Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply ⟡⟡THE KINGDOM OF SPAMALOT! (Spam here & ONLY here)⟡⟡
My Grandma and what she means to me

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you pray for us?
  Yes
  No
  Maybe So
View Results

ledesma757

Friendly Hunter

4,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:36 pm
Please pray for me and my family as well as for Norma's family. Here is why:

My grandma fell today. she hit her head so hard that she is now lieing in a hopsital bed brain dead. I could not stand to see her like that and left after being there only an hour and a half. I am surprised I lasted that long but I had to be strong for my best friend since she was his biological grandmother and she had raised him for several years of his life. I can't believe that we were making plans for a party I was to have at her house just yesterday and now today she has gone.

Norma was a Wonderful person and as far as I know there was not a soul in this world that couldn't go with out loving this woman. I have known Norma my whole life and Yes I mean my whole life. I have known her as my grandmother since the day I was born. Where most people had the normal 1 set of grandparents from each side of the Family, I had several. the ones that stand out in my mind though are Norma and Frank Hardy. When my mom and dad went to chicago to deliver clothing to the needy, Grandma Norma and Grandpa Frank were there, eager to watch us kids. I had fun playing with Brian and Bradly playing tag and running through the field near the house. Bradly and I became really close over the years and I know right now how much he must be hurting inside.

Then a few years ago my Grandma Fairbanks (Florence Marie Fairbanks) Passed away from Cancer. I was devistated. but I had Norma right there beside me to help me understand that it was grandma's time to go. That God needed her for other things. a few years later her and my Grandpa got married and I was over joyed that she was at last my REAL grandmother. Because she was married to my grandpa.

I love Norma Jean Fairbanks to death, she has always been there for me, always been able to help me when others could not and has always loved me as one of her own grandchildren. For as much as she has done for me I was never able to return the love and thanks that she gave to me.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:43 pm
That is terrible about her fall. I am so sorry, you love her very much I see in you post, We will keep you all in our prayers.  

Starlight Path

corzoconia_inc

Hilarious Genius

4,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:54 pm
Well it happened, She passed on last night. She is being cremated so there is no visitation but we are have a memorial service on sunday at 2:30.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:53 pm
I feel so sorry for you...

It was her time to pass. Everyone has it, and you and I will also one day. Maybe tomorrow, maybe in several years. When we do pass, we will see Norma again v.v  

I need a username

⟡⟡THE KINGDOM OF SPAMALOT! (Spam here & ONLY here)⟡⟡

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff