a few months ago...

Demodeth was rarely outright embarrassed, but his showing during that idiotic race they had been forced to endure...

It wasn't idiotic. We just need to pay closer attention to our surroundings next time.

That was easy for R'in to say, with all of the emotional suppression he had forced on himself over the years...

I'm going to pretend that you aren't thinking about me like that.

The bronze hung his head for a moment or two, his red eyes swirling with a touch of yellow. Sorry. R'in had been working very hard on being less compliant and self-effacing lately, his Impression of a metallic increasing his ability to imagine himself deserving other nice things someday. Still, it was a process, and for a creature as task-focused as Demodeth, it all felt very slow. He needed to feel more indignant, more... not at fault.

R'in stood with a smile that was barely visible, placing the straps he had been mending aside. I think it's time for a walk. The dragon didn't argue, which was a good sign that he agreed. After a minute or two of stretching, they were off, strolling in the direction of the chilly lake.

Zaikt