No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "WYH" What's Your Hobby?
Anyone doing martial arts? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

If you are taking martial arts, which one(s) are you taking?
  Shotokan
  Tae Kwon Do
  Kenpo
  Kung Fu
  Bunkai
  Jiu Jitsu
  And everything else I forgot...
View Results

Andy O_O

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:22 am
I take southern ji do kwan karate im about to get my first brown belt which means just two more till black.  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:07 pm
I'm in tae kwon do and i just reached first degree black belt. biggrin  

kitmastro

Nova Firespiral

Unsealed Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:10 pm
I have the worst luck with martial arts.

I started in Karate. Left because the teacher switched and the new guy was a total jerk. I also injured my knee and had to have surgery at this time. Only got up to yellow belt.

I then went to Tang Soo Do. Left that one because the price got too high. Only made it up to an orange/green belt.

I then went to Judo. That school shut down. I wasn't there long enough to test.

I then went to Ju Jutsu out at college. The teacher left before I could test.

Now, I am doing a combination of Tang Soo Do, Tae Kwon Do, and Hap Ki Do. I just started there and am only doing this during the summer.

So, all in all, I have no luck with martial arts.

I really would like to get a black belt someday and open my own school with my future husband, whoever he may be.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:05 pm
User Image
I did Tae Kwon Do for awhile, at the same place my parents went (Dad's a black belt and mom's a red belt with black stripe). I was up to a Green belt, but the owner/teacher died and they closed the place.
I've been practicing Kenjutsu for about a year and a half. I'm mostly self-taught, so I can't say I'm a pro or anything. sweatdrop
User Image

Dante_Sonata

R0ssby

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:02 pm

I absoltuly love martial arts! Nothing better then sparring in a competition, gets the blood flowing and adrenaline flowing.

I've practiced both Chito Ryu karate and Shotokan karate. I got to blue in Chito Ryu, but had to leave because my sensei was a really arse and I'm only a white belt in Shotokan, but if I can keep it up I'll be back to blue within the year. It's mostly clashing schedules that's restricting me right now, I'm always working when there's karate so I haven't been able to sign up for it.

I'm hoping to round out my styles though. I'd love to do a bit of kickboxing and judo, maybe a bit of mixed. I just look for the chance for competition fighting, not because I'm a violent person but because I just absoltuly love the competition.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:40 pm
my older bro and I take Nido Jitsu. We're both orange belt lvl. but, we're a little out fo ractice since we had to wait about a year b4 we could take lessons again. high school came first.  

Winnyao

Devil Nightlord_Dante

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:29 am
I took Tricking classes, since its a mix of most martial arts. But I cannot remember what rank I'm in, since I'm more into increasing my abilities overall. =P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb-8INMGbN0  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:37 am
I have been doing Tae Kwon Do for almost 2 years now! I'm a black belt first degree working for my second degree and i also teach it during the summer.  

XoX-Cube-XoX

Crazemiser

2,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:26 am
...Um, well.. the only thing I've been doing is Aikido.. It's more of a defensive style, rather. I've only gone up to Yellow Belt.. I was supposed to earn myself a Green belt by the end of summer.. but I moved. So. I can't continue in that same dojo anymore.

crying

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:26 pm
Takeshi no Hayabusa
I took Tricking classes, since its a mix of most martial arts. But I cannot remember what rank I'm in, since I'm more into increasing my abilities overall. =P
]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb-8INMGbN0

Wow, that's crazy! Honestly, alot of it I can't really see the defensive or offensive benefit but it looks awfully freakin' cool.  

R0ssby

Abrien Sliver

Generous Capitalist

7,850 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:04 pm
I've recently taken up Kajukenbo, It's a self defense art, I only know one technique so far ._.;; but I'm getting there.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:40 am
i'm looking to start up martial arts but i'm not sure which kind i should try.  

Elizabeth Kitchener

gayjoongie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:06 pm
Ima takin' Tang Soo Do.

:3

Ima purple belt, or 7th Gup, I think.... v.v  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:22 am
I'm not but my bf is =) he is taking tae kwon do and is either a blue or a green belt..  

Cecilia Rose

5,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
"WYH" What's Your Hobby?

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items