Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "SEF" Sports, Exercise, and Fitness~!
Judo Please! (Other martial arts welcome!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

James Screwtape

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:48 pm
one year of brazilian jiu jitsu
two years of striking training with concentration on western boxing mixed with a bit of muay thai. ive got a good low kick, but no real high kick.
two day catch wrestling seminar (all day both days)
judo occasionally whenever my pal in the marines comes in  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:02 am
I've been doing Tae Kwon Do for about....8 years. I had to take last year off cuz I busted my leg in a skiing accident. I'm at red belt, and I'm going for my black stripe this year.
I've also just started light contact sparring. Dude, I have no idea why I didn't do it before! heart 'Tis fantastic! heart
Live in Ontario, Canada and proud!  

Sealan

x-RainKissed-X

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:27 am
1 semester of Karate c:  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:09 am
I did a year of Kung Fu, three years of Tae Kwon Do... and if you count Kendo, five years.  

Nokutisu Rushiya

Exeunt Pursued by a Bear

5,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:40 am
No judo, but I've been taking Tae Kwon Do (and a little bit of Kumdo, if that counts) for almost 11 years now, and I'm a part-time instructor at my dojang. Unfortunately, at my current rank, the school hasn't really finalized the curriculum, but I'm trying to get my 3rd degree black belt by the end of '09.
Also? I'm apparently good at sparring, even though I hate it; I won gold at the state tournament 2 years ago.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:17 pm
I started with Karate about 2 months ago.. I'm having my exam in two weeks ^^  

Likasahi

Beloved Prophet

15,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Friendly 100

backstabbingsnickers

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:22 pm
karate + a little TKD
i year and a half and me's a red belt
sooo not getting up anytime soon because of board breaking eek  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:30 pm
Train in muay thai but would like to learn BJJ next  

Rear naked choke

PetitCharatChan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:59 am
I do Tai Quon Do! I've been doing it for about one year now and am still a yellow belt. I've been a yellow belt for about 6 months of actually attending now and it's starting to get me down, usually our teacher promotes us after 2 months or so. People tell me that I've really got my form and techniques down too but since I attended sporadically in the spring I think my teacher is punishing me a little. It's hard to keep my head up!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:46 pm
Well, I'm in Tae Kwon Do, but I've been only doing it for about three years. I'm a beginning brown belt now, but I think I've been only passing so far because the judges pitied me. sweatdrop I have trouble breathing and enduring. My stamina is good for short distance or medium distance sprints, but I have trouble maintaining a good pace for any exercise that's more than a couple of minutes. In the beginning of any exercise, I'm usually exerting more strength than others, so that's part of the problem; but even the yellow belts can last longer than me after a while. talk2hand  

Ra1k1ra_Kakashi SnJ

G0d_0f_R0ck

5,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:21 pm
i do taekwondoe have been for about a year unfortunatley the first studio i was in was crappy so i had to switch and start all over again. at the momen i am a white black belt which is the second belt the order goes white, white black, yellow, yellow black, orange, green, blue, purple, brown, red, redblack, black the classes are crazyintense as long as u find the right studio i live in california US  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:41 pm
hapkido and taekwondo  

Bobotics

Lynne Meghan

5,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:10 pm
I'm in Vovinam, Vietnamese martial arts. 3 months and counting.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:44 am
12 and a half years of Shotokan Karate. I am ONE stripe from my black belt and the only reason I went to college without it is due to multiple injuries caused through stupidity at my high school and then my body's inability to properly heal. I WILL finish though... once I find a way to get to class in Tempe and then I will move on to another style...

Martial arts have been my life since January of Kindergarten (I was five years old, I'm 18 now). I've never gone more then a month without hitting someone or being hit myself. So being in College and unable to train is big a shock to my system. I haven't been able to participate in a fight since april due to an ankle injury not related to karate and I'm restless as all heck.

Sorry that was a novel... But being a Martial Artist is something that I have always known. It was never a choice for me. My parents made me start because I didn't look like I was five when I started Kindergarten and then I became hooked and I COULDN'T stop.  

SethChase

Durp_EXE

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:10 pm
Sealan
I've been doing Tae Kwon Do for about....8 years. I had to take last year off cuz I busted my leg in a skiing accident. I'm at red belt, and I'm going for my black stripe this year.
I've also just started light contact sparring. Dude, I have no idea why I didn't do it before! heart 'Tis fantastic! heart
Live in Ontario, Canada and proud!

O A O FELLOW ONTARIAN CANADIAN.....AND TAEKWONDO STUDENT

I started with Karate when I was in Grade 4, did it for a year, then I quit, and I started WTF Taekwondo (World Taekwondo Federation), which is known as the sport variation of the martial art. I trained in that until the end of 9th grade. I had to stop because it was expensive, and I needed to keep up in my studies. I stopped doing martial arts until Gr12. I occasionally sparred people in the years between. I went for a few karate classes in Gr12, and i formally started Karate again this year, in my second semester of college. I am a black belt in Taekwondo.

So in total, I guess i did about 5 years of Taekwondo, and a year an a month of Karate. I should be a yellow or green belt in Karate, but I had to restart. However, I am a blackbelt in Taekwondo. The belt actually doesnt matter to me now. I am simply in this for the training, the strength and techniques i gain, and to stay fit.

EDIT: holy crapola i did not even look at the dates of the posts here x.x  
"SEF" Sports, Exercise, and Fitness~!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces