Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Stupid Racists... Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gold?
  Yes
View Results

Midori Hayashi
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:41 am
(venting and ranting)

Ok, so I am white. Two of my best friends are black, and one is Hispanic. We have different skin colors, big whoop. White people are telling me not to hang with them, and Blacks/Hispanics are telling them not to hang with me. Of course, it's ok for the Blacks/Hispanics to be together, because that's just the way it is. I am sick of this crap about race. I will go ahead and say it up front, those other white girls in my class are total b*tches. So here me and my friends go making everybody mad, while having a good time.

Then, comes this Friday. Oh what a glorious Friday it will be. It has been nicknamed 'Opposite Friday'. Black people dress and act like white people, and vice versa. The blacks are saying it is a way to show white people how we act. I am not taking part in this, but my friends are. I don't really care to be honest. One even said they would dress and act like me. (that will be a nightmare...xP)

People just need to get over the whole White vs. Black battle. That was in the past, and now we have laws that have changed that. I personally think Blacks are just as good as Whites, and I love their hair. So purdy. 3nodding

Anyone else in my current situation? I know somebody is...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:48 am
That is stupid white people dressing like black people WTF that is disrespectful to there races there no frigging different to us and if anyone else says differently i wouldn't bother. I never would treat my step nephew any different because of his skin colour and inter mixing is brilliant those people apposing it should jump off a frigging cliff as there narrow minded and cannot see outside the box. I find it discusting that the school is allowing this surely they would have some common sense and stop it going on.  

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

jfm567

Aged Werewolf

5,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:49 am
hah, welcome to the world. racism is everywhere, especially where i live in the south. but i never really care what they say, its their opinion, and it will always be their opinion. so just dont worry about them and be freinds with whoever you want to be freinds with.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:53 am
Yeah, my cousin married a black man, and he is the nicest guy she could have picked. Always very polite and helps out my Grandmother a lot.

The school is not doing this, the kids just spread the word around and then do it.

I know racism is everywhere, but it still sucks. xp  

Midori Hayashi
Crew

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:36 am
jfm567
hah, welcome to the world. racism is everywhere, especially where i live in the south. but i never really care what they say, its their opinion, and it will always be their opinion. so just dont worry about them and be freinds with whoever you want to be freinds with.

hey, but its not EVERYWHERE in the south!

where i live most people are just happy to know each other...and yes, our streets are made of rainbows and the sun's a great big lollipop! xd

naw, but seriously, we had a lot of race issues a long time ago, but it became embarassing, so as a city, we fixed it. i'm not saying that there isn't isolated incidents, but on the whole, we do fairly well. 3nodding

racism sucks and its just fear of the unknown, which shows ignorance. i've found that teenagers are especially prone to it. teenagers and like, old people. sweatdrop

wonder what they have in common besides racism...oh yeah, can't drive. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:54 am
bluegrass cat
jfm567

hey, but its not EVERYWHERE in the south!

where i live most people are just happy to know each other...and yes, our streets are made of rainbows and the sun's a great big lollipop! xd

naw, but seriously, we had a lot of race issues a long time ago, but it became embarassing, so as a city, we fixed it. i'm not saying that there isn't isolated incidents, but on the whole, we do fairly well. 3nodding

racism sucks and its just fear of the unknown, which shows ignorance. i've found that teenagers are especially prone to it. teenagers and like, old people. sweatdrop

wonder what they have in common besides racism...oh yeah, can't drive. xd

the racism is probably still there, just not as "out loud".  

jfm567 beta

Midori Hayashi
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:13 am
Yeah I live in the south too. Some parts are worse than others.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:23 am
horray for being out of your sheltered life!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSQ5wKkvvzU

Hope you get over it soon. mrgreen

But here's a funny story:

I was taking out the trash one day and evidently I was in some guy's car's way. So he beeped his horn at me and called me a "stupid Mexican!". In case any of you don't know where I came from. I'm Italian. So this is incredibly funny to me. xd

Dana Pixie Stix

Midori Hayashi
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:34 pm
Teh Dana

I was taking out the trash one day and evidently I was in some guy's car's way. So he beeped his horn at me and called me a "stupid Mexican!". In case any of you don't know where I came from. I'm Italian. So this is incredibly funny to me. xd

rofl Very funny story. Nice video too.

My friend is Sicilian. xp  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:44 pm
Teh Dana

xd Shoud have said something in an italian accent.  

TheBlueWarrior
Crew

Aitoyoru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:09 pm
Wow. What better way to ease racial tension in schools than making them act like each other rolleyes

That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard of a school doing  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:34 pm
Well, it happens. Though not really much where I am.

The only account I knew happening here is grandpa.... good thing I never met and/or spoke to him. I hate him. and the worse thing is that out of the both of them he is the only one still alive ><  

Bikki Kobayashi II

Midori Hayashi
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:25 pm
Artanus
Wow. What better way to ease racial tension in schools than making them act like each other rolleyes

That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard of a school doing

Seriously... rolleyes  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:38 pm
i'm in the same position as you just with more hispanic than black  

genji_90

Midori Hayashi
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:48 pm
genji_90
i'm in the same position as you just with more hispanic than black

Yeah, I used to be with more Hispanics, but they got moved to the other side of the school. Now I have more Blacks, but I could really care less.

(we have 3,000 kids...which for us is a lot. That is why they can get moved around the school and be in the same grade. BIG school)  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff