Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Extended Discussion!
worlds of life Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deep stuff this. But is lacking a poll.
  Remember it next time. -The Shaz-
View Results

Manji-luo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:23 pm
Metalic_Noodles
Religion is belief. What you believe is your religon. I know now what I believe, therefore I have no religon. I also believe that most people who say that they are this or that relgon or only so because of hoe they were raised and that they don't believe. The few that do believe is because that's all they know. nothing has come to differ thier mind, or that happened for such a length of time that thier mind holds no doubt 'that's the way it was and has always been'.
trust me, i believe in God, and that's not all i know. i dont seem like it msot of the time, but i'm a Catholic all right. and trust me, i've had my ups and downs.

i hit rock bottom when i had depression, and i stopped believing in God. my parents tried to get me back into God and for some reason, ever since that time, God has helped make things better for me. he helped shape me to be who i am, and i own Him for doing so. so i have become more religious as ti hope pay my "debt" to him 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:31 pm
Manji-luo
Metalic_Noodles
Religion is belief. What you believe is your religon. I know now what I believe, therefore I have no religon. I also believe that most people who say that they are this or that relgon or only so because of hoe they were raised and that they don't believe. The few that do believe is because that's all they know. nothing has come to differ thier mind, or that happened for such a length of time that thier mind holds no doubt 'that's the way it was and has always been'.
trust me, i believe in God, and that's not all i know. i dont seem like it msot of the time, but i'm a Catholic all right. and trust me, i've had my ups and downs.

i hit rock bottom when i had depression, and i stopped believing in God. my parents tried to get me back into God and for some reason, ever since that time, God has helped make things better for me. he helped shape me to be who i am, and i own Him for doing so. so i have become more religious as ti hope pay my "debt" to him 3nodding

Same on this end, except replace Catholic with Protestant, and depression with one solid year of not acting very Christian-like. It was right before New Years Eve that I suddendly felt drawn in again. I felt an overwhelming feeling of guilt and dread of the consiquences of my actions. Ever since then, I've been trying harder and harder to become a good Christian. 3nodding  

Shazbot_the_Pirate

0_babii_giirl_0

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:30 am
DO YOU BELIEVE IN GOD? HEAVEN AND HELL?

WELL....................
I DON'T  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:30 am
Exactly your own personal hell your put in a steel cage with many doors its up to you to pick wich hell you have and maybe if your lucky we wont slam you into it scream  

Rage Shinobi

Crimson Sonata

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:31 pm
lol, RageDruid rofl pirate

Religion is freeeeedommm!  
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 10:01 am
Hmm my personal theory on heaven and hell is this, We make it what it is, i believe that the world were in at the moment can be our own personal heaven or hell...

I believe that when we pass we move onto something which appeals to us, we move where we want to.. and for some they may wish to see hell, others heaven and some might wish to remain right where they are.

maybe im weird thinking this lol but this world is what we make it so therefore so should the future worlds.  

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

Archarion

Romantic Heckler

6,250 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:31 pm
Shazbot_the_Pirate
You know, I had a theory based on that very premise. The idea that our soul inhabits two bodies; one sleeping while the other is awake. And when one falls asleep, your soul transfers into your other body in another world. Your dreams are what you experience in that world.

That's the reason you have a hard time remembering dreams; their memories are in another world.

I was going to make story/manga based on it, but I'm still toying with it.

Also: please try to remember to add polls to your topics. 3nodding

i love that thought but it doesnt explain ALL dreams. i mean are you saying we relive our past? or that there is an actual person living right now in another plain that is u?
cuas if ur opting for the second choice im gonna have to disagree...i might be willing to say yes to the first one i mentioned.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:30 pm
depends on what your own personal definition of hell is.
if its pain, its its torture, if its death of people you love... etc. hell is what you make of it, same with heaven.

Phantom-Deks

gtgtfgjhm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:47 pm
Shazbot_the_Pirate
You know, I had a theory based on that very premise. The idea that our soul inhabits two bodies; one sleeping while the other is awake. And when one falls asleep, your soul transfers into your other body in another world. Your dreams are what you experience in that world.

That's the reason you have a hard time remembering dreams; their memories are in another world.

that may be true but i remember most of my dreams and lately i've been having dreams about my birthday because it is coming up soon and theres been a change in time for my party and noone knows about it. So i have dreams that people come at the wrong time or even the wrong day! so how can our dreams be in another world when the relate to this one?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:21 pm
Shazbot_the_Pirate

How interesting...  

swtlildee1

NuclearBatman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:36 pm
I myself am Christian and believe what many Christians believe, but what I think about dreams is that they are a kind of "alternate universe." Sort of like an "Anti-Earth." And why you may have dreams that end up happeneing in real life is becuase our Earth and this "Anti-Earth" interact with each other in some kind of way that effect what happens in the other.

It may be a little far fetched but hey, what do we know for real about the after life and Heaven and Hell.  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:14 am
omfg
Quote:
you guys all have powerful points. but one thing that i'd like to add on is that personal hell.

i'm Roman Catholic, and i was taught that Hell is only what you make of it. it really IS your own personal hell, and it's different for every person.

when you think about it, it really DOES make sense that way. you go to hell to be punished. if you like warmth, you could get locked in a frozen meat locker. if you like room temperature and cant stand the heat, then you'll literally burn from the heat. Satan has a way of punishing everyone for what his or her own sins were, and it only makes sense that the punishment would be something that actually DOES pain you (fears will probably also be included). how would satan know this? well, when you look at it religiously, he's the one that tempts you into sin, so he should be able to watch and know your fears and dislikes as well.

and as for Shaz's idea of our minds creating alternate worlds for dreams, i have one thing to say to this:

ever since i was about 5 or 6 years old, all of my dreams have become reality (so far) in some way shape or form. they all started out with locations and stuff, and eventually, i started coming across these exact locations in my life. (i.e. in junior high we went to this TAAS camp [TAAS was the old texas statewide test]. in the camp there was this big lake with a little thin strip of land where you could walk across the lake on it. it was kinda to the left side of the big lake. i dreamt in a dream a year or two before that that it was a bright sunny day out and i was walking across that strip of land to get to the otehr side of the lake. when i got to the TAAS camp, it was the EXACT same situation, except the sky was overcast, not clear like in my dream, and the girls cabins were visible behind the trees in the background).

later on however, the dreams started becoming actual situations that have happened in my life. i cant name a few, because they were all little things that i dreamt of and then i jsut remembered in a flash "woah, deja vu". but one thing i DID remember was FFX-2. if you've played it, then you'll know what i'm talking about:
when Yuna falls into that big hole the first time, she wakes up on this land mass with a field of purple flowers all around her. in the background there are floating pillars of earth with water flowing out of the top of it, and falling into the nothingness below. there was also an aurora borealis in the sky too. i dreamt about that EXACT same spot...and when i played Final fantasy X-2, i got to that point and my jaw LITERALLY hit the floor. i had to pause the game, turn off the tv and i literally spent the next 30 minutes taking a break and thinking "holy s**t!" the entire time. i kid you not!

there was also this nightmare where i dreamt i stabbed my brother to death with a knife, but all i dreamt of was me holding the knife in my blod-soaked hands, and my brother lying on the ground, dead, with many stab wounds in his stomache. that hasn't happened, and i'm VERY glad that it hasn't! (even though i do hate my brother, i love him because he's family. i literally woke up from that dream crying)

how can you write that much if your not the thread maker but i really don't understand much about this to make a statment.... because really to me im supost to be a Jeovah's witness but i have realised religion leaves to many thingd un answered.... so i ma now nothing but i elieve that hell and heavan is what you make it

so Shaz, my question to you is this: if our dreams form a different world, then why is mine that i dream about the exact same one that i live in?

...and better yet, why is it that way?  

nightslipper

nightslipper

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:15 am
yeah um i didn't quote to well so that last part was supposed to be in the quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:43 am
In dreams the brain is working at the flood of data, which were received subliminal over a day. While sleeping we enter our subconciousness and see it "work". If our brain was a computer, our subconciousness would be the RAM.

There is nothing special about dreams. Their only special ability is to reflect the current condition of the dreamer.

Remembering a dream has to deal with the seperation of "important" and "not important" working in the brain. Sometimes, you can remember important parts of the dream.  

Verderbnis

Extended Discussion!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces