Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
i made it ^^ Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

what do you think?
  its a brilliant idea, id join to help others
  you know i think this could really work..
  eeek helping others omg i cant do that
  i dont like helping people O_O (you mean people)
View Results

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:08 pm
Ok basically i have a guild which is for fans of final fantasy but there is loads of guilds out there for that discussion and i thought to myself last night it wasn't really doing anything and sure people enjoy being there but i actually want to do more on gaia, a lot more to be honest... as i feel a subject like that is useless when i could just make a actual gaming section and situation sorted. So i was thinking of making a guild for support in many aspects of life and online and i know a lot of people are embaressed to speak out loud in the main gaia forum for fear of being flamed and lets face it there is less fans for support out there now and they do not think about peoples feelings before they speak.

With everything i have been through i feel it could be a really good idea to help people out with life issues, school issues, revision for exams, school work, home work, gaia live and so forth. i mean in this day and age there is rarely people with both there mum or dad and whats more the percentage of those who can go to there parents for support with anything is even lower and i thought that was a shame i mean i am 24 this year so surely i can help some people and make a different online and off i guess, i mean i run a gaming forum with almost 800 people off gaia been open a year and a half and i also am opening a graphix community off gaia as well so i thought this would be a refreshing change.

dana if this goes ahead id still like you to still be my vice captain. smile and i have a idea for a second vice captain if i go ahead.

so guys do you think this is a good idea?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:14 pm
I like this idea.

I mean, sure I skipped some of the second paragraph but I get the main idea.

You should go ahead with it.

EDIT: OK, I finished reading the whole 2nd paragraph.  

FangzV

Toothsome Voter

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:15 pm
lol i tend to write a bit i know... sweatdrop

You really think it is a good idea to go through with?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:17 pm
Ang, I love the idea for your guild.

I would join to help out, especially with all the problems people face today.

Go for it!

Lyss The One In The Back
Crew

FangzV

Toothsome Voter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:21 pm
Angelic_Highlights
lol i tend to write a bit i know... sweatdrop

You really think it is a good idea to go through with?

Tell me why it'd be a bad idea.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:33 pm
Very good idea, I haven't seen many guilds like this before and it could help alot of people. :]  

Mooshi Sushi

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:40 pm
i dunno all you see around main gaia is people who are either flaming or putting others down i guess i wondered how many decent people would be out there. ill get working on it and will invite whoever tells me to in this thread. i was gonna go on xbox live but this is more worth while lol. just sucks my photoshop was wiped off...

now all i need is a name for it... hmm  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:46 pm
I can think of some for you. 3nodding

-An Angel's Safe Haven

-Shelter for The Refugee

-Prayers for Hope

I'll think of more and put 'em here when I can. Lyss's mind is in a really bad state of depression...

Lyss The One In The Back
Crew

FangzV

Toothsome Voter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:51 pm
Angelic_Highlights
i dunno all you see around main gaia is people who are either flaming or putting others down i guess i wondered how many decent people would be out there.

Then just ban or warn the flammers.

Also, for a name I got something.

*Help Headquaters*  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:17 pm
I think thats gana turn around and bite you in the a** because half the people on here dont have it as bad as they say. Most are just attention seekers and id be surprised if you dont get flooded with those. Its a nice idea but I really dont think it will work.  

DoriRo

Anxious Bibliophile

17,050 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Hunter 50
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:17 pm
well i am working on it at the moment and lyss i adore Prayers for Hope i can work well with that wink

basically the subs will be

Gaia support (aiding the noobs i guess lol)
Relationship/Sex/Romance Issues
School/Bullying issues
Home life/Communication Issues
Home Work/Exam Issues
Depression/Lack Of Confidence Etc Issues
Diet/Weight Loss Issues
Mothers Aid (For those struggling with children/teens)
Friendship/Loss Of Friendship Issues
Bereavement Support
Divorce Issues

i am trying to think of what other support would needed.

hmm thats what i have at the moment not too sure if that is too much but i feel everything needs to be covered and there is people need the help anything missed out? ill post the whole list in a minute  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:20 pm
Angelic_Highlights
well i am working on it at the moment and lyss i adore Prayers for Hope i can work well with that wink

basically the subs will be

Gaia support (aiding the noobs i guess lol)
Relationship/Sex/Romance Issues
School/Bullying issues
Home life/Communication Issues
Home Work/Exam Issues
Depression/Lack Of Confidence Etc Issues
Diet/Weight Loss Issues
Mothers Aid (For those struggling with children/teens)
Friendship/Loss Of Friendship Issues
Bereavement Support
Divorce Issues

i am trying to think of what other support would needed.

hmm thats what i have at the moment not too sure if that is too much but i feel everything needs to be covered and there is people need the help anything missed out? ill post the whole list in a minute

Angelic I really REALLY think this is a bad idea... I think your going to get in over your head... life is so complicated these days... but then again whos to say this thing will even take off?  

DoriRo

Anxious Bibliophile

17,050 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Hunter 50
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:28 pm
Is wanting to help people really that bad? school is a b***h and so is life nowadays the support at home and school is minimal in this day and age due to house prices rising and so forth so time the parents spend at home is spend worrying and not being able to help there kids with simple things like homework or issues this is not the way life should be but we cannot change life but we could change someones lives with giving that little bit of support. if i didnt have my mum and mike throughout my pregnancy i would have given up without there support even if it is one hand reaching out to help you it means the whole world to someone whose words are landing hard of deaf ears. Sure there are attention seekers but you can never be too sure if there actually being that way because they want attention or because they really need help. But psychologically you can say there only seeking attention because of lack of simple matters in there life could be lack or confidence, communication, support or simply because no one has to time or curtosy to reach out to them.

you have to see it from both sides of the coin. Luis helped me out recently, So did dane with there words and they made me realise some things and i am stronger now because of it and they didnt have to say something or give me advice there lifes are hectic yet they took the time out to help because there cared, why shouldnt i care for others and actually try to help some people, people are selfish and too lazy to help others now unless there is something for them to gain back and i dont like it..

it will take off if i am committed the majority of gaians are between 13 and 19 and those years are full of problems without any way to turn i am giving them somewhere to go.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:28 pm
Well Im with kitterz on this one, its a very... interesting idea, but we have a life issues forum and unless you just had a bunch of friends in it people are gonna be just as open to you as they are to them. and if it is just friends you're gonna end up answering the same stuff you do whilest talking to them day to day anyways.  

bebop_edward

Dapper Sex Symbol

6,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Medalist 100

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:30 pm
I am not talking about here at FG4PGS! i am talking about my own guild lol  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]