Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Family Profiles
The Adams Family - Accepted!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blue_Chill

Sexy Gekko

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:46 am
xx
the tab tab ADAMS tab tab family
――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――
User Image
fartum tab fortis tab ranae

PETER ADAMS, PUREBLOOD. DECEASED 1975 – 2032 :: AGE 57 :: DEATH BY ERUMPET STAMPEDE
                                      (m) elizabeth, pureblood. DOB 28.05.1980 :: AGE 65 :: NPC :: last remaining grandparent in the Adams line

tab tab = CHILDREN =
                                      tab tab ADAM ADAMS, PUREBLOOD. DOB 10.07.2000 :: NPC :: has the potential to extend family tree

tab tab ARNOLD ADAMS, PUREBLOOD. DECEASED 2005- 2046 :: AGE 41 :: DEATH BY FALL OFF BROOM
                                      tab tab (m) janet adams, pureblood. DOB 02.12.2012 :: NPC :: mother to nathan and melinda

tab tab tab = CHILDREN =
                                      tab tab tab MELINDA ADAMS, PUREBLOOD. DOB 27.07.2043 :: PC PRE-STUDENT :: played by blue_chill
                                      tab tab tab NATHAN ADAMS, PUREBLOOD. DOB 15.10.2045 :: NPC PRE-STUDENT ::

PAUL ADAMS, PUREBLOOD. DECEASED 1980 – 2035 :: AGE 55 :: DEATH BY BACKFIRING WAND
                                      (m) hazel, mixed blood. deceased 1982 – 2050 :: AGE 68 :: DEATH BY SICKNESS

tab tab = CHILDREN =
                                      tab tab PHILLIP ADAMS, MIXED BLOOD. DOB 18.05.2009 :: NPC :: has the potential to extend family tree

ACCEPTED BY: 𝓖𝓻𝔂𝒇𝒇𝓲𝒆 07/27/2021
UPDATES ACCEPTED BY:
ACCEPTED CHARACTERS: Melinda [07/27/2021]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:40 am
xx

brief tab history tab of tab the tab family

::: AS TOLD BY GRANNY LIZZY :::
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

User ImageUser Image
                                Well, there is Peter, your grandfather Meli and my husband. We were married a few years after school and he joined the ministry, making lots of money. We had two sons; your father Arnold, bless his soul, and your Uncle Adam. Your day like to travel a lot as you know, and Adam is a writer. You know your father and mother married and had you and your brother, bah. What else? Oh yes Paul, he was a scholar of some sort, he would have been your Great Uncle I suppose. He was your grandfather’s brother, Paul yes … he married a nice lady called Hazel. I cannot recall what Hazel did for work but then they had Phillip. Phillip would be your second cousin? Or third? Hm, not too sure. I think he works at the bank… So, unless Phillip or your Uncle Adam have kids then it is just you; Melinda and Nathan, that continue the family line.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

xx  

Blue_Chill

Sexy Gekko

Blue_Chill

Sexy Gekko

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:22 pm
User Image
archives

User ImageUser Image
                                ::: FAMILY EVENTS OF NOTE :::

::: OLD NEWS :::

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:23 pm
User Image

MELINDA tab tab jane tab tab ADAMS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xx
tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab ::: GENERAL DETAILS :::
KNOWN AS ~ MEL, MELIUser Image
GENDER ~ FEMALE
AGE ~ ELEVEN
BIRTHDAY ~ 27.07.2043
BLOOD STATUS ~ PUREBLOOD
SEXUAL ORIENTATION ~ STRAIGHT
WAND ~ WILLOW, UNICORN HAIR, EIGHT INCHES
FACECLAIM ~ HILARY DUFF
PET ~ GREY HOUSECAT NAMED DUMBLE

tab tab tab ::: MAGICAL EDUCATION :::
SCHOOL ~ HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY
CURRENT YEAR ~ PRE-HOGAWARTS
HOGWARTS HOUSE ~
TEST RESULTS ~

WHERE DO YOU SEE YOURSELF IN 10 YEARS ~ AN ENTERTAINER MAYBE, IM TOO YOUNG TO KNOW FOR CERTAIN.
I WOULD LIKE TO DO SOMETHING TO HELP HEAL PEOPLE, BUT I WILL HAVE TO GET SMARTER FIRST

tab tab tab ::: A BIT ABOUT ME :::
LIKES ~ SUNSHINE, CANTALOPE, DUMBLE, SIMPLE TASKS, SLEEPING IN
DISLIKES ~ FAST TALKERS, PUZZLES, PORRIDGE, RAIN, READING
STRENGTHS ~ GARDENING, HELPING OTHERS
WEAKNESSES ~ CLUMSY, NOT TOO BRIGHT
FEARS ~ FAILING, FLYING

tab tab tab ::: I AM :::
EAGER, EASILY EXCITABLE AND KEEN TO START ANY NEW PROJECTS OR ACTIVITIES. ALWAYS ONE OF THE FIRST TO PUT HER HAND UP FOR A TASK, EVEN IF SHE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT THAT TASK IS. LIKES A CHALLENGE AND LIEKS BEING HELPFUL.
HANDS ON, MORE LIKELY TO ACTIVELY PARTICIPATE IN A PROJECT, ACTIVITY OR TASK IF IT REQUIRES HER TO ACTUALLY MOVE AROUND AND USE HER HANDS. SHE IS LESS LIKELY TO BE DISTRACTED THIS WAY.
HUMOROUS, LOVES TO LAUGH AND ENJOYS A GOOD JOKE OR JIBE, THOUGH NOT WHEN THEY ARE DIRECTED TOWARDS THE MISFORTUNE OF OTHERS. MELINDA BELIEVES LAUGHTER WILL HEAL THE WORLD.
HONEST, HAS NEVER FELT COMFORTABLE TELLING A LIE, AND FINDS IT HARD TO KEEP SECRETS FROM OTHERS. IT CAN BE VERY OBVIOUS WHEN MELINDA IS LYING BECAUSE ITS CLEARLY SOMETHING SHE DOES NOT WANT TO DO.
LONELY, DOESN’T LIKE TO ADMIT IT BUT HER CAT SOMETIMES SEEMS LIKE HER ONLY FRIEND. DIDN'T GROW UP WITH MANY PEOPLE HER OWN AGE AND THE LOSS OF HER FATHER EARLY ON MEANT SHE ONLY REALLY HAD HER MOTHER AND BROTHER FOR COMPANY.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

User ImageUser Image
tab tab tab ::: HISTORY :::
tab tab ~ YOU ARE MY SUNSHINE, MY ONLY SUNSHINE ~
You do not remember too much at the age of three. The smell of spicy cinnamon from the aftershave, the big belly laugh that made everyone smile, and calm dark blue skies, the colour of her father’s eyes. That was all, the rest Melinda knew were from the stories told or the pictures on the walls, all she remembered of her father were those three things. Although, growing up without a father wasn’t too bad. She had her beautiful, worrying mother; who Melinda thought she took after in the looks department, and she had her annoying little brother. (Never admit you actually like your siblings, they’ll hold it over you for life.) Her little family was amazing, they actually loved and respected each other, and only sometimes, Melinda felt the loneliness that came from a small hole in her heart where her father used to be.
The little blonde girl grew up in the family country home on the outskirts of town. It was a large place to run through, explore and have adventures. Nathan, Melinda’s brother, was two years younger and there were no close neighbours who were her age that she could play with. Her friend and confidant was her mother and they spent many afternoons gardening, dancing clumsily, and chatting about the world. Learning about the separation between muggles and wizards, learning what not to do and say in public, lest a muggle hear, was all very interesting. On numerous occasions, she had been tested to see what magic powers she had and her mother always commented that she had to ‘grow into them’. Melinda imagined herself growing taller and the powers filling her up from her tiptoes to her brain. She remained short, and she checked her height frequently, just in case. One day Melinda went to her mother and said sadly, “I must be a muggle, mommy.” Her mother had hugged her comfortingly. “No darling, just a late bloomer.”
Growing out of exploring the home, shopping trips became Melinda’s next big adventure. Often her mother would take her through the green fire and into a new place. The place changed too, sometimes they were really close to shops, and sometimes in another person’s home, and even a few times they had ended up at granny Lizzy’s house. It was not a magical fireplace, Melinda learnt later, because normal fires can be had there. It was the magic powder called ‘floo’ that made the fire green. The powder does not work on candles, (Melinda tried,) only on places you could fit a body part into. When her mother started letting Melinda pick her own clothing, the brightest items were those that caught her eye. The reds, blues and yellows. Even the bright greens and warm oranges. Her favourite by far was pink, it was both bright and comforting, and all the best dresses came in pink. Nathan, the booger, took one of her favourite pink jumpers and drew all over it with his fingers dipped in an ink pot. Melinda was so upset with him that she cried all night, and the next morning something weird had happened. ALL of Nathan’s clothes had changed overnight, they were all pink! Melinda thought she was going to get into so much trouble because she’d wanted to get revenge on Nathan and it just had happened! Instead, her mother laughed… laughed! And she hugged her daughter and said, “About time too.”
After Nathan’s clothes had faded back to their original colours, the had taken a family shopping trip to the pet store. They had animals around the home but no actual pets before so the kids were both excited. Their mother told them that this pet was to be Melinda’s only, a present for becoming a witch. Pleased and twisting her face up in serious thought, Melinda had browsed the shop for nearly an hour before she found a kitten behind the attendant’s desk. One look into its eyes and Melinda knew. It seemed to know her too. The grey male meowed softly, and Melinda thought it would have said something like, “It’s you.” They took him home, he was dubbed Dumble, and he became Melinda’s shadow. The little blonde often imagined he spoke to her, and it could have just been her lonely heart, but Melinda let herself believe it and she spoke back to him like she had heard. Mostly it was just commenting on how silly she was being, sometimes it was serious warnings, and even comments on her clothing choices. Melinda felt like Dumble was becoming her common sense, the voice she wanted to hear from her father but never would.
She and her brother were home-schooled by their mother instead of going to a muggle school, and she got to learn about herself and what she was most interested in.
Not the brightest page in the book, Melinda nonetheless gave everything a try. She was not a fan of reading and writing; it gave her a headache and she was easily distracted away from the page. Sports were fun and exciting, and Melinda would have loved to do more but she was clumsy and lacked the coordination to catch and throw a ball properly. Even just plain running on a grassy field and she would trip over her own feet. Since she loved colours, Melinda tried to be creative and learn about art. Turned out she wasn’t good at that either. Her mother always had a kind word to say when Melinda felt she wasn’t living up to her great families’ expectations of her. “Late bloomer,” “Slow and steady,” or even “One task at a time.” But her favourite thing her mother had said about her learning was, “There is something you are good at out there, we just haven’t found it yet.” It had made the girl smile and grow determined. “Yeah,” she would say to Dumble later. “So, I’m not great at everything, I know that. But one day … one day soon, I’ma find out what I am great at. Until then I’ll just keep trying.” Dumble rolled over and lazily yawned, ~That’s the spirit.~

tab tab ~YOU MAKE ME HAPPY WHEN SKIES ARE GREY ~
((CHARACTER’S HISTORY FROM AGE 11 TO 14, WILL BE UPDATED ON CHARACTER’S 14TH BIRTHDAY))

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
User Image
UPDATED xxxx

::: UPDATES MADE :::
■ xxxx
■ xxxx
■ xxxx

PENDED BY :::
ACCEPTED BY :::
RECENT UPDATES ACCEPTED BY :::

Blue_Chill

Sexy Gekko

Family Profiles