Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP] Sweet Company (Kleoth, Felisath, possibly riders)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:17 pm
User Image

It was early yet in morning, and the golden queen quietly slaked her thirst with the cool waters of the weyrlake. She shook herself, sending droplets flying every which way before she gave a mighty yawn. Her contentment knew no bounds here at Western Weyr, surrounded by her beloved siblings. Some were even beginning to rise and chase, and Kleoth thought of Yaguareth with a snort. Her sister hadn't garnered nearly the attention she deserved... but Yaguareth didn't seem to mind. Kleoth would mind for her, but that was another story entirely.

It was another sister she sought today however, gently reaching her thoughts out to one of her many beloved sisters. Felisath, I do not know if you've eaten recently, but would you care to join me? She would take no offense if the shy green preferred to keep her own company, instead. Though not the most gregarious of dragons, she was intelligent and perceptive, particularly to the needs of others. Kleoth loved her exactly as she was, and always would.

Uta

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:46 pm
User Image

It was early in the morning, but Felisath was restless. Curled up tightly upon her weyrledge, the green dragon had found sleep quite elusive the past few nights. Though she dozed on and off as she could, true rest had been eluding her for some time--and it was beginning to take its toll. It was hard to get comfortable when one felt ill at ease-- and that was exactly what Felisath felt!

Cornered.
Unable to escape.
Like she was trapped in some invisible cage, with no way out, and it got smaller everyday.

Naturally a bit aloof, the delicate green had always been one on the outside looking in. But these days, she was all the more avoidant, even among her favored clutchmates. Kiri tried to get her to relax, but there was nothing to be done about it. She would, sometime soon, have to rise--and begin the endless reality of any green dragon hatched. But it wasn't the act itself that had the green more tense than usual--it was the outcome. Who would be involved? Would there be blues, browns, and bronzes? Even if her maiden flight found the colors lacking, would the same be said the next time she took to the skies? Would any of her most beloved sisters be there? And if so.... would it be simply for fun or something more? Ah, but the green had tried to accept the reality.

Surely, Yaguareth wouldn't be fussed about such things. Had not she taken to the skies beautifully and without hesitation? And Kleoth would not need worry about any of this when her time came. She was being foolish, surely... So, the little green kept her woes to herself, and did her best not to let on.

When Kleoth reached out to her, the green almost did not answer. There would be many who might prefer the queen's company, and many others who might better entertain. But it was Kleoth, and Felisath could not, and would not, deny her company. Had she not asked for her? And oh, how the little green did yearn to go.

I would be remiss to decline such an invitation. She spoke quietly, and with one wary glance around, the shy little green spread her wings and dove from her weyrledge. She made quick work of the trip, landing softly, and carefully, not far from where Kleoth sat. Still, the yellow that tinged her eyes was quickly replaced by a deep blue, and she offered a small thrum of greeting. Kleoth absolutely dwarfed her. Where the queen likely still had some growing to do, Felisath had long since stopped growing.

I didn't think many would be awake this hour. Are you often up this early? Weyrling training aside, now that they were all getting older, some of the strict hours were becoming a wee bit less so as new responsibilities were granted to them. And just because their riders might be up and about, didn't necessarily mean their dragons had to be as well.

Tsunake

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:12 pm
The soft acceptance made her hearts swell with love, and Kleoth crooned as the small green soon swept down beside her. She and Leoth hadn't been much larger than their siblings when they'd hatched, but it was a completely different story now. Still, the golden queen seemed oblivious as she craned her neck forward to affectionately nudge Felisath, her eyes whirling with bright, happy blues.

Sometimes. Mine does not sleep in often, but she is today, and I hate to rouse her. Phryana tried not to indulge in such things often, but sometimes, sleep was elusive. Luckily they worked so hard as Weyrlings that physical exhaustion often lulled her into nice, dreamless peace.

Are you well, Felisath? Even if she'd tried, she wouldn't have been able to stop the concern that bled into her tone. It wouldn't be long now until Felisath would take to the skies too, whether she wanted to or not. She worried, even if there was little she could do. If only she could join the chase when the time came!

She could only hope that the flight would be relatively painless, and that Felisath would suffer no ill-effects as a result. Still, she hated being unable to do more. It didn't sit right with her.

Uta

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 4:27 pm

Felisath took comfort in Kleoth's nuzzle, leaning into the nudge, and allowing her eyes to whirl a deeper blue. She was pleased that the gold had invited her down--she'd been so worried about everything to come, and her self-isolation, that she'd forgotten how nice it was to be around a trusted clutchmate.

Proddy though she knew was, the green continue to resist the call. It wouldn't be long, instinct demanded her to take the skies, but for now, at least, she'd lose herself to another distraction. While she'd never been the most social of greens, there were some she made exceptions for. Giving a soft croon, she returned the nuzzle, though the edges of her eyes remained yellow-white with worry and stress.

It's good to indulge in a long rest. I hope she'll feel better for it, and am happy to keep you company until she wakes. Assuming, of course, the gold wished her to remain so long. Kiri certainly wouldn't be up until closer to their morning lessons, so there was a bit of time. Stepping forward, she too leaned down to take a drink from the lake, slaking her thirst, and trying not to look as one edge as she felt. Wen Kleoth questioned her feelings, she did lift her head, and allow her tail to twist and coil a bit nervously.

For a long moment she said nothing, considering how best to answer. I... am as well as one might be. It was a safe answer, neither a yes, nor a no. On the one hand, she didn't wish to dump her worries on Kleoth, who certainly had more important things to think about. On the other hand, she trusted the queen's input, and did want to share her feelings. But what would she say that Kleoth might be able to act upon?

Heaving a small sight, the green gave a little creel. ...I suppose that's not quite accurate. I have much on my end, I suppose. I feel like I'm crawling out of my skin. I'm nothing but contradiction right now--I want to be alone, but I crave certain company all the while. I want to rise, and get it over with, but I fear the outcome will be nothing short of disappointing. I have so many things I want to say, and yet I know it's best to keep them secret. To make things more complicated, I can't tell if it's me, or ... just the impending flight. The longer she spoke, the more yellow her eyes became. She did not look at Kleoth, but instead gazed down at her reflection in the lake--she hated to open up so vulnerably, but Kleoth was one she couldn't--wouldn't--hide her feelings from.

With luck, the queen wouldn't begrudge her her insecurities and fears. Perhaps that was why she kept them to herself. It was safer, and she didn't need to be anxious about the others good opinion. Foolish to get herself tied up in knots over things she couldn't control--surely, Yaguareth didn't share such worries, nor Kleoth.

Tsunake

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 3:54 pm
It hurt her hearts to see those white-rimmed eyes, and Kleoth wished she could fight away those lurking fears and protect her younger sister. Were it a physical threat, she could tear it down with tooth and claw! What she could do now was listen quietly, offering her unwavering support and love for Felisath during this rough time. Oh, I have no doubt she'll think I should have woken her, but it will do her worlds of good. And your company always brings me joy. She offered her own soft croon, the steady blue of her eyes deepening a touch.

The vague response to her question didn't even make her bat an eye, and she only nuzzled her sister gently. If the little green didn't wish to speak of such things, Kleoth would do her best to respect that even though she itched to push further. Oh, how she itched. Her love and respect for Felisath's anxieties was enough to make her hold her tongue.

That meant that her hearts melted all over again when Felisath gathered herself and confessed her real feelings. Kleoth tried to relate what her poor clutchmate must have been going through.... but she could never say she'd felt so conflicted. For any dragon, especially a small, anxious green, it sounded like torment. Oh, my dear. Kleoth rumbled, gently extending to wing for an embrace, if such bold contact would be allowed. I cannot begin to imagine what you must be feeling. I can only hope that your time will be soon so that these feelings no longer plague you. Oh, if only she could promise that things would turn out all right!

If you still feel so after the flight, I would consider the possibility of giving yourself the chance to speak. Your secrets may seem safer, but I would hate for you to overburden yourself in keeping them. She offered quietly.

If only she could promise to be there when Felisath took to the skies....

Uta

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:29 am
The little green listened to what her beloved sister said, taking comfort where she could--but feeling little better for it. If this was what flights would be like every time, she would very quickly begin to envy the whites of the Weyr. It was misery. Perhaps it was a misery of her own making, though, chasing all her worries, and knowing little of what the future might bring. Her hearts had long since ached, but she worried equally over the remedy.

Still, she would not spurn the kindness that Kleoth offered, and eventually looked back up at her golden sister. Surely, the queen couldn't possible feel so torn up. Like Yaguareth, she was strong, and brave, and bold, and confident. There was nothing the great queen couldn't do, and Felisath very small, and very silly indeed, in comparison. Perhaps that's why she adored the two of them, in all their greatness; they were both so different than her. Their lives seemed less complicated, and there was nothing they couldn't face. They were ever brave and... never rattled by anything (at least as far as the green could tell).

She was lucky, indeed, that they tolerated her as well as they did.

Kleoth's extended wing did draw the little green back to her side. It was comfort she craved, even as her own feelings continued to war within. It is a complicated thing. It's hard to think clearly, and my hearts are in such turmoil. Maybe, after I have risen, I will be able to make sense of such things... and perhaps, I might better be able to handle these thoughts and feelings. She heaved a heavy sigh, leaning against her sister--and feeling very small indeed.

I have no doubt, when it is your time, you will handle it far better than I. Surely, Kleoth wouldn't fall to pieces like she currently seemed to be.

Tsunake

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:54 pm
Everything seemed so much simpler when they were hatchlings, she found herself reflecting with a touch of irony. At the time, the squabbling with her sisters and her sire's emotions had been the most dreadful thing in her young life. It was a reminder that she could never quite expect what situations might be thrown her way, and how little control she might have over any of them.

She tucked Felisath against her side, humming gently as she did. I have no doubt that things will become clear to you. You are intelligent, resourceful, and so very brave. How often had Felisath put herself in situations that made her uncomfortable or nervous and pushed herself through them anyway? It was inspiring. But Kleoth's admiration for her smaller sister had existed ever since she had helped her across the Hatching sands and had only continued to grow.

Oh. She sighed for a moment, lapsing into a brief silence. I will do my very best. In truth, I worry. Would she make the right selection? Would the strongest, most capable catch her? Logically, she understood that when the time came, she would know what to do... but she had quite some time still to think about it.

Still, Felisath did not need to be plagued with her own musings--not in her time of need. But with us supporting one another, I do not doubt we will make it through just fine. Of that, at least, she was certain. She could lean on both Felisath and Yaugareth for support.

Uta

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:41 pm
Tsunake

Felisath settled in comfortably beneath her sister's large wing. There was safety with Kleoth that Felisath found only with Yaguareth. She had never forgotten how kind her golden sister had been when she'd been so suddenly hatched without warning! Though the incident had startled her--she hadn't been ready at all!--she was grateful that her clutchmate had taken the time to see her to Hers. And Yaguareth had always been nothing but chivalrous and good to her, checking in on her off the Sands, and always ensuring her comfort.

Honestly, Felisath couldn't believe that she had sisters as good, and kind, and patient with her as the two of them. Of course, her other clutch sisters were also--mostly--good to her, too. Negoncath was a sweet heart, Euxanth exuberant, Pellereth grudgingly obliging. Even Saheth and Tierboskath were good to her, despite her anxieties around those of the opposite sex. But Yaguareth and Kleoth were something different, at least to the little green. And now, driven half-mad with worry and a growing need to rise--the little dragon couldn't help but feel the entirely overwhelmed. Her two beloved sisters had always been so strong, so fearless, so brave...

She longed to be like them, and yet knew it impossible all the same. They were the best of their colors and the best of dragons, as far as she was concerned... If only she could have inherited a bit of their strength, instead of leaning on them as she so often dd. All she could hope was that neither would mind.

Felisath gave a small snort, that turned int a sigh, even as she laid her head down upon her forepaws. I think you are overly fond with such words, sister. Intelligent and resourceful, maybe, but I'm not at all brave. Not like you or Yaguareth, at least. I am but a coward, who is scared of the world; of what has come, and what yet might be. If she were so brave, she would not be falling to pieces due to her upcoming flight, nor tucked away beneath Kleoth's wing. Still, she sent Kleoth a wave of fondness and gratitude all the same... for it was kind of her to say as much, even if it weren't so.

I would think you would have little to worry about. You will be the star of the Weyr that day, and shall have whatever your hearts might desire. Felisath would have made a horrible queen and was grateful, in some ways, that she was but a small green. Boys might well paticipate, but there was at least hope that she might twine tails with a fellow green. Kleoth would have no such luck--not that Felisath thought that her sister would terribly mind. But no matter your worries, it will be a day to celebrate, for you will get to be a mother. And you were hatched for such a role. She had been nothing but good to Felisath, and the rest of her clutchmates; there was no doubt, she would be nothing but good to her future offspring.

Still, her sister was right concerning support. She did give a small croon, leaning her cheek to softly nuzzle Kleoth's side. You are right about that. I do appreciate you taking the time to check on me, and apologize for being... a mess. I know this will pass, and things will happen as they must. I might not know the future, but I know that I'm not alone. And you aren't, either. Happier times will come to us both, I'm certain.

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas