Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
i made it ^^ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

what do you think?
  its a brilliant idea, id join to help others
  you know i think this could really work..
  eeek helping others omg i cant do that
  i dont like helping people O_O (you mean people)
View Results

Clefaiiry

Intellectual Sex Symbol

9,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:32 pm
I really like the idea of it Angel, I really do...
But I agree with Kitterz too.

People do need help in this age...
But most make their lives more dramatic than they really are.

If you're so determined, I'll help you.
I'll help you give advice and such, since I'm online almost everyday.

Just give me the info when the time comes, and I'll help however I can! ^^

EDIT: Angel, log on MSN, and I'll talk with you about it! hehe. I ran up my forum posts for the day... =/.

Bard_clarinet_player@hotmail.com

I've already got you added.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:33 pm
Angelic_Highlights
Is wanting to help people really that bad? school is a b***h and so is life nowadays the support at home and school is minimal in this day and age due to house prices rising and so forth so time the parents spend at home is spend worrying and not being able to help there kids with simple things like homework or issues this is not the way life should be but we cannot change life but we could change someones lives with giving that little bit of support. if i didnt have my mum and mike throughout my pregnancy i would have given up without there support even if it is one hand reaching out to help you it means the whole world to someone whose words are landing hard of deaf ears. Sure there are attention seekers but you can never be too sure if there actually being that way because they want attention or because they really need help. But psychologically you can say there only seeking attention because of lack of simple matters in there life could be lack or confidence, communication, support or simply because no one has to time or curtosy to reach out to them.

you have to see it from both sides of the coin. Luis helped me out recently, So did dane with there words and they made me realise some things and i am stronger now because of it and they didnt have to say something or give me advice there lifes are hectic yet they took the time out to help because there cared, why shouldnt i care for others and actually try to help some people, people are selfish and too lazy to help others now unless there is something for them to gain back and i dont like it..

no no. dont get me wrong, I care about people and i understand that sometimes a little support from some one can go a long way but the truth is you wont really know any of these people or where their from or whats really going on. and then there are the people who can not be helped. People with real issues that a chat online can not help. what happens if you hear their story but its only half true .. you give them some advice based on it and they go off the deep end? I know thats unlikely but still  

DoriRo

Anxious Bibliophile

17,050 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Hunter 50
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:34 pm
Thank you i do see your points as kids can dramatize things but if there doing that it is because they have a attention seeking disorder. We could end up answering the same crap but i do not mind that because if we help just a few people it would be worth it. It does concern me that people could just come and end up making topics which are lies but again that shows they have a disorder pretty much lol

vicious cycle indeed.

Kitty - well if they go over the top because of advice then they will learn there lesson because people would have given there advice based on what those people said and maybe next time they won't lie. But it does not matter that i do not know them, i don't know people in this guild but from online, does not stop me caring wink same way people cared when i was pregnant or did they think i was being a attention seeker... wah.. confused...

i might be over my head but i am throughout the day and it could be good for me also to have this to do i dunno ive been through a lot and i have had people pming asking me on advice because there pregnant some even sent me there scans and i thought insted of getting those i would make my guild into a support place.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:35 pm
Angelic_Highlights
I am not talking about here at FG4PGS! i am talking about my own guild lol
no theres a life issues forum on gaia  

DoriRo

Anxious Bibliophile

17,050 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Hunter 50

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:38 pm
Ahh i really should not have gone looking for one in the guild lol, i knew there was not one or i had not seen it haha

Hmm  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:47 pm
Angelic_Highlights
Thank you i do see your points as kids can dramatize things but if there doing that it is because they have a attention seeking disorder. We could end up answering the same crap but i do not mind that because if we help just a few people it would be worth it. It does concern me that people could just come and end up making topics which are lies but again that shows they have a disorder pretty much lol

vicious cycle indeed.

Kitty - well if they go over the top because of advice then they will learn there lesson because people would have given there advice based on what those people said and maybe next time they won't lie. But it does not matter that i do not know them, i don't know people in this guild but from online, does not stop me caring wink same way people cared when i was pregnant or did they think i was being a attention seeker... wah.. confused...

i might be over my head but i am throughout the day and it could be good for me also to have this to do i dunno ive been through a lot and i have had people pming asking me on advice because there pregnant some even sent me there scans and i thought insted of getting those i would make my guild into a support place.
well its up to you. If you think you can take that on then good for you go for it. sweatdrop Id say id join you but I am not good at dealing with drama at all so it would not be wise  

DoriRo

Anxious Bibliophile

17,050 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Hunter 50

MonsieurSponge

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:51 pm
I have to agree with Angel on this. I think anywhere you set up any kind of help service, there are always going to be people who take advantage of you. I would like to help, Ang. If people see that you're for real they might actually take something out of the experience. And anybody who just comes looking for attention is not going to get what they want because I think Angel wants to help people, but in reason. An attention whore would elaborate on a story wildly and most people realize that the story has been changed. If it has been realized that the person that Angel is trying to help is elaborating to get attention, they are still a person who needs help. Maybe not the kind of help you think they originally needed, but help nonetheless. I think it's a great idea. Sure people might want to take advantage of your hospitality, but I think the majority of people who would join a guild like this would not be attention seekers.

Angel I would like to join you. I cannot be on gaia constantly, but after the loss of my own guild I miss helping out somewhere, and would like to help you with this idea.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:11 pm
I think its a wonderful idea. I'll be hoping it becomes a roaring success of a guild. ^^  

Kitsukage

5,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:11 am
Well i opened it and we have jumped 100 members in just a day pretty much so were impressed it seems to be doing really well and even now we have people with real problems looking for aid which me, egga and lyss keep running around doing but its fun ^^

the people are actually sticking to the stick which is brilliant.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:53 am
Angelic_Highlights
Well i opened it and we have jumped 100 members in just a day pretty much so were impressed it seems to be doing really well and even now we have people with real problems looking for aid which me, egga and lyss keep running around doing but its fun ^^

the people are actually sticking to the stick which is brilliant.

umm, just curious, but whats the name for it, or do u have a link to get there, I would really like to join.  

rude32

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:27 am
Prayers for Hope

is the name of the guild.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:57 am
I love the idea. I'll join too but i find it very difficult to dedicadedly (not a word?) post in any guild other than this one. But i'll make an effort at least.  

Sakura-Kyoukan

Atypical Mule

Devoted Vegetarian

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:09 pm
what a huge kind hearted decision angelic
*glompz*
like urself im older than most of gaian fellows so i completly understand what ur aiming for.
even if kids tend for drama (and they often go over the edge) its vital to get em sum kinda support
congrats for this idea  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:54 pm
you

any help even just posting a few posts a week is a help to someone who needs it, were doing really well which i thought would take a week for us to get a regular ammount of people coming in but i am now shocked. whats more the ammount of people who keep thanking me is making me quite embaressed lol  

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas