Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Family Profiles
Wyn Family ~ Accepted

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:47 pm

Will heaven step in? Will it save us from our sin? Will it?
                              'Cause this house of mine stands strong

tab tab ▬▬▬▬▬ WYN FAMILY

tab 「 GWYNFAIR ALYS WYN : 65 Years Old - Hogwarts/Hufflepuff Graduate - Former Minister of Magic - a porg
                              tab 「 CADOC ALISTAIR WYN : 62 Years Old - Hogwarts/Gryffindor Graduate - Retired Welsh Quidditch Player - NPC
                              tab 「 DARRYN MATTHEW WYN : 59 Years Old - Hogwarts/Gryffindor Graduate - Retired Welsh Quidditch Player - NPC
                              tab 「 ARAVIS STARLING WYN : 48 Years Old - Hogwarts/Gryffindor Graduate - Healer - a porg - NPC
                              tab 「 IDRIS MARION WYN: 54 Years Old - Hogwarts/Ravenclaw Graduate - NPC
                              tab 「 WILLIAM ZEPHYR RADCLIFFE : 31 Years Old - Hogwarts/Gryffindor Graduate - TBD - a porg
                              tab 「 CHARLOTTE BELLAMY WYN : 21 Years Old - Hogwarts/Gryffindor Graduate - Magizoologist - NPC
                              tab 「 HALICE ARIANNA RADCLIFFE : 11 Years Old - Hogwarts Student - Whole Life Ahead of Her- a porg

tab tab ▬▬▬▬▬ UPDATES
                              tab 「 UPDATED: makin a new thread because somehow my brain thought this would be easier than moving the other one from the graveyard
                              tab 「 CHANGES MADE: time for some more history!
                              tab 「 ACCEPTED BY: Weasley 4/27/20
                              tab 「 RECENT UPDATES ACCEPTED BY:
                              tab 「 ACCEPTED CHARACTERS : Gwynfair, William, Halice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:02 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hogwarts - Hufflepuff - Class of 2002 - Minister for Magic - Pembroke, Wales
                              tab tab ▬▬▬▬▬ GWYNFAIR ALYS WYN

tab AGE: 65 years old
                              tab BIRTHDAY: april 17, 1984
                              tab GENDER: female
                              tab SEXUALITY: aromantic asexual
                              tab BLOOD STATUS: half-blood
                              tab WAND: seven inches, walnut, with unicorn hair
                              tab PATRONUS: wolf
                              tab FAMILY: cadoc wyn (brother), darryn wyn (brother), aravis wyn (sister-in-law), william radcliffe (step-nephew), charlotte wyn (niece)
                              tab PET: calico cat named lady

tab STRENGTHS & OPINIONS:
                              tab tab Strengths: Charms & Defense Against the Dark Arts
                              tab tab Loves: Flower Arranging, Volunteering, Quidditch, Astronomy, Work
                              tab tab Dream Job: Anything where she can help people.
                              tab tab Dislikes: Arrogance, Backstabbers, Bullies, Public Restrooms, Being Alone

tab WEAKNESSES & FEARS:
                              tab tab Weaknesses: Arithmancy & Flirting
                              tab tab Fears: Neglecting Duty, Heights, Amphibians

tab PERSONALITY

There's people out there who'd like to say that Gwyn is a demanding and intimidating woman. If you asked her if that bothered her, she'd likely brush it off with a smile. If people think that of her, then they just don't know her well enough. Gwyn is the type of person to stick through things until the end. If she makes you a promise, you know that she's going to do what she says, as she always feels guilty if she doesn't keep her promises. People who actually know her enjoying being her friend. Gwyn is a friendly person who gets along with most people. She's outgoing enough to be able to go up to people who look like they could use some company and say hello.

tab CHILDHOOD:

I was born in Wales many years ago. I am the oldest of four children and was closest to my brother Cadoc, him being only a couple of years younger than myself. Darryn did try to hang around with us, but it just wasn't as fun. Idris wasn't born until I was ten, so I didn't get to play with her much. When I was eleven, my Hogwarts letter came. My parents were so excited and spared no expense in getting me ready.

