Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
My Comp Went Boom! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Comp went boom!
  oooh was there fireworks!!!!
  building comps can be a expensive deal
View Results

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:38 am
I am so upset gonk

My pc decided it wanted to go to pc heaven, i turned it off normal way and it was working fine, no hints it was about to break and it is annoying as i had all of churs order on it, now i have to do it all again luckily i saved three of the banners by sending them to mikes pc. But then when i came downstairs and tried turning on it started clicking, mike tried to fix it but when he tried to build a new computer with the motherboard it would not even turn on, so i need a new CPU and motherboard, plus a new graphics card cause mine is crap and apparently mike is getting me another disk drive a dvd rewriter i think so i am happy but means for the moment we have to share his computer and i lost all my files and photoshop brushes which has annoyed me more. so i am now having to instal photoshop cs3 again on mikes before i can even think of doing anything.

My pc is only 5 years old and even though it is still under guarentee i do not have the reciept so were buggered sad but it was a emachine i got just for college to get me through it was internet friendly and also had everything i needed it to have so it made do but it is annoying i just got a new 100 hardrive sad

least i can still use mikes for the net thats a good thing smile

but it sucks bigtime gonk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:48 am
That's bad but graphics cards mean everything and what RAM you get.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

chaz3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:41 am
oh man that really sucks
i wish there was som e way i could help you  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:45 am
Take the hard drive out of the old PC and change the jumper settings on it to slave. Then place it in the new PC on the same IDE channel as the new hard drive. That way, you won't have lost anything.  

Awiergan Resurrection

Aitoyoru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:21 am
Man, that sucks. Stupid computer. When do you think you'll get a new one?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:48 pm
Forbidden Dreams

huh comp talk i am lost, we had crap crap all the ram my comp can handle. omg brain dead i cannot think what it was... im gonna have to ask mike when he gets in from work. if we have lost everything no big loss really as i am installing vista on it anyway and would lose them so... not too bad in that aspect just annoying as it was MY comp you knoe.

i am using mikes at the moment as he is at work but id like mine back as for when i will have my own computer well i have told mike to wait and i will use his when he is not on it because i want to get to cornwall as soon as possible. even though mike we get paid like £600 were probably going to send £400 to my mum which then means we only need £800 more then we can move completely which is what we want bigtime.

Twisted Nitemares

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

Ravagraid

Feral Sex Symbol

14,650 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:00 pm
We share something!

Mine went boom too, while I was tanking in the middle of Botanica >_>

Effing thing keeps overheating, despite the abundance of coolers, and that it never feels hot.

this is power supply No* 5 I think...

Vista?

ewwies.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:33 pm
that is suck. Sorry!  

NefariousMuffin

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:59 am
mike thinks it could have over heated concidering how hot our place is but when he goes to turn it on nothing happens and in its old casing it clicks when turned on and nothing happens.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:51 am
Angelic_Highlights
mike thinks it could have over heated concidering how hot our place is but when he goes to turn it on nothing happens and in its old casing it clicks when turned on and nothing happens.

had that happen 2 times
both due to overheating and letting the comp run too long  

Ravagraid

Feral Sex Symbol

14,650 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

HACK-Jane

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:07 am
My comp went boom like this time last year. same thing happened i turned it off and tried to turn it back on and it wouldnt xD we found out our motherboard blew up XD it was a s**t computer anyway so we got a new one xP i got a laptop for christmas anyway xD and im thinking of buying a new (better) one :3  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:26 am
that is what mike reckons it was but the funny thing is everything looks perfect inside lol  

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

Hope_Zabimaru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:06 pm
I remember when my laptop crashed... all of my fanfics were ereased crying nw I don't write them on the comp sweatdrop and comps can be tempermental. they each have personalities and may or may not like the owner, but what do I know! I'm just a crazy fangirl!! blaugh  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:59 pm
That sux >.<
good you can go on mikes pc  

Bunny Play

Manji-luo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:12 pm
=(
wow...this is really turning into a horrible week for ya, huh Ang? sweatdrop  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff