Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

soquili~teepees
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:45 pm
User Image
Welcome to the home of Wolfie duke and their soquili.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ceylona's Stats
Strength-100%
Courage-100%
Speed-100%
Intelligence-100%
Luck-100%
Stamina-100%

Rocky Lynn's stats:
Strength: 89 %
Courage: 87 %
Speed: 90 %
Intelligence: 88 %
Luck: 92 %
Stamina: 85 %

Rush's stats:
Strength: 100%
Courage: 100%
Speed: 100%
Intelligence: 100%
Luck: 100%
Stamina: 100%

The Teepee
User Image

Tucked away in the mountains resides a tiny white buckskin tepee. It is cradled in the heart of the cliffs. Out of site, out of mind. The area thrives with wildlife that comes to the runoff pools at the foot of the encampment and all here live in harmony.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:13 am
User Image

Name: Ceylona
Found: December 25, 2005
Breed: Spirited
Temper: Esoteric
Mate: ???
RP Color: Brown

User Image
**Happy Squee** Thankyou Crowfoot for the art! heart

Wolfie Duke

Wolfie Duke

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:24 am
User Image
Name: Rocky-Lynn
Found: July 6. 2006
Breed: Cosplay
Temper: Playful
RP Color: Peru

User Image

User Image
**Happy Squee** Thankyou for this art. I missplaced the artists name from the art contest.... can you PM me so I can give proper credit again?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:27 am
User Image

Name: Rush
Date Found: August 8, 2006
Breed: Spirited
Temper: Flirtatious
RP Color: DodgerBlue

User Image
**Happy Squee** Thankyou Dragon_Bluey for This Art

Wolfie Duke

Wolfie Duke

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:31 am
**reserved**  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:32 am
**reserved**  

Wolfie Duke

Wolfie Duke

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:27 am
**indian Persona**  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:28 am
**RP**

**Will edit later**

Soquili
Soquili left the forest and came back towards the village towards another teepee. It was home of Talencia and Wolfie. Soquili never met them but heard alot of nice things. She left some handmade moccasins crafted with dyed quills of a porcupine by the teepee entrance that could be shared.

"I hope that they will like these" Soquili said softly. Dakota, her loyal baby fox familiar sniffed at the moccasins and curled up inside one, poking out his head to chatter.

"Oh silly, Dakota. Get out of there.. we need to be off" she giggled at the silly fox.

Dakota obeyed and popped out of the moccasins and pounced after Soquili.

((if you want this post deleted then PM soquili if it interferes with your RP ))

Wolfie Duke

Wolfie Duke

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:35 am
HOW YOU HAVE BEEN MISSED [PRP]

Bloody_Buffy
Micah

The masked stallion spotted the mare he loved ever so much. He walked silently, ever so quietly up to the mare who stood before him, unseeing of him. His heavy feet trudged on the grass, crushing it beneath the chocolate of his hooves.

His golden eyes were glowing as he got right up beside her. Nudging her with his muzzle, he said.
"Boo!"

Wolfie Duke
Rocky batted at the grass at her feet lightly, trying to pass the time until her love returned. She waivered lightly in the sunlight as she played with the stalks of green. Ever so slightly, she felt a presence at her side, but a bit too late it seems. She startled into reality.

Bloody_Buffy
He smiled, as she jumped a bit, and nuzzled her neck. Giving her puppy dog eyes, that said 'please forgive me', he smiled, and nudged her gently.
"Good Morning my sweet."

Wolfie Duke
...How so couldnt resist those eyes. Rocky nickered happily and nuzzled him back, her mane flowing lightly into her eyes, sheilding them from the sun as she tipped her head upwards. "Morning my sweet," she mimicked playfully. "Good Morning."

Bloody_Buffy
He smiled, and looked up at the sky with her. Was there something there? Besides endless abandon and maybe a bird? He didnt know, but now he didnt care. He lowered his head, and looked into her lovely eyes, smiling.
"How are you doing this fine morning anyhow?"

Wolfie Duke
"Lovely. Simply lovely now that you are here." She bounced in place and leaned into his frame, taking him slightly off his balance a step or two. Nuzzling into his locks, she drank in his scent. "What shall we do today, love?"

Bloody_Buffy
He smiled, and closed his eyes, burrying his own muzzle into her mane. How he loved this mare, and smiling, he nipped it a bit, and pulled gently.
"My dear, Its it fully up to you, though I must say I'd rather enjoy walking along the lakeside with you."
He said, taking her weight on his, and supporting both of them.

Wolfie Duke
"Oh! A Lakewalk! How fun." She shifted off of him, prancing down the path, glancing back over her shoulder at him. Rocky batted her eyelashes playfully at him. "Are you coming stud?" She joked, a little attitude to her step as she began to head for the lake, looking at Micah all the while.

Bloody_Buffy
This mare drove Micah crazy, in a good way. He snorted, and nodded, running up to her, and 'biting' her flank softly. He pranced beside her, and gave her his 'You know what I want' look, which meant he wanted to race her. He smiled, and raised an eyebrow.
"Shall we?"

Wolfie Duke
Rocky could not give up a challenge, ever. Especially one that was all in play. How she loved to play! Play with the fishies, play with the dragon flies, play with the other soquili... "Indeed?" She cocked a brow at him and then false started.

With a giddy laugh she yanked at his tail hairs as he went by her, sending him spinning around. She raised both brows in laughter, chortling at his expression. "Enlighten me dearest."

Bloody_Buffy
He sat, fallen really. His expression was that of complete surprise. She'd tricked him! He shook his head, to remove the dorky expression of which he held. Standing again, he stamped his hooves on the ground, removing all the dirt that shouldnt be there. Then he shook his head, allowing his mane to fall into place.
"Enlighten you? It seems you've already enlightened my, pet."
He said, smiling.

Wolfie Duke
She stamped one hoof in response to his, partially in laughter and partly to keep the challenge alive. Oh how she would not let him give this up! "So it seems." A cardinal called out overhead and captured her attention. How lovely life was sometimes.

As if set on fire, she took off, only the bird song in her head. She followed it down the path, listening closely, honing in on every waiver. As if by instinct, she knew Micah would be on her heels in no-time. She skittered past branches, ducking aroudn them as she went. Sunlight streamed through them, dappling her silky coat with warm spots.

Bloody_Buffy
Micah saw her take off, not too sure what had motivated her to act so fast. But smiling, he took off as well, letting his inner strength push out. He raced, following on Rocky's heels.

"Better run faster than that,love." He said, as he bolted past her, looking over his shoulder to give a wink.

Wolfie Duke
She smiled slightly to herself, watching him pass, still soaring on the song overhead. Whatever it was about that bird, she loved it. ...it seemed so carefree, calling out to its own love. 'Righ Here!' it seemed to call. 'Im right here love!'

"And what makes you think Im going to let you win so easily?" She watched him turn to face her as they came up and over the hill.

Bloody_Buffy
"Either my dashing good looks, or my charming dialect. They are usually what helps me win." He teased light-heartedly. He was joking, for he didnt see anything special about him at all. His home life had been terrible, as had his love life before Rocky. Shrugging his shoulders, he spoke:
"Thats about as good an answer as I got."

Wolfie Duke
As she concentrated less on the birdsong and more on the race, Rocky caught up to her prince charming. With a lighthearted nudge, she pushed him towards the outerskirts of the beaten path, hoping it would slow him down.

"Then perhaps you should self loath a little less and put your attentions on where it belongs." She batted her lashes at him again as she pushed past him.

Bloody_Buffy
He watched as she reached the lakeside before he did. And he smiled. That was a first. He lost, and here he was smiling like a lovesick yearling. Giving his own laugh, he shook his head. He spoke softly, but the intention was still there.
"Ah miss. Seems you have beaten me. What do I get for losing?"

Wolfie Duke
Hmm... it did seem as if she had beat him. She giggled. "I cant think of a punishment worthy enough, so there will be none." She leaned into his flank and nickered softly in his ear. "Fair enough?"

Bloody_Buffy
He nodded, and licked her cheek in affection. Punishments were never nice, and he was happy to be spared. He gave her a wink.
"Aye, but it is. So, my love, how have you faired on your journies? Well I hope."

Wolfie Duke
"Well enough. I dont think I will ever feel home here however. Too many years in the rocks have left me daft of soquili knowledge. The landwalkers are confussing and I just cant seem to get up the nerve to spy upon their encampment.

She tucked her chin to her chest and stared at her reflection in the water. It wasnt as if she didnt want to check out the landwalkers or make new soquili friends... she just didnt know how. Years of solitude had left her without the basic skills most soquili gained at foal-hood.

Bloody_Buffy
He nodded, nuzzling her gently. He didnt know how she felt, because he had never lived high in the mountains. He had always lived around water for some reason, and he currently resided deep the the dark forest where the running stream lay.
"Im sorry my darling. It will all get better."

Wolfie Duke
"I do hope you are right." She nodded and smushed her hoof into the mud at the edge of the lake, leaving a deep impression. The bird had long since flown away and she was saddened by its leaving. Somehow, the quiet was eerie and added to her inner sorrow. Oh how she was a playful nilly willy most of the time, but it seemed, every soquili had its past. And not every past was one of daisies and butterflys.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:46 am
NEW FRIENDS? MAYBE? [PRP]

Kyribird
Fortune

It was a rather nice day, in Fortune's opinion. Not that it was much different from any other day - she just thought it was nice. And of course, when Fortune thought something was nice it automatically made something nice.

At least to her.

The mare decided that the best thing in the world, for the moment, would be a nice splash in the lake. Nothing could be better than being in water on a nice day. And that was just how it was.

Now if she could only get up the courage to go into the lake, it'd be hunky dory. Perhaps she should have taken her fear of not being able to see her own feet if she wanted into account when she made her way to the lake in the first place. That was a logical fear, wasn't it?

Wolfie Duke

Rocky waded up past her knees in the lake. She wished to go deeper but really swimming was no fun alone. Only playing with the fishies was fun alone. And how she loved to play with those danged fish!

Her hooves sank into the muddy bottom gently as she waddled through the resistance. She headed for the sunnier side of the lake where the golden rays warmed the sandbar. Here was one of her favorite places to watch the dragonflies as they dances through the lake grasses.

Kyribird
Oh ho! Another soul who had agreed with her (nevermind meeting her) that the lake would be a good idea? Fortune perked up immediately from her sullen contemplation of going into the lake.

Well, if she could do it, why couldn't Fortune? The mare took a few tentative steps into the water and shuddered, trying so very hard not to look down and not see what she was used to seeing.

"Helloooo!" It wouldn't be so bad if someone else was talking to her and distracting her.

Wolfie Duke
Rocky startled back into reality and remembered that she was meeting someone out here this afternoon. "Hell---ooooo!" She chimed sunnily. "Come on it. The water is so nice today!"

She watched as the black and green mare hesitated at the banks. "Can you swim?" She asked suddenly unsure by the way the other soquili moved back and forth so dramatically, as if it were life and death. How she remembered that could be like, remembering the time she had come down from the mountains for the first time.

Kyribird
Fortune looked a little skeptical, "I don't want the water to eat my feet!" she called, trying her best not to step out of the water and assure herself that they were, indeed, still there.

This new mare seemed perfectly fine in the water. Maybe she had water-monster repellant?

"Uh...I think so? Never tried!" So, basically, no. But she wouldn't say that.

Wolfie Duke
Rocky was still a bit skeptical that this mare was okay with the water lapping at her heels. "You think? Don't think..." She began as she waded towards her. "Know."

Rocky scrunched up her face a bit as she watched the other mare shake, ever so slightly in place. Suddenly a lightbulb went off in her head and she bounced in place, sending a splash of water on her new companion. "Are you afraid of the fishies?"

Kyribird
"Fishies? Heavens no, fishies are fun. And small. But my feet disappear in the water!" A firm nod of her head as she watched the other mare come closer. It was the splash of water that actually caused Fortune to laugh.

"That's cold! Ah!" She wasn't exactly scared of the water. Just the disappearing body part act.

Wolfie Duke
Rocky nudged the other mare to move her forward, deeper into the water. She looked down at their feet. Here, in the shallows she could still barely see their hooves resting gently in the sand. "They do?" She was so confussed it made her brain hurt. A minoe stared up at her, seemingly just as puzzled.

Kyribird
"Yep! Here, it's starting to dissolve!" Fortune looked down at her feet that could barely be seen in the water - "But out further, they disappear all together and you can't even STAND!"

Being pushed deeper into the water caused her to tense up, "Do you WANT my feet to disappear?" she asked worriedly, narrowing her eyes slightly at this new 'friend'.

...But she could still feel her feet. And they didn't FEEL like they were going to dissolve...

"Huh? Why aren't they dissolving?"

Maybe that one experiance as a foal was a fluke and she had been in some kind of acid water?

Wolfie Duke
"Erm.... so they do." Rocky picked up her hoof and held it out of the water so the other could see. "In sight." Her head shook slightly as she tried to grasp the full of this concept.

"I have feet. Im standing here." She walked in a circle, water lapping her ankles as she did so. "The image of my feet are gone but my feet are here." She tried to break down the problem like one would do so to a foal. "The image dissolves. Not our feet." She walked counter clockwise and then held up her hoof again for the other to see. "See? Still here."

Kyribird
What a strange concept. Hmm. Fortune blinked a few times and lifted her hoof and carefully examined it - falling over from leaning too far and landing completely in the water with a splutter.

"Ack! Uh...Wow! I mean..."

Well, she had certainly missed a lot of fun THERE. To think, she could have been frolicking about in the water all this time?

"This is great!" now...if only she could get UP. With a little effort, Fortune managed to stand up right again with water dripping from her coat.

"I didn't dissolve!"

Wolfie Duke
Rocky giggled. "Good for you." She backed up a bit giving the other room. "Im glad your still here. My name is Rocky and I come from the mountains." She tilted her head to the side, bangs covering her eyes.

Kyribird
"I'm Fortune! And...I come from the clearing?" She tilted her head to the side, "But I tend to wander around a lot...Never been to the mountains, though. Is it nice?"

Her tail gave a little flick and sent water spraying over to Rocky - a little payback for the initial splash.

Wolfie Duke
Fun? She had never thought of the mountains as fun. Although she loved the way the little whispy grasses clung to the rocks and how the hawks would swoop so gracefully around the boulders, avoiding all the sharp crevices.

"A bit. The winds are bitter cold at times and the night are a bit dull after the sun sets." She ducked unsuccessfully as she was spashed in the face. Her bangs plastered to her snout. Blinking away the droplets she shook out her mane. "The sunsets are nice. And the Sunrises. Ever watch the sunrise?"

Kyribird
Fortune giggled as water flew from her new friend's mane, "Sunrises? Yes, I've watched them."

In fact, the mare adored watching the sunrises - but really, did she need to say it? After all, who wouldn't like the sunrises?

"Perhaps you could take me to the mountains someday." Fortune didn't think she could go alone. She'd end up breaking an ankle or something.

Wolfie Duke
"Perhaps." Rocky nodded afirmatively. "That sounds nice." She turned her head towards the sandbar. "You would like them up there. They are so much nicer when you dont have all the trees in the way."

She began to wade further out, the minoe biting at her ankle as she went. She tried shaking him off, but he just kept coming back, playing with her. "You can see almost everything from up there. And the lake is pretty with the sun shining on it." She was transported almost instantly back to her home.

With a sigh, she brushed off the memories and focused in on that dratted little fish at her feet. Rocky squinted one eye and tried to see down into the water.

Kyribird
Even if the water wasn't going to eat her, Fortune wasn't quite sure if she'd be able to go much further out. She didn't know how to swim, even if she said she maybe thought she could.

"It sounds nice," Fortune agreed, taking a single step forward. Several of the minnows attacked her own ankles and she giggled, "Heeey, that's my leg!"

Wolfie Duke
"Yep. Thats the only thing that will attack you here." Rocky laughed as she tried to watch the minoe through the glossy water as it changed direction and followed Fortune, bringing many friends with it. They began to harass the newcomer as if they were plotting to take over the world. They had their own little plan going on, secretly talking in fish-speak. Rocky knew it. They are tiny, but they worked in numbers.

Kyribird
"So long as they don't bite me," she said with a small smile, kicking at her feet and sending the little creatures scattering. That should teach them! Of course, she knew they'd come back.

"D'ya come here often?"

Wolfie Duke
And they did come back... with friends! Rocky swayed her body from side to side in the sunlight enjoying the wonderful warmth. "When I wish for a change from the river." She stated. "I feel at home close to the water."

She snorted as she placed her nose to the surface to gaze at the tiny fish sprawling all around them. "I dont know why, but I feel so at home near the water."

Kyribird
Fortune kicked at the minnows once more and laughed softly, "Persistant buggers, ain't they?"

At Rocky's words, the mare tilted her head to the side, "It's good you feel at home. I can't feel at home anywhere. I wander around too much."

Fortune really disliked staying in one place and while she always felt the need to wander about, she never really knew why. She just did.

Wolfie Duke
"Sometimes wandering is good." Rocky dipped her nose in the water, it lapping the edges of her nostrils. She snorted bubbles below the surface and watched as the fishies played with them, popping them as they went. Rocky blinked as one jumped out of the water and hit her square in the forhead. With a start she jerked her head backwards.

"Sometimes, finding a home is better." She tipped her head to the side thinking about what the black mare must have gone through to not want a home. "Easier perhaps?"

Kyribird
Fortune couldn't help but grin as Rocky was hit in the head by a jumping minnow, "Perhaps, but I haven't had the urge to do it. Sometimes I think it's easier to not have a home."

The mare kicked in the water again, "Don't have to worry about getting back to someplace and can take your time."

Wolfie Duke
"I'm not sure I follow," Stated Rocky, who was still a bit dazed from the fish. "I just don't get the logic behind that thinking."

Wolfie Duke

Wolfie Duke

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:06 pm
MIDNIGHT RUN - AUTUMN AND RUSH [PRP]

Horzezcutey
Autumn

Galloping across the lands was a black and brown spotted mare with crystal blue eyes. The moon was high and it was about midnight, a chilly breeze showed the mare's heavy breathing. Ahead was the widest part of the river and even if she wanted to continue her run, Autumn would have to walk through the rushing water. Across from river was the forrest. There was were Autumn planed to rest untill morning. At dawn she would walk the beach and then probley return home.

Autumn snorted as she came to a hault at the river, her body cooled as she drank some of the ice cold water that was running down from the melting snowy mountains. Hearing a few rustling noises she looked around for the source to the noise.

Wolfie Duke
Rush tillted his body weight against the old willow tree. It rustled in the night, the lightly scented limbs trembling loose. It had been his habit to sleep like this so close to the river where the night winds would cools his aching desire. He needed to be close to this river for it told him great things in his dreams. Whenever he strayed too far, it seemed to call him back again.

He rubbed the trunk another time, stirring in his slumbers. The air was electrified. The little hairs on the back of his mane stood on end. Snort. He shook the cobwebs from his mind.

Horzezcutey
A creaking noise filled the air as the mare became quickly alarmed at the noise. Snorting once she turned her head to the old tree on the hill. It was a far distance away but, still close enough to pick out the picture of a stallion sleeping. The mare smiled mystiriously and quietly trotted her way up to the tree and behind the stallion. Carefull not to make a noise she reached over and

Chomp took a small nibble to his flank. Quickly she pounced into the boshes and ducked, or at least. She tried.

Wolfie Duke
As Rush pressed himself against the tree, trying to free himself of the confines of sleep he was ambushed. Chomp! The stallion flew into the air with a start. Whirling on his hooves, he braced himself for an onslaught. He shuddered with anticipation. Quiet ensued.

Perplexed, he questioned the event. Had he imagined it? Afterall, the sounds of the river had pulled him deep into his slumbers this evening. It was one of the many reasons he enjoyed this spot on the hillside, for it was the only place that he could be at rest with himself. That within itself was a rare occasion.

The bushes near the river rustled explosively. Aha!

Horzezcutey
She giggled slightly as the stallion jumped with a startled. As quickly as it began it had ended. He had noticed the bushes. Blushing but, not noticible on her spotted dark coat. The mare lifted her head and smiled looking around the night and then relizing it was the hour of sleep...She smilled innocently and then walked out of the bushes and around the tree.

Curiously observing the stallion as she circled and stopped it front of him.

Wolfie Duke
And so the trouble maker was found... Rush stepped forward with a curiosity, poking his head into the shrubs. Nadda. As he pulled his head out of the greenery, he was suprised to be face to face with a lovely sort of mare. She was dappled brown and black, almost the colors of the shadows at night. No wonder he could not see her before.

The stars above shed very little light on their situation. Cocking his head to one side he remained quiet, unsure whether this was friend or foe. Rush thought for a moment and nodded to himself, braying lightly. If this was foe, she would have done far more than a n** to his flank, which at this moment itched. He leaned against the tree to scratched. A few of the willow limbs bowed lightly over their heads and tapped the mare on her backside lightly, spider-like-tingling.

Horzezcutey
Her tri colored tail flicked the flies in the moonlight. As she stood silently, swaying with the breeze. All could be heard was the small hops of small animals and the running of the stream. Her crystal blue eye's caught the moonlight as she tried her best to see what he looked like.

A light squel broke the silence as the mare fell to her rump and then stared to her back to see what had touched it. Nothing was around, but the stallion who was shaking the tree. Was he some sort of magician?

"Hello!" she called out happily from where she was...sitting.

Wolfie Duke
"Hello." He whispered quietly. Rush knew that the other animals would be angry with him if he raised his voice. It was a lesson he only wished to have learned once. The last time, the moles had burrowed around him while he slept and by dawn, when he awoke with his first few cautious sleepy steps, he feel inwards to a trench amung the roots of the old willow. Revenge was bittersweet. He now respected the others' time to sleep.

He rubbed upon the tree again, the tenticles of willow sweeping across the mare's flank. He had watched her startle with the first touches of them and now laughed quietly to himself at her response. Seeing her sit upon her rump caused him to chuckle a little louder than intended upon.

"Do ye give up fair maiden?" He questioned her playfully.

Horzezcutey
Autumn watched him carefully before something brushed by her agian and she jumped over a few feet and then was on her rump agian. She watched him and smiled before stepping a few feet away and looking around. "Give up? Ye think i'm scared!" She smirked and then decided that was probley the way he talked and not to say anything about it.

"I'm Autumn, Good Sir and who may you be?" Smiles thinking she has this 'game' figured out.

Wolfie Duke
Why was she talking so strangely? He wondered to himself. Did all mares talk like this? Afterall, he had only encountered one in his days here. Most were too bashful or busy with other stallions. It was 'the love thing' afterall. He rolled his eyes. That would be the day some mare got ahold of him for good. With a snorted he emphasised this.

"I am well, thankyou." He paused inching closer to her for a better look in the moonlight. "And what brings you out to the river this fine evening," he paused, "M'lady." He would play her 'game' as he figured.

Horzezcutey
The silence made her shuffle her feet a few times before replying to him. The game had become un-fun untill he spoke agian.

"Where else would I be at this time? Home...asleep?" She inquired with a giggle. "And will I ever get to know your name? Kind sir."

Wolfie Duke
He shook his mane playfully. She seemed to be sweet enough to speak to. "My pardon. My name is Rush." He nudged the tree again and one frail little branch shook free from somewhere at the top and landed in her mane. It looked pretty from where he stood. Almost like wildflowers in the meadow.

"And sleeping is usually what Soquili do around this time of night." He brayed playfully in jest.

Horzezcutey
"Nice to meet'cha Rush." she replied with a warm smile. She watched the frail stick fall untill it rested gently in her mane. Not bothing to shake it out she continue on.

"Hmm, but thats what boring and normall Soquili do. Wouldn't you much rather be out for a run or waking up random bears?" She stated with a teasing grin and smile.

Wolfie Duke
"For a run perhaps," he began to grin. "However, waking up bears is not something that I like to do." He padded one hoof over the hardened dirt under the trees. The moss that lightly rested in that place clung to him and he shook it off without thinking. Somewhere deep in the night the sky rumbled.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:29 pm
THREE IS COMPANY: SUKARI, ROCKY & SUIRIEN [PRP]

Kyaishi
Sukari

Suirien

Half-lidded azure hues scanned the endless expanse of grassy terrain before her with a bored sigh, ebony and ivory-tipped wings twitching restlessly at her sides as the mare meandered aimlessly across the hillsides. It seemed that there was never anything to do here, aside from graze and socialize... and socializing was not one of Sukari's strengths.

Lorako
Suiren took a walk, he didn't really know what to do today. His long gray hair flew with the little wind and his horn was shiny with the sun. Everyone at the teepee lived so he was bored.

Wolfie Duke
Rocky bounced in the tall grasses of the field. It was another lazy day where the crickets chirped at her ankles, singing songs of long ago loves. With a slight sigh, she wished there was something more for her to do besides crack the stalks at strange angles.

Kyaishi
A brief glimpse of brown and blue teased the opposite corners of her vision, and icy cerulean hues darted upwards the small silhouettes of other soquili on the horizon. One ebon-tipped ear twitched curiously, debating silently whether or not she should approach one- and if so, which one. The azure form looked to be a unicorn, and slightly more masculine than the other- she snorted. That made up her mind- she'd prefer the company of another mare over a pig-headed stallion any day. Spreading her wings, she took to the sky and soared towards the lighter form of the cream-colored mare.

Lorako
Suiren looked everywhere to find something interesting. He saw a little far from where he is two mare, one grey with wings and the other one much cream colored. He noticed the grey mare looked at him but gone in the direction of the cream one. He decided to walk toward them, to see them closely.

Wolfie Duke

Wolfie Duke

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:31 pm
NOTHING LIKE APPLE PICKING: RUSH & COSETTE [PRP]

`raze
Cosette

Red eyes focused on the equally red fruit on the tree branch, trying to find the best possible way to get the apple. The mare could not reach the delicious fruit on her own just by craning her neck, and evenif she tried to hold her own against the tree, she'd still be too far. This apple sat on a branch that when she craned her neck up was only a few inches, and was situated nearly at the end of the wood. There were others, sure, but that one looked like it was much juicier compared to the others.

The redder the better, right?

Turning around, she began to walk slowly around the tree, trying to find some other way to either get that specific apple, or find one closer. here were quite a few, but still... Her stomach growled, and the white and blue mare, Cosette, sighed.

Wolfie Duke

There were times in a young stallions life where everything seemed to be bland, like taking a bite out of a tree trunk. Bitter, gritty and pointless. His wanderings of the lands had let him cross some interesting young Soquili, but he had yet to find one that he had crossed paths with more than once. And something to do, oh how he wished to find something useful to do with himself.

The summertime breeze whisked around his ankles, reminding him of how bored he was. There wasn't much left of the area he hadn't explored. Only the orchard on the hill was unfamiliar to him. His blue eyes reached for the hills, straining against the bright mid-day sun.

`raze
Cosette knew she was being selfish, but she really wanted that one particular apple! She could reach others... But they didn't exactly look at good. Her stomach, beging for food, told her to kick away her selfish desires. Her mind however, was set on getting that one fruit. She was infront of it once again, and she had developed a plan this time to get the object of her hungry desires

Turning around, she mentally aimed her back hoof at the tree, makingsure to get it right in the center. She pulled her back leg down, and with a quick, fluid motion the acrtic mare thrust her back legs against the tree strikingly in hopes of shaking that apple loose. Unfortunately, all the tree did was give a bit of a shake, and a sharp pain went up her right hind leg as she pulled herself back together.

"Owwww! Ow! Bad idea! Geeeeeeez~!" She whined a loud, lifting the injured hoof a few centimeters above the ground in an attempt to ease the pain. She immediatly felt incredibly stupid for thinking that she could've knocked it down just by kicking the tree. Urg! Frowning at the tree, she set her eys on the apple and cursed it mentally.

Wolfie Duke
The sun beamed brightly upon the hillside, sparkling off the river, humming off large boulders and outlined the hills perfectly. Well... almost perfectly. He could almost make out the apples themselves on the trees, but he was so far away that they remained nothing more than shady splotches in his vision.

With nothing better to do, his idle curiousity wondered if they were granny smith. The bitter green outter skin peeling away to reveal fleshy tart innards. He smacked his jowels in anticipation of their rewards. Somewhere amid his daydream he had begun walking towards the trees, motivated by their rewards. Tastey goodness here I come!

Somewhere up on top of the hillside he could hear another soquili with the same idea. It was the perfect day to pick apples. He slowed his pace as he neared the top. It wasnt good to barge in on someones private pickings. Perhaps this soquili would not want him near? What if it was a kalona and it had huge horns with thorns all over? Rush shivered at the thought. But then again. what if it was a beautiful wind soquili with brightly colored flowing feathers? Perhaps its was a sweet mare taking her children out for a walk. He was not welcome in most of these cases, as he was concidered an outsider, different from the others.

`raze
Despite her grumbles from the pain in her back hoof, her ears perked at thesound of somone walking nearby. Her grumbles stopped, and she turned her head sharply in the other direction. Was someone there? Cosette was rather curious if that was the case, and she wodnered if it was one of those "dangerous" Soquili Vodka had warned her about. Her curiosity began to grow, and she began to walk away from the tree and towards the source of the faint sounds.

She began to head towards the slope of the hill, and paused when she saw something blue, white, and black. Tilting her head, her curious, dead-set expresson changed to a large, sheepish grin. She was somewhat disappointed, hoping to run into one of thse "dangerous" Soquili, but safe was good. Safe was fun.

"Hello?" She offered, tossing her mane with a jerk of her head so it wasn't in her face. Almost instantly, a plan clicked in her head. Stallions were taller than mares, right? So perhaps this stallion, if friendly enough, would get her the apple? Mentally Cosette sighed, knowing well not o bother strangers with her hunger issues.

Wolfie Duke
He heard the feminine voice call down to him. It was rather sweet and dainty, almost like the sunshine... warm and inviting. With a small smirk he woundered if this may be his lucky day after all. Perhaps there were more good Soquili in the world if he only give them the chance. Or give himself the chance was more like it.

It always baffled him of how he could get along with a mare much easier than a stallion. Perhaps it was his upbringing on the outskirts of the Soquili lands. His father had been a stern one, never letting him far from sight. Rush's main goal in life was to protect his sisters, to which he hadnt seen since the last big storm. It wasnt a job he had ever wanted, and not one that he was good at. His sisters never listened to him and they snuck out of his sight far more often than they were in. Most of his time was spent with their friends, who came to visit from fields abroad. The visitors he didnt mind, they too were sweet and carefree.

However, not all visitors were so sweet. On the even of the big storm, his younger sister, River had run off with a young stallion half her age. When his father had found out, the others were told to leave the field and make way for their own lives. He blamed Rush for all that had happened and the seperation of the family. They all took their seperate ways then, Rush vowing to never trust so openly again. Afterall, it wasnt his duty to play protector. He needed to learn to live life yet again.

Would this mare help teach him to live again? He shook his head in disbelief. Afterall, why would a stranger want anything to do with himself. She probably thought he was another rash Stallion out for a little tail. He snorted to himself in emphasis.

Hesitantly, he answered her back after a moment or two of thought. "Hello there." He silently kicked himself. He knew he was making a bad choice. She would surely turn tail and run now that she had heard him.

`raze
At the voice, Cosette turned her head and eyes towards the sound. At the sight of the stallion, Cosette was hesitant to smile. It took her a moment to register that he didn't look "malicious" like the so called Kalonas, but like an average Soquili. One with colors much like her. A bell went off in her head, and th hesitant smile on her lips grew. Was tehre a chance that thi stallion came from the mountains...? Maybe he knew her? It'd be worth to give it a shot! Beginning to walk towards the blue, white, and black colored brute, she began, "Hey!" The arctic mare called in a chipper tone, her tail flicking.

If this stallion did know her from the mountains, than she wouldn't need to introduce herself. But she had quite an inkling that he probably didn't. He didn't ring a bell in her own memory, but her memory of anything before coming here was blurry.

Wolfie Duke
The stallion blinked in suprise. She was colored much like himself, except slightly chilly in colors... "Do you need help?" He asked slowly and cautiously. He was still unsure of her. Afterall, not many mares wished to speak to a big brute like himself.

`raze
Cosette gave him a funny look, and immediatly disapointment began to settle in. She masked this with a friendly smile. If somebody knew her, they would've recognized her, right? He looked so much like a mountain-Soquili, but she had guessed wrong. Shaking off the feeling, her ears had perked at the word "help". Her eyes widened and she craned her head forward, smiling sheepishly. Maybe he could help her with something...

"Well, there's this apple that's really plump and red on that tree," She turned to gesture the tree, the apple on the other side, "I can't get it though. I'm a tad um, short. But you're taller than me so I'm kind of hoping you would a, snag it for me?" She chuckled nervously, the more "adult" part of her mind telling her off for bothering strangers with her hunger issues.

Wolfie Duke
His eyes fell upon the tree. Slowly he searched the branches with them for the particular apple she was speaking of. They all looked red and plump. In fact, his own mouth began to water. "I do suppose a snack might be in store..." he muttered under his breath.

With a slow and thoughtful nod he genstured at the tree. The sun dappled through the branches and landed at their feet. Taking a few steps closer he continued to tilt his head upwards. "Which one was it?" He imagined this ginormous apple that had a 'pick me!' sign posted above it. With a slight frown, he looked the mare.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:50 pm
LIFE LIKES TO COME AND THROTTLE YOU: BLACKFIRE & RUSH [PRP]

PhoenixGuardianMikazuki
Blackfire

How many males had she met lately? She hadn't seen many females--besides her sister, of course--her age or otherwise. It was odd, to see so many males somehow meet her in places she thought she was alone. Her perspective on males was slightly twisted since the first two she met were both very odd--Meshach and Faolen--but they were just childhood companions she met but once.

It was only a matter of time before all the foals her age had all wandered away, never to meet again... or some such. It made her nearly miss her foalhood. Nearly. She enjoyed having the freedom being an adult had, and after being strictly told not to wander too far away from the family (she had learned later why after running into major trouble with a predator where she lived) it was nice to be able to come and go as she pleased.

There wasn't a single thing in the world right now that could ruin her mood. She hoped. Blocking that negative stray thought, she ploughed forward, trotting smoothly through the dense forest.

Wolfie Duke
Rush had never been fond of women. Always was the way with him. Well, maybe not always.... Perhaps it was the regret he felt over his sisters. It had been his responsibility to look out for their well-being as what his father called "a man in training." He had tried of course, but it seemed futile. They were sweet little girls growing up into mature mares and obvious that they would buck any system of restraint there was.

But things had changed in the blink of an eye. They were gone somewhere far far away by now. Rush wasnt bitter over their loss, but pained at not seeing their sweet innocent faces. Part of him ached for their presence for he missed the long idle conversations into the night with the younger of the two, Spring. His father was stern, definitely the stallion of the household. When River ran off with a young male, it had somehow broke even his icy heart. The storm had crossed in more ways than one.

Something snap crackles near Rush and he sucks in his breath, hiding deep in the shrubbery where he had thought he would be all alone to mope...

PhoenixGuardianMikazuki
Her experience with males wasn't exactly her favorite thing to talk about, but she couldn't really say she hated them... she just disliked them. It could be because her father had drilled into her head that males were unpredictable, and some could be unerringly dangerous. Or, it could be because when she was young she had met two of the oddest colts to ever meet while wandering about as a filly. Still, either way...

Walking through the forest was certainly one of her true favorite past times, because she enjoyed listening to and feeling the forest around her. It helped her to relax (though it also helped that she had grown up in a forest, with the occasional visit from Windflame's two-legger acquaintance to mess with their manes and tails) and obviously put her in a more positive mood. However, her senses, unlike her sister's, were much duller and she didn't realize she would soon have company...

Reaching an opening in the trees that led to a familiar clearing she visited often, especially to think, she stepped into the water, thinking a drink would cool her down from her strong trotting through the forest. She would go swimming later--she wasn't too thrilled with the idea of getting her wings wet and heavy. Allowing her legs to soak up the cool, refreshing water, she picked her way through the water carefully before bending down to taste the clear liquid.

Wolfie Duke
Somehow the stallion wished that he was the color of the forrest so that he could just melt into the trees, two peering eyeballs in the midst of leafy chaos. But then again, he had to be the oddball that always managed to stick out like a sore thumb wherever he went. It would be nice to disappear as if he had never existed. Afterall, to the Soquili of these lands, he didnt.

Rush cocked his ears as the forrest crunched again. Slowing his breathing down, he carefully nudged his face through an opening in the brush, the leaves cool on his jowels. The day was hot and humid and even amid the dense forrest, there was a sense of stagnancy in the air. It was way overdue for a new windmass to pass through, or perhaps a storm carrying an urgent tone. A storm... His heart panged him again and he cursed it.

Blinking away tiny bugs blocking his vision, he noted a mare, solitary on an uncut path by her outline only. He leaned into the folliage to get a better look. Although his distaste for the like primed him for immediate dismisal, something about her demeanor hooked his attentions. The large leaves flopped over his snout leaving him only room enough for slivers of her image.

Slowly, she turned towards a clearing and began to make her way into the water. Quiet and intriguing she was. What other mare would wander this far into the forrest unaccompanied? It wasnt always safe here in these parts. She was brazen, that was for sure. Rush continued to watch from his safe distance, making a list of her attributes.

PhoenixGuardianMikazuki
Blackfire was, in general, quite the opposite of what the stallion watching her was thinking. She was far from quiet, proven to be more of a loudmouth. Not that she was generally talkative; she just had a problem with getting angered very easily. However, she was rational enough to calm down in case it was a mistake, and then she would apologize. It was a habit she was going to need to work on to make better. Lifting her head up from drinking, she realized the reason why she was so hot.

The day was proving to be humid and unfortunately very sticky and... hot. It was no wonder she was sweating after such a short, brisk trot through the trees! Shaking her head in amusement, she glanced around to make sure she was alone. Luckily for the male who was watching her, her gaze swept right past him and returned to the water. She was thinking about whether she should take a quick, cooling bath. Finally, after a long moment of silent contemplation, she waded deeper into the water.

No point in staying sweaty, smelly, sticky, and hot when she could taking a short bath, swim around for a few hours, and cool off and dry off slowly, despite how her wings would make it heavy for her to get out of the water. When feathers got soaked, they added an extra weight not wanted, but sometimes it was necessary, especially for days like today. Sighing with pleasure as she sank into the water, a true smile on her face for once, she started to bathe, swimming around every once in a while.

Wolfie Duke
Rush shifted his weight lightly from one hoof to the other. Her wading in deeper reminded him of how the heat had begun to get to him. The flies were becoming more and more annoying as he remained in the brush. The lovely mare had pushed her way out into a comfort zone he guessed as she swam around from time to time. It was just one of those lazy days.

Her dark grey, almost black coat glistened with the spray her wings put upon her. Wings?! He almost hadnt noticed them until now. They were a pretty sort of patriotic in a spectacular array of blues and reds.

It always amazed him how those Soquili could fly. With a frown he wished his mother had been a little more gifted in that field. Perhaps then he wouldnt have to worry about blending in with the landwalkers, he could just take off into the clouds whenever.

Rush decided to inch his way out from the brush. He stuck to the shadows following the inside of the foliage. Normally he would have completely avoided her, perhaps only watching from afar. But this one was different and he needed to talk to her. Not just yet....

PhoenixGuardianMikazuki
After a long while of pure bliss in the cold water, soaking up the heat her body was generating, Blackfire soon stepped out of the water, literally having to drag her wings after her, and raised her head to look at the sky. It was late afternoon, the hottest part of the day, looking at the position of the sun. The heat was already drying her very quickly, though her wings were still heavily laden with water.

Deciding to rest, she lay down right next to the small pond, shifting her wings so that the water they still held would drip onto her body slowly, to keep her cool. Today, she reflected, would be a quiet, peaceful day; something Blackfire had certainly been needing for a while. She hadn't expected that for once she would be quite alone for the first time in a long time--for several hours in fact. A smile lit up her face as she thought about her day so far.

Her ears twitched when she heard a soft rustle, and she turned to look where the noise had come from, for no breeze could have made such a noise from the plants. All at once, as her eyes moved along the shadiest parts of the forest around her, she soon spotted the bluest looking stallion she'd ever set her eyes on. She was so surprised she couldn't say anything at first. She was too shocked to find that, once again, she had yet another stallion watching her from a distance, though not disturbing her. She sighed internally. Life just loved messing with her just a little too much.

Wolfie Duke

Teepees

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff