Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply JAPANAMANIA (Anime, JTV, Jpop/rock, Manga.)
english dubbing :P Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

1+2=
  4!
View Results

Otaru Sushi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:10 pm
Naztakuan
The only time English dubbing is ever appropriate is when the anime centers around an English speaking culture. Steamboy is just that movie.
It took place in England and it was more appropriate in the dub where the characters had British accents. Also anything that was written and directed for American audiences like all the anime in the animatrix. In japanese, some of it actually made no sense. They botched the translation or something.

Agreed. Just what I was going to say, except I was going to use the Hellsing OVAs as my example. XD
One of the best dubbing jobs I've ever heard. Plus, many of the characters come from Europe. As the person above me stated, it makes more sense that the characters are speaking with British and German accents. Plus...Jan's swearing is much more hysterical in English, haha.

Other times~ I'll just take subtitles, plzkthx.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:54 am
ur absolutely right.english dubbed episodes are pieces of hell!!!  

x-Meoi-x

Angelic Lover

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Millionaire 200

Panda Pengu

3,150 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:26 pm
I think Jap. dubbed is better, not to be rude but I think the english dubbers are more...dramatic, more gayish and the whines of the girls arent just that WOW factor.

Especially Code Geass and Magic Knight(xD just interested in watching it), all the english dubbing are just lousy and just not my type..It destroy the interests of most watchers... if u dont understand Jap. dubbed. Why not learn nihonggo(jap language) right?

Hey u can learn their language just by watching jap. dubbed animes.  
JAPANAMANIA (Anime, JTV, Jpop/rock, Manga.)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games