Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Ohio Guild!!

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who live in Ohio, or visit! 

Tags: Ohio, Convention, Columbus, Cleveland, Midwest 

Reply Welcome To The Ohio Guild!
what do you think of cleveland

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cloud4891

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:44 pm
what do you think made cleveland so poor.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:21 am
cloud4891
what do you think made cleveland so poor.

the fact it is a big city.... I was there last weekend! ^^ With a bunch of people I grew up with and some people i didn't know! ^^  

THE Great Mysterious inu

Shameless Exhibitionist

7,250 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • First step to fame 200

Vamp909

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 1:18 pm
I grew up in Akron so I think its pretty cool I guess!!! smile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:00 am
it is sooooo big!!  

darker_than_the_shadows

Nanae Chrono Kurogane

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:43 pm
Well i was born there and my dad lives there so i would say that the people are just lazy that live there and it just spread like wildfire  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:54 pm
well, cleveland became prosperous in the first place during the big steel boom. it had tons and tons of steel mills, which employed tons of people and produced things. cleveland was the place to be, and a large part of the heart of the steel industry.

except then the steel industry pretty much died. in any case, it left cleveland. when th steel mills began to shut down, the number of jobs went down. people left to find other kinds of employment. and we haven't boomed like that since.

in a nutshell.

Nappy

Heikki

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:47 pm
We discussed this in one of my journalism courses the other day. An intriguing counterpoint though, there is young wealthy people moving into the city and buying up buildings/restaurants apparently. What's going to happen to Cleveland?

Otherwise, I like Cleveland. It's a nice city.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:59 pm
Heikki
We discussed this in one of my journalism courses the other day. An intriguing counterpoint though, there is young wealthy people moving into the city and buying up buildings/restaurants apparently. What's going to happen to Cleveland?

Otherwise, I like Cleveland. It's a nice city.

probably nothing. when alot of people think of cleveland, they think of a dirty city. but that's still good. on the off-chance i go to college in the cleveland area, it'd be nice to have somewhere to go out at night. XD  

Nappy

DanPro05

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:32 am
I love clevland its one of the best citys in ohio  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:36 am
Nappy
well, cleveland became prosperous in the first place during the big steel boom. it had tons and tons of steel mills, which employed tons of people and produced things. cleveland was the place to be, and a large part of the heart of the steel industry.

except then the steel industry pretty much died. in any case, it left cleveland. when th steel mills began to shut down, the number of jobs went down. people left to find other kinds of employment. and we haven't boomed like that since.

in a nutshell.

NAFTA*cough*

Uhm, what made cleveland so poor? Poor leadership, poor spending, not to mention poor citizens. >_>
Poor Education.
So forth etc. =p
But mostly the steel death.

Hehe, as for what I think of Cleveland, I live there. I don't think of it highly. =p  

Nil Recurring

CheckD3

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:57 am
*Sings Drew Carey Theme song "Cleveland Rocks"

Cleveland is the best city  
Welcome To The Ohio Guild!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items