Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:26 pm
User Image

Gadane was just getting back to camp after a successful but rather messy hunt, in part because he had somehow managed to take the lead and in part because their prey had put up a good fight. He was sore and he felt like he was absolutely covered in blood.. so he headed for the water when the hunting party was done to clean up rather than immediately join them for dinner.

White fur is so hard to take care of, he thought to himself as he waded into the water, Thank goodness I'm not properly cloud marked.

Humming to himself, he began grooming. While there wasn't as much blood as he thought, he realized some was his own as he worked. Nothing serious but it explained some of the tenderness.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:31 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dohi knew that her mate hade returned; the hunting party had been a bit abuzz about the interesting process of what had happened, and the alu'nadi was curious to hear Gadane's take on the matter. She knew that it was easy for things to become embellished when excitement flooded the veins, but she drew concerned when she couldn't immediately find him. The lands had been blessed with many white children through the past generations, and so it wasn't as easy to spot a white-maned lion as it must have been in her grandfather's time.

"Where is he..." she mumbled to herself as her dark paws carried her around. She had heard rumblings that he had been injured, but she thought nooo, no way. The longer it took to find him though, the more concerned she grew. She immediately decided to try one of the watering holes; if there was enough blood to be unsure if it was his or his mark's, he would be dirty enough to need a bath.

A blessing of these relatively flat-lands was that she could see movement near the water well before she could see who, white upon green seemed to blossom before her as she trotted to him, and she felt herself sigh in relief. "Gadane!"

Ecavi

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:28 pm
Gadane was so thoroughly engrossed in cleaning himself off that he didn't hear his mate's approach until she called out to him. He flinched when he heard her voice and hoped he was imagining the panic in her tone. He turned his head and smiled sheepishly at her as she came closer.

"Dohi," he said brightly, "Come to hear about my bloody triumph?"

He held up a paw and made a face.

It wasn't all that bloody.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:38 pm
Dohi

The alu’nadi sighed softly, her head shaking as she closed the distance between them. She didn’t want to get too close as she herself didn’t need to wash off. “I heard a bit about it,” she started, sitting herself down near the water’s edge. “Though with how some lions like to exaggerate things, I was hoping they had blown the story out of proportion.”

A quick glance at his limbs at least told her that he wasn’t seriously injured. And since that paw didn’t seem too bloody, mayhaps that’s all it was.... silly youthful embellishment from others.

“I take it there’s still something to eat off of the prey you took down? I didn’t know my handsome mate could be so vicious,” she said with a grin.

Gadane

"Ha!"

He chuckled at her remark about his viciousness, knowing full well a truly vicious hunter would not have immediately had to rush home to take a bath. He would have splashed her if she wasn't being careful to keep her distance from the water.

"I don't honestly know how I ended up front and center," Gadane said, "It's certainly not my thing."

He splashed about in the water a bit and resumed cleaning off his white fur.

Dohi

“Hmmm.... did someone get injured before the hunt started? I don’t mind that you were pushed to lead it, as it sounds, but it seems strange that it wasn’t set before you all started...” Granted, beyond learning the basics for hunting, she had not been out on a hunt in.... a long time. It was not something a busy alu’nadi could help with.

“As long as you’re ok. I’m surprised, it sounds like you had quite a fighter in your claws. At least you came back to me in one piece, hmm?” A little chuckle escaped her throat as she took another glance along his body, but.... he said he was fine and he looked fine, so she just has to throw her trust behind him.

“So what’s for dinner?”

Gadane

"No, it looked to me like it was just how the herd reacted," he said, then he paused thoughtfully, "It's also possible I overreacted. I mean, maybe we still would have caught something if I didn't take the chance.."

Or maybe he would have been trampled?? Trying to think on it now, Gadane wasn't sure - but nobody had questioned his action and everything had gone more or less according to plan. The main thing was that they had food, he had to imagine the only reason anybody was talking about it was that Gadane was normally a quiet contributor and not the dramatic leader of anything.

"Antelope," he answered, "Can't tell if that's lucky or unlucky. They have smaller feet than some of them, right? I think that's what got me."

With that, he dunked his whole body into the water and stepped out of the river, shaking off the excess at the edge. Much better!

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:29 pm
"Well, as long as you succeeded, I can take comfort in the knowledge that you've probably impressed a few of your fellow hunters while also impressing your mate," Dohi purred. "And you get to pick the choicest bits since you seem to be the star of the show." At least, she wanted to ensure that he got a bit of whatever part he wanted, after deciding to get bloody for everyone's meal later.

"And I think that anything you do is lucky. That's why we're together, isn't it?"  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:38 pm
"Ooooh, we better get moving then," he said at the mention of getting his choice of dinner. He was only half-serious, but he also hadn't really thought that anybody could be waiting for him when he just really wanted to clean up.

Gadane gave another quick shake, hoping to speed up drying his fur, and then leaned affectionately against his mate, smiling at her.

"Well, I certainly feel lucky, being married to you."

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:48 pm
"They won't start without us, so let's get you..." and then he hopped out of the water and rubbed against her...still damp! "Hey, you didn't need to share your wet fur with me!" She swiveled her head around to give a playful chomp on his ear, tugging for a moment before letting go and leaping ahead.

"Sure, you say that, but let's see if you feel lucky when I beat you there to dinner!" She laughed as she loped off, keeping her pace just slow enough that he could easily catch up.

-fin-  
[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff