Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Extended Discussion!
anti animal and plant harmers and what they eat

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do you agree with this?
  yes
  no
  I obviously dont care -_-''
View Results

elemanic67

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:39 pm
wouldnt you say
that no matter what you do your going to eat a once living organism?

see even if your eating soy cubes and things like that they came from a plant.... so i ask whats the point of trying not to eat living things when there is absolutly no way you can? ... unless your going to eat dirt  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:51 pm
domokun Isn't dirt composed of dead organisims? So you're kinda of eating living things in a way.

I don't really have a problem with a person not wanting to eat aniamals, but just don't preach to me why I shouldn't eat meat.  

Goddess Ace
Crew

Shazbot_the_Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:29 pm
SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE! gonk

This would actually work better as a post in my PETA thread. 3nodding

How do I merged topic?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:08 am
Personally, I like meat. I like wearing leather and (when it's cold) fur. I've even worked in a fur salon before. (Which is why I hate PETA so much, btw.)

If someone chooses to be a vegetarian, that's their choice, of course. I'm not going to beat them over the head and tell them they're wrong, as long as they don't beat me over the head either.

But the original question has still been unanswered. What do you eat if you don't want to eat something that's been alive? There is simply nothing *to* eat if you don't want to eat organisms. In order for us to have the building blocks for life, we must eat life. That's the way we were created. Even if you were able to live on nothing but basic chemicals, those chemicals had to come from somewhere, extracted from, you got it, living organisms.

I think the Native Americans did it best. They used what they needed of the land, and no more. They honored the spirit of the animals they killed, and they honored the spirit of the land they cultivated. To waste anything was a shame. But they did eat meat and they did cultivate, or gather, plants.

I don't think there really is an answer to this question.  

Mara_Brightwing

-Beyo the Flower Ninja-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:08 am
Goddess Ace
domokun Isn't dirt composed of dead organisims? So you're kinda of eating living things in a way.

I don't really have a problem with a person not wanting to eat aniamals, but just don't preach to me why I shouldn't eat meat.

i agree, veggies shouldn't preach veggie-ism. ads are one thing, but shoving soy into your throat is another

in the same way, meat-eaters shouldn't tell veggies to eat meat.

see, i eat meat, but i'm TRYING to go veggie. sound silly, but it's hard. especially since i'm brazilian, and we have the ebst barbecue ever. but i am going to go veg for a month when i turn 15. jsut a new corner-stone kinda thing, yknow? anyways, i actually have friends who tell me i'm stupid for wanting to do that. what the hell is wrong with me wanting to promote the peace i believe in?

and then i have people who call me a hypocrite because i'm a pacifist, strongly agaisnt any violence, yet i eat meat.

hahaha sorry for rambling. anyways, wish me luck in my month-long meat protest  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:52 am
Mara_Brightwing
Personally, I like meat. I like wearing leather and (when it's cold) fur. I've even worked in a fur salon before. (Which is why I hate PETA so much, btw.)

If someone chooses to be a vegetarian, that's their choice, of course. I'm not going to beat them over the head and tell them they're wrong, as long as they don't beat me over the head either.

But the original question has still been unanswered. What do you eat if you don't want to eat something that's been alive? There is simply nothing *to* eat if you don't want to eat organisms. In order for us to have the building blocks for life, we must eat life. That's the way we were created. Even if you were able to live on nothing but basic chemicals, those chemicals had to come from somewhere, extracted from, you got it, living organisms.

I think the Native Americans did it best. They used what they needed of the land, and no more. They honored the spirit of the animals they killed, and they honored the spirit of the land they cultivated. To waste anything was a shame. But they did eat meat and they did cultivate, or gather, plants.

I don't think there really is an answer to this question.
plus no matter what you eat its going to have micro-organisms on it which are alive  

elemanic67

DinoRawr21022

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:44 pm
i must say, i dont understand the anti plant (harmers) but i do understand the anti- animal eaters blaugh . Some people just lvoe animals so much, they jsut can't bring themselves to eat them. The there are people who look at meat and gag.

Me? I look at ground beef,sausage, bologna, etc, and gag. But i eat steak and chicken.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:16 am
I'm a vegetarian. I don't preach my choices to other people; but I find a lot of people have this hatred for vegetarians / vegans and have this serious problem with our dietary choices.

I don't eat meat because I don't believe in supporting cruelty. Plants don't have a nervous system so they can't feel pain.

[ theoretic martyr ]

Extended Discussion!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff