Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Israeli Bomb Dropping?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:41 pm
http://wakeupfromyourslumber.blogspot.com/2006/07/israeli-children-sign-their-missiles_18.html

What do you think of this?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:07 am
I'm appalled that this hasn't had more noise in this forum.

In any case, my personal views on the entire Israel situation is quite vehement and rather long, so I'll just say that I never supported them, will probably never support them, and believe that they as a country should not exist.

That said, I only take offense to the country, not towards the religion in any way. Most people have a strange tendency to equate the two.  

Cornelius loh Quatious

R i o k u

Witty Inquisitor

10,075 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:17 pm
I agree. If someone dumped a bunch of foriegn people in MY country I would be pissed off too. I don't care what their religion or culture is, I would be pissed. Actually, it is happening RIGHT NOW in my country, and I AM pissed. But nothing on that.

This is why I am not religious. Not meaning any offense to anyone, but I think it is the biggest waste of time, creates conflict and is a lame way of hiding fear.

I don't know what will happen in Israel, you have two very different religions in a very small space. But I will say, I think Palestine has a right to be pissed off. I am not taking sides...but they do.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:51 am
That was the most Biased article i have ever read!!! Seriopusly that pisses me off so much! You can smell the bias on that article a mile away! I belive in the words "Fight War,Not wars." . but dont forget what the palestianians (or whoecver u spell it) has done to the Isrealians. Not to meantion that they seriosly couldnt have written AMERICANs in that. Due to the fact that america is there toughest friend. really Isreal shouldnt even be. The world kicked the palistinians out! That is why i belive there really shouldnt be borders nor nations. they get in the way. But for the rest of mankind there will always be fighting in the middle east. Hatred will always live in the ignorent. And biased writtings like that do nothing but support it! PLEASE try to read BOTH sides of the story before you say something so Ignorent!  

CalmLikeaBomb919

Cornelius loh Quatious

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:04 pm
Regardless of what Palestine may have done to Israel (which, personally, I believe all followed the Palestinians being invaded and removed from their homeland), any incident where a country has their CHILDREN SIGN THEIR BOMBS before using them against another country needs to be seriously considered.

Of course they wouldn't have written America, and the writer points out that he was merely making a point that Israel seems relentless and won't stop for anyone.

Bias covers a lot of things, but there are some things which are just plain facts, and things you can infer from those facts. Just what did you infer from the article?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:46 pm
dboyzero
Regardless of what Palestine may have done to Israel (which, personally, I believe all followed the Palestinians being invaded and removed from their homeland), any incident where a country has their CHILDREN SIGN THEIR BOMBS before using them against another country needs to be seriously considered.

Of course they wouldn't have written America, and the writer points out that he was merely making a point that Israel seems relentless and won't stop for anyone.

Bias covers a lot of things, but there are some things which are just plain facts, and things you can infer from those facts. Just what did you infer from the article?
seriously man, war is just stupid. But of course no matter what, there will always be a war. Somewhere is another batch of children and women and poor men dieing by the hands of evil men and others with guns in there hand dieing for some "Cause" that YOU nor I willl ever understand until were in that position. The Children did sign those bomb, yes truly wrong. But how that writer put those dead kids and saying that is wrong to. DONT forget that they have killed isreali children. Why not show that?  

CalmLikeaBomb919

Cornelius loh Quatious

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:43 pm
Yes, it was a biased article, we've established that. Wars always have two sides, and only by understanding those two sides can a veritable conclusion be reached. I've talked to quite a few people about the situation in Israel, and have done a fair bit of research on my own.

Are there Israeli casualities? Yes.

However, that doesn't excuse Israel from its actions in the slightest. Regardless of who dies and what happens, I believe that the government of Israel is still at fault. This article is really rather superficial, and doesn't really add anything or change my opinion at all, in either direction.

Men and women and children die everyday, some at the hands of war, some by disease, some by hunger, crime, or a hundred-fold other things that cause death in this world. It is our duty as responsible human beings to do what we can to prevent the cause of suffering and injustice wherever we can, even if its one person at a time.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:36 am
Well, unfortunately when you need more soldiers in the future, you're not going to tell your little girls of the nation to sew blankets for the present soldiers. It's amazing how war works, isn't it?  

usagisailor

CalmLikeaBomb919

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:34 pm
usagisailor
Well, unfortunately when you need more soldiers in the future, you're not going to tell your little girls of the nation to sew blankets for the present soldiers. It's amazing how war works, isn't it?
lol i dont think i understand what your saying.....are you saying that would be bad? Why? if the cause is a good cause then why not help out your nation in a way like that? as long as the little girls are not forced to.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games