Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:53 pm
Milady Emerald

User Image

Vosin stretched out on her hammock with a groan. "Riders are not meant to be fishers," she told her dragon who was curled up in her wallow nearby. This food problem didn't seem to be going away. Vosin chalked it down to riders being mediocre fishermen at best; an accident waiting to happen at worst. She sighed deeply at some of the stories she'd heard about riders almost drowning.

"But the arms on some of those sailors!" Vosin said with a chuckle. She might have to make an effort to find her way back to the ocean now and again. Killakeeth stirred in her wallow and moved her head to within reach of her rider with a soft encouraging rumble. What about that nice young man you had a good time with? What was his name?

Vos reached out, obedient to the request, to scratch the closest eyeridge. "Hmmmm? Oh that man that impressed the blue at your clutch? Um what was it? I know I've seen him around... ah Jaiyce! He had a young blue to raise up and everyone has been busy lately." He is a nice young man. Completely innocent as the gold could get when she was trying to play matchmaker.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:09 pm
Jaiyce was roused from his light doze by a mental trill from His Maracajath. Rather than sitting bolt upright at the rude awakening Jaiyce rather rolled to one side and opened a single silver eye to look upon his other half, his eyebrow raised in query. Maracajath flopped down with a huge sigh and a quite audible ‘thump’. “When did you get so old and BORING?!?!” he tossed at his Rider eyeing him with attitude, practically daring His to swing back.

“Excuse me!” That made him sit up fast. “Me, Jaiyce of Maracajath BORING- that is utterly impossible and you know it!” He stood and stretched, his body ached. He’d been doing double duty of a kind. With the food crisis many riders had begun fishing and of course His Mara had to be part of that, and he’d also been helping the cooks experiment with alternative food sources- so he had reason to be sore. Stretching done, he began to pace around his weyr, really getting warmed up to his subject. “I have the Best BLUE in all of pern, I’m doing all I can to keep this weyr in food, riding in our wing, and-”

Jaiyce was cut off by the sarcastic voice of his blue “Ooooh, how fancy all of that is!” He rolled his eyes for good measure. Mara was making sure to get his rider good and riled up. “You do get to wear your best clothes fishing after all don’t you- or has my memory failed me- I’ve seen you in nothing else in ages!” He rose to his feet, stretching his wings and brining his tail in to stop the pacing of his rider. “What ever happened to……” he paused for dramatic effect “Fun?!?”

Jayice stopped short to keep from trodding on the tail, momentarily distracted from the words. Returning his focus- he opened his mouth to argue, then promptly closed it- seeing the gleam in his dragons eye. “ Mara…...what are you up to THIS time?” He gave the dragon his sternest look, which did little to quell the exhibitionist.

In response his dragon looked smug and folded his wings down and settled into a crouch.” Oh nothing, just thinking of that lovely lady YOU keep thinking of…the one who searched you, who’s queen dragon bore me, and the one you’ve been besotted with ever since. I mean, you tried to be romantic before but it wasn’t the time- it seems you’ve given up now. I bet she doesn’t even remember your name!” Maracajath taunted.

Pausing, his head tilted in consideration, and he chose to not rise entirely to the bait. “You’re right, I have been thinking of Vosin…..” he thought of his first sight of her when she’d searched him, and a faint smile came unknowingly to his face. And yet there was no pang of loss accompanying it- as finding his other half had truly healed him.

“Why don’t you talk to your wingleader and ask for a few hours off around sunset at the end of the sevenday… speak to Vosin and ask her to do the same. We can go for a flight and you can admire my lovely colors in the sunset light and then compare it to the gleam of starlight off my scales.”

Jaiyce nodded slowly, setting aside all the vain dragons self compliments with a wave of love and admiration. He gave his dragon a single nod, and strode out to go talk to his Wingleader.

User Image
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Later that day a fire lizard arrived at the weyr of one Vosin of Killakeeth, bearing a single flower, with a scroll bound to it with a blue and gold ribbon entwined. “Vosin, if you’ve not forgotten the foundling cook you and your lovely Queen Killakeeth searched up, and it strikes both you and Yours fancies,it would be my delight to meet you for a sunset flight at the end of the sevenday.
Fondly, Jaiyce
User Image  

Milady Emerald

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:26 pm
Milady Emerald

She had been toying with the idea later that day since Killakeeth had brought it up to see if a certain bluerider was free. Hemming and hawing on why she should or shouldn't do it. An amused whirling green eye followed her movements about the weyr. Why not just go ask? The gold asked finally after the tenth lap. The worst that could happen is that he's too tired from fishing. Or do you want me to bespeak Maracajath for you?

The rider shot her dragon a look. There were worst things, but she wasn't going to say them. "I don't want him to feel like he has to indulge me if he's too tired. I-" Whatever she'd been about to say was cut off by the appearance of a green firelizard. She didn't have any flits that looked to her. So what was this green doing here?

It's holding something, Killakeeth pointed out to her rider. This was interesting! Is that a love letter? She'd noted the flower. Maybe her rider had a secret admirer! Vosin looked amused as she accepted the flower and scroll from the green. "Thank you." She unrolled it and read the short note with her dragon trying to peer over her shoulder. "You're blocking the light."

She chuckled to herself. "Seems your thoughts summoned him my dear one. How do you fancy a sunset flight in a sevenday?" Well. Seems the boy has a bit of romance in him after all, the gold hmphed in satisfaction. Seems she would be paying her wingleader a little visit. She grabbed a tiny scrap of hide to return with the firelizard.

'We'd be delighted,' it read. Vosin passed it back to the green.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A sevenday passed by so slowly for the rider, but finally the day came. She harnessed up her bulky gold quickly. "Now remember. He's only a blue. Go easy on him." Do not fear Vosin. I shall fly low and slow just above the waves. The redhead slapped a large gold foreleg and chuckled. "Kindly ask Maracajath where he'd like to meet."

Greetings to you and Yours, Maracajath. Mine has finally finished her preparations. Where shall we meet? It would be so nice to get away from the weyr, even if for just a couple hours, and not have to worry about any of its problems. Vosin breathed a deep sigh, feeling the stress release a tiny bit from her shoulders.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:48 pm
Jayice was pacing...no, stalking- about the weyr as he awaited the return of his little Berri. His loafed about lazily, not worried in the slightest for after all if he was the best blue on Pern, which he was- obviously his rider was the best, and thus need have no worries. But just as his rider was about to go off on his third….or was it fourth...rant of self doubt Berri returned.

Jaiyce practically flew across the weyr to her, and scoured the little flit looking for a reply, his gray eyes lit up as he saw the hide she held. “We’d be delighted” the words took the worry out of his posture and mind- and he broke the silence with an excited chuckle-”She certainly knows how to be direct, and yet so enticing!”

For his part Maracajath simply rolled one eye to give His a look of triumph, as he’d been right after all.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Though it was only a sevenday, which by definition was only SEVEN days…...Jayice would’ve sworn it was more like a turn before the appointed day came. Maracajath was even on edge a bit, just because his rider had been nigh unbearable, with the drama- and this was coming from HIM!

The pair began preparations well before sunset, as Maracajath insisted that he be thoroughly bathed and well oiled, afterall he was going to be flying with a Gold- even if that gold was his Dame. But he was kind and made sure that Jaiyce had time to bathe himself and was even considerate enough to make sure his rider had some time for his hair to dry. (He’d listened to enough complaints about flying with wet hair lately).

Maracajath went slightly distant as he was bespoke by Killakeith. Without needing to consult with his rider he replied “ “Greetings and health to you and Yours, Killakeeth. Mine is nearly ready as well. As for where to meet, kindly take wing and head towards the sun….” he trailed off a bit mischievously. “ “It is time” he informed His simply. Jayice hurried to brush and tie his hair back with a leather thong covered by a blue ribbon. As they left the dragon reminded his rider pompously to not forget the small wrapped package that his rider had been fussing over for most of the sevenday- yet now forgot in pure excitement to see Vosin.

They made their way to the ledge overlooking the Weyr that Maracajath had picked out just for this occasion, and watched for the glint of gold hide to be seen flying up and westward. The moment he saw Killakeeth, Maracajath dove off the ledge into a dive, flaring his wings in a show of control to stop his descent just as he came beside the large gold, and her rider- eyes swirling deep blue with pride in how he executed the maneuver. Jayice and his Maracajath remained uncharacteristically silent, allowing the ladies first words.  

Milady Emerald

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:30 pm
Milady Emerald

Oh ho. Is that how it'll be? Very well, the gold laughed to the blue.

"So where are we going?" Vosin tried to act chill and nonchalant, but the excitement was in her voice. Killakeeth gave her rider an impish look. Come along then Mine. Mount up. The gold lowered herself down and extended a leg. Vos gave her dragon a knowing long look. You're up to something. Me? Not at all, just following directions.

She sighed and climbed up to strap in. Killakeeth raised her wings and took to the skies. The dragon hummed as she rose up into the early morning dawn. She circled over the weyr before turning towards the new sun. Her baffled rider sitting quietly on her back. Invigorated, the gold let out a loud brassy bugle. She was Queen and watching over her Weyr!

A flash of blue caught her eye, and Killakeeth pointed her rider's gaze in that direction. Their partners in crime for this were about to arrive. She hummed her approval of his flashy entrance. Well done, Killakeeth complimented Maracajath. Vosin grinned and waved to Jaiyce. Mine says good morning Jaiyce. The dragon relayed.

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games