Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Yuggy Yam House Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:47 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Hong Kong
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Yang
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Preparing for the Day
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I don't like those old people at all

Kam felt a tremendous weight lift from his shoulders when Yang said he did well. After her call, which was filled with more sighs than words, he swore, she started them on their trip. "I honestly have no idea what tiao is, but if you like it, I'm sure I will too. And soymilk is pretty good. Well, what we have in the isles is good. I'm not sure if it's different here, though. I do like noodles, which I know you like too, Miss Noodle Enthusiast." He nudged her gently, sending a bright smile. He really loved her smile and, despite all the sadness going on, he was hoping to see it again.

----------------oOoOoOoOo----------------

Over the next few days, Kam did his best to learn as much about Yang's life and culture as possible. It was really fascinating to learn about the world through the eyes of someone who experienced it every day. After a filling dinner, he noticed he was being looked at, so he looked over at the girl who had just finished yet another phone call. This time, she said it was done finally. He sent a small smile over, hoping to cheer her up a bit. She slowly sank to the floor, staring off into the distance.

Kam sat down in the floor beside Yang, wrapping an arm around her. Just like his dad would do when he was sad, he pulled her closer to his side, snuggling her to make sure she knew he was there. "I'm sorry. I know I don't really have the same experience, but I can say that your memories will always be there to keep him alive. I do really wish I got a chance to meet him. He sounds wonderful. Then again, anyone who could raise someone as nice as you must've been a good person." He looked over to the wall where she was staring, sighing softly.

When Yang stood, Kam pushed himself to his feet. She looked at something next to a poster of Venice, which was something that had struck his attention early on. At her question, Kam tilted his head. "They're cheaper, but you can sometimes find really nice airline deals. Why? Are you thinking of going?" He gestured over to the poster, looking over at Yang. "If you do, can I go? I've always wanted to see Italy. There's a ton of history there and I really want to see the museums." He paused for a second, suddenly looking a bit ashamed. "S-sorry. You probably have a really important reason to go. I just wanna check out museums and stuff."

{{OoC: Also using Italics for Chinese b/c can't be bothered to translate myself}}
addaellis

Bʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴄʟᴏᴜᴅs ᴀʀᴇ ʙᴇʜɪɴᴅ ᴍᴇ, I ɴᴏᴡ ᴄᴀɴ sᴇᴇ ᴀʜᴇᴀᴅ. Oꜰᴛᴇɴ I ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇʀ ᴡʜʏ I ᴛʀʏ ʜᴏᴘɪɴɢ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀɴ ᴇɴᴅ
Sᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ᴡᴇɪɢʜs ᴍʏ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅᴇʀs ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀᴏᴜʙʟᴇ ʜᴀᴜɴᴛs ᴍʏ ᴍɪɴᴅ
Bᴜᴛ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀᴇsᴇɴᴛ ᴡɪʟʟ ɴᴏᴛ ʟᴀsᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴋɪɴᴅᴇʀ
Iᴛ's ᴛʀᴜᴇ, I'ᴠᴇ sᴇᴇɴ ɪᴛ ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ! A ʙʀɪɢʜᴛᴇʀ ᴅᴀʏ ɪs ᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ ᴍʏ ᴡᴀʏ
Tᴏᴅᴀʏ I'ᴠᴇ ᴄʀɪᴇᴅ ᴀ ᴍᴀɴʏ ᴛᴇᴀʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘᴀɪɴ ɪs ɪɴ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ
Aʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴍᴇ ʟɪᴇs ᴀ sᴏᴍʙᴇʀ sᴄᴇɴᴇ, I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴛᴀʀᴛ
Bᴜᴛ I ꜰᴇᴇʟ ᴡᴀʀᴍᴛʜ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ sᴋɪɴ, ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀs ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀʟʟ ᴀʟɪɢɴᴇᴅ
Tʜᴇ ᴡɪɴᴅ ʜᴀs ʙʟᴏᴡɴ, ʙᴜᴛ ɴᴏᴡ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴋɪɴᴅᴇʀ

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:18 am

User Image❈✾
YANGQIAO YARROW YU

seventh year || Changlong || muggleborn
Association of Noodle Enthusiasts || Future Healers Club || Dueling Club || Music Club

Yangqiao could vaguely feel Kam’s warmth when he sat by her, but she was more or less lost in her own thoughts. He has reassurance for her: that her memories would still be there. They just...felt so few and so trivial. ”I think you met him once, over a call last year,” she murmured absent-mindedly. ”I should’ve let you guys talk. He would’ve liked you, I think. He called you my pen-pal friend.”

She turned to face him once, briefly: ”Thank you. For being here. For coming here. For listening. You and Yuhei have been my rocks in all this and just..thank you.” She squeezed him a little, then went back to muling through memories and dreams.

She stood up and asked Kam about portkeys. He mentioned airline tickets could be cheaper. They’d already bought these airline tickets...but she could ask the airline to move their tickets up. Kam mentioned he’d always wanted to see Italy-- the history and the museums--Yang snapped her eyes up, a glint of excitement in her expression. Wasn't that perfect? Then Kam backtracked, embarrassed. ”I'd welcome the company actually," she replied with a sort of sad smile. "Venice--we were just going to hit the tourist spots anyways. My parents had this whole plan--" she cut off from rambling about it, remembering something Kam had admitted in the short few days he'd been here. "But it's fine. The only plane ticket we're finding now is one back home--unless you have a portkey back ready. You have an interview you need to get back for, Mister."

setting Home/ the Apartment in Hong Kong || with Kam
wearing black (left) with black slacks || status Life...goes on.

Miss GryffindorK

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
I turn another page of my biography
And all the mysteries begin to fall in place
I wonder why I wasted so much precious time
I'd never find my life inside this cluttered room
✾❈
~"Hysteria" by Nano.

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:35 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Hong Kong
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Yang
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Formulating Plans
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? This is a solid idea!

Kam nodded along when Yang mentioned his vague meeting of her father once, via phone. He grinned when Yang said they would've liked each other. It was something he'd been thinking about too. "I think... I think I would have. The way you talk about him - the way you've always talked about him - makes me think he was a really wonderful man." He exhaled softly, trying to align the conversation to a more positive note while still providing support to his grieving friend.

When Yang thanked him, Kam allowed a small, careful smile to grace his lips. This summer hadn't gone to plan at all, yet... he wouldn't change a thing. "That's what friends are here for. Besides, there's nowhere else I'd rather be than right here, by your side. I'll always be here to listen, to hug, to... well... anything you need. I promise." He grinned over at her, this one showing his determination to the promise he offered. Over the last few years he'd really come to learn how important friendships truly were... and it only took Iggy falling off the roof to see it.

Once they were standing and discussing travel, Yang said she'd welcome his company along. That brought a wide grin to the brunette's face. She really wanted him to join her? It would be so cool. She continued speaking, this time mentioning that her parents had had a plan. When he was about to mention going to the Ministry in China to get a Portkey to Italy, she turned and mentioned getting a plane ticket... or portkey back to England. She pointed out his interview and he chuckled softly. "It's not for another two days, but you're right. I would like to make the interview on time. Oh!" His face lit up as an idea dawned upon him. "If you'd like, you can come stay with us! You can take my bedroom, I'm sure Iggy wouldn't mind having a bunk-mate! We used to love sharing a room. Plus, that would get me home in plenty of time and you can more officially meet the rest of the so-called 'Super Seven'." He wanted to add that it might be good to get out of the house a bit, or that she might get some better advice from his own mum, but those thoughts would remain unspoken. "It would be my honor, Miss Yu, if you would join me for a small English vacation before we depart to Venice. Besides, I know more about getting portkeys from the English Ministry, so that should make things less tricky."

{{OoC: Also using Italics for Chinese b/c can't be bothered to translate myself}}
addaellis

Bʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴄʟᴏᴜᴅs ᴀʀᴇ ʙᴇʜɪɴᴅ ᴍᴇ, I ɴᴏᴡ ᴄᴀɴ sᴇᴇ ᴀʜᴇᴀᴅ. Oꜰᴛᴇɴ I ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇʀ ᴡʜʏ I ᴛʀʏ ʜᴏᴘɪɴɢ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀɴ ᴇɴᴅ
Sᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ᴡᴇɪɢʜs ᴍʏ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅᴇʀs ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀᴏᴜʙʟᴇ ʜᴀᴜɴᴛs ᴍʏ ᴍɪɴᴅ
Bᴜᴛ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀᴇsᴇɴᴛ ᴡɪʟʟ ɴᴏᴛ ʟᴀsᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴋɪɴᴅᴇʀ
Iᴛ's ᴛʀᴜᴇ, I'ᴠᴇ sᴇᴇɴ ɪᴛ ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ! A ʙʀɪɢʜᴛᴇʀ ᴅᴀʏ ɪs ᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ ᴍʏ ᴡᴀʏ
Tᴏᴅᴀʏ I'ᴠᴇ ᴄʀɪᴇᴅ ᴀ ᴍᴀɴʏ ᴛᴇᴀʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘᴀɪɴ ɪs ɪɴ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ
Aʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴍᴇ ʟɪᴇs ᴀ sᴏᴍʙᴇʀ sᴄᴇɴᴇ, I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴛᴀʀᴛ
Bᴜᴛ I ꜰᴇᴇʟ ᴡᴀʀᴍᴛʜ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ sᴋɪɴ, ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀs ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀʟʟ ᴀʟɪɢɴᴇᴅ
Tʜᴇ ᴡɪɴᴅ ʜᴀs ʙʟᴏᴡɴ, ʙᴜᴛ ɴᴏᴡ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴋɪɴᴅᴇʀ

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:54 am

User Image❈✾
YANGQIAO YARROW YU

seventh year || Changlong || muggleborn
Association of Noodle Enthusiasts || Future Healers Club || Dueling Club || Music Club

”He worked hard,” Yang reminisced quietly. She had other thoughts, but the words were buried within memories and feelings for now. Kam remarked that being there was what friends were for. Yang had few enough friends of her own-- Yuhei, Geling...maybe a few of Yuhei’s friends they hung out with. Kam seemed to have interesting characters as friends--she’d heard the odd story about his group over the years. She leaned into his hug for a moment longer.

When Kam brought up the interview being only two days away, Yang was about to insist that he get back immediately. But instead, kam proposed a brief detour in England before doing Venice--a few days for Kam to prepare and for her to meet his friends? She listened to his thoughts carefully. He...didn’t sound like he was worried for this interview. Well, that made sense. She’d seen first-hand the last few days how well he worked through legalese-and that was notwithstanding the language barrier. ”You’re sure this will be okay for you?”

Yangqiao felt like she really shouldn’t. Honestly she wasn’t sure if she was cancelling the tickets to Venice because she was getting a portkey or never going. She should stay in the house, mourn quietly,...and what, waste away while the rent on this place went unpaid because she didn’t have a job anymore? No, she was going to Venice, hitting every place she could on her parent’s list, and then going to find a job for the summer and volunteering before Healing applications opened again. She remembered how hurt her dad had been when mourning her mom. Going to work--having to go to work and school and having a routine when they got home-- had kept them both together. And if going to England and being around people was going to help with that, then that was damn well what she needed to do.

Yang nodded, reassured. ”You honor me, Mr. Hepburn,” she replied, trying to put as much energy and pep as she had into the reply. She appreciated Kam’s ability to think so clearly through the logistics of planning travel for two trips in three different countries. Assumedly she’d get a portkey back afterwards. It let her focus on panning the immediate next steps, and right now smaller was definitely better: ”Alright then. I’m going to get a shower, text Yuhei, and pack some clothes. Sounds like we’ll be in England before tonight--their time..” She held out her cell phone, the hitn of a small and tired but determined smile on her face. ”Need to warn Iggy?”

setting Home/ the Apartment in Hong Kong || with Kam
wearing black (left) with black slacks || status Time to be a little reckles I guess.

Miss GryffindorK

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
I turn another page of my biography
And all the mysteries begin to fall in place
I wonder why I wasted so much precious time
I'd never find my life inside this cluttered room
✾❈
~"Hysteria" by Nano.

addaellis

Private Homes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items