tab SCHOOL YEARS:

When I got to Hogwarts, the Sorting Hat placed me in Hufflepuff, a decision I didn't mind. Everyone was so friendly. I did well in all of my classes and even helped out a few of my friends when it came time for finals. Apparently, I had just missed seeing the Tri-Wizard Tournament, but that didn't mean the year wasn't interesting. Everyone was going on about how Voldemort was or wasn't back. Our defense against the dark arts teacher was pretty adamant about the fact that he wasn't. The only reason that I managed to pass that class that year was because one of my older friends was involved in a group called Dumbledore's Army and was actually learning stuff and figured she should pass it on.

My second year was extremely interesting, but still not the most memorable year I had at Hogwarts. Everything was fine until the end of the year. That was when Dumbledore was killed on the astronomy tower. I didn't see it, but everyone knew about it when it happened. I even attended his funeral.

My most memorable year at Hogwarts was my third year, and not for the friends I made or the things I learned. It was by far the worst year to be a student at Hogwarts, and I hope the year never repeats itself. You see, with Dumbledore's passing, Professor Snape was put in charge of the school. There were quite a few of my friends who didn't attend because they had muggle parents or had parents who had a terrible feeling about the year to come. And what a year it was. There were Death Eaters teaching at the school, and, well, I can tell you what an unpleasant experience it is to go through the Cruciatus Curse. Of course, it didn't last forever. Harry Potter came back and the Battle of Hogwarts took place. Being a third year, I didn't fight. I've never been much of a fighter anyways. I was evacuated, and that was probably the most terrifying moment in my entire life.

The rest of my years at Hogwarts were pretty quiet. What did you expect?

tab POST-GRADUATION:

After Hogwarts, I ended up going to work for the Portkey Office. A few year in, I became the head of the office, and even managed to become the Head of the Department of Magical Transportation. Eventually, I became the Minister for Magic. Pretty good for someone who didn't know what they wanted to do. As Minister, I get to attend quite a few interesting events. One of the first ones I remember was Circus Maisc where my brother nearly died when some dark wizards showed up. Since then, my brother has married the healer that saved his life, and has even taken her son from her previous marriage under his wing. The two of them also had a daughter of their own.

Eventually, I decided to retire from being Minister. The job is rather stressful, and I had a family that I wanted to spend time with.

tab tab ▬▬▬▬▬ UPDATES
                              tab UPDATED: 4/25/2020
                              tab CHANGES MADE: SHE LIVES. AGAIN.

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:23 pm

Hogwarts/Private Tutor - Gryffindor - Class of 2037 - Unemployed - Pembroke, Wales
                              tab tab ▬▬▬▬▬ WILLIAM ZEPHYR RADCLIFFE

tab AGE: 31 years old
                              tab BIRTHDAY: february 8, 2018
                              tab GENDER: male
                              tab SEXUALITY: heterosexual
                              tab BLOOD STATUS: half-blood
                              tab WAND: thirteen and three quarter inches, aspen, with dragon heartstring
                              tab PATRONUS: puma
                              tab FAMILY: halice rosentha (grandmother, presumed dead), zephyr rosentha (grandfather, desceased), william radcliffe (father, desceased), aravis wyn (mother), gwynfair wyn (step-aunt), cadoc wyn (uncle), darryn wyn (step-father), idris wyn (step-aunt), charlotte wyn (half-sister), halice radcliffe (daughter)
                              tab PET: owl named riaris

tab tab Strengths: Charms & Defense Against the Dark Arts
                              tab tab Loves: Quidditch, Exploring, Comic Books, Adventure, and Apples
                              tab tab Dream Job: Honestly has no clue what he wants to do with his life.
                              tab tab Dislikes: Strawberries, Rodents, Reading, Clowns, Shopping

tab WEAKNESSES & FEARS:
                              tab tab Weaknesses: History of Magic & Astronomy
                              tab tab Fears: Being assassinated, losing a loved one

tab PERSONALITY
                              William is a bold young man who likes to throw himself at everything. If he wants to know something, he'd rather go in and get his hands dirty than read about it or be told about it. If asked, he'd have no problem getting out of his comfort zone. He has no patience for philosophical debates and would rather stay out of them. William is also surprisingly observant and notices things that people would often miss. At times, he can be a bit talkative.

However, William is not perfect. Despite his boldness, he's a sensitive soul who doesn't take criticism well. He will often blame himself, for his failures and will beat himself up about it. He also isn't a fan of conflict. He'll try to see anyway out of it, even if it means running away. At times, he can also be easily-bored, which can lead to rules being broken, among other things.

tab CHILDHOOD:

Due to the fact that his father was killed in a suspicious looking attack on the Radcliffe family, William Zephyr never knew his father. For the first part of his life, he was raised by his mother, Aravis, who was living in London with her mother, Halice, in a decent sized flat. Aravis would go off to work at St. Mungo's everyday and Halice would stay at home and watch after her son. Life wasn't perfect for the remaining Radcliffes, but it was okay.

A few years down the road, and the attack at Circus Maisc happened. William Zephyr was still a bit too young to go, something Aravis was quite happy about. It was there that she met Darryn Wyn, one of the chasers for the Welsh National Team. It wasn't the most pleasant meeting. He had been injured in the attack, and she just happened to be the healer to take care of him. For them, it was love at first sight.

By the time William Zephyr was ten, Aravis had married Darryn and taken the last name of Wyn. Given the choice between keeping his name and getting rid of it, Will decided to keep it. After all, nobody had decided to finish the job on his family. And besides, his new step-father wasn't the only famous one in the Wyn family. His sister was the Minister for Magic, and their brother was the captain of the Welsh Quidditch Team.

Most children might resent their step-families, but not William Zephyr. He loved having a father-figure in his life. He loved having large castle grounds to run around on. Most importantly, he loved being able to play quidditch with Darryn and Cadoc as his mother freaked out on the sidelines. The Wyn brothers didn't see why she was so nervous. After all, she was a healer. She should know what to do.

tab SCHOOL YEARS:

On the day of William Zephyr's eleventh birthday, an owl arrived with the news his family was waiting for: he was going to Hogwarts. His mother took him off to Diagon Alley to do their shopping and before he knew it, he was on his way to King's Cross wondering what awaited him at Hogwarts. No matter what happened, he knew that he was excited to be starting.

He was soon sorted into Gryffindor, but his friends spanned across the houses. One of his closest friends was Zephyros Whitethorne. Will always thought that it was funny that they had such similar names. Of course, he'll never forget when the Hogsmeade station was attacked when they were leaving from their first year. The two, as well as some other friends ended up having to hide in Will's godmother's tea shop.

Will would have been content to continue in his studies at Hogwarts, however, during his fifth year, aurors picked up on a tip that whoever had killed his father and grandfather would be coming after him next. Because of this, his mother and step-father went into hiding and Will was privately tutored, which meant that he missed out on taking the O.W.L.s and N.E.W.T.s.

tab POST-GRADUATION:
                              Will eventually took a job in a shop, but only because his mother insisted that he needed to actually get a job. For a while, he preferred to be travelling. However, one day when he returned from his travels, it wasn't just his mother waiting for him. There was his mother, with a baby dropped off by a woman claiming Will was the father. Deciding to do the right thing, regardless of if the child was his or not, Will decided to raise her among his family.

tab tab ▬▬▬▬▬UPDATES
                              tab UPDATED: 4/25/2020
                              tab CHANGES MADE: total overhaul

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:29 pm

Hogwarts - Unsorted - First Year - Unemployed - Pembroke, Wales
                              tab tab ▬▬▬▬▬ HALICE ARIANNA RADCLIFFE

tab 「 AGE: eleven
                              tab 「 BIRTHDAY: march 16, 2038
                              tab 「 GENDER: female
                              tab 「 SEXUALITY: biromantic asexual
                              tab 「 BLOOD STATUS: half-blood
                              tab 「 WAND: thirteen and three quarter inches, aspen, with fox fur
                              tab 「 PATRONUS: tbd
                              tab 「 FAMILY: halice rosentha (great-grandmother, deceased), zephyr rosentha (great-grandfather, deceased), william radcliffe (grandfather, deceased), aravis wyn (grandmother), gwynfair wyn (great step-aunt), cadoc wyn (great step-uncle), darryn wyn (great step-father), idris wyn (great step-aunt), charlotte wyn (aunt), william zephyr radcliffe (father), unknown mother
                              tab 「 PET: fennec fox named starling (staying at home with her father)

tab tab 「Strengths: Charms & Herbology
                              tab tab 「Loves: Hiking, Reading, Strawberries, Animals, Quidditch
                              tab tab 「Dislikes: Shopping, Cleaning, Rainy Days, Mud, the smell of burning food

tab WEAKNESSES & FEARS:
                              tab tab 「Weaknesses: Defense Against the Dark Arts & Flying
                              tab tab 「Fears: Heights, Thunderstorms

tab PERSONALITY

Halice is what some people might call a shy extrovert. She wants to be around people, but just isn't quite sure how to interact with them. It takes a lot for her to go up to someone and say hi, but surprisingly little for her to make a friend. Once Halice decides to open up to someone, they'll find that she's sarcastic with a good sense of humor. She's also someone who would do anything for a friend. Some might say she cares too much.

Of course, Halice does have her boundaries. Once they're crossed, she won't be mean. She'll just be cold. Sometimes, people say she's too sarcastic. They can't tell when she's being sincere or not. It's hard for her to be the one to apologize when she's wrong, and being sarcastic certainly doesn't help matters any. If things go too far, Halice could easily lose friends, simply because she doesn't know how to fix things when they go wrong.

As a student, Halice is someone who would rather not be noticed. It's not that she isn't smart. She's not the smartest one in the class, but she does try, and more than likely, if called on, she'll have the right answer. However, there are times where she won't have the right answer. She's not perfect. She can't always focus. Sometimes she daydreams in class. It's for this reason that being called on in class makes her nervous.

tab CHILDHOOD:

Halice has no clue who her mother is. She's asked her father about it, several times, but it's always the same story. Will had been out travelling, seeing the sights, when he received an owl from his mother to come home. When Will returned, he found his mother, rather annoyed, with a baby girl. The girl had no name when she arrived at the Wyn household, but Aravis had taken to calling the girl Halice, after her own mother.

Upon asking, Will discovered that a mysterious woman had tracked down the Wyn household as his last known residence and simply dropped the girl off. She said something about not being able to take care of her before she vanished.

Of course, having an unknown mother doesn't mean that Halice is a nobody. Her father is a Radcliffe, a family that was rather well known in the wizarding world, but not always for good things. The family was rather good at making enemies, and so most of the family were hunted and killed by assassins. On the other hand, her step-family includes the former Minister for Magic, and two former Welsh quidditch team players.

That being said, Halice's childhood was a sheltered one, but a well-rounded one. She knows a lot of wizarding society and its history. Her great-uncles made sure she knew plenty about quidditch. Of course, with her fear of heights, she'd much rather watch than play.

tab SCHOOL YEARS:

When her letter came on her eleventh birthday, Halice was torn. On one hand, she couldn't wait to get out and see the world without her family breathing down her neck, but on the other hand, what would she do without them?

tab POST-GRADUATION:

tab tab ▬▬▬▬▬ UPDATES
                              tab 「 UPDATED: 3/17/2020
                              tab 「 CHANGES MADE:3/16/20 i said i wasn't gonna make a grandbaby, and then i did. i suck.
                              3/17/20 adda said i should make edits so then i added a whole extra paragraph to the personality, and honestly i don't care if the pet's at hogwarts because it is not currently important. but maybe it will be. again. impulse character. i make bad decisions. do not encourage.

tab 「 PENDED BY: (pended in Hogwarts by ~𝔞𝔡𝔡𝔞𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔰 [03/17/2020]
                              tab 「 ACCEPTED BY:
                              tab 「 RECENT UPDATES ACCEPTED BY:

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

Family Profiles

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items