Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Item Inflation Information

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poll!
  POLL!
View Results

Aitoyoru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:12 am
Is there any way I can see a graph or something on the expected outcome of item inflation. Like, anywhere I could see how much the dark star will probably be in a year or something.

Also, does any inflation expert have a guess on how fast The dark star, Fire Flower and Flame sword will go up? Can anyone tell me anything? Because I have some items I want to sell and one I want to buy, and I want to know when to stike and sell/buy.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:17 am
So far as graphs and things, there's http://gem.gaiacast.com/ - Gaian Economy Monitor. I dunno if they do projections, but you can see how the prices on items have fluctuated on the MP since their release date. Along with that graph, there's one that shows MP fluctuation throughout the day.

On tektek.org, they have similar graphs (again, dunno if they do projections), but you can compare items (like, MCs and the letter they came from, for example) on the same graph. So, if you wanted to, you could compare your items there with past, similar MCs and see when might be a good time to buy.

Just general info that I'm sure you know already - if you're looking to buy an MC and don't mind hanging on to it for a while, buy it ASAP because the price will generally do nothing but rise over time...even if it drops right after you buy it xp

Not that I'm an inflation expert, though sweatdrop (the Chain of Command fiasco being a case in point xD)  

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350

Ravagraid

Feral Sex Symbol

14,650 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:12 am
just look at the popularity rate of the item the release month, then see how fast the prices go up in the market to decide what to keep/sell  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:34 am
Yeah the only way would be to monitor the gaia exchange and the market place and see what rises over time and what seems to be dropping then make your move when the time sees right.

but i am also not a expert sad  

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

Aitoyoru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:59 pm
Thank you much. GEM is very helpful. But it makes my worried. The flame sword it going up fast! But I'm sure if I buy it soon, it'll go down like, 10,000 the next day.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:59 am
If I'm not mistaken, TekTek has some economy tools too.  

Kalium19

Stone-cold Warlord

11,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100

Oh! Mrs. O

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:50 am
Artanus
Thank you much. GEM is very helpful. But it makes my worried. The flame sword it going up fast! But I'm sure if I buy it soon, it'll go down like, 10,000 the next day.
But within a month, it could have gone up again by 20k. razz  
General Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff