Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Parents

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think about your parents
  they're kool
  i wanna run away
  not sure
  bublerrys
View Results

Imortal ~ Rose

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:59 am
Yes. I'm not just some cranky teenage american girl wining about how lame my parents are, I have an argument (kinda) (please read)

•First my parents are divorced.

•mom: Sais Anime like "onamay" and manga like "monga." Not b/kuz she has a lisp, because she wants to sound cool. Um that does not sound cool. She gets me distracted. When I am trying to focus (which is sometimes hard for me.) She starts conversing with me, her brain wandering from subject to subject. and then 'whoops' it's been two hours. She talks to much and though it can be edgicational if you pick out the good things, but it is wasting my time and causing my grades to slouch because I am getting to sleep later and later. She shouts at me and shouts at me, pummeling my heart with a hammer. most of the times i let her. I show no expretion and wait till she's done taking her anger out on me and go to my room and sulk. But through it all, The rise and fall (using mcr lyrics here) i love her. When she is not flawing, i love her. She is my mother. How Can I not?

•dad: he's a good guy, however, he has divorced twice and now has a girl friend. She is very nice. She is from Paraguay and has a daughter my age. He likes neatness. But he's a doctor and he works a lot. I love him too.

•My Q:
Are the reasons a do not seem to like my mom so much b/kuz I'm kinda turnin into some sort of emo/cali person. Is 8th grade Bothering me? Am I the wrong one or is my mom the rong one?

•Overal;
Do Parents Really help or do you think you would be better off without them?
Do they know the effect they have on you  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:06 am
It perturbs me to no end that people are associating the emo trend with Californians. Please discontinue this practice.

As for parents, there's nothing we can do but live with the ones that we end up with. You can ask to live with your dad if you choose, but you're still going to have the same mom no matter what happens. Also, a lot of the glamour is lost when you live with somebody for an extended amount of time; remember that if you do consider moving in with your dad.

Depending on the situation (and I know this is going to cause a squabble with the aforementioned cranky american teens), parents are GENERALLY after your best interests, pulling on their many more years of experience. They may not go about it in the best ways at times, but they almost always are looking out for you. They shape your life in more ways than you'll ever know, and there's nothing you can really do but choose how you're going to feel about the matter.

Back to your case, don't sweat it. You're in the 8th grade? You've got plenty of time to figure out how you feel about your parents. It's probably the whole teenage angst thing creeping into your life; my little sister went through the same thing last year. Just focus on what's important to you and stay positive.  

Cornelius loh Quatious

Kromm

1,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:07 am
Imortal ~ Rose
Yes. I'm not just some cranky teenage american girl wining about how lame my parents are, I have an argument (kinda) (please read)

•First my parents are divorced.

•mom: Sais Anime like "onamay" and manga like "monga." Not b/kuz she has a lisp, because she wants to sound cool. Um that does not sound cool. She gets me distracted. When I am trying to focus (which is sometimes hard for me.) She starts conversing with me, her brain wandering from subject to subject. and then 'whoops' it's been two hours. She talks to much and though it can be edgicational if you pick out the good things, but it is wasting my time and causing my grades to slouch because I am getting to sleep later and later. She shouts at me and shouts at me, pummeling my heart with a hammer. most of the times i let her. I show no expretion and wait till she's done taking her anger out on me and go to my room and sulk. But through it all, The rise and fall (using mcr lyrics here) i love her. When she is not flawing, i love her. She is my mother. How Can I not?

•dad: he's a good guy, however, he has divorced twice and now has a girl friend. She is very nice. She is from Paraguay and has a daughter my age. He likes neatness. But he's a doctor and he works a lot. I love him too.

•My Q:
Are the reasons a do not seem to like my mom so much b/kuz I'm kinda turnin into some sort of emo/cali person. Is 8th grade Bothering me? Am I the wrong one or is my mom the rong one?

•Overal;
Do Parents Really help or do you think you would be better off without them?
Do they know the effect they have on you

Well I am really good with parent questions and I guess parents are always there to help you you may not see it but they do if your a christian or well you just are deep in your religion whatever it maybe you will see that god is really helping your parents with there parents so to sum it up yes parents are always there for you
without my parents I would be a selfish greedy umskull but because of them I am nice genouros and a counsellor for all my freinds.
and 8th grade well I am struggling with it too just keep a straight head and think when ever in doubt go all out, be crasy doodle really focus on your work and get it done before anyone else otherwise you will just be mad the rest of your day and that is not the way to look on life.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:19 am
I wholeheartedly agree with dboyzero. Your parents love you and want the best for you (exceptions to this rule do occur, but are luckily that, exceptions).
And as a rule, which ever way you look at it, they will try to help you. The biggest mistake they make in trying to help though, is trying to be pals with you. Lets face it, the age-gap is too big for that. They try to do the things you think are cool, and when you're a teenager that can be really embarrassing. But they only do that because they want you to realise they are trying. They do it because they love you. And when your parents are divorced, like yours, they try harder.

The best thing you can do, is try explaining to your mum that you have to do your homework because you have to improve your grades. I have yet to meet a parent who didn't think that to be a good thing, most would even pay good money to hear their own kids say it.

And rest assured, in a couple of years it'll stop, because you'll reach an age they can relate to more easily. This happens around the time your in your twenties wink  

Darth_Duck

Raggz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:57 am
kids and their hip hop.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:22 pm
That's really how you pronounce the word manga.  

Dirk Bolero

DeathAngele14

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:19 pm
My parents are divorced but i live with mom and stepdad. My mom is cool she knows what its like at my age and she gets along with my friends. My dad is another story. He is getting married to a witch. I hate her she treats me and my brother like 3 year olds. My stepdad treats me like an adult and he teaches me a lot bout cars and stuff. As i said before my future step mom is a witch.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:05 pm
dboyzero
It perturbs me to no end that people are associating the emo trend with Californians. Please discontinue this practice.

I have something ot say to that! my former best friend was a happy cheery kid, then moved ot Cali for a year. When she came back she dressed in like..all black, was depressed looking all the time, and shes an emo kid now!  

Fasie

Cornelius loh Quatious

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:28 pm
Your friend is by no means a representation of the entire state, nor is that necessarily a typical response to moving to California.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:34 pm
It depends on how good the parent is. If the parent is causing you to have a lack of sleep and your grades to plummet, and is still doing that even though you've talked to them about it, then you'd probably be better off without that parent. If the parent is a good parent, raising you right and making sure you have a decent sleeping pattern, and is actually concerned about your grades, then they're probably doing you some good. However, it also depends on your age and maturity level.  

piell13

Broken_Heart_Music

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:07 pm
My parents are the kind of parents that you think their cool at home, but in public, you want to run away. Like when my dad went on a field trip with me one year, we rode a coach bus cause it was like a three hour drive. He was in the seat behind me and my teacher was in the seat next to me. On the way home, he fell asleep and started snoring so my teacher could here him.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games