Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:37 pm
User Image

Mizuchi was laying in the dim moonlight, staring up at the crescent moon above her and thinking about the quiet life she lived. She understood very well that her life as a slave was not as bad as it could have been for some with that title, and she knew how easily questions about their purpose could be used to manipulate them.. but in her own mind, she was realizing how futile it was, especially for a lioness such as herself.

There was nothing she could do in this life to improve her lot, she toiled only to earn her place at the Great Lion's side in the next life. Nothing short of some miraculous service to the pride or Queen could elevate her.. so she wasn't particularly motivated to do anything at all.

Would I do anything differently if I wasn't a slave? she wondered.

Would the freedom feel any different? Would her life or motivation be meaningfully different? If she wasn't stuck in this caste.. what would she be or do?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:23 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, Hamaniya was in a bit of a pickle. She had never been trained to learn how to do anything growing up. The moon had gazed upon her with his eye fully open, and being pampered for that simple fact had been her upbringing. Not all of her siblings shared in that blessing, and if she was smarter she would have had more guilty in her lot in life. Instead, she just did what she could to be happy and uplifting to her siblings and any of her father's family that would interact with her.

Not a very smart girl, but still did her best to spread joy.

Still, the daunting task of learning how to care of herself, and to actually support others? The blonde-coated lioness did not have a single clue as to where to start. And as much as she didn't want to do this, as learning new things was uncomfortable to her, she had to. There wasn't much choice on the matter. So...what should she even do?

Ecavi

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:49 pm
Glaring at the moon and challenging herself to imagine a different life for herself, Mizuchi almost didn't notice when someone else happened by her until Hamaniya nearly stepped right on her. It was easy to forget how well hidden one could be in a near-moonless night with fur so dark.

"Whoa, excuse me!"

Mizuchi rolled over, away and pushed herself up. It was instinctive, both making herself known and politely excusing herself for getting in the way-- and she immediately regretted it, though there was nothing to do for it, really.

She.. didn't really recognize the lioness before her. She was vaguely familiar in the way so many lions around here were.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:53 pm
Hamaniya

“Oh!” The yelp that escaped Hamaniya’s mouth was anything but lady like, and she immediately felt herself clamp her jaws down in embarrassment. She couldn’t believe how seemingly blind she had been and nearly stepped on someone!

“I am so sorry! Are you ok?” Her eyes blinked a few times, the bright blue washed out from the darkness the night offered the savannah. “I know I never pay much attention but I don’t think I’ve nearly stepped on someone like that.... I hope you understand I didn’t mean to do that!” The blonde lioness bobbed her head, trying to hide her embarrassment. Hopefully the nearly-trampled soul would offer her a bit of forgiveness for her absentmindedness.

Mizuchi

Unexpectedly, Mizuchi was fascinated by the response she got from the golden lioness. She even decided to lean in closer to get a better look at her, smiling. Now that she thought about it, the spots around her neck were the big giveaway. This was an adorable older cousin to some degree.

"I'm fine," she said, "I guess my fur is to dark to rest this close to the paths."

Hmmm, no. She couldn't place a name or parentage to this lioness.

Hamaniya

Hamaniya was not expecting her to lean close, and so she leaned herself back as a natural instinct to her personal space being a touch invaded. She was not a very detailed oriented girl, and had felt a bit adrift from the many relatives she had here. Linked, but not necessarily close. Only her full-blooded siblings did she cling to like the blood they were. Namely, she was not one to recognize those in her extended family.

“Ah, um, well.... I also wasn’t paying much attention, so it isn’t completely your fault,” she began, taking a quiet seat and scratching at her chest with one paw, mind idly wondering how apologetic she should be. It was easy enough to take advantage of her, and as she aged she was trying to learn to not give everything to someone if they asked. But. She almost stepped on her!

“I’m Hamaniya, it is a pleasure even if it started off a little... complicated?” She tried to laugh off her awkward joke.

Mizuchi

If the younger lioness was put off by the awkward deference, it didn't show. She was taught to behave that way from a young age as she was expected to show respect to basically everybody else in the pride, it was almost like she didn't notice that Hamaniya had said anything at all prior to her introduction.

"My name is Mizuchi," she said, "It's nice to meet you."

She paused briefly before continuing.

"I don't really recognize you. I mean, I do a bit but it's the same with a lot of lions around here. What do you do?"

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:41 pm
"Oh! I mean... it feels like everyone at least knows who my father is. Yareha? This was a while ago, before he came back... but I know I have a lot of family here, I just don't know how deep those roots go... I guess?" She felt silly admitting it but it was true.

"I um.... I don't know yet. I was a Lady but... I need to contribute I just haven't figured out what there is that I can do. I don't know how much of a grace period I have, but my head has just been too stuffed with worry over what I should do." She wasn't suited for much of anything, but it didn't change the fact that the Queen had issued her orders, and Hamaniya would at least like to be useful in some regard.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:09 pm
"Yareha?"

Mizuchi repeated, tilting her head and thinking about it. The name didn't really stand out much to her, how infamous would one's father have to be..? It didn't sound like the name of any of the priests she knew off the top of her head, so it had to be the main one that connected her to the rest of everybody but that sitll didn't help. There were too many of them anyway.

"Oh," she said, distracted from her puzzle by Hamaniya's admission to being a lady, "Oh!"

The younger lioness straightened up a bit, realizing that she was dealing with a high class lioness. Her posture became more formal but her expression became more mischievous. Hamaniya didn't seem particularly uptight and maybe this was Mizuchi's chance to be bolder.

"Well, hunting is the easiest to get away with," she said, "There are so many hunting parties and so many hunt leaders that they'll be able to work through the learning curve. Even clumsy beginners get the hang of it quickly!"

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:48 pm
Hmmm. Well. In some ways, she felt like it was a relief that her fathers name didn’t seem to ring any bells. Not that it was bad, but it let her feel like she had a bit more of a clean slate to interact with this lioness.

“Oh! Umm, I mean...” she wasn’t really expecting an offering of help, but then again she didn’t know the rank of whom she was dealing with either. It wasn’t something that was super important to her, even if it probably should be. “Do you know whom I could talk with to....start?” She seemed kind enough to want to help, so Hamaniya figured it couldn’t hurt to try.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:56 pm
She felt a rush of panic at being asked who to talk to about hunting but it passed quickly when she remembered she, of course, had someone on her side to play along with this little charade of not acknowledging her own status. Miyako was a hunt leader, Mizuchi could literally just take this lady-cousin to her mom.

"I know just the right lioness," she said, "I bet I even know exactly where to find her, follow me!"

And Mizuchi bounded off.

Being carefree definitely suited her.

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:16 pm
Hamaniya yelped a bit as it seemed like Miyako was ready to haul her away without so much as a warning. The blonde lioness followed her closely, not wanting to lose sight of the darker female like when she had nearly tripped on her.

“I’m catching up...!”

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff