Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:34 am
Bilbo gave a soft chuckle as Siyo'Jini admitted he was in a bit over his head here, but it wasn't accusatory or mocking. After coming back from his adventures the peaceful land of the Suzat had seemed quite overwhelming, even for a born and bred Hobbit. It had given him a small taste as to what outsiders who came to visit might experience.

"While a Hobbit will find any excuse to throw a big party like this, it's far more calm and peaceful than it is bustling with activity," he answered gently. "But each celebration is giving as much attention as this one is being given." Yes, their Thain was being wed, but there would be just as much reason to celebrate for any pride members getting married, for one of their holidays, or even simply for a good harvest.

"I usually recommend that those who visit for a party come back at a later time to get a true feel for the Suzat as a pride. Or, perhaps, to stay a few days after the festivities are over. Travelers are always welcome to rest their paws for a bit." Tilting is head, the small male surveyed Siyo'Jini for a bit. He was a very large lion by Suzat standards and he had the build of a fighter, muscled and scarred as any warrior would be. Bilbo had traveled with a group of lions that had looked quite a bit like Siyo and, while his appearance might scare off the more faint of heart Hobbits, the dark male's appearance stirred memories from long ago.

"Tell me a bit about yourself," he said, a sort of wistful tone to his voice. "Where you're from, what brought you here..." Any stories of glory and friendship he might have to share...it was both nostalgic and heartache-inducing to think of his own adventures, but Bilbo held them close to his heart and knew that other more adventurous types did as well.

Jovi of Shadows

---

Waikura's broad grin settled into one that was a bit softer but no less amused as the stranger spoke. Of course he didn't know that she lived here and had her whole life, he was trying to get a feel for the pride and was making small talk. The belated return of his name drew a delighted laugh from the lioness.

"Well, Lihras, I think you'll find your tour will be thorough and educational. I was born and raised here so I've got a good grip on the customs and lay of the land." She'd leave out the fact that she was a fairly high-ranking lioness by pride standards, not wanting to overwhelm him with that information as well.

"This is the center of the pride, we call it Westfarthing. It's where we hold our parties, where the dens are, sort of a central gathering place. It stretches all the way to the mountains over there." She nodded west where a mountain rage sat in the far distance, the purple giants topped with snow. "There are three others areas of our pride, Northfarthing, Eastfarthing, and Southfarthing, and they each have their own purpose. Northfarthing is the way you all came from, the moorlands and open plains where the herds graze. Eastfarthing is where we grow our crops and is bordered by the Baranduin river. We cultivate crops to plant out in Northfarthing to ensure the herds have plenty to eat so they stick around year round. And in Southfarthing you'll find the marshes were we grow iboga which I'm sure you'll get to sample at some point while you're here. It's a lovely plant, we like to chew it after a meal or a party to wind down and relax."

She knew she'd been talking for a while but there was so much to explain about her home and Waikura was known for her loquacious ways. She knew the ceremony was going to start soon as well so she led Lihras to the clearing where the ceremony would take place, eager for him to get a good spot to watch the proceedings.

"If I dump too much on you at once feel free to stop me," she added with a chuckle, nudging his shoulder with her own in a friendly way. "I'd talk all day if you let me."

Juliette06

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:37 am
Siyo listened very astutely to Bilbo as he spoke of the Suzat, his curiosity getting the better of him. They sounded like a peaceful pride, that seemed to welcome anyone who traveled to their borders. It was almost refreshing to hear, but it was no life fo a Lion like Siyo’Jini. He had tried that sort of lifestyle once, but it just wasn’t something he was ever able to fully surrender to. He also wondered, and grew somewhat concerned about how these peaceful, friendly folk defended themselves. They may have been a wholesome, loving pride, but the world as a whole was not. The world was a dark and cruel place that would hurt and harm you and those you loved at any given moment. You had to be strong enough to defend against it.

Siyo realized he had gone silent for too long, and his maw had drawn itself into a forlorn frown. The large male was quick to shake his mane and rid himself of such thoughts and looks, not wanting Bilbo to think it was because of him. ”It sounds peaceful here, Bilbo. Like a good place to raise a family. Your Thain and you hobbits are lucky to have such a place to call your own,” Siyo commented with a smile. Maybe things would have been different for him if he had grown up in a place like the Suzat. ”I may stay a little longer after the party, before I travel again back to my pride.” Also, perhaps, to ensure these friendly lions were well protected. The mercenary leader would never admit it aloud, but he cared for those who showed him and his own kindness.

As the conversation shifted to him, and his emerald eyes saw a slight flint of emotion pass over his party companion, Siyo gave a thoughtful expression. He didn’t like talking about himself, but Bilbo didn’t seem like a bad sort, and Siyo’Jini appreciated the calm company. ”I’m part of a mercenary band,” he said casually, keeping to himself that he was the leader of said band. ”We lend our claws to those who need them, for a price. I’ve fought many battles, with my best friend by my side since we were young. It may not be everyone’s idea of a pride, but we support each other and we have found a sense of belonging together.” Truly, it was the only family Siyo’Jini had ever felt close to. ”What about you, Bilbo? Have you always been with the Suzat?” he asked curiously.

SilverLutz

Jovi of Shadows

Dangerous Werewolf

7,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Team Jacob 100

Juliette06

Wheezing Hoarder

10,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:30 pm
Lihras nodded, doing his best to keep up with what she was saying and not get distracted by how nice her smile was. Or by the fact that he didn't know what a 'farthing was, and at this point he was too afraid to ask.

"You raise crops?" Lihras asked, surprise coloring his voice. "For your prey? Isn't...don't they understand that you hunt them? Why do they stay?" Lihras frowned - on the one hand, it was kind of a brilliant scam, and probably saved the lionesses a ton of time when it came to hunting, but Lihras had never heard of such a thing, and he couldn't believe it actually worked.

"I think I'd like to stay a little while," Lihras admitted, a shy smile on his face. "Just to...really get a feel, like you said." And not at all to get to know her better, that would be ridiculous.

And then she asked about him, and he immediately forgot everything he had ever known about himself, ever.

"Uh, well," Lihras said, trying to shake himself out of it. "I was born in the wilds and stayed there," he shrugged. "One of this pride's lions found me out there and told me someone was getting married, and I've never been to a wedding before, so I figured this was as good a time as any to see what all the fuss is about with these things."

Lihras hesitated for just a moment, then glanced at Waikura and smiled a little wider. "So far, I gotta say...I'm starting to understand the appeal."

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:56 pm
Bilbo gave a little nod at Siyo's observation. The Suzat were incredibly peaceful and rarely faced any sort of problem thanks to their vast network of alliances and their three natural borders to the west, east, and south, and when all was said and done it was a wonderful place to live. But it was also...boring. Safe was boring. And while Bilbo had had enough adventure to last him a lifetime, he did sometimes think about wandering off again some day...

"Very lucky," he agreed, for he knew that was true. "I certainly encourage it. it's quite a different place after a party." He listened as the larger male spoke, giving a soft 'ah' of understanding. While the group he'd traveled with hadn't been mercenaries, they'd certainly been warriors that had wandered around, searching for a long lost treasure. He knew the life of being constantly on the move and the constant battling and Siyo certainly seemed the type to enjoy that life style, just as his old friends had.

The question made the Hobbit chuckle softly, a far-away look in his eyes for a moment as he spoke.

"Yes and no. I was born here, raised here, but when I was younger I left for a time. Joined a group of lions on a quest. They needed someone a bit quieter than them. A bit less...intense, we'll say. Diplomatic." A burglar, he didn't say. "But once that adventure ended..." He trailed off, the far-away look being replaced for just a second by a sad one. It quickly was whisked from his eyes as he looked up at Siyo again, a small smile on his face.

"Well. I came back."

Jovi of Shadows

---

"We do!" Waikura said with a laugh, not at all surprised by the question. "We also protect the herds that live in Northfarthing and only take the ill or elderly. The herds that live there have been there for generations and seem to understand our little agreement of not taking what we don't need and allowing them to thrive." The protection and the food being provided year round certainly was good enough to stay, especially since there were herds enough that not once single species suffered.

"Oh, please do. It's very different when the festivities have finished. You can see the whole pride, explore a bit, spend time with the Farmers or the Herders or the Marsh Waders...and the Hobbits, of course." She listened as he spoke a bit about himself, green eyes intent on Lihras with no sign of feigning interest. She gave a soft 'ah' of understanding as he told her how he'd been invited and didn't hesitate to return his grin.

"I'm glad you think so. It's quite the cozy place to be, all things considered. Good food, good company, and a place for everyone."

Juliette06

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:57 pm
User ImageUser Image

As the crowd of celebrants began to settle, making their way to the gathering space, two small lions made their way through the crowd. Though they were about the same size as the old-blooded Hobbits, they were far stockier and muscled than the soft, round members of the Suzat. A grey-touched male led the way, a sharp-eyed female close behind. A few murmurs followed them as they walked, though neither glanced at the crowd, both of their eyes focused on the yellow leader of the Suzat.

Making their way to Arkani, the male strode forward with all the confidence of a king.

"Arkani," he said, his voice steady and deep. "Blessings to you on this happy day. I'm glad Enzi and I weren't too late to see the ceremony."

Arkani glanced away from Yehuda as he was spoken to, a look of surprise crossing his features.

"Abosi," he said, his voice changing from surprise to delight. He moved forward to bump foreheads with the older male, the two grinning broadly at one another. "I didn't think you'd make it! Welcome!"

"Yes, we didn't either," Abosi said as he pulled back, nodding to Enzi to move forward. "This is Enzi, my Scion," he said, pride in his voice as the younger female bowed her head in respect to the Thain. "She's been working to take the title of King for a few seasons now and I figured this would be a perfect time to practice diplomacy."

"Welcome, Enzi," Arkani said, turning to the female with a warm smile. "Is this your first time in the Suzat?"

"Indeed," Enzi said with a grin. "The journey wasn't that bad, the pathways were a bit in disrepair but I'm sure we can get some Apprentices and Masons down there to secure them again."

"Why am I not surprised you Dwarves let your handiwork fall to ruin?" an airy, proud voice said, cutting through the crowd before its owner. Stepping through the shorter Hobbits a slim, tall lion made his appearance, his pale pelt seeming to sparkle in the sun.

User Image

All three lions glanced at the newcomer in shock, though Abosi and Enzi quickly turned to expressions of irritation.

"Elrand," Abosi growled, clearly unhappy with the sudden appearance of the lanky lion. "What are you doing here?"

"What kind of question is that, Abosi?" Elrand drawled as he continued to approach, his gait easy and graceful. "I was invited, just as you were." Abosi turned to glower at Arkani who gave the King a sheepish smile.

"You both were invited as allies of the Suzat," he explained, though it was clear he hadn't expected either of them to attend. Still, as the host that had invited them both, he turned to those Hobbits and strangers alike that had joined them already and cleared his throat.

"Ah...friends both new and old, I'd like to introduce King Abosi and his heir, Enzi of the Khazâd, and Elrand, Ingaran of the Quendi."

As they were introduced to the Hobbits and the newcomers alike, Abosi turned to face the crowd with Enzi by his side. Elrand glanced over his shoulder with a tiny smirk, though he did eventually turn to face those gathered as well. Some of the older Hobbits whispered to one another before Arkani spoke again.

"Both of these leaders are from prides that border ours. The Khazâd to the west, they reside in the mountains, and the Quendi to the east, across the river. They have been...a bit withdrawn in the past few years so they may not be well known to the newer members of the Suzat, but I'm sure there's a few faces here who remember Abosi and Elrand."

---

The Khazâd and the Quendi

Two new (but old) prides have made themselves known! Better known among the Hobbits as the Dwarves and the Elves, the Khazâd and the Quendi have been around for quite a long time. Arkani was just a young Thain when he last saw Abosi and Elrand and they lost contact for years between then and now. Both prides are fairly reclusive but are allies with the Suzat and have been for generations. They are not, however, on the best terms with one another. They take their history and lore heavily from Lord of the Rings, just as the Suzat take their history and lore from the Hobbit. I'll be trying to get both prides off the ground within the next few months, but they are both open for new members! Follow the link below to read more about them and to have some SoA join up! Pretty much any rank is open with the exception of mates/children to the current rulers so apply for whatever you want!

Dwarves and Elves

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:17 pm
A bit of surprise, and approval, flashed across Siyo'Jini's features as he listened to the smaller male talk about his adventures in younger years. He couldn't imagine what sort of group Bilbo might have traveled with, as the shorter male was in his own words, more on the quiet side. Though, one had to admit, it could be nice to have a battle companion that wasn't as intense as others. It brought balance to a group, and that was much needed in a long journey. "It sounds like you enjoyed it quite a bit," Siyo commented with a nod of his heavy head. He himself couldn't imagine life without the constant ebb and flow of battle and combat. He just.... wouldn't be the same lion without it. A shell of himself, maybe, but nothing that would resemble who he really was.

The large dark lion was about to open his maw to ask Bilbo if he ever kept in contact with those old traveling companions, when the atmosphere suddenly took on a chilly tone. The cheerful back drop that Siyo had been listening to shifted to something more, hmm, fragile? Like a thin veil of ice had covered the previously warm crowd as the pleasant chatter turned to quiet murmuring. It set Siyo'Jini's nerves on edge as he immediately straightened up to adopt a more battle-ready stance. Such shifts in atmosphere immediately set off his warrior's instincts, and his emerald eyes searched the crowds for any disturbance that might warrant danger.

He didn't have to search long, as his eyes landed on three males standing near the front of the crowd, just as Arkani began to address everyone in attendance. Siyo's features seemed to melt from 'alert' to 'intense' as he focused his attention on the small tan male and the tall pale one. A quiet, thoughtful rumble reverberated in the back of Siyo'Jini's throat as he watched those two. The tension between them was as thick as mud, and clear to see. Quietly, Siyo'Jini dipped his maw closer to Bilbo so he could speak without being overheard. "What can you tell me about these two, Bilbo? Are they known to you?" Perhaps not, but Bilbo was a bit older, and he had mentioned being well traveled in his youth. Honestly, Siyo'Jini just wasn't sure if he trusted the tension between the two leaders to not blow up at any second.

SilverLutz

Jovi of Shadows

Dangerous Werewolf

7,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Team Jacob 100

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:02 pm
Bilbo gave a little chuckle as Siyo'Jini called out his enjoyment of being outside of the Suzat. It wasn't something he was itching to do again, but there were days he daydreamed about having another adventure.

The light laughter and chatter slowly died away and Siyo'Jini tensed, making Bilbo glance to the center of the gathering area where Arkani was greeting three familiar lions. Bilbo's smile slowly fell from his features, a pang of nostalgia gripping his heart.

"They are. The males moreso than the female," he added. Although he'd met Enzi briefly when she was a cub, he was very familiar with Abosi and Elrand. "The leaders of two old prides that border the Suzat. Abosi and Enzi, his heir, the natural colored lions. Those adventures I spoke of...Abosi was one of the lions that I traveled with. Elrand...well. He held us captive for a short period of time," he said with a slightly amused tone despite the less than happy expression on his face. "But he's a good lion at his core. We've made amends since then. He and Abosi however..."

Jovi of Shadows

---

As they were introduced, both darker lions stepped forward to survey those gathered. Abosi bobbed his head in greeting while Enzi dipped low in a formal bow more fitting of her rank. She wasn't the King yet, after all. Elrand turned as well, looking down his nose at those gathered, a little smirk on his face as Arakni spoke.

"Elrand, Abosi, Enzi," the Thain said as he turned to them once more, a warm if slightly strained smile on his face. "I'm overjoyed that you all came. But I believe the ceremony will begin shortly, so if you'd care to take a place among the crowd we can get to the partying faster."

"Oh, you Hobbits and your partying," Elrand said with a little laugh, but he bowed his head in respect towards the yellow lion and stepped out of the clearing to join those gathered. Enzi glared at the pale lion as she followed suit, sticking close to Abosi as he moved slowly away as well.

Arkani breathed a little sigh of relief and glanced around, eyes searching for Waikura.

---

Taking her cue, Waikura gave Lihras a little wink and a grin.

"Think that's my cue. Stick around after the ceremony, I'll make sure you don't get swept up in all the chaos." She trotted through the crowd after that, pausing to give the three new additions a brief greeting before bumping her head against Arkani's.

"You ready?" she asked with a wide smile. Arkani gave a slow sigh to relax himself, gave his mane a shake, and nodded.

"Yes, I think I am. Let's begin."

"Great!"

Waikura bounded to the center of the clearing where a small pile of logs had been piled and she climbed atop it to be seen and heard by all. She cleared her throat before giving a roar to silence the murmurs that had started up again since the King and Ingaran had stepped into the crowd.

"Welcome, friends new and old, Hobbits, dwarves, elves, and everyone else in between. Today is a joyous day, for our beloved Thain Arkani has finally found himself a mate!" Cheers went up with a few whoops of delight and once they settled Waikura pressed on. "I know we all thought we'd have to arrange a marriage for our busy leader, but it seems love finally made its way into his heart. And the lovely lioness that has captured our Thain's affection-"

She paused, scanning the crowd until she saw the familiar zebra pelt draped over Ukufana. She gave the lioness a little nod and the lions around her began to step aside, making a little aisle for her to walk down.

Ukufana took a deep breath as all eyes turned to her. She was never one to be the center of attention, but for Arkani she'd do anything. For this pride she called home she'd do anything. So carefully she took a step forward, one paw after the other, taking her time to make her way towards her future mate.

Juliette06

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:49 am
Siyo'Jini listened intently as Bilbo explained how he knew them. A silent 'Ah' passed his maw when Bilbo got to the part about them being held captive by the pale lion. Well, that certainly explained some of the bad blood, he supposed. Though he wondered if it went deeper than that? Perhaps he'd have to do some digging, or rather, he'd have Thunzi and his thieve's guild do the digging for him. There had to be more to that story, and Siyo'Jini was keen on learning about any potential conflicts that might arise. It was the mercenary in him. He could not help but see opportunity, with just a little more digging....

But not here, and not now. "That sounds like quite the adventure, and with a king as your companion no less," Siyo mused with a well-meaning smile. It would have been hard to miss the unhappy expressions Bilbo was making, but Siyo wasn't very good at dealing with or comforting any sort of negative emotions, so he it let it go without comment. Despite that, it seemed he had made quite the well-connected friend with Bilbo, and he was content to simply observe the rest of the ceremony with the calm companion.

It wasn't long until a roar shushed the crowd, and their attention was directed towards a pale lioness wearing a zebra pelt as she walked down the aisle of lions. This was, in fact, the first royal wedding Siyo'Jini had ever been to, so he was curious to see what all the fuss was about. Quietly, the large lion sat back on his haunches, and though his emerald eyes were transfixed on the ceremony, his ears were constantly swiveling to catch any stray sounds around himself. He was at ease as much as he could be, but there was always a part of him that expected danger at any given moment.

SilverLutz

Jovi of Shadows

Dangerous Werewolf

7,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Team Jacob 100

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:41 am
When Ukufana reached the center of the gathering she gave Arkani a tiny smile. The Thain returned it as his mate stood beside him and together the two turned to Waikura. She gave them both a little wink before launching into the ceremony.

As with most Hobbit functions, the highlight was the party. The marriage ceremony itself was short but sweet, full of promises of love and to cherish one another through all their lives. Once Waikura ended the ceremony with a proud declaration that the Suzat had a married Thain, the crowd erupted into roars of celebration.

Ukufana and Arkani were swept up immediately into the festivities, the tension from before the celebration forgotten. Brew began to flow, the food and iboga were shared, and music started up where the ceremony had been held to encourage those gathered to dance.

Bilbo glanced at Sioy'Jini with a little grin before nodding to the hoard of lions around the food area. He stood and made his way into the throng, hopeful that the press of bodies and the noise level wasn't unsettling for their guests.

Jovi of Shadows

---

And that's a wrap, folks! Thanks for coming to party with the Suzat. I'll be rolling for prizes now, thanks for hanging in there for this long ORP!  
SilverLutz generated a random number between 1 and 11 ... 10!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:43 am
1. Avid_RPer18 ( 4, 1, 2, 5, 3 )
2. Avid_RPer18
3. AstoriaFallen ( 3, 2, 1 )
4. Jovi of Shadows ( 2, 4, 5, 1, 3 )
5. Juliette06 ( 4, 1, 5, 3, 2 )
6. Jovi of Shadows
7. Juliette06
8. Jovi of Shadows
9. Juliette06
10. Jovi of Shadows
11. Jovi of Shadows  

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

SilverLutz rolled 1 6-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-6)

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:44 am
First pick: Jovi of Shadows - 2

2. Avid_RPer18
4. Juliette06 ( 4, 1, 5, 3, 2 )
5. Juliette06
6. Juliette06  
SilverLutz generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 3!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:48 am
First pick: Jovi of Shadows - 2
Second pick: Juliette06 - 4

2. Avid_RPer18

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero