Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Ohio Guild!!

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who live in Ohio, or visit! 

Tags: Ohio, Convention, Columbus, Cleveland, Midwest 

Reply Welcome To The Ohio Guild!
NFL much?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Cesar]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:50 pm
So, week 1 has come and is finishing as I type this.

So far, the teams to beat are being picked by sport writers, and as normal, there is a lot of disagreement. Especially about the following teams:

Vikings - A lot of people are picking them to win their division, which IMO, is still a long way off.
Ravens - Initially the overwhelming favorites for their division, by at least 3-4 games, people are already doubting them.
Giants - I don't know what people expect from these guys, but hey, a lot of people are arguing about them.
Browns - When they are suddenly able to completely shut down the league's top rusher, especially after letting him run a 500yard hole in you a season before, people begin to take notice.
Redskins - Joe Gibbs is back in control, and many believe the Redskins and Clinton Portis can go a long way.

So, anyone have any thoughts or opinions about who is going where, and who is taking it home this year?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:15 pm
I really dont watch football I do keep up with ohio state but that is all  

DanPro05

cherry haterade

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:38 pm
I watched the denver - washington game... Man that game was an awesome game. Denver could have completely decimated them if we hadn't made some dumass mistakes 2 half. But I dont' care cause Denver still won biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:24 am
Well, I for one am a huge Browns Fan. I thought the Ravens/Browns game on Sunday was B-E-A-utiful. biggrin Our Defense rocked, but our Offense has a lot of work to do. As every year, I hope we make it to the Superbowl.

heart ,

Fae  

missfaerie67

[Cesar]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:01 am
missfaerie67
Well, I for one am a huge Browns Fan. I thought the Ravens/Browns game on Sunday was B-E-A-utiful. biggrin Our Defense rocked, but our Offense has a lot of work to do. As every year, I hope we make it to the Superbowl.

heart ,

Fae

I don't think so. Our defense can defend against a subpar quarterback, no wide receivers that have any potential, and one hall of fame running back. Any team could defend against that, IMO. And as for our offense, we were playing one of the best d's in the league, its no wonder we didn't get much done early on. (I too like the browns)  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:19 pm
I don't really like the browns... xp Oh well, they are alright.  

cherry haterade

R0seLady

Friendly Gaian

10,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:30 am
Umm.. lets see. I like to watch football.. SOMETIMES.. and i get way to into it.. so parents dont really let me watch it.. Umm.. i dont really have a fav... My dad's fav is the 49ers... witch w/e for him..

I dont know that much about it.. BUT DID ANYONE SEE THE OSU vs MASS?? omg i had to stop watching it at 7-7 grr!... I want to know who won!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:22 am
Alot of brown fans in here...What about the Bengals? Yay Bengals!  

T.C. Mystikal
Crew

[Cesar]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:02 pm
T.C. Mystikal
Alot of brown fans in here...What about the Bengals? Yay Bengals!

I'm sorry, but I happen to like the Browns more. razz
Anyway, I'm still lost as to why Kitna isn't starting. He deserves to take the team farther, after all, he trudged through hell with them.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:10 pm
Hmmm.. Your right. but on the other hand I consider them both Not bad and I think Kitna will start in certain games. Not to many teams have a good back up like the bengals.  

T.C. Mystikal
Crew

[Cesar]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:49 pm
T.C. Mystikal
Hmmm.. Your right. but on the other hand I consider them both Not bad and I think Kitna will start in certain games. Not to many teams have a good back up like the bengals.

Giants, on paper, have the best QB line up. On paper, the Browns have a really good line up, also.

Kurt Warner is STILL a ProBowl QB, and a Super Bowl MVP, followed by Eli, who is of the BEST lineage in all of sports. Every Manning so far has become a success.

And Jeff Garcia? He is still one of the creme de la creme of QBs. In fact, he even fits well into the Browns' line up, as the 49er offense was very similar to the Browns' offense, IE, big arial threats. And lets not forget that Holcomb has the club record for most yards in a game, somewhere around 500.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:51 pm
for some reason i dont like holcomb the browns okay but i dont like holcomb.. and i dont know why...I thought he was going to get traded  

T.C. Mystikal
Crew

[Cesar]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:56 am
T.C. Mystikal
for some reason i dont like holcomb the browns okay but i dont like holcomb.. and i dont know why...I thought he was going to get traded

Holcomb, IMO, is pretty much like Gannon. He is immobile. Holcomb doesn't move. If one body gets through the o-line, its a sack. He doesn't want to waste a pass, and pays for it frequently. I still like Couch, but I think we spent too much time wasted on him. I am glad we were able to pick up Garcia, however. He brings a lot of things to the table.  
Welcome To The Ohio Guild!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games