• Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:48 am
((Posting now open.))  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:55 am
An Account of the New World by Padre Miguel Hernandez Soto de Santiago

Day 1

I rode to the heathen village with several other settlers. Young Christien was the only other member of the Catholic faith there, and it was nice to talk to him on this journey through pagan territory. There was some confusion at first involving some fool firing a gun, but when we arrived, a young girl greeted us and offered us some of the local food. I tasted the first bite to be certain that no one in my party would die without reconciliation with the Lord. But my fears were unfounded; the food was delicious.

I saw Arama near several strange horses and a unicorn. Yes, a unicorn; I didn't believe it until the unicorn walked up to me and started chewing my clothing. A black horse that appeared to have the mark of a demon on one of its legs joined the unicorn in harassing me. Meanwhile, one of the heathens decided to try to ride Arama. Though I did my best to help her, the girl kicked Arama, sending her running back to our camp. I was exhausted after chasing after her.

Overall, this land shows some promise, but at the same time, I fear for the future. The Lord will protect me, but I do not know if I will be successful in bringing these people to the faith.

((http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=3249015))  

Freodwyn

Distinct Elocutionist

14,500 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200

Freodwyn

Distinct Elocutionist

14,500 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:58 pm
Arama Meets Tally

Campien
Tally was in the open clear medow it was a beautiful day this made tally in a grat mood tally galloped around then stoped she began to eat a nice patch of grass''yum''she stoped and lay down in the soft grass and she listend to everything around her

Freodwyn
Arama was free from her work for a while; she had been set loose with her saddle removed, so she had decided to explore the meadow. She wanted to find the lake later, since she had heard good things about it from the first native steeds she had met, but for now she was content to nibble on the grass. It tasted so much better than anything on the ship; even the old land didn't have grass this fresh. It was as she was walking along nibbling that she saw another horse--err, Soquili. She was going ot have to get used to the new words for things around here. "Hello!" she called out.

Campien
Tallys eard percked up she stood up quike''hm''she looked at the other mare and stped back a bit her bent her ears back to her skull''who mite you be i have never seen you befor''but then tally put her ears back to normla''Im tally and who mite you be''she walked around the mare and looked her up and down

Freodwyn
"A pleasure to meet you, Tally," the bay mare said, though as she noted the movement of the other's ears, she worried that she had broken some rule on accident. "My name is Arama. I can explain why you haven't seen me before; I just came here from across the great water with my master."

Campien
Tally stoped and then returnd her ears back down to her skull''you mean pale skins Tally do not like them no no''Tally steped up and made her self look big she stoped her hoof''Pale skins make horrible smoke make the air horibble...but pale skins soquilis are ok''Tally went back to her sweet self and layed down and looked up at the pale skin mare''its good to meat you two do you have any friends''

Freodwyn
"They aren't making the air horrible anymore," Arama said. "They were just building shelter and cooking food for their supper. But it would be best if that topic was dropped, as I can talk from sunrise to sunset defending my master," she glanced back in the direction from where she had come. "I have my friend Ansel, who rode on the ship with me...and I met some nice Soquilis named Anwaety, Vibrant, Kanati, and...lots of Soquilis. Everyone was so nice when we arrived. Some of your masters---err, humans don't know how to use a saddle, so I got accidentally kicked, but overall I'm happy here so far."

Campien
''that good tally and Arama could be friends..i have another friend wapi wapi mean the world to tally but tally to scared to tell him if someone hert wapi that make tally mad...but Tally can never tell wapi this no...no''Tally got up and smiled again

Freodwyn
Arama listened carefully to what Tally had said. "I'm glad we can be friends. This Wapi sounds like a nice fellow. Why are you so scared to tell him that you care about him?" she asked, blinking in confusion.

Campien
Tally looked down''Yes wapi is but...Tally dont think Wapi feel same way with Tally,Tally wanna be wth Wapi forever tally die for wapi..''Tally swished her tail around''do you feel like this with anyone''Tally looked down again

Freodwyn
Arama smiled as she lowered her head to try to cheer Tally up. "I can't say that I have found anyone like that yet. I have heard about such things in my old land, and my master is always talking about people willing to die for others, but this is the first time I've heard of it directly. What makes you think Wapi doesn't feel the same way?" she asked. "You're a very pretty mare; any stallion is bound to see that."

Campien
Arama Made tally smile''thank you not sure but i just think that tally just want Wapi to Be happy..thank you Arama''Tally bowed then picked up a blue flower and poped it into Aramas Main''Arama look beautiful''

Freodwyn
Arama looked at the flower as saw Tally pick it. "Thank you! I've never seen a flower quite like that one before; this place really is lovely. As for the happiness of Wapi, just be yourself around him, and perhaps he will be happiest with you. And if not...there are plenty of nice stallions around here. You deserve happiness too, Tally."

Campien
''Tally feel bad Tally realy like wapi..oh i do be my self around well him yes well i must go bye hope to see you again''Tally galloped off at full speed she jumped over a fallen log and ran into the forest

Freodwyn
Arama watched the other mare run off, and grinned. For some reason, she liked to see others in love. It was so sweet and innocent, like she wished the world would be all the time.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:33 pm
He hadn't been around for the arrival of the settlers, or rather he had but he had chosen to avoid them following the unusual manner in qhich they treated their Soquili and htus, it was only when the Kawani Village had confirmed to him that they were friendly that he had made his way to the Shores (a rare thing for him) to bestow a gift upon new man who had set foot on their shores.

Behind him, although she kept her distance was of course Yei who was considerably uncertain as to how to take these odd settlers given the odd 'clothes' they put on their soquili, they made them eat metal for goodness sake!

Even so, Achak assessed the situation and when he was sure that he was alone (or he assumed he was) he crept forward and very carefully set down the small leather bag which contained a number of things...

In the Bag
1. A crudely drawn map indicating the various regions (mountains, lakes, village, clearing...)

2. A set of hardened dyes (perhaps to paint a teepee?)

3. An odd pot of mint smelling gloop (ointment?)[/
quote]

Once he had done this he stepped away from the Teepee, glanced at Yei (who returned his gaze) and swiftly backed away from the Pale-faced man's new home...now no one could say he was anti social!

Epine de Rose

Freodwyn

Distinct Elocutionist

14,500 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:44 pm
Day 3

I stepped outside the primitive shelter I have erected and discovered that someone had left a bag nearby. At first I did not notice it, for I was reading a particularly interesting passage of Scripture, but when I did discover it, I did my best to find the owner. He or she was nowhere in sight, and neither was Arama. Of course, I have been letting her wander of late, for I have no need to travel as of yet.

There was a very facinating map in the bag, which I intend to use in later days. If this is an accurate map, it could be the breakthrough I need to fully explore this land.

The other objects in the bag I did not recognize, though one set dyed my fingers for quite some time. I think there is still some red left in my hands. In a fit of inspiration, I colored a cross over the entrance to this structure, so that I may be constantly be reminded of my duty here.

There is an odd-smelling concoction that I have not discovered the use for yet. For now, I will keep it outside of my primitive house to keep the malicious humours from getting me sick.

((Thanks for visiting! ^_^))  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:18 am
Arama Meets Rajata

Freodwyn
Arama was free from her saddle for the moment, and with the promise of a day without work, she was happily exploring the area for signs of new things. This new world was such an exciting place; she had already made several new friends, and she hoped to make several more. She was also slowly learning the culture to be a better horse in the land of the Soquilis. Finding a choice bit of grass, she started to eat.

Sweet_baby4500
"La la la la la." sang a little lion cub. "Oh, hello horsie."She waved hard.

Freodwyn
Arama blinked in surprise as she first heard, then saw a strange creature in front of her. It was waving its paw at her, and seemed friendly, but one could never tell in these strange lands. "Hello..." she said cautiously as she lifted her head up to get a better look at the creature. "My name is Arama. Who are you?"

Sweet_baby4500
"I'm Rajata, I don't eat meat most of the time, sometimes I eat little bugs." *Pulls out a bug colection*. they are fun to just look at.

Freodwyn

Most of the time? Well, at least the creature was too little to be much of a threat. And the little bugs were certainly interesting. "I've never seen these before," Arama said, peering at the different kinds. "They're so different from the bugs that were in the old land."

Sweet_baby4500
"I have little lady bugs, in here and ants, and spiders." "Most of the spiders eat the ants, though and I like playing with them." "You see that orange lady bug? Her name is Rannty."

Freodwyn
Arama listened to the descriptions of the little bugs, not understanding what some of them were, but guessing from Rajata's descriptions of them. "Hello, Rannty," she said to the only orange bug she could see. She wasn't sure bugs could understand her, but it was always good to be polite.

Freodwyn

Distinct Elocutionist

14,500 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
Teepees

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers