an unlikely friendship with the man. Aspen had been an interesting muggle, and Lore had been surprised to discover that he knew about wizards and magic. Now, however, yet another relationship had ended in death in Lore's long life and he had come to pay his respects to the man.

Sighing, he turned from the spectacle, deciding to take a stroll through the woods. He figured he'd give the family his condolences and leave soon thereafter, glad that he'd been able to attend. Now he had to debate precisely what he was going to do now. He'd managed to buy Talbot's family home from the bank and was even now considering taking in his distant relation, but that wasn't exactly what he wished to do for the rest of his night. Sitting in the dark alone never did him any favours, and while he could work on a new wand for one of his clan members, he wasn't particularly inspired quite yet. The night was still young enough, he figured that he could simply reflect on his friend's life and put his memory to rest.

He hadn't gotten too far into the woods, weaving through the trees, when he glanced up toward the sky. The stars were particularly interesting that night, though he could hardly see as many as he did during his youth. Light pollution, a product of the twentieth and twenty-first centuries, of course, masked a good many of them. However, the unexpected sight of red lights in the sky gave him pause, and Lore cocked his head to the side, frowning. That was certainly unusual, and Lore decided to track where the lights were.

As he drew closer, the sharp tang of iron drifted to him on the breeze, and the vampire quickened his steps. He didn't need to feed, having forgone the usual hunt he would have had that evening and instead drinking from a blood bag. While detestable, it certainly served its function and allowed Lore to be around humans without feeling the urge to feed. However, spilled blood always caused his fangs to twinge, and as he broke through the trees to the edge of a pond, he came up short. A girl, lying on the ground, with a growing pool of blood surrounding her.

Lore cast his gaze this way and that, trying to find the perpetrator, and then let himself slip into the past, trying to discern exactly what happened. The girl and her sudden appearance with some unknown individual, the fight that ensued, the blow that had ultimately been the end of the fight. There was no sign of the arrow when he looked around, but the girl was certainly losing blood, and fast. He doubted there was any spell in his arsenal that could save her. Already he could hear her heart slowing, and when he heard her whisper, her plea for life, Lore grit his teeth. The woman who had claimed to be her mother had done this, and Lore found that the only way he could think of saving her was to give her new life. Unlife. It wasn't an ideal situation, but there was no one that could save her life. Not at this point.

Dropping down, he ignored the blood and found himself grateful that he had fed, though he knew that he'd have to feed again soon after. He took in her pallor, her breathing, and shook his head.
                                                    "This might not be what you wished for, but this is likely the only thing that can save you. I do apologize." He then gathered her in his arms and tilted her head back enough so he could finish draining her. Her pulse was already weak, and while he took only enough to get her to the point she could be turned, it wasn't much.

He withdrew from her then, taking off his jacket and rolling up his sleeve quickly enough to reveal his wrist. He then sank his teeth into it and placed it at her lips, using his other hand to urge her to drink. When she finally started, he allowed himself to look around the clearing. No one yet, and no threat present. That wasn't to say that the woman wouldn't be back. Tilting his head back, he looked toward the stars again, wondering precisely what the motive behind this was, and why. He knew he was making another fledgling, and he also knew that he would have to answer her questions. The woman, on the other hand, was a problem, and he;d have to keep an eye out for her in the future.

════════════════════════

Location: Woods outside Scarborough
                                                    Thinking: This is a new complication.
                                                    OOC: Sorry this is late o3o;;;

-◎-

And on I read until the day was gone;
                                                    And I sat in regret of all the things I've done;
                                                    For all that I've blessed, and all that I've wronged.
                                                    In dreams until my death I will wander on.

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:42 am
User Image

Aɪᴅᴇɴᴇ Aᴢᴜʀᴀ Kɪᴇʀᴀɴ

fifth year || Ravenclaw || pureblood vampire
Art Club doodler || Astronomy Club friend || Adventurer's Guild warlock || Cooking Club challenger
Dueling Club duelist || Fencing club senior
|| Fite Club founder || Quidditch beater

There was the taste of metal in her mouth. Nothing existed but the tang of thick coppery liquid pulsing down her throat.

Then there was the heat-- it was like swallowing fire without smoke, and she wanted to gag or cough, but her body couldn’t quite figure out how to work, and continued to swallow. The liquid was acrid-- sharp, sour, and suffocating. And something was burning. She wasn’t sure if it was herself or the liquid itself, maybe the tissue lining her throat, maybe just her imagination playing a tricks on her, but it hurt.

Part of her wanted the pain to stop-- stop, stop, pause, stop!. But another part clung to that pain-- It was a blaze that spread agonizingly slowly through the darkness, leaving a wake that felt like a thousand needles stabbing their way through the inside of her body. But with each choking swallow, each breath of fire, each needle, she remembered her desperation to live.

Then light. She jerked upright-- or did she? Aidene felt simultaneously like she had only just closed her eyes and like she was waking from a deep sleep. There was moonlight--bright, entirely too bright--snow. Skin. Movement. Her eardrum fluttered to the whisper of a breeze. Something grazed her arm, light like micropolyesters. No, it was just a breath of chilly winter air. She blinked. A person. A face. Red. Blink. A person. A face. The crack of blades on ice. Cold, like a knife in her leg. A roar, crashing through her ears. A flood, forcing its way through her arteries. A shriek, a whimper. Heat, dizzying heat, pounding in her skull. Blink blink blink. There was no hole in her leg.

”W-w-wha--”

Her pathetic attempt at a word cut off with a breath. Air was a sword, and breath was a knife through the branches of the lungs. Her vision swam. Every microsaccade slowed to an eon, and everything narrowed to a point, like everything was trying to be pulled into focus at once. Then world lurched, and everything was moving too fast. She had been at a funeral. It was daytime. No, evening. A family in black. More people. One person. A coffin. A different coffin. A heartbeat. Her heartbeat? She didn’t have a heartbeat. Did she? Aidene couldn’t tell through the pounding in her bones, like drums in the marrow, rumbling like lightning-- where was she? What was going on?

And then she was back back to blood-- that was the all-consuming metallic taste in her mouth. She tried to move away, but as much as felt like fire being dumped into her stomach, the thirst was overpowering, clawing at her lungs. She drank by the gobletful, and each gulp tasted like acid, seeping into her cells and spreading fire and pain and confusion.

It felt like hours before she was able to control her limbs enough to tear herself away and feel something besides fire in every capillary. The world’s graphics felt like they were still loading, her voice was too loud in her ears, and it was like first getting control after a too-long cutscene-- she wasn’t entirely sure what the controls were, and all she could do was spam the keys and figure something out. Or in this case, she glanced about, trying to take everything in, trying to remember, trying to figure out what was happening, where she was, who this person was. Aidene managed to form words: ”What happ--where--what’s--who--” she flinched away a little, instinctively reaching for where her wand should have been. She surprised herself with how fast her legs snapped back in the snow and her fingers curled into fists when she realized her wand wasn’t there. Her memories were still configuring, but she realized she recognized the person before her. But more importantly: ”You’re not her.”

//OOC: I wasn't exactly sure how long the process would take and how conscious she'd be, so went with just this! She'll recognize him in a moment and be even more confused XDXD Please let me know if I can edit or if there's stuff I should know going forward!
[quotez="Diamond Wales"]

Bloodstains washing underneath the waves
I'll be reaching out to keep you safe (as we fall)
I can't hold on much longer
We're drifting down to the other side
Tried to pull us under
Keep holding out for the other side

addaellis

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:31 pm
User Image
                                                    On a cobweb afternoon,
                                                    By a freeway I confess
                                                    Anywhere we wanna go.

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Lore had returned his attention to the girl, watching patiently as she drank. He could feel it leaving his body, and he didn't pay attention to the blood around him in the snow, knowing that his own hunger was growing. When she finally tore herself away from his wrist, he cocked an eyebrow, watching her reaction. Her first question was garbled, disjointed, but her second statement wasn't. Lore pressed his thumb against his wrist, watching her closely as he waited for his own bleeding to stop. "No, I am not her, if by her you are referring tot he woman that attacked you. She's no longer present, though I don't know where she is."

He stood as smoothly as he could, ignoring the slight light-headedness from blood loss. It wasn't enough to knock him out of commission, but the girl had been nearly bled dry before he had taken from her, so she had, in return, taken more from him than normal turnings usually did. He studied her for a moment, suddenly aware that she appeared to be familiar before realization hit. "You're Talbot's friend, correct? I wasn't aware that you were related to Aspen Hyur. Interesting." If nothing else, that meant that, in a way, a part of the man would survive through one of Lore's fledglings. A curious occurrence, no doubt, as he had never felt the urge to turn anyone he'd befriended. Still, he wondered what Aspen would feel to know that Lore wasn't human, and had turned one of his own. Likely relief, if he was glad that Lore had saved her life.

He glanced at his wrist, aware that the wound had finally closed before he returned his gaze to the girl. He hadn't bothered to learn her name before, but it certainly was something he needed to learn. "I'm not sure if you recall, but my name is Lore. Leader of clan Nox. A clan of vampires." He paused, watching her face carefully before he dropped the biggest bit of news. "You, my child, were at the verge of death when I came across you. You asked for life, and I gave it to you. It might not be the life you would have preferred, but it is life nonetheless. You are now like me, a vampire."

════════════════════════

-◎-

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:25 pm
User Image

Aɪᴅᴇɴᴇ Aᴢᴜʀᴀ Kɪᴇʀᴀɴ

Art Club doodler || Astronomy Club friend || Adventurer's Guild warlock || Cooking Club challenger

Aidene blinked at the man when he spoke, as though surprised he could reply. Everything still sounded particularly loud, but she could make out meanings. Her eyes flicked around the area again. Snow. Water. Night and stars. Trees. Memories rushed back in a jumble that she couldn’t quite parse right now. But the important information was confirmed: Celestina was gone. The man didn’t know where she had gone.

He moved smoothly to a stand, and Aidene moved back again, stumbling in the snow until she managed the motor control necessary to stand. Moving made the world spin again and she felt rather like she was playing QWOP: Virtual Reality edition. The man spoke again and she snapped her gaze up. Bad idea. ”How do you know Talbot? Or--” She cut off again, as the head pounding dizziness made way for another barrage of disjointed memories. Grandpa Aspen was dead. She had been at his funeral. She had recognized this man there and wanted to ask how he knew Grandpa Aspen.

”You’re the old man who didn’t want cake!” she vocalized, triumphant she’d recognized him. Then her expression knitted into more confusion. Words--old words she had meant to ask-- came back to her. ”Grandpa Aspen was my step-grandfather. He helped my dad raise me after my mum left. You were at the funeral. Who was he to you? Who are you?”

Aidene broke off with a cough. Speaking was weird. The back of her throat felt like sandpaper, and the parched feeling was returning. She was obviously confused. But she stood her ground this time when he turned his gaze on her. He introduced himself. Lore, leader of Clan Nox…vampires...vampires?!. The v between her eyes grew more pronounced as her confusion dug deeper. She tried standing straight again before she heard his next words:

"You, my child, were at the verge of death when I came across you.”

More memories. She remembered a spark off a pale colored wand that jolted like a current through her. She remembered an arrow . She remembered darkness, and nothing but the desperation to live. She believed him, strangely calm words and all.

"You are now like me, a vampire."

”...Vampire?” She tasted the words on her tongue, more confused than skeptical: she had only just thought to believe Lore. Aidene was quiet for a moment, eyes flickering around the scene. There was blood all over the snow, and her dress and stockings were matted and sticky in places. She nodded slowly: That was her blood. She had lost--she had died. And Lore had given her another chance at life. ”I’m a...vampire? So...like.. ‘drinks blood not food’, ‘age cap removed’, and ‘allergic to sunlight, garlic... filtered water and plus signs’?”

It explained the feeling in her throat-- thirst. It probably explained the wonky vision and the nearly overwhelming dizziness. She didn’t know quite how to feel or process this information, but felt a sense of panic welling up in her. She didn’t know anything about vampires. She knew vampires existed in the magical world, but she just hadn’t paid very much attention to them as she didn’t think of herself as knowing any very closely. She didn’t know how this was going to change things. She was back to the loading screen, and the tooltip was written in blood.

”Why? Why did you save me?” Aidene asked again, softly, but Lore had answered this question already. She’d asked to live. She must have been conscious sometime between the arrow and the darkness. Before the blood. ”Thank...thank you, Mr. Lore,” she said slowly. “I...it seems I owe you another debt.”

She wiped the corners of her eyes with a sleep and took a deep breath to look up at Lore’s face again. He had introduced herself again. ”I’m...still me, right? My name was Aidene.” she didn’t like the past tense. She introduced herself normally: ”Aidene Azura Kieran, cooking and combat main.”

Tried to pull us under

addaellis

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:19 pm
User Image
                                                    On a cobweb afternoon,
                                                    By a freeway I confess
                                                    Anywhere we wanna go.

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Lore's lips twitched into a smile as she asked how he knew Talbot. It had been tricky to find out who the boy was, as he hadn't kept track of all his descendants, but luckily purebloods still kept records of their family trees. Likely to make sure that they didn't marry muggles or magbobs. He still found the idea silly, but mostly because back in his day, there had been no Statute of Secrecy to worry about. "Talbot is... a rather distant descendant of mine. I hadn't thought to look that up until recently."

He studied her then, noting how she seemed to be unsteady. At her declaration of knowing him, he gave her a slight smile, before answering her question as to how he knew her grandfather. "He and I were colleagues of a sort. I happen to know quite a bit of history due to my long life, and he was happy to hear what I knew about events. He never knew what I am." And, if Lore was being honest with himself, he'd rather Aspen had never known. Now, however, it appeared that he found himself Aspen's granddaughter's caretaker of a sort, and Lore could only imagine what that might pertain.

As the girl asked many things about vampirism and why he saved her, Lore could only raise an eyebrow, though thankfully it seemed she must have recalled her earlier plea. Or at least believe his claim. He could only imagine what was going through her head as she thanked him. "I wouldn't call it a debt. I don't barter lives like that. Suffice it to say that I extended you an invitation to join my family, of sorts. As for your information about vampires, it's not quite accurate. Sunlight isn't an allergy, it's actually quite deadly, and garlic is rather strong, which makes it rather unpleasant to be around. Filtered water and 'plus signs'," he made quotations with his fingers, "are nothing more than muggle propaganda. Absolutely nothing to worry about."

He paused as she asked if she was still her, and revealed her name. Of course, that would be something she was worried about. He bent down to retrieve his jacket, shaking it out a bit before he looked at her fully. "Are you still Aidene? That is not up to me to decide if you're no longer yourself. All I can say is that you are part of a much larger family than you can probably imagine, but that doesn't change who you are. Unless you would prefer a new identity?" He shrugged, slipping into his jacket and frowning down at the blood covering his clothing. He'd have to change before he went to feed tonight, apparently. Which, that meant that he'd have to take Aidene with him for her first hunt. Certainly more than what he wished to do that evening.

"I would say that we have all evening to answer your questions, but sadly, we both have something we must do before then. To save your life, I had to drain what little blood you possessed from you and gave you some of mine." His gaze studied her, considering. "We both must replenish the blood that was used tonight, and that requires me to teach you how to feed. I do hope you aren't squeamish, as this can get a bit messy, especially for a fledgling such as yourself. If we don't, you'll likely try and attack any human close to you for sustenance. That, I cannot sit back and abide." Secrecy aside, he still was a representative of the Council. He'd hate to have to investigate his own fledgling for accidentally murdering someone because of a feeding frenzy.

════════════════════════

-◎-

addaellis

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:45 am
User Image

Aɪᴅᴇɴᴇ Aᴢᴜʀᴀ Kɪᴇʀᴀɴ

Lore explained that by turning her he had offered her an invitation to his family. Talbot’s family, she thought. It was comforting she wouldn’t be alone and would have a vampiric family...but the thought sent a pang through her chest.

Family. That had always just been her dad, and sometimes Aunt Elly and Grandpa Aspen. And maybe, she and Rhea had schemed, maybe they would be family too, if their parents got remarried. But family meant they would actually be around to eat or game or joke together. Family meant they couldn’t refuse piggyback rides, and could never stop lecturing you about sleep schedules, even if they got tired of it themselves. It also meant you didn’t kill each other, but she didn’t figure she had to spell that one out. Was all that what being part of a vampire family meant too? Part of...a clan? Lore asked if she would prefer a new identity.

”No. I liked--like my identity. Who I am,” She said quickly, with almost a breath of relief. Am. Not was. ”Thank you then, for...the invitation.”

Sunlight was lethal. Garlic was uncomfortable. The rest was muggle propaganda. Hah! She reached for the skin-friendly ink pen she kept with her wand. Aidene tried to remember or mark down all these things about her new race. But everything still felt a little weird: her senses were still freakishly clear, like she was in some strange high-definition virtual reality. The rest of her body felt oddly still. Maybe her senses would return to normal eventually, and that was when she would wake up. But the memory of the blood--the transformation-- had been very real and very painful. She managed to finally stand straight and shoved the imaginary gravel in her throat back to ask more questions:

“Does Talbot know? Can my dad know? Or Aunt Elly? And my friends-- can I tell them? Are they...welcome in your family? Or at least to know about it? Who else should I know? How--how old are you really?” Aidene blurted midway through. The lightheadedness and the burning along her tissues were growing in force, and the wasn't sure whether to credit it to more questions, the panic returning or if that was just how bloodthirst felt like. Definitely not a dream.

Thankfully, Lore knew what was going on. He explained they both needed to feed, otherwise she--a fledgling? Ah. Noob vampire-- might attack any human nearby. She agreed-- that could not be permitted. She took another deep breath. ”Right. No, I’m not really squeamish. I'll be okay. Just...a moment please.”

Aidene opened her hand again and focused on the image of her wand. ”Accio wand.” Thankfully, the short wand came flying directly back to her, unharmed. Another spell for her phone, but after a second she realized it was further than the immediate vicinity-- she must have dropped it before the fight. Okay. She’d have to get in contact with her dad later. After feeding. Before sunlight. Another breath, less trembling. She wasn’t alone. ”Okay. Let's do this.”

Tried to pull us under

addaellis

Private Homes

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items