Welcome to Gaia! ::

100 Days of Art Event

Back to Guilds

This is a self-improving event for ARTISTS! 

Tags: 100days, Drawing, creative, Improve, Event 

Reply 100 Days Event (2023)
🥶️ Faery Nuff Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Faery Nuff

Site Moderator

Magic Manifestation

36,900 Points
  • The Ring: Vol2 Master Collector 250
  • March 2020 Collector 250
  • Wing Mastery 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:05 pm
Day # 60
Theme: finish improve
Time spent: 1h

User Image

Comments: tired today  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:37 pm
*sigh* I'm done.

I'm not going to bang out rushed art for people even if it is free.
I'll make good on the art I've promised in my freebies thread but I wont be carrying on with this event.

Each of my drawings is A5, so that I can get the detail in. I can't zoom. It's not on the computer. And that's a heck of a lot of colouring, I can't bucket fill and gradient fill, I have to do it all by hand. It's 10pm here and the deadline that I was working to has been brought back by 24 hours and the last 8 of that I'll be asleep because I'm not in your time zone.

If I'd known I only had 6 days I would have made them half the size and maybe I could have finished in time but I was under the impression that we had a week. I'm not great at maths but a week from Tuesday is not Sunday night. There is no way on god's green earth that I can colour 6 pictures before midnight.

This is insane. The spirit challenges were always used to get us working together but this feels like some horrible chore. I can't even PM this to a Mod because I'm not really sure who is running this event and I can't find the info on any of the pages which should have the info on. The soul has gone out of this event, I won't be joining in again.

I won't post this in the main thread because I don't want any drama.
To whoever is reading this, good luck with the rest of the event and I'll see you around.

Hello,

I would like to address and clear up a few things. No one asked you to pick the Spirit Challenge, there were other themes that were available for you to choose. You had plenty of Spirit Passes.

I don't understand why you got so hung up over the "one week" part when the deadline stated the end of Day 061. While that was a mistake on my behalf for using the phrase "you will have one week to complete the challenge", it could have been addressed prior to the day of the deadline. The challenge went out on Monday, April 24th. You did not say anything until Sunday, April 30th.

Hard mode requirements:
✧ 7 requests minimum
✧ They must be at least a bust (aka, neck and part of the torso is required)
OR one complete full body color / two complete half body color
Definition of complete = inked, colored, and shaded
(hint: use sitting poses to assist with time management on the full body requirement)

If you were unsure or unclear about the rules that you read, questions could have been addressed. 7 requests minimum that needs to be at least a bust, which is defined by neck and part of the torso.... those can ALL be sketches. Rough beautiful sketches that should take 10-15 minutes for those who are already drawing and know what they're doing. Those who are a little newer would take more time even with sketches.

Sketches like this:
User ImageUser Image

No one asked for six colored pieces from you. The second option part of the challenge was for those who just want to focus on one person/character. Which is why the requirement involved a complete colored piece.

All of us sitting in the mod position for this event are working with a full plate. All of us are running the event. You could have messaged any of us (even Karma or Cabbie would have forwarded your questions to us on Discord for you). You knew exactly who you had been interacting with for sixty days of the event. Just because you did not like the Spirit Challenge, that does not give you the right to insult it.

- Chii

Day 061

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Faery Nuff

Site Moderator

Magic Manifestation

36,900 Points
  • The Ring: Vol2 Master Collector 250
  • March 2020 Collector 250
  • Wing Mastery 100
100 Days Event (2023)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash