8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:17 pm
Nereid
Lunarence  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:14 am
Hiding in plain sight, hiding from most rumors, don't make a big fuss, hide, don't tell anyone you are a son of a god, don't act mighty. We are slaves. That is what Lunarence continued to remind himself. Unlike his siblings his sleep schedule was all out of wack especially with Giza bringing him on guard duty. Not knowing if he was doing it because he wanted company on the guard time or because he was genuinely wanted to help Lunarence feel important in some way. Guards were proud of their job. They protected the pride. That was his only friend, or what he would consider a friend. This morning, like most mornings- Giza would wake him up and drag him out of bed to patrol. Yet this morning it was entirely new.

Soft paws nudged against his mane.

"A little while long Giza~"

"It's me Nereid..." The whisper was soft.

Quickly the male rolled over and bowed. "My lady!" Then hushed himself. Looking at his siblings sleeping. "What are you doing here?" He moved up slowly and began guiding her back outside the den so they could talk.

"How can I help you?" He bowed quickly.

"How many times do I tell you to stop bowing to me?"

"Many... I'm sorry it is just normal now."

"Well the Queen decided we are all equal so think of me as a friend then. Ok? Friends." Petting his head with her paw.

"Friends." That made two, since her husband Eris was still kinda rubbed the wrong way and almost attacked him for simply being there at the wrong time.

"I am going to pick some herbs to get our huntresses a little energy boost. That's why I need the help."

"What happened to the one whom usually helps you."

"Well... She is sleeping and I would like to get to know you better. Plus Giza told me a lot about you and how you are excellent at following directions. So for today.... would you like to be my helping paw?"

Lunarence thought about this.... it wasn't a trap right? So he could be cornered and beat up by the ex-nobles? No... Nereid seemed to sympathize with them before the announcement so that couldn't be it. "I see... very well.. My siblings are still sleeping because of the full moon and helping the pride even more now. So let us move away from my den, my lady."

"Lunarence..." Petting his forehead. "Stop that, and lets go!"

She went forward and began to head for the boarders. She knew that Giza was up and patrolling already. Her mate was usually sleeping in these hours as she was up. He guarded at night. She moved around in the day time. Lunar followed after her close in toe behind her. His tail lowered as to show that he had no idea what he should be doing, and how awkward this was.

While she moved forward, the poise and the energy she brought was beautiful. Lunar watched her in wonderment and now began to realize why Eris fawned over her so often.

"Why do you do this... still. Even after becoming a huntress?"

Nereid thought a moment and looked over to him without stopping her gait. "Well. I suppose because I have it inside me to continue to live by what the Great Lion has given us. To take care of the pride that he cherished so much. Some forget that elders need tending to... and how cubs need to continue their new understanding of the pride. Adding hunting is no different."  

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items