User Image
Evening Night felt like she had stayed by the riverside for a whole season. She had moved about, hunting and staying alive, but was continually drawn to the water. It was an ever moving force in her new world and she knew that is was a central location to meet up with animals and people who were thirtsy. She felt that if she lived near it, one day she would meet someone she truly loved. He was out there looking for her, but she hated feeling so alone in the world. She needed something to fill that void for the time being.

The sun was setting and at this time, a steady fog was slowly spreading from the coolness of the water over the hot ground. It was perfect for visions and she stared out with bright emerald eyes, creating a reunion scene in her head. The fog parted and a figure loomed out of the coming darkness, saying her name though it came to her like a whisper. But as soon as she looked up to see if it was who she had been waiting on, the vision faded and she was left alone with memories again.

User Image
Soon, the fog really did part as a large creature made it's way on the otherside of the river. Her mane and tail seemed to glow a bit in the moonlight but the rest of her seemed dark except for the bright white star on her forehead. She had white on her legs that gave an appearance of her floating, like a ghost.

Her light blue eyes spied a small figure huddled on a rock on the otherside of the river. It seemed so small and she could sense that this thing was scared, sad, and lonely. She snorted a bit and made her way through the water carefully. She didn't know what to think of this thing. She had just come over the mountains on the other side and everything was new to her.

She sat there horrified as this large thing came at her from the shadows. It moved like a ghost, walking steadily towards her and she was tempted to scream out in fear. She wasn't sure what is was, though it did resemble something she had been watching from afar for the last few months.

She had seen Soquili from a distant, she had never really ventured near them and they never came near her. She had been very content with just watching and learning their behaviors. They would appear to converse with one another but she had never been able to understand passed the nickering and neighing. But she still hoped that some day she would have one of her own like several of the others did.

But what was standing before her did not look like any of the Soquili she had seen so far. It was dark in the twilight and the firgue seemed of an odd shape because of the fog. She threw up a hand to shield her face in case of attack, prepared for the worse.

The mare nuzzled the indian's arm, nicking softly to let her know that it was alright. She was confused by her behavior, but it was understandable for her to fear something that loomed in the dark. She kept nudging the figure, wanting her to know it was all okay and that she wanted attention.

Evening lowered her arm slowly and saw the long face of the mare with bright blue eyes that seemed to speak to her that she was friend. She fairly cried again, wrapping her arms around the mare's muzzle and kissing the velvety nose. She crooned softly to the stead, touching and making sure that all of it was real.

Here a Soquili stood before her. She didn't know what to say or think, it all seemed surreal to her.
"Tell me that I'm dreaming. I would make every scarafice for this to be true." She closed her eyes to stop the tears forming and overflowing.

The flaxen red chestnut mare nudged her a bit as if saying, "It's all right. I'm here for you now. I won't leave you." She nickered softly, pawing at the ground a bit when she heard the phrase "every sacrafice." She slided her head from the girl's grasp and bobbed her head up and down as if trying to convey a message that wasn't getting through the two-legger.

She looked at the mare, her emerald eyes shining brightly with a smile. This mare had come to her in the night and was behaving like she would always be there for her. "I think it's time you are given a name," she said softly, tapping a finger to her lower lip in thought. Nothing was coming to mind that could fit the beauty that stood on those four legs. She remembered how many nights she used to pray, saying she would make every sacrafice to have someone in her life again. Every sacrafice. "Ever Sacrafice. There, you have a name for yourself now." She stroked from the star on the mare's forehead all the way down to the velvety muzzle, whispering the mare's name softly.