Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Stupid Racists... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gold?
  Yes
View Results

Dr Entropy

6,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:07 pm
Race isn't reall an issue where i live. I wouldn't talk to people who tell me not to hang out with someone.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:02 pm
[ S o u l ]
Race isn't reall an issue where i live. I wouldn't talk to people who tell me not to hang out with someone.

That's the thing. They are the people I avoid, but they still find me and tell me to my face. Jerks...  

Midori Hayashi
Crew

FangzV

Toothsome Voter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:06 pm
Midori Hayashi
[ S o u l ]

That's the thing. They are the people I avoid, but they still find me and tell me to my face. Jerks...

Then tell them to shut the hell up and let you live your own life. If they don't want to hang out with people of another race, fine they don't, but don't make you miss out.
Plus, why do they care who you hang out with?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:12 pm
FangzV
Midori Hayashi
[ S o u l ]

Then tell them to shut the hell up and let you live your own life. If they don't want to hang out with people of another race, fine they don't, but don't make you miss out.

Now see, that's the problem with my screwed up school. Everybody thinks they can control other people.

Also, I can't tell them that because I would get an immediate refferal. Our school is so stupid. This one girl was being choked by another kid, so she punched him, and then she got suspended. He was fine though, even though he nearly suffocated her. evil Honestly....  

Midori Hayashi
Crew

FangzV

Toothsome Voter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:22 pm
Midori Hayashi
FangzV
Midori Hayashi
[ S o u l ]

Now see, that's the problem with my screwed up school. Everybody thinks they can control other people.

Also, I can't tell them that because I would get an immediate refferal. Our school is so stupid. This one girl was being choked by another kid, so she punched him, and then she got suspended. He was fine though, even though he nearly suffocated her. evil Honestly....

But really, what do they care about your life.

Midori Hayashi

That's called a screwed up justice system.
Here's what I have to say to the people who supsended a girl for saving her life:
Quote:
Report back to kindergarden.
Do not pass go.
Do not collect 100 dollars.

Or I could dig up this "Go directly to hell, do not pass go, etc." picture.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:26 pm
I agree. 3nodding People just like to be in control, they don't actaully care.  

Midori Hayashi
Crew

Koshigia

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:16 am
I came from a slightly different situation. Where I grew up there were just as many black kids as white kids... I won't say it's either races' fault, but the town is ghetto and a lot of these kids of both races end up being a product of their environment.

I'll admit that there are certain people that are black that I watch out for in the neighborhood I grew up in... I don't trust any old average black guy that walks up to me. (Pay attention to this part for my sake, please). But, it's not because they're black...In fact, it applies to everybody in my neighborhood, regardless of color

It's simply because of how ghetto the town is. It's not the color of your skin that determines whether or not you steal, it's your environment... jobs available, upbringing, wealth, etc. etc. Had I grown up in a wealthy neighborhood, I'm convinced that I wouldn't be as paranoid about theft.

*edit*

To offer better comparison to your school... In my neighborhood, the whites grow up with the blacks... not just thrown into the mix. So you don't have as many white people viewing black people as "the problem". And on the flip side of the coin, you don't have as many black people viewing the white kids as "wiggers" or imitators. Both colors in my neighborhood were equally and predominantly ghetto. There were some free-thinkers like me who escaped the downward spiral of gangsterism along with it's associated stereotypes.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:14 am
I get the feeling that he age-old slave trade stuff from way back when has something to do with how "white" people act towards "black" people. But in the end, they're all only human; if they want to think that the world should be divided into blacks and whites, then its their loss.

I have a few friends that are of different ethnicity, but then again, racial problems have never been a problem, where I live, but then again, I was brought up in the "light" side of the world, so to speak. (no real problems, other than the occasional harassing neighbour, etc.)

I just think people need to learn how to get along with one another. But that'd be too hard for this world.. there'll always be some idiot out there that takes the piss out of someone because of their ethnicity, or use their ethnicity in a derogatory way.

Advice to you is to leave them be, and give the people that tell you to "not hang out with blacks" the cold shoulder. Anyone who resorts to.. well.. childish disputes doesn't deserve any of your time wasting on them.

..and what the hell is with your school? Sounds more like a corrupt Government than an educational facility.

Kitsukage

5,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
  • Gender Swap 100

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:32 am
oh man. haha racism doesnt really exist in vancouver at all. like, really. I will admit that I beleive in stereotypes but that doesnt mean I wont befriend someone because of skin color. In fact, I don't even tink about it most of thetime. I have quite a few friends who are black but it hardly registers in my mind that they are, if that makes sense, so yea, I dunno. I'm not introduced to it.

I know it may be difficult and over spoken of to you, but if I were you, I would just ignore them and go on with my life. trust me, in middle school, I was made fun of because I was in the EXCEL program and had actually tested into it unlike most of the other kids meaning that I was supposed to be in advanced classes and they were just stuck there.

even the other EXCEL kids would tease me for being smart. now, I'm quite popular but not the popular brat type, just that I'm nice to people, I'm friendly, and I have a lot of friends. there really arent that many clique problems at my school so it all works out.

I just ignored everyone in middle school and got past it and now those same jerks are nice to me and I'm friends with some of them :3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:10 pm
My school had cliques when I was there, but there were plenty of people who associated beyond those boundaries and mingledwith everybody (like me), that it didn't hold as much importance as the movies portray. Then one day you graduate, and it's all over. You're in the real world where there isn't a football team anymore and the "jocks" become everything from lawyers to cook. Just take things for what they are and figure out what's really important to you.  

Koshigia

supermod2000

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:44 pm
OMG! I totally agree. And that whole opposite Day Crap is just that crap!! That is just based on stereotypes. I hate when people say stuff like "act black", or if i dont use slang im "talking white". That is racism.

I was born and raised in the "hood", with gangs and crackheads. I went to school for a couple of years in the suburbs. I hang out with people I like no matter their skin color. I listen to Rock and Hip-hop. Shop at Against All Odds and Hot Topic. People dont know where to place me or how to label me. So they get intiminated. I'm neither black enuff or white enuff. But I don't care, people who think like that or just ignorant.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:12 pm
I'm sorry about your situation, it must be horrible for you. But that's the way our coutry is. Pretty much running on hate, racism and all that stuff. Skin is just another characteristic to criticize people with, and it's really effed up. I' sure there are a bunch of people in your situation.  

Mooshi Sushi

TheBlueWarrior
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:26 pm
Mooshi Sushi
I'm sorry about your situation, it must be horrible for you. But that's the way our coutry is. Pretty much running on hate, racism and all that stuff. Skin is just another characteristic to criticize people with, and it's really effed up. I' sure there are a bunch of people in your situation.

Well, it really isn't just our country. Some people won't serve Americans because they despise us.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:39 pm
Haha true. But I don't blame them.  

Mooshi Sushi

TheBlueWarrior
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:43 pm
Mooshi Sushi
Haha true. But I don't blame them.
I dunno, it would suck not being able to eat in restraunts, get a taxi, get a hotel, just because I'm grouped together with the actual apes that live in this country. >.>  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff