Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Anthropology Thread

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anthropology:
  Cultural
  Physical
  .....Uh, Furries?
View Results

BaneBoogie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:12 am
I'm a National Geographic subscriber (yeah big deal, so is every dentist office on the planet...it comes in the mail with samples of tide and frampton comes alive) and although I spent most of my life from 12 studying theology I am now all about the lifestyles and evolution. Or whatever. I have been interested in Anthropology more and more these days since I've become more involved in history. Anthro makes me feel better about our hellbound human condition.

Sometimes I feel that if humans excepted that we were nothing but animals and none more, it would probably help out our race a lot. Or at least it would help out with our religious problems...maybe we wouldn't think we were subliminal beings y'know sweatdrop

I'm tired.

What do you think?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:28 pm
Very interesting. 3nodding Have you read The Moral Animal by Robert Wright? It's an excellent book on the subject of evolutionary psychology. It explains a lot about the evolutionary reasons why humans can be so dumb. sweatdrop Totally fascinating book.

Yes, I wish more people believed in evolution too...then issues aren't so much a matter of right or wrong/good vs. evil. Not so much is at stake.

However, to be fair, I respect the kinds of religious people who are reasonable and focus on the aspects of their faith that revolve around the concept of unconditional love.

But unconditional love can be an inherent moral trait, whether a person is religious, agnostic, or atheist. If that wasn't handed to us by God, then what taught us evolutionarily (is that a word? stare ) to have that value? Very interesting indeed...  

meiastar

"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff