Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Ohio Guild!!

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who live in Ohio, or visit! 

Tags: Ohio, Convention, Columbus, Cleveland, Midwest 

Reply Welcome To The Ohio Guild!
College?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

QueenMaeve

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:45 pm
I've only lived in Ohio for a year, and I'm not sure which college would be best. I'll be a senior in high school next year, so I still have some time to shop around.

I live in Wapakoneta (Auglaize County), and I want to do something with biology or chemistry. German, fencing and archery would be a plus, but the two sports aren't as important. I want to go somewhere that's less than 150 miles from home. I went on to collegeboard.com and found a couple that look promising, but it would be greatly appreciated to see some other opinions. University of Toledo sounded good until I found out that it's a big party school. I don't want to party, I want to learn. sad

Mount Vernon Nazarene University
Bluffton University
Dayton University
Ohio University
OSU in Lima (only for the first 1-2 years)

I found some others, but haven't really looked in to them.

University of Findlay
Dension University
Defiance College

Edit - After looking at MVNU's website, I'm not too sure I want to go there. It was my top choice until I found out that all students are required to go to Chapel. I don't think that a religion-affiliated school is unavoidable, but one that will give me a good education and not force their beliefs onto me would be great.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:45 pm
I am recomending Miami of Ohio. It is a very good school  

Purplepiratelynn

jellolove

5,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:50 pm
Case Western Reserve looks like an amazing college. It's in Cleveland. The campus was awesome. I went on a college visit and it's really neat.

Wooster is also a really good school with a pretty campus if you'd rather have a small-town feel :3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:02 am
hhhmmm.... I've herd good things about Ohio State Newark Campus. I'm taking classes at Columbus state right now and its a good Community College, but I'm also still in High School so all Colleges sound good.  

BaeKim

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Aya Nagase

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:38 pm
I attend Wright State University, I love it there! heart  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:33 pm
UD is a wonderful school but costly. (Univeristy of Dayton)

I don't know about OSU Lima but the main campus always has things going on and can be a bit much. Trust me on that I went there for a year and a half before I got sick was had to leave.

Take the campus tours. Those help when deciding if you like the school. Also, make sure you look at all the programs and cost.  

Noirkaze

felinoel

Dapper Elder

12,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:20 am
I just finished going to Shawnee State University, has some friendly professors, and its sity was a nice change of pace for me since I grew up in Columbus  
Welcome To The Ohio Guild!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